Evermore

Por exclusivepearls

The sequel to my other story 'nothing lasts forever'. This is based two years later :) Mais

๐‘ถ๐’๐’†
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†
๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“
๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž
๐‘บ๐’Š๐’™
๐‘บ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’
๐‘ฌ๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•
๐‘ต๐’Š๐’๐’†
๐‘ป๐’†๐’
๐„๐ฅ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง
๐“๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž
๐“๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐…๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐’๐ข๐ฑ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐’๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐„๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐‘ต๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐’๐’๐’†
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐’•๐’˜๐’
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐’‡๐’๐’–๐’“
๐“๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž
๐“๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ
๐“๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง
๐“๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐“๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’๐’๐’†
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’•๐’˜๐’
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’‡๐’๐’–๐’“
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’‡๐’Š๐’—๐’†
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’”๐’Š๐’™
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’”๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’†๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’š ๐’๐’Š๐’๐’†
๐‘ญ๐’๐’“๐’•๐’š
๐‘ญ๐’๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’๐’๐’†
๐‘ญ๐’๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’•๐’˜๐’
๐‘ญ๐’๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†
๐‘ญ๐’๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’‡๐’๐’–๐’“
๐‘ญ๐’๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’‡๐’Š๐’—๐’†
๐‘ญ๐’๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’”๐’Š๐’™
๐‘ญ๐’๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’”๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’
๐‘ญ๐’๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’†๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•
๐‘ญ๐’๐’“๐’•๐’š ๐’๐’Š๐’๐’†
๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’‡๐’•๐’š
๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’‡๐’•๐’š ๐’๐’๐’†
๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’‡๐’•๐’š ๐’•๐’˜๐’
๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’‡๐’•๐’š ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†
๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’‡๐’•๐’š ๐’‡๐’๐’–๐’“
๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’‡๐’•๐’š ๐’‡๐’Š๐’—๐’† (wedding pt.1)
๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’‡๐’•๐’š ๐’”๐’Š๐’™ (wedding pt. 2)
Authors message

๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’‡๐’•๐’š ๐’”๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’

7.5K 268 975
Por exclusivepearls

-Four years later-

-Diana's POV-

"Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" There's a familiar squealing causing me to wake up as a little girl bounces on me and Natalie's bed. I pull the blanket over my head while groaning, just wanting another few hours of sleep.

"Charlotte!" Leslie gives out, jumping onto the bed and I stay beneath the blanket, waiting for Natalie to deal with the two girls. I'm too tired, it's not easy being a girl who values her sleep anymore. Especially with those two.

Anyway...me and Natalie didn't take the kid thing slow. It wasn't even a year into our marriage before we really began looking into adoption and finding an agency that was for us...but at the same time—I told Natalie I wanted to have a baby—we were going to wait but I'm not patient! But, we did do a lot of research and made sure we were ready because kids aren't easy whatsoever.

It was actually Natalie's Mom who convinced us to do both adoption and have a baby...Jane wasn't a fan but me and Natalie spoke with Carson who offered to be the donor and...we found a doctor and it just happened! It worked too—the first time which we weren't expecting. We got lucky. Really lucky.

Natalie was very protective of me during my pregnancy, she always made sure I was okay—she had a reminder on her phone for when I needed to eat or if I mentioned any craving at all, she was in her car and on her way to the store before I could even finish telling her what I wanted.

Me and Natalie have done a lot of stupid things in the past...another stupidly amazing decision we made was to email back the agency that responded to us—we initially emailed them before I got pregnant—we rushed into it after thinking we knew enough...

But...while I was pregnant we spoke with the agency and from there we met Connor and Leslie. We were only looking for one kid to adopt either way but Connor and Leslie...They were just it for us, it took a lot of me and Natalie talking—I mean a lot before we decided that we wanted them to stay with us because after speaking with them it just felt right to give it a shot at least.

Leslie was only four at the time and Connor was 13, Connor was much older and me and Natalie were worried about that but we were just seeing how it would go during their stay.

Even though Connor told us she didn't want to stay with us...she told the agency otherwise. She didn't talk to us much at the start of her and Leslie's stay, Leslie was the complete opposite. She was all over me and Natalie—she called Natalie "Mom" from the first day she began staying with us but the agency said that happened a lot with the people that she would meet.

We read Leslie a bedtime story every night, we still do but we would also offer one to Connor who would decline the offer every time.

One night Natalie caught Connor crying, she told me to go to bed while she spoke with her. Natalie told me afterwards that she brought Connor's chair from her desk over to her bed and just asked her questions about herself. She asked her all about the things she liked while Connor cried...and it surprisingly worked.

Connor ended up asking Natalie to lay with her until she fell asleep, Natalie came into our bedroom later that night and we both began giggling like children. Both of us delighted because when you know, you know, right?

I gave birth to Charlotte during their stay so it was all a lot, having a new born and also wanting to adopt two kids because me and Natalie just felt that connection with them. We knew we were the people they needed and I think we needed them too from the start, to complete our family.

So, it all went quickly, both me and Natalie really dove into the kids thing but I don't regret it in the slightest. I really don't, the adoption was official eleven months ago now and Natalie cried—I did too, of course, but Natalie did. That means something—it means a lot, Connor just laughed at her while also crying. Leslie didn't really understand but she began laughing anyway.

Connor is very like Natalie, she's more on the quiet side and it takes awhile to get through to her and gain her trust. She's good, she's well behaved and she has a good sense of humour. She loves everything got to do with crime—not her doing crime herself but more like detective kind of stuff, she wants to be one and she's constantly watching documentaries and doing all this research—true crime podcasts too, she loves those. She loves horror movies too—her and Natalie keep forcing me to watch scary movies after the younger two go to sleep. I've woken up Charlotte in the past because I screamed and the both of them just laughed at me.

Connor often sits with us in the living room, on the weekends me and Natalie will have a glass or two of wine while watching a movie—Natalie keeps slipping Connor some wine and I kill her for it. They both love teaming up against me. They find my misery funny—I mean seriously, who enjoys scary movies? Why? They just make me shaky and half of the time I get nightmares after watching them.

Now Leslie, a chaotic six year old. She absolutely adores me. I'm definitely her favourite Mom, she loves Natalie too, of course but she always wants to match with me. She's very clingy to me and I don't mind it, I cut my hair again because it felt more like me and she wanted her hair cut too. She also wanted to go blonde but she has beautiful red hair so I did say no, not until she gets older.

In the past, she has taken some of Connor's makeup to cover up her freckles so she could look more like me but it lead to a family meeting...I'm not good at those because I get a little carried away and hop from different topics and end up saying unrelated things. In this case, I ended up telling Leslie it's okay to like girls—she got confused so I let Natalie take over.

Leslie loves everything girly, she's exactly like me while Connor is very much a tomboy. She never wants to match with me and Leslie. I can convince Natalie sometimes but she gets weird about it. For now, Leslie wants to grow up and become a princess.

The blanket gets lifted and the two little girls sneak beneath the blanket, Natalie shushes them quickly as they giggle.

"Sh, don't wake Mimi up." Natalie whispers to Charlotte and Leslie. The Mom thing got confusing so I'm "Mimi" and Natalie's "Mom". It was easier for everyone. Charlotte calls us both "mama" for now.

"I want Mimi cuddles." Leslie speaks and I reach for her, pulling her closer and quickly tickling her sides making her squeal loudly.

"Ahh! Mommy help!" Leslie squirms and Charlotte also begins squealing, most likely jumping to Natalie for help.

"I told you not to wake her, princess. She's not a morning person." Natalie laughs and I begin kissing Leslie's cheek.

"Yes I am! Good morning, my beautiful, beautiful girls." I push the blanket down, seeing little Charlotte cuddled up to Natalie, I laugh a little at her messy blonde pigtails.

"Can you guys keep it down? It's seven am?" The door creaks open and I look back over my shoulder to see Connor in the door frame.

"Come here." I tell her and her dark blue eyes shift from me to Natalie as she drops her shoulders, looking very sleepy.

"No thanks."

"Connor, come here now. Stop being a grump." Natalie groans and Connor drops her shoulders, walking closer and sitting onto the end of the bed while Leslie giggles still and Natalie smiles.

"Connie!" Charlotte sneaks away from Natalie, crawling quickly to Connor who picks her up. I let out a little gasp.

"Charlotte Grace Snow, where is my hug?" I ask and she turns back, looking at me before up to Connor, cuddling up to her making Natalie laugh.

"I got a hug." Natalie pokes me and I glare at her before huffing, pushing the blanket off of me.

"Who wants pancakes? Mom said she's going to make some for everyone, quick, get to the kitchen." I say and Leslie and Charlotte both begin squealing again, Leslie hops over me, almost falling but successfully makes it to the door on two feet.

Connor begins laughing as Charlotte claps her hands, she gets up following Leslie as she carries charlotte.

"You evil—"

"Hurry, I want my pancakes." I slip my feet into my fluffy slippers, glancing to Natalie who shakes her head at me and I stick my tongue out at her.

"Be careful, Maria. I won't be bringing you to the hospital if you fall." Tatum shouts up at Maria on the ladder which is leaning against the tree as she ties one end of the rope around the thick branch. Leslie and Connor have been bugging me and Natalie about a tree swing so we're improvising.

"Ahh!" Leslie screams, running away from Lili who's chasing after her around the grass, chanting about how she's the tickle monster.

"Is that okay?" Maria shouts down at Tatum who nods, they're engaged. I know. It's crazy. They got together three years ago officially and Tatum proposed four months ago, it was cute. It only took them forever to actually get together.

I hear Natalie mumbling curse words to herself behind me, getting closer and I know exactly why she's frustrated now.

"I hate that boy, I really do—"

"Okay, Natalie, shush, he's right over there." I turn to Natalie who waves her hands around, getting frustrated about our daughter's boyfriend...

A year into high school and she has a boyfriend. Who Natalie teaches. She's also Connor's teacher but she has a whole lot to say on him instead.

"I mean come on, Jacob, why Jacob? Out of all the boys in her grade—"

"Natalie, whisper." I take her hand, squeezing it while looking at her and her eyes move away from me, shaking her head as she bites her lip.

"I don't like him."

"I know—I know but our daughter does. It's puppy love, baby, they'll only be together until next month or so. It's summer, enjoy your break from school and enjoy not being able to give him detention for no reason." I say and she looks to me.

"He picks on kids in class, the detentions aren't for nothing. I'm professional with my job, don't even start." She crosses her arms and I smile at her. Oh yeah, Natalie's the most professional teacher. Everyone knows that.

"So professional." I hum, she rolls her eyes and suddenly there's a little force at my legs which makes me look down to tiny Charlotte hugging my shin through my sundress.

"Uppies." She says and I bend down, picking her up. Natalie does a double take back at me before walking closer and cupping charlottes chubby cheeks and giving her lots of kisses making the toddler giggle and squeal.

"Mimi, I got you flowers!" Leslie runs over, crashing into my side, holding up a few daises making me smile widely.

I take them with my free hand and Charlotte opens and closes her hand, wanting them.

"Thank you, princess, I love them." I bend down, kissing her cheek.

"Where's my flowers?" Natalie hums and Leslie looks to Natalie, smiling and revealing the gap in the place of one of her front baby teeth which fell out last week. The tooth fairy spoiled her, the tooth fairy also nearly got caught.

"You took the last cookie. No flowers for mommy." Leslie giggles and Natalie crosses her arms, I laugh a little, bouncing Charlotte making her giggle more at my side.

"Don't mess with Leslie's cookies, it's a lesson we've all learnt." I tell Natalie and she side eyes me, tutting before stepping away, walking over to Maria and Tatum who keep working on the swing.

"I'll get you cookies tomorrow if you get Mom some flowers, okay? She almost appreciates your little gifts more than me." I whisper to Leslie, fixing her hair which is half up, half down just like mine with a matching pink ribbon tied into a bow.

"But Mommy knew I wanted the last cookie." Leslie huffs, rolling her eyes dramatically and I nod. I took the last cookie, Natalie willingly took the blame or else I wouldn't get a goodnight cuddle from Leslie last night. She's very serious when it comes to her chocolate chip cookies.

"I know, I understand why you're upset by it but Mom was really hungry last night and wanted a cookie. And you know what she wants even more than that now?" I ask, bending down as I set Charlotte down on her feet. She wobbles a little so I place my hand on her back as I wait for her to get her balance.

"What?" Leslie searches my eyes.

"Flowers. I know she will be so happy with some flowers picked by her favourite little girl. I'll convince her to let you stay up with us to watch a movie if you do." I tell her and her mouth falls open.

"Really?"

"Really. Go get her some flowers, you know she gets grumpy when guests are over, make her smile!" I hug Leslie before letting her go, she runs off quickly and I straighten up, watching Charlotte waddling as an attempt to run over to Natalie who watches her, smiling before the little girl tumbles over. Natalie laughs, blocking her mouth, I run to Charlotte quickly while Natalie walks.

"Don't laugh!" I bend down, hitting Natalie playfully as I pick up Charlotte who begins crying.

"She's alright." Natalie bends down, fixing her hair as I fix her little dress. She pulls away from me, clinging to Natalie who smiles, kissing her head.

"She could have hurt herself and you just laugh." I huff, Natalie straightens up while holding our daughter, she rocks her side to side slowly, rolling her eyes as she holds Charlottes head against her while also rubbing the back of her head.

"She fell on the grass, my darling, I don't think much harm was done to her. Isn't that right?" She looks to Charlotte who sniffles, nodding her head. Natalie's eyes go to me and I cross my arms at that stupid eyebrow raise she does to me.

"Sorry I got frightened because our daughter who's a literal baby fell over—she's delicate!" I throw my arms up and she steps closer, kissing the side of my head.

"I understand but look at her, does the delicate baby look harmed?" She lifts Charlottes chin and I look at her, looking at her eyes which happen to be the same colour as Natalie's. Carson has brown eyes and as far as I know, Natalie's the only one in her family with green eyes which is weird. Charlotte also has Natalie's little nose—everyone tells Natalie that Charlotte looks just like her even though I'm one who went through those hours of pain to give birth to her.

"No..." I mumble, scratching the side of my head and Natalie hums, giving me two little kisses before pulling away.

I look to Tatum who pulls back from the plank of wood tied to the rope as our diy swing. Tatum does a double take of me, nodding me over.

"Test it out, blonde." She tells me and I walk closer, leaving Natalie and Charlotte to inspect the thick rope before looking up at the wide branch that it's wrapped tightly around.

"If I break my neck, I'm blaming you, Tatum." I hold onto the rope as I slowly sit down, waiting to fall to the ground and get knocked out by the branch but I don't—surprisingly.

I push my feet against the grass, swinging myself and Tatum nods, smiling.

"No inside, Connor. Stay outside, come on." Natalie calls across the field making me look to the porch steps where Connor is, holding Jacob's hand. She looks to me waiting for the good cop to stick up for her...Oh no.

"It's hot, Nat. Let her go inside." I tell Natalie who looks to me.

"Did you buy her condoms?" Natalie questions making Connor gasp and everyone else laugh except the kids who don't understand. Of course she would humiliate her...

"Mom!" Connor yells and I sigh, standing up.

"You're a bitch, Natalie." Tatum laughs and Natalie shrugs watching Connor storm off towards the horses followed by Jacob who's now gone red. That poor boy never catches a break around Natalie.

"I've seen the hickeys! No inside the barn!" Natalie yells after them and Connor groans loudly.

"She's fifteen! Why does she have hickeys?" Lili says and Natalie glances to Lili shrugging.

"Clearly she's not aware of it." Natalie watches Connor who throws her hands up while speaking to Jacob, Natalie is protective of Connor...very protective of her. Connor and Natalie are much closer than me and Connor, they are quite literally twins which is strange.

Natalie's not the mean mom, neither of us are but I'm definitely the good cop...most of the time at least. This is just Natalie going protective mode because she really does not like Jacob. He's sweet.

"What's condoms?" Leslie asks Natalie, holding some flowers.

"I don't know, Leslie. I've never needed to use one." Natalie speaks and I huff.

"Your Moms are lesbians, those are mostly for icky boys and girls who date." Maria says to Leslie and Leslie nods slowly, trying to understand or at least pretend like she does.

"Am I a lesbian, Mimi?" Leslie asks me and my eyes widen a little.

"No, sweetie." I smile at her and Natalie kisses her head, thanking her for the flowers while also telling her how beautiful they are.

"You can't be the judge of that." Lili tells me and Leslie looks at me confused.

"Natalie." I say and she laughs a little.

"That's something you will figure out on your own, alright? Nobody knows but you so don't think about it now, you'll know when you know." Natalie rubs Leslie's cheek.

"Here comes the teen." Maria whistles as Connor marches across the field, crossing her arms.

"Mimi, tell Mom that I'm allowed inside the house with Jacob and tell her stop humiliating me! She already gave him detention on the last week of school because she knew we had date plans!" Connor glares at Natalie.

"That's a bitchy move." Tatum speaks and Maria hums in agreement while Lili sits on the grass, making herself a daisy chain like she's a child, Dorothea laying on the grass beside her.

"Exactly! I can't live! Even when the door is open, she comes in with laundry that isn't even mine?" Connor crosses her arms and Natalie looks away, mumbling to herself making me smile.

"Connie, she's making sure—"

"I'm not having sex! I'm fifteen, Mimi! She knows I'm not, she just wants to embarrass me!" Connor groans and I fix my dress, stepping forward to Connor.

"She's gone quiet." Lili says and everyone looks to Natalie who's standing embarrassed, her cheeks a little pink as she sets Charlotte down and "fixes" her shirt.

"Shut up, Lili." Natalie rolls her eyes.

"Mom, it's humiliating."

"He's not good enough for you, Connor."

"You don't even know him, oh my god!" Connor looks to me, waiting for me to step in.

"Okay look...I think we can all agree that Mom is just being protective but she's also being just the tiniest bit dramatic. Nat, you need to remember her age, she's responsible and you are overthinking everything. Nothings going to happen if they go inside on their own." I look at Natalie and she looks down at her nails, humming.

"Alright then."

"Don't be mad at me, please." Connor says to Natalie making her look up and meet our daughter's eye, Nat's eyes immediately soften making my heart melt a little.

"I'm not mad, honey. Go inside but I mean it...be responsible, I have taught you not to take shit from people. Especially boys like him." Natalie crosses her arms, nodding at Connor making the teenager nod, smiling.

"I will, you don't need to worry." Connor speaks before running off towards Jacob.

"If only Sadie would bite him or something when they go inside." Natalie mumbles making Tatum laugh. Sadie prefers staying inside, especially on hot days like these. She has her days where she will run around but she's getting old so she doesn't have as much energy anymore. Maggy mostly stays with Sadie, Maggy prefers Sadie to Dorothea.

"Be nice." I tell Natalie and she drops her hands.

"I am being nice. I am always nice."

-Natalie's POV-

"Homework! He shouted. Homework! Yuck! I will not do any more homework!" Diana looks up from the open book in her hands, dramatically raising her voice as Leslie and Charlotte stay cuddled up beside me on Leslie's bed.

"Now, Jamal's mother was concerned. She had never heard Jamal talk like that and she had no idea that he didn't like doing his homework!" Diana gasps looking to the two kids, they begin kicking beneath the blanket and giggling. Leslie looks to me as I lean up on my elbow beside her, raising my eyebrows.

"Jamal seems like a brat, doesn't he?" I whisper making the both of them erupt into more little giggles as Charlottes pale cheeks get painted red by her laughter.

I look to Diana and she smiles at me, putting one hand on her hip waiting for the girls to relax.

"You two are supposed to have your eyes closed! It's sleeping time not giggling time!" Diana tells them and they begin to relax slowly and I nod for Diana to go on with her reading.

"My teacher wants to meet with you, Jamal said. Oh no." Diana gasps some more, making Leslie join in on the gasps too. Diana's very enthusiastic during story time.

"That's fine, his mother said. But I would like to talk to you before we meet with your teacher. They spoke for a long time and all while his mother was writing things down. Jamal chuckled to himself as she wrote. It was like she was doing her own homework, and do you know what? She was." She reads, not as dramatic, allowing the two giggle monsters beside me to finally relax.

"Do you do homework, mommy?" Leslie asks me, looking up at me with her tired little brown eyes.

"No, sweetie, I give lots of it though." I say and she smiles, turning away from Charlotte and towards me, cuddling up.

Leslie and Charlotte like having sleepovers in Leslie's room most nights, it's easier, getting them both to sleep together instead of doing it separately.

Diana goes on reading while Leslie begins to drift away to sleep against me slowly, I rub her back gently, still listening to Diana reading from the book, softly, her blue eyes lifting from the page every once in awhile to see if they've drifted off.

I lean over carefully, pushing the blanket down from Charlottes face and she opens her eyes, sticking her tongue out at me.

"Get to sleep, you little rascal." I whisper as Diana laughs while reading. Charlottes green eyes stare into mine for a second as she shakes her head.

She has my eyes. It's so weird to me but I don't complain. I'm grateful if anything.

Slowly but surely, Charlotte falls asleep and Diana closes the book before walking over to Leslie's little bookshelf, sliding the book back into its place.

"I love you." I whisper, kissing Charlottes head before kissing Leslie's.

"I love you." I whisper again before carefully getting out of the bed while Diana gives them both a goodnight kiss, I switch on the small night light before turning off the big lamp.

"Glass of wine and a movie?" I walk towards the bedroom door and Diana sneaks her way beneath my arm, I look at her nodding.

I shut the door as we step out into the hall.

"I can't sleep." Connor speaks from her bedroom door making us both look to her as Diana jumps.

"We're going downstairs to watch a movie, come on, convince Mimi to watch that new horror. You wanted to watch it too." I nod at her and she smiles as Diana gasps.

"Natalie—no, we just got the girls to sleep, they're going to wake up again." She gives out as we walk down the stairs with Connor.

"I'll get us a glass of wine while you guys put on a funny—happy movie. Connie, what would you like? Soda? Popcorn?" Diana asks Connor as the both us make our way over to the couch.

"Can I just have some sprite? I wouldn't mind some popcorn too—thank you, Mimi." Connor tells her.

I glance back over my shoulder to Diana in the kitchen before looking to Connor, she looks back at me smiling. I hand her the remote and she laughs a little.

"Tell her it's a comedy." I whisper and Connor nods, bringing her legs onto the sofa as she searches up a horror movie.

The popcorn pops in the microwave as Diana walks over to the dining area, shutting the curtains before going back to the kitchen.

"Did you lock the door?" I ask Diana before hearing quick footsteps getting distant before I hear the lock clicking, I smile to myself before the microwave beeps.

"Need help, Darling?" I ask, looking over to her as she opens the microwave.

"No, thank you though. I got it." She speaks and I hum, watching her for a moment until she glances back to me, doing a double take and smiling.

"Hurry, I want to start the movie." Connor tells Diana as she sets two glasses down on the counter.

"Just a second."

"I'll help." Connor gets up from the couch, her patience threading as she wants Diana to sit down and watch this movie.

It takes another few minutes before the two of them finally sit down and the movie begins playing, Diana doesn't notice at first, she's too busy eating popcorn and yapping about some book she read. Connor, of course, shushes her.

A scene plays, a suspenseful one which makes Diana's hand freeze as she holds some popcorn. Connor glances to me while Diana's focus stays on the TV, the floorboards creaking on the TV along with a very chilling music playing to complete the scene.

I move my hand along the back of the couch, Connor's sitting in between me and Diana but I move my hand slowly towards her.

Someone jumps out on the screen and I tickle the back of Diana's neck making her yell as popcorn flies out of her hand, me and Connor begin laughing as Diana stands up quickly.

"What the hell, Natalie!" She raises her voice and I laugh while telling her to be quiet.

"You too! You're both a pair of bullies—the both of you. I don't find this funny—my heart is racing now!" She throws her hands up and I smile at her but she shakes her head.

"You can sleep on the couch, I'm seriously mad. I don't like scary movies and you keep tricking me into watching them." She crosses her arms, I glance to the staircase seeing a very sleepy Leslie creeping her way down.

I give Leslie a look as does Connor.

"I'm sorry, beautiful." I smile, moving my eyes to her.

"No you're not, you say that every time and you continue to do it. I almost peed myself, guys, it's not funny." She drops her shoulders, I glance back to Leslie who's creeping closer to Diana.

The floorboard creaks and Diana's eyes widen, she glances to Leslie who screams before Diana does too, running over and jumping onto me.

"That's not funny!" She holds onto me tightly, almost crying as she raises her voice, I keep laughing as I rub her back, hugging her as she stays curled up on my lap, frightened.

"I'm sorry, Mimi, mommy and Connie told me to do it." Leslie fixes her hair while Diana glances back to her.

"You are all evil, I don't trust any of you." Diana gives out, still holding onto me.

"That's why you jumped to me to protect you?" I ask and she glances to me.

"Connor wasn't going to protect me, was she?" Diana questions and I smile, I kiss her cheek and she shakes her head wiping the kiss away making Leslie giggle as she sits down beside Connor.

"I wanna watch!" Leslie kneels up.

I hear crying upstairs and look to Diana.

"I got her. It's okay, will I bring her down?" Connor stands and I nod at her before she walks towards the stairs.

"I forgot my teddy!" Leslie quickly chases after Connor up the stairs.

I look to Diana, moving my hand beneath her shirt to hold her waist as I press a kiss to her soft lips but she doesn't kiss me back.

"I don't like you." She looks away from me, loosening her grip but decides to keep her arm around me still.

"That's because you love me."

"You wish."

"Oh, I don't have to wish." I smile and she rolls her eyes.

"Okay whatever, I do love you—I'm only saying it because I feel bad." She mumbles, scratching the side of her head and I kiss her cheek.

"You love me." I whisper, kissing down her jaw gently.

"You love me too."

"I do, my beautiful, beautiful wife." I press my lips to hers again and she deepens the kiss, smiling against my lips.

"Oh! Charlotte's coming down, we better put on Mamma Mia so we can skip her screaming and jumping around for it." Diana pulls back, grabbing the remote off the coffee table. Charlotte has a strange obsession with Mamma Mia, at this point she can sing along to all the songs in it.

"What about mamma Mia two? She hasn't seen that one?" Diana looks to me, sitting back as I rest my arm along the back of the couch.

"Do you want her to throw a tantrum? On a Friday night? The night I'm supposed to have you to myself with a glass of wine." I kiss her cheek and she smiles.

"That makes it sound like you don't like our daughters." She moves her legs, resting them over my lap as she lets Mamma Mia play.

"Oh yes, I despise them...I don't mind Connor joining us, it's the other two who will get up grumpy tomorrow morning. Pancakes with Nutella and strawberries can't fix Leslie's mood all of the time, that only works on you and Charlotte." I speak and she laughs.

"Leslie snooped in your closet!" Connor walks down the stairs holding Charlotte in her arms, Leslie runs down behind her with a photo book in her hands.

"I found a photo book!" Leslie runs over, jumping onto the couch, glancing to the TV before dropping her shoulders.

"Aga—"

"Ahh!" Charlotte squeals, clapping her hands at the TV making me smile before focusing on Leslie.

"What did you find, sweetheart?" I ask.

"Dancing queen!" Charlotte says, wiggling in Connor's arms, wanting to go down.

"I think she just wants the music." Connor speaks and Diana picks up the remote again, Leslie huffs sitting back.

"One song." Diana tells them, standing up as she begins to play dancing queen, I exchange a look with Connor as Charlotte starts jumping.

Diana's singing begins soon after, of course making me drop my head back with a groan. So much for a relaxing night.

Charlotte gets scooped up into Diana's arms, Diana smiling as she bounces Charlotte in her arms, Leslie giggles beside me while Connor drops down at the other side of me.

"Come on, Leslie!" Diana puts Charlotte down, reaching over for the remote, turning the TV up. I give her a look and she winks at me. Leslie doesn't move, staying where she is as her laughs continue because of Diana being Diana.

Diana jumps up onto the coffee table making me block my mouth, she's going to hurt herself, she will fall and we will end up in the ER because Diana couldn't relax for five minutes.

"Digging the dancing queen!" She jumps and Connor groans, cringing and I watch Diana dancing almost amused at how immune I've become to this behaviour.

"Can we at least change the song?" I raise my voice over the music and Diana's dancing stops, Charlotte keeps jumping and mumbling along. She will probably fall over too.

"Connor, play when I kissed the teacher." Diana speaks and I meet her eye, she shakes her shoulders, doing a spin. That woman will be the death of me.

Connor changes the song...to "when I kissed the teacher", I sigh, rubbing my hand over my face before Diana nods at me.

"No!" I shake my head making Leslie and Charlotte giggle.

"Dance, mommy!" Leslie pushes me and I look to Connor, hoping she will help but she sits back smiling.

I shake my head at Diana while she keeps singling along to the music.

"They had never seen the teacher blush, she looked like a fool." Diana sings, really emphasising the "she" for our kids.

"Go Mom." Connor says and I groan, standing up, she holds her hands out to me and I take them as I get up onto the coffee table with her.

She lifts my hand, making me do a quick spin, I plant my foot down on the wooden table below us quickly as Diana keeps dancing.

"You're an embarrassment." I tell her and she shrugs, rolling her eyes as she smiles. She keeps a hold of my hand as she spins herself, leaning back against my front as she keeps singing, shaking her shoulders as she sings very dramatically.

"I'm fun, baby. Don't be such a bore, we're not old yet." She jumps and I glance to Charlotte jumping around still while Leslie and Connor snicker, whispering to each other.

Diana spins around, shaking her head very enthusiastically allowing her blonde hair to get all messy as she basically yells along to the song. How she knows this song? I have no idea.

"All my sense had flown away, when I kissed the teacher." Diana sings, I lift her hand, spinning her before dipping her and kissing her making Leslie and Charlotte continue with their loud giggles. This happens too often, Diana gets the kids hyper and it takes forever to get them to sleep.

The song ends and I pull back, looking at Diana.

"Don't kiss your teachers." Diana looks to the girls, hoping down from the table, I follow, laughing, noticing the look Connor's giving me.

"Again! Again! Again!" Charlotte squeals, and I look to her as she sits up on the couch, her blonde hair in two little pigtails like always

"Hush it, smally, it's bedtime for you." I move closer to her, tickling her sides making her giggle and begin squirming.

"You're making hyper, idiot." Diana says and I lift Charlotte up, kissing her cheek over and over making the squealing continue.

"She will never sleep." Diana looks to the two girls on the couch, Leslie moves closer to Connor before picking up the book. Oh yes, I'm the one at fault for getting her hyper. That came from the woman who got up on the coffee table, singing her heart out.

"Sleep is for babies." Leslie speaks as she opens the photo album, Diana moves to sit beside her, looking at the photos.

"Uncle Charlie?" Leslie points at a picture and Diana nods, looking at the pictures. I sit down on the other side of her, Charlotte sitting on my lap.

"Can we have more stories?" Connor leans forward a little, looking to Diana. I hold onto Charlotte as I also grab the remote, turning off the TV.

"Yeah, I think I have a few stories in me for tonight to get everyone to calm down." Diana speaks, flipping a page in the photo book, looking at photos of her and Charlie from when they were kids.

She's become a lot better at speaking about him, it still hurts her, of course but she's always telling the kids stories and on days where we can, we all go to his grave and sit for awhile. Leslie always insists on getting her own flowers for him. We also set up a small table in our hallway with photos of him and small little things he owned, she got his speech for our wedding framed. There's also flowers on his table, which get replaced when they die but Connor insists on preserving them which she does.

When me and Diana were talking about baby names we really just liked Charlotte, it's close to Charlie somewhat and we both loved that. If she did end up being a boy we were set on Charlie although Diana knew it would be a bit painful, she wanted to honour him and make sure he was remembered. That's why we always have story times where Diana will tell the kids how amazing he was, Leslie especially, loves Charlie without ever getting the chance to meet him.

I grab the fluffy blanket on the couch, holding it out to Leslie who takes it, both her and Connor resting it on their laps. I cuddle Charlotte, watching Diana, waiting for her to look at me, just to make sure all is alright.

She finally meets my eye, smiling and I nod, smiling back. An understanding between the two of us without words, she's alright.

"Okay...One time—Mom knows this one, she was there, aunt Maria and Tatum were there too. We decided to go to the beach during the summer and Mom, being her grumpy self, didn't want to swim with me so I got Charlie to." Diana speaks softly, Leslie moving to lay her head on Diana's lap, Diana lifts her hand, slowly running her fingers through Leslie's red hair.

"It was all okay, we were having a good time, uncle Charlie was very funny like you guys already know...he was also a bit awkward when it came to people he liked." Diana laughs and I smile, knowing which story she's going to tell. One that's embarrassing for the three of us.

"Some guys were playing with a beach ball...they accidentally hit uncle Charlie as we were walking back towards the shore—they got him right in the face, a guy rushed over trying to make sure he was okay." Diana continues, Charlottes head rests against my chest as she drifts off to sleep because of Diana's soft voice.

"Charlie...he liked the guy—it was very obvious, so he tried flirting by saying something stupid, telling the guy he basically done it on purpose because his eyes were glued to Charlie...Charlie laughed, the guy didn't...He made another joke—a worse one...it was very inappropriate and the guy gave Charlie a weird look. I was trying to laugh too but the guy really did not like uncle Charlie." Diana smiles and I keep listening.

"The guy told uncle Charlie that he doesn't like guys like that—Charlie was so embarrassed, he grabbed my waist and the both of us pretended to be together. Mom didn't know that we were joking around and the guy apologised and asked us to play ball...Charlie being Charlie agreed and the guy told us to invite everyone over. Mom came over and kissed me." Diana tells them, glancing to Connor who begins laughing.

"What happened then?" Connor asks before yawning.

"The three of us told the guy we were a throuple to save Charlie the embarrassment, but also by embarrassing all of us more. Just because Charlie bear couldn't let a straight guy, who he flirted with terribly, know he was gay. It was a very awkward day." Diana shakes her head and Leslie mumbles, half asleep.

"I would as for another story but I'm really tired, I'm gonna try sleep again." Connor stands and Leslie sits up slowly too

"Do you wanna sleep in my room, Leslie?" Connor holds her hand out to her little sister, Leslie stands up before taking her hand.

"Want me to take her too? I'll make sure they stay in bed, you guys didn't have date night this month because Charlotte got sick." Connor walks closer to me and I smile at her. Me and Diana have a date night once a month, we spend one night away from the kids to stay at a hotel or something, just to check in with one another. We always make sure the three of them are alright with the night we have planned, usually my Mom will come over or else Lili also volunteers as well as Jane. We always end up FaceTiming them because we miss them...

"You're the best, Con." I unwrap my arms from around a very sleepy Charlotte. Connor slowly picks up the toddler, hugging her.

"It's nothing, goodnight. I love you." Connor walks away and Diana quickly stands up, kissing the side of Connor's head.

"Goodnight, I love you." Diana whispers to her making Connor smile.

"I love you, goodnight." I speak before the three of them go upstairs, Leslie mumbling to Connor.

I sit back with a sigh, glancing to Diana who smiles at me.

"Come check if the moon is out with me." She wraps the fluffy blanket around herself as she stands.

"You and that moon." I stand up, following her to the door which she pulls open, holding it as she stands aside for me.

"You're cute." I look to her before stepping outside, shivering immediately because of the cold, but I spot the moon, a waxing crescent which shines bright in the dark sky above.

I sit down on the rocking chair beside the door, Diana letting the door shut before unwrapping the blanket from around her body. She drops it on my lap and I smile, sitting up before wrapping it around my own, gathering both the corners in my hands as I open my arms for her.

She smiles widely, sitting onto my lap, facing toward the moon. I wrap my arms around her, pulling her back against my front before placing small little kisses on her cheek.

"You know I still love you, right?" She whispers softly, her warm hands wrapping around my arm beneath the blanket. I rest my chin on her shoulder, tilting my head just slightly to get a better look at her delicate face.

Her blue eyes shine as she watches the moon, not smiling but she glances to me, doing a double take.

"I know." I speak and her lips curve up, into that beautiful smile I know and love.

"I don't say it enough."

"You said it to me twenty minutes ago." I laugh and she laughs a little too.

"I know...but I still...I love my life with you, Natalie. I love the life we have with our kids, we have kids...I mean it feels like just yesterday we met Connor and Leslie—Leslie telling us about her favourite teddy...Connor giving us weird looks but still ended up telling the agency she wanted to stay with us. It feels like just yesterday when I was in hospital about to have Charlotte and I nearly broke your hand with the pain I was in." She says and I snort, kissing her shoulder.

"Doesn't it though? It feels like just yesterday that I was standing in that bookstore and the most beautiful woman I have ever seen took a book I was dying for from me...the same woman who ended up being my teacher who I fell hopelessly in love with and the woman who wrote the book I was dying for...then she became my wife and the best mother to our kids." She turns on my lap, focusing on me as she cups my face. I look up at her, lifting my finger to run it along her soft cheek.

"And I'm happy I did." I tell her and she covers my hand, kissing my wrist before threading her fingers with mine.

"You know I'm proud of you, Natalie?" She says and I laugh, looking away from her. She sits up more, squeezing my hand as her other one turns my chin back towards her.

"I'm serious. I only realised it when you were dancing with me that I've never really told you that." She says and I look to her, chewing my lip.

"I'm proud—"

"I know—I know. But...I've been through things which you already know and you tell me you're so proud of me for getting through it. But, baby, you've been through things too and nobody's ever told you how proud you should be. Of yourself, because you, Natalia Grace Snow, are so amazing and truly...I mean this with all the honesty inside of me that you are the strongest woman I've ever met." She tells me and I bite my lip harder as my eyes tear up. It's happened a lot with her, me crying and it's never bad. It's always the good kind of tears, well mostly...the sad tears are never because of her. But she's the reason I let them fall.

"God." I suck in a breath, wiping my eye and she leans forward, kissing my tear stained cheek.

"I'm so proud of you, I really am. You write books about me but I could write one too, just about how amazing you really are. I'd definitely have to show it to people, tell them all about my cold hearted wife who's really the biggest softie just needed a little true love to realise the whole world isn't against her." She whispers and I look at her, I look into my wife's eyes, feeling like everything around me has faded away, like it's just me and her in our own little world away from everything else.

"And who would have thought that my whole world would become the girl who knew how to warm my cold heart—who stayed around long enough to let me know I wasn't some..cold hearted demon incapable of loving anyone anymore. Who would have thought my perspective of everything would change after one kiss from her pretty lips. Who would have thought I would experience the love I used to write about, who would have known I would get my happy ending?" I search her eyes and she smiles.

"I knew. I knew from the first kiss you gave these pretty lips. I wasn't letting my Natalie Snow go so easy. I'm glad I didn't." She speaks and we just look into one another's eyes. A feeling of pure happiness runs through me—I feel like Cinderella being transformed for the ball, I feel like I've been put under a spell—a good one, the best one.

"I'm glad too. Really fucking glad." I smile and she laughs, trapping me into one of her tight hugs.

I let out a breath as I wrap my arms tightly around the woman I love most, around the woman who's shown me what being in love is truly supposed to look like and how it's supposed to feel. And I'll forever be grateful for that. For a woman who's written a book called "nothing lasts forever", I do know my love for Diana will last for evermore.

Continuar a ler

Tambรฉm vai Gostar

68.1K 3K 24
"You're not okay, are you?" "No"
131K 4.6K 114
Book 2- Sequel Read "Remember you" before reading, because this is a sequel!!! Amari and Indigo has now moved away to start a new life. Follow them a...
73.4K 3K 34
Sequel to Stripping for the English teacher.
116K 5.6K 33
Sequel to Crossing Lines. Starting off where book one ended. Sometimes crossing lines comes to a crossway.