Fairytale world

By Amypretty1

Christmas eve is around the corner. Deborah wishes to sing and play the guitar as she had wished in previous... More

A/N
short intro
∞1∞
>>2<<
>>3<<
>>4<<
>>5<<
>>6<<
>>7<<
>>8<<
>>9<<
>>10<<
A/N
>>11<<
>>13<<

>>12<<

1 0 0
By Amypretty1

Late noon, and on the table was grilled cheese sandwich and orange juice , the girls kept chit chatting over their meal, while Mrs Harper was busy by the kitchen sink.
' Is Dave coming to pick you up?'
Deborah asked, before taking a long sip from her cup of juice, ' the time says five forty five ' she added, carefully placing the half filled cup beside her plate of half eaten sandwich.
' yeah, he'll be here in five minutes, he says ' Rebecca rolled her eyes.

It's hard for her to say a single word about her brother without showing "I don't care" reactions.

' guess who I saw singing on social media for the first time ever ' Mrs Harper faced the girls and leaned on the sink, she had a proud smile on her lips.

' Sis of course! ' Elena squealed.

' that was awesome honey, you didn't tell me about it, I thought you were still shy about singing to the public ' Mrs Harper smiled.

' it was more easy than I thought, thanks to Rebecca ' Deborah smiled at her best friend who also smiled in return.

' besides you have "STAGE" fright not "singing in your room being recorded" fright ' Rebecca said jokingly dabbing her mouth with serviette.

' I know Reb, but do you know how Insecure, scared and nervous to the bone I was when you were about to upload the video? '

' But you can see now that your voice is amazing, you see how viral the video has gone ' Rebecca winked and beamed.

' And oh Jesus, Elena - ' Mrs Harper looked at her with an humourous smile, ' - Looks like you've been watching a lot of dance videos, guess you got your dance moves from me ' she laughed.

' Oh really? ' Deborah laughed.

' Prove it to them Momma! ' Elena yelled.

' of course ' Mrs Harper stood straight, shifted her gazes between the four pair of eyes before her waist went zigzag in a snap before twirling.

' whoa! ' Rebecca bursted into laughter along with the others.

' mom! That was lit! ' Sofia smiled.

' I've never seen Sofia dance ' Rebecca said and all eyes was on Sofia.

' that's because I don't know how to '. A lie. ' y'all stop looking at me like that! ' Sofia averted her gaze from them.

' dance for us Fia ' Deborah persuaded.

' I don't want to, let Lena do all the dancing ' She said picking at her sandwich with her fork.

' you must dance! Dance! Dance!..' Elena started chanting, and in no time everyone joined in.

' dance! Dance! Dance!...'

' Show them you have my dancing skills in your blood, show them honey!', Sofia sighed heavily and got off the chair slowly, ' give her some beat ! '

Sofia sighed with a funny look of determination on her face,
Deborah picked a fork and,
' 1, 2, 3 ! ' She began to drum, her left producing the bass and the fork in her right hand as the drum stick.

Sofia let the beat fill her head, the only place she'd always danced was in the bathroom alone under the shower.
She felt inferior to Elena when it came to dancing, watching the school praise Elena and award her twice after wining dancing competitions for the school made her feel so inferior, so she never danced in public, not that anyone noticed until now.

' go Sofie! Go Sofie! ... '

And that was when she lost it and began to dance, moving her waist, hips , hands, legs, whole body all In rhythm to the beat, to the surprise of everyone especially Elena who was more than glad that her twin was a great dancer also.

' This is intense! ' Rebecca said with widened eyes now taking a video of Sofia, ' Sofia is so killing this beat, like seriously! '

Mrs Harper just stood with her mouth slightly open. In surprise!

' Whoa! ' Deborah cheered after Sofia's freestyle moves, ' that was crazy 'fia, where did you learn all that from?! '. Sofia simply shrugged with a shy look.

' let's be a team! I didn't know you could dance ! ' Elena pulled Sofia into her embrace. Sofia felt relieved, it wasn't bad, she thought, just dance without looking at their faces, she thought again, hoping she'll get to be in the school dance team with her sister.

' We are a Team sis ' Sofia said.

' I'm so proud of my girls ' Mrs Harper said in a nearly teary voice.

A memory had flashed in her head, a memory of when she was six months pregnant of the twins, Mr Harper was playing the guitar and singing in his honey coated voice, Mrs Harper couldn't take her eyes off him, she couldn't stop admiring how beautiful his voice sounded, calming her unborn children that were not quite long restless in her womb, and how good looking he was, Little Deborah sat on his laps, watching his every move, as he sang, shifting his gaze and beautiful smile between her and her mother ,his wife, as his fingers skillfully danced on the firm strings of the guitar, a look of enthusiasm glinting in little Deborah's eyes, and her Mom with her cute baby bump dancing to the slow rhythm song her husband sang.

_______~~~~~~~~________

It's Sunday! After The Harpers arrival from Sunday church service,Mrs Harper prepared a sumptuous meal for lunch that got devoured in no time.

Deborah packed her clothes and shoes for mirabel's birthday party into a bag and got ready to leave for the Brooke's house.

' Momma ' Deborah called as she descended the stairs. Her mom and the girls were watching a Sunday comic family drama from Netflix on the large TV screen in the living room that was littered with a few of Elena's dolls.

' Hey honey ' Mrs Harper called, swiveling on the sofa to look at Deborah.

' I'm on my way now ' Deborah smiled.

' Remember, no alcohol or any thing stupid, don't forget the daughter of whom you are, which is? ' She rose a brow in await for an answer.

' The daughter of the Most high God, the daughter of Mrs Harper Brooke! ' Deborah said.

' That's my girl, have a nice time and greet Mr and Mrs Brooke for me '

' I will Momma, bye! ' Deborah said walking towards the front door.

' I love you honey! Bye! '

' bye sis! ' The twins chorused with a wave.

' Bye girls ' Deborah said and walked out of the house.

' I'm here! ' Deborah called after a five minute ten seconds walk arriving at the Brooke's house.

There was no response so she proceeded to Rebecca's room.

' Hey girl! ' She jumped onto Rebecca's bed and flipped Rebecca's messy long hair. Rebecca seemed to be asleep.

' Sup babe? ' Rebecca yawned and stretched, sitting up and then resting her head on Deborah's stomach again.

' I'm good, you? ' Deborah dropped her bad on the floor and kicked off her sandals and got more comfortable on the comfy bed.

' Sleepy ' Rebecca muttered.

' let's get prepared for mirabel's party come-on ' Deborah glanced at the bedside clock on the crest drawer,
' we've got just thirty minutes till the party starts '

Dave barged into Rebecca's room, shirtless with only a jean shorts on that stopped below his knees.

' oh hi Deborah ' he smiled sweetly at her.

' hey Dave '

' aren't you guys going for mirabel's party? ' He shifted his glance between the two girls.

' We are ' Deborah answered while Rebecca pretended to be oblivious of Dave's presence in her room.

' get dressed girls ' he said with a slight frown, ' mom said I can take her car ' he said leaving the room and paused, ' you look pretty Debbie ' he said with a smile and left the room.

' thanks Bighead! '

' DUMBHEAD! ' Rebecca muttered closing her eyes sleepily.

' Come-on beauty queen, let's freshen up , and get dressed and show the world how wonderfully and beautifully God created us ' Deborah got off the bed and pulled Rebecca up,
' Come-on Reb! '

' okay I'm up ! ' Rebecca stood and stretched.

The girls got in the bathroom and took a short shower , dried themselves up, put on some body spray, then their underwears as they teased each other, they both got dressed in beautiful wears, Rebecca slid her feet into black high heels shoes and Deborah into a black Lita, to match Rebecca's white body Con dress and Deborah's peach skater dress.
Rebecca brushed and let down her hair, while Deborah packed her full shoulder length curls into two before moisturizing her edges.
They both applied light foundation, did their brows and lashes before finishing it up with gloss on their lips.
Rebecca wore long dangling earrings while Deborah put on tiny almost unnoticeable ones.
To top it all up, Rebecca took a white purse and Deborah a black.

' We look like modern Princesses '
Rebecca said as they checked themselves in the mirror.

' let's get going ' Deborah picked the little present they got Mirabel for her birthday and walked out the room with Rebecca.

Dave parked outside Mirabel's house or should they say mansion, a huge one. Rebecca and Deborah stared wide eye at the huge building and others similar to it on the quiet street.
' why haven't I seen this part of Sacramento before? ' Rebecca asked as they alighted the car.

' how come she attends a public school if her family owns this building, I mean it looks like her father is the president of the United States from the look of it! ' Deborah said awe.

' Come on girls, Sacramento high is one of the best schools and Mirabel literally isn't the only one from a wealthy family in school' Dave casually said.

' And she's so humble, she doesn't act like a rich kid ' Deborah added.

' And Whoa! Looks like she invited half the residents of the town ' Rebecca said as all eyes fell on various cars parked outside, ' Come on guys let's go in ' Rebecca said initiating her move towards the magnificent silver gates that was slightly opened as the beats of music became more audible yet moderate as the neighborhood was a really quiet and peaceful one.

' OMG! The deejay ain't playing ' Dave said nodding his head in sync to the beats.
There was a silver post on the gate that said " Party at the backyard, follow the lights ".

The trio stepped into the large front yard that was fenced all round to the back protecting the building just like every other mansion in the street.
It was well decorated with well trimmed beautiful flowers of different species that looked well taken care of and some of them skillfully trimmed into various shapes and forms in different parts of the front yard, there was also a fountain at the middle of the yard.

' Fabulous! ' Rebecca said in a thrilled whisper.

' Let's follow the lights guys ' Deborah said.

' Excuse me young lovely people! ' A voice called behind them just as they took few steps in direction of the lights on the brick path.
They turned and beheld a huge man with muscled arms and probably six packs dressed in black t-shirt tucked into black cargo pants, a holster holding a pistol attached to his belt, he had a firm smile on his lips but his bright blue eyes emitted a "no nonsense" energy and his hands stayed clasped.

' Hi Mr... ' Rebecca trailed off, 'dangerous looking man' she muttered only to the ears of Dave and Deborah.

' I'm one of the security personnel here ' his smile dropped for a second and came up again.

' Oh...' Deborah blinking nervously at the gun in his holster. She has never seen someone with a gun this close. Mr Security personnel must have noticed that and chuckled.

' please don't let the gun scare you, it's for dangerous people who try to do anything stupid like for example breaking into this building ' he said.

' yeah ' Dave managed to say after all.

' And you don't look dangerous, you look lovely ' he smiled .

' does he ever stop smiling? ' Rebecca muttered to her brother and Deborah again.

' thank you sir ' Deborah smiled back ignoring Rebecca's mutterings.

' do you have your IV with you so I can be sure you're really coming for Miss Mirabel's party ' He said.

' So this is the reason why the card said "bring the card along" ' Rebecca muttered.

' of course ' Deborah opened her purse as well as Rebecca and pulled out their IVs to give it to him, while Dave dug his from his pocket.

' Okay ' The man said giving a glance at the cards and giving it back to them, ' you can go, follow the lights'
He smiled again, more sweetly this time even though his eyes was in contrast to his smile.

' Thank you ' they chorused and turned to continue to the backyard. The venue.

They ended in a garden twice the size of the front yard, there were flowers everywhere, multicolor lights, shinning and flickering and a thousand balloons. It looked more than a birthday party, there were students from Sacramento high and other people from God knows where.

' Her dad Is super rich for sure '
Rebecca slowly nodded as the trio stood together watching the busy Crowd.
Dave glanced at his wristwatch; four-fifty seven pm.

' Okay girls, I'm sure you have your phones with you with at least an average battery percent - '

' Seventy eight ' Rebecca blurted glancing at her battery bar on her phone screen.

' Eighty two ' Deborah added glancing at hers also.

' great, make sure to not exhaust it, we leave by seven ' he looked at the girls, winked at Deborah and walked away blending with the crowd.

' I need chocolates ' Deborah said linking her arm with Rebecca's.

' let's take more pictures ' Rebecca unlocked her phone while Deborah strained her eyes in search for chocolate amidst the different polished wooden tables planted at different places in the yard and bearing different junks and party food.

They took three selfies -even after taking a million flawless ones at home already - and were good.

' now where's Mirabel. Birthday present ' Rebecca said clutching tight the handle of the plastic bag holding their present for Mirabel.

The girls let their gaze sweep through the yard and ; there was Zoe, talking to the cute deejay with purple and red highlights amidst his jet black kinda short hair, flashing her thirty two everytime she opened her mouth to talk to him, she was literally flirting. Rose, applying more powder to her already heavily powdered face, she's more of a Beauty freak, but she's naturally talented at make up stuffs but still a beauty freak. James, with a comic collection of super villains, his gaze steadily focused on it's contents and few feets away were some girls from school ogling at him - Deborah face flushed with irritation and eyed the girls before sending a sweet smile to James that he was unaware of. Amber,was having what seem to be an intimate conversation with a few college boys - " Who are these guys to Mirabel? " Deborah thought - Charlotte, was checking out different flowers species through her silver rimmed glass that sitted on the bridge of her slim noise, a plastic cup of some drink in her left hand. Joe was trying to robot dance in rhythm to the music blasting from the speakers,which was excruciatingly awful. Max was drinking soda in the midst of three girls and two guys laughing at a remark from one of the boys- Deborah felt Rebecca shudder at the sight of Max. Tom was was taking multiple selfies and pictures with different people and of different things, like currently, he was taking a picture of an half eaten fried chicken, and others were doing various silly and sensible party activities.

' yeah, there she is ' Deborah pointed to the gazebo in a visible corner of the garden. Mirabel sat with two of her best girl friends from school and few girls and boys with strange faces as they chatted over glasses of fruit wine.

The girls walked to the gazebo, squeezing themselves through the crowd.
' hey girls! You made it! ' Mirabel stood immediately she sighted the girls few feets away.

' Happy Birthday Mirabel ' Deborah hugged her too, ' you look gorgeous ' Deborah complimented.

' Thank you, you both look so beautiful, I'm Jealous ' she said her last statement in a sing song voice with a wide smile.

' oh don't be ' Rebecca chuckled, 'from the both of us ' Rebecca stretched out the bag to Mirabel.

' awwn thank you girls, so thoughtful of you guys ' Gladness and appreciation was evident on her face.

' you're welcome '.

She walked out of the gazebo with the girls, placing the bag on a large table together with other birthday presents and a huge crafted yummy looking with pink and purple decorative icing birthday cake, in the middle.

' Have fun girls ' She did a little wave and went back into the gazebo.

______/////))________

Hey beautiful and handsome readers,
I hope you loved this chapter.
Thanks for your votes .
I genuinely love you, trust me🌹❤️😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 114K 13
Melissa Crawford thinks she's just a regular teenage girl. She goes to school. She has friends, boy problems, homework...you know, the typical teenag...
177 32 17
What if dreams really could come true? What if fairy tales could come true? And you will become their main character? Once a girl named Aislinn had a...
5.8K 261 55
Golden, Fire and Magic... that's the answer I give to people whenever they wonder about us, they just nod and smile thinking we're too poetic for the...
8.4K 221 34
My body trembled, but not from the cold. "You frighten me." His brow twitched, eyes darting around the features of my face. "Frighten, or excite?" Hi...