Dead End; jaeger, arlert

By clockaroundthecorner

Y/N L/N was always the subject of bullying. Why? Her looks played the only factor for this. She always felt i... More

II. Flickering Lights
III. Number?

I. Fresh Start

29 2 2
By clockaroundthecorner

Warnings: Profanity, possible darker themes,
I don't own the characters of Attack on Titan, nor do I own you, pictures not mine.
___________________________________________

Y/N L/N, or rather, the girl who'd never felt the touch of a man, just like everyone described you. You were always an ugly kid. An ugly kid who could never even dream of feeling loved by the opposite gender. That's what they always told you, at least.

You never had trendy clothes. You never had perfectly straight and white teeth. You never cared enough to put on make-up, and even if you tried, the others were always quick to recite the 'lipstick on a pig' quote to you.

You tried your hardest to fit in, but no one ever seemed to appreciate your efforts. Well, except for one person. The one person you deemed as your safe haven, who you could always rely on. The only male person who never turned their back against you.

Reiner. His name was Reiner Braun. He was always nice and kind, even to a supposed outcast like you. He's never treated you differently... well, at least not in front of his friends.

You thought you could trust him. You thought you could rely on him to wipe away your tears when you were feeling sad.. And just when you formed a small kind of puppy crush on him, something changed your entire perspective of him.

You called out his name once, unfortunately for you, he happened to be surrounded by his friends at that time. Not just his friends. Your main bully as well. Eren Jaeger, the rich and popular boy who's shoulder was always occupied by some girl.

He disliked you greatly, and his only reason was your face. He hated your face and words that came out your mouth to such extent, that he even broke his rule of not hitting women.

So, when you tried to act friendly with your only friend in the egotistical brown haired boy's presence, not only did Reiner stop talking to you completely. To add the salt to the wounds, he started partaking in the daily beat up sessions with Eren, just to make himself fit in better.

A poor girl, only ever pitied by her parents, since not even the teachers were willing to help. And because of your poor financial state, you couldn't even move schools, because they cost too much in your area. Your only choice was to suck it up and hope that you'll graduate middle school.

A poor, ugly girl.
That's what you were.
That's what you'll always be.
A poor girl no one cares about.
That's what you always thought at least.

"Mom, I'm fine!" You groaned. It was currently five AM, and you were on a freaking call with your mother, who was adamant about knowing how you were faring.

You've just moved out of the house. Now you'd be sharing a room with another girl your age, and your mom was more than worried. Her sweet little fragile daughter taken away from her, just how could she accept that? It took a while, but she didn't have a choice but to accept the fact as it was.

Thankfully, your roommate didn't arrive yet, since the school was only starting today. But that didn't mean you were trespassing there illegally, no no. It was completely up to the students on whether they'd move into the dorms earlier, or on the first day of school.

"Honey, I'm just worried!"

"Yeah, but you woke me up so early," you sighed as you brushed the knots in your hair away.

"Alright sweetie. Remember to study hard and try to get a scholarship. Drink lots of water and eat healthy. Find a good friend, and be careful. High School is tough, I've been there myself."

Your mom was always really nice to you. In a world full of pain, at least you still had someone to talk to.

You smiled at your mother's advice as you set the hairbrush down. "Thanks mom. Love you," and with that, you hung up.

It was time to get ready for the dreaded first day of school. You slapped your cheeks, making them redden as you stared at your reflection and your now swollen cheeks in the mirror.

Two years ago, you went to a brigade, so you could fix up your teeth by getting braces. Your dad also got a new job and brought your family from your bad financial state, and now you could finally afford some nice things for yourself. Your mom made you go to a face spa and helped you get rid of your acne, and you also got a different haircut.

Thankfully, students were required to wear uniforms, so no one would bully you for clothes. Well, now you could at least afford normal ones, but you still didn't have enough for branded clothes or anything along those lines.

As you looked at yourself in the mirror, you could only think about how different you looked. You were no longer the bullied geek, but rather a normal looking teenage girl, ready to take on whatever challenge will be thrown at her, just to achieve her goal. And that goal of yours was to obtain the students scholarship, of course.

Well, you were always pretty smart. Mainly because you never really cared that much about looks, but chose to focus on your studies more. Not like you could focus on looks when everybody talked to you like you were the ugliest creature to roam Earth.

Sighing, you straightened out your pleated skirt, before flinging your schoolbag lazily over your shoulder. You then placed your hair into a messy low ponytail and fixed the straps of yout backpack, before heading out.

A brand new day,
a brand new school,
but most importantly, a brand new you.
_______________________________________________

"That Entrance ceremony was ass." One student complained as he kicked a rock while walking to his class. You followed and stared at him as you agreed in your head. It really was terrible.

First, the principal tripped. Then, the microphone stopped working. It was a total catastrophe. But hey, who were you to judge.

Shiganshina High was a prestige school, but opening ceremonies certainly weren't one of their qualities.

You walked after the boy, who seemingly already found his friends as you remained silent the whole time. You were hoping they didn't notice you following after them. You just didn't know where your class was, that was all.

"Hey, girl. Why're you following after them like a lost puppy? Do you have a crush on Jean-boy or something?" A pretty blonde haired girl nudged your shoulder, a teasing smile plastered on her face.

"I wouldn't recommend it. He's dumb and a player."

You stared in awe at the girl talking to you so easily. She wasn't even judging you! That was something new for you. Totally new. Before she could interpret your weird silence in a different way, you managed to speak up.

"Him? No, I didn't even get to see his face," you shrugged.

"You should be glad then. That jerk's face looks like a horse that'd harass you for an apple," she sighed, "Enough about boys, what's your name?"

"M..my name?"

"And who else's? Am I also talking to your grandmother's ghost something?" She laughed.

"Oh, uh, sorry. I'm Y/N," you replied as you fiddled around with your hands. You were super nervous. It was your first time speaking to an actual being on equal footing!

"Ooh, nice name. I'm Hitch. I can already tell we'll be besties. Oh, that brings me.. Were you following after them, 'cause you don't know the way to your class?" Hitch asked, making you gasp.

"How did you know?" You questioned in disbelief. She rolled her eyes.

"You were walking around like a dumbass like, five minutes ago. I don't know why I didn't realize sooner," she laughed at the way your eyes widened in pure shock. She saw you doing that? She saw you being embarrassing, yet still chose to talk to you? She actually acknowledged your existence in a not-mean kind of way?

"Oh yeah.. Please, forget about that," you awkwardly shuffled after her as she shook her head while smiling.

"Nah, it was funny. Let's sit by each other in class- Wait, your assigned class is A-12, right?"

You looked down on your student ID and nodded, "Yes," your reply forced a hum out of her throat. As the both of you walked, you suddenly heard some weird muffled noises, which sounded awfully close to pleasurable whimpers instead.

With a huff, Hitch placed a hand over your eyes and guided you away from the scene of two students casually making out in the hallway.
"Ignore them. Those were Eren and Mikasa. Poor Mikasa, I remember there was a rumour about him hitting women. Well, it was said that the girl he was bullying didn't even look like a part of the female species, but still," she said with a chuckle.

'Ouch.'

"Ohh, makes sense," you hummed, your stomach twisting into knots in protest as you finally entered the classroom.

Hitch and you sat in the back beside each other, as you mostly spaced out through the first introduction hour.

Eren Jaeger had a girlfriend, huh.

You felt a poke on your shoulder.

He could have a loving girlfriend, while he convinced you of the fact that you were uttermostly unloveable.

Another poke.

This all.. wasn't fair at all.

"Earth to Y/N!" Hitch snapped her fingers as she whisper-shouted, hoping to God that the teacher didn't notice her little stunt.

"Huh?" You turned your head around to meet the girl's gaze as she rolled her eyes.

"Stop spacing out! It was like talking to a brick," she complained, making you mutter a small "Sorry."

"Well, whatever. Do you think you can pass this note over to the guy in front of you?"

"Why?" You asked, staring at her weirdly. She could've just done so herself.

"Well-! You're closer! Just hurry up!" She said in annoyance as she put the slip of paper on your desk. You reluctantly took it and suppressed your curiosity to open it. As you were about to throw it on his desk, the teacher suddenly turned around and narrowed her eyes.

"Are you passing notes in class, L/N? Seriously? On the first day as well?" She sighed as she walked over to you. Your face heated up the moment everyone's heads snapped to yours. You didn't wish to do anything more, but to bury yourself in a hole and never come out at the moment.

You looked to the side to see a panicked Hitch already staring at you, mouthing some apologies as you couldn't help but start sweating like you ran a marathon.

As the teacher was about to reach your table, you looked to your left and noticed an open window next to you. That was your chance.

You didn't know what Hitch scribbled on there, nor did you want anyone finding it out. So, you did what not a single sane person would do.

You chucked the paper out of the window.
The teacher's jaw dropped at your nerve as she paused.

"L/N, yo-"

"I'm sorry miss, the wind was strong," you lied with a straight face as the class erupted in a fit of giggles.
The teacher was left flabbergasted as she blinked a couple of times to ensure she wasn't dreaming.

"I'll let this slide, since it's the first day. Next time I won't be so generous."

And with that, the bell rang and everyone was dismissed.
______________________________________________

The rest of the day was alright. After your first fiasco of a lesson, you chose to sit quietly and listen to your teacher, rather than focusing on your peers. You only had two classes with Hitch, which was a quite sad fact to be honest.

But after school ended and you met up with Hitch, she practically begged you to come to a party a boy named Connie was having. You knew what kind of party that'd be. Smoking, drinking alcohol and mainly, releasing sexual tension. That was as far as you could assume.

You still gave in, mainly because she was insistent and because she even cared enough to ask you.

Right now, you were sitting in the school library, blowing your head off by being immersed deeply in your books. You had to prepare for the upcoming exams. You had to rank at the top of the class if you wanted a scholarship. Hopefully, no one else is trying to get it.

'Well... Except for that one.'

You focused your sight on a rather pretty blonde boy in front of you with his headphones on and his tie loose. He also had a hickey on his neck. Gross.

You sighed at your own thoughts, before reverting your attention back to your notes. You can't afford to think too much about boys. They were immature either way.

"Psst," you suddenly heard as a note was passed over to you. The blonde, of course was the perpetrator. You tried to ignore it, but then he called out your name and your eye twitched.

How did he even know it?

Finally, you looked up through furrowed eyebrows.

"What?" You asked, clearly irritated by his nagging. Why was a taken boy trying to initiate a conversation with you?

"I believe you dropped this," he smiled as he handed you a pen you lost in chemistry class. Your mouth formed an 'O' shape as you now felt embarrassed.

"Oh... thanks," you mumbled as you took it from him. He then surprisingly continued on with his work, leaving you confused. So, he was only talking to you to return your pen?

He must've felt content with giving the pen back to its rightful owner while the owner in question was now downright just feel perplexed. You stared at him quietly, mulling over the fact that this blondie might be trying to win the scholarship just like you.

Sighing, you stood up and packed your things. You knew it was now only useless to stay there, since you couldn't really take your mind off the thing you were worrying about.

He could make you try harder though, if he really was trying to rank on top of class. Maybe you were only delusional, but you swore you could see him studying the same things as you, so it would only make sense if he...

Nevertheless, it was time to get back to the dorms. Now you felt slight excitement bubbling in your gut. Or was it nervousness? You were really curious about who your roommate would be.

Hopefully it'll be someone nice and funny, just like Hitch.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Hiii, I'm new here! This was like a teaser chapter, I'll make the upcoming ones longer, so dw! I give my thanks to anybody reading this, and also, don't hesitate to leave any comments or questions regarding the story!

The start may have been a little rushed and cringey, but it was just a flashback, so I didn't want to go too much into detail with it!

Not proofread, and I'm sorry if you find any grammatical errors, but for my defense, my first language isn't english :D

That's all! Bye bye!

Word count: 2576

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 56.9K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 40.6K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1.6K 115 8
- ๐ˆ๐ which, a girl ranting on twitter catches the attention of a blue eyed princess. how will their chemistry go? will it build or fall apart? ๐Ÿค:...