Broken Beads

By Abha3006

Mistakes are a part of human growth, but some are unforgivable and life changing. Riya Varun met when dreams... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18

Chapter 17

320 57 1
By Abha3006

After the fateful night, Varun remained anxious and worried about Riya. He wouldn't let her out of his sight. If she failed to respond to his calls, he would just get agitated and would run around to find her. Riya had comforted him a time to time but nothing seemed to work on him whent it came to her , so she took the ultimate step and proposed him.

Riya had expressed her desire to go back to the school they met and Varun obliged. They took first available flight and landed in the lap of Nature surrounded with beauty. Riya smiled wide, she always loved this hill station. Varun had already worked out on the permission, and on  a weekly off , they decided to visit the school where their story started. Varun watched as Riya walked around caressing the walls of the 100 year old school building. The red walls had many stories and theirs was one of them. 

''Shall we go to the library?'' He nodded. Riya walked around smiling like a child and then dragged him to the corner where they first kissed. She extended her hand he placed his on to hers. Riya gave a jerk, pulling him closer. ''Riya! Someone will see.''

''Its a blind spot.'' She repeated his words from the past. Riya wrapped her arms around his neck, leaning further she parted her lips placing them over his warms ones. Varun closed his eyes pulling her closer. The kiss was slow, consuming and emotional. Riya broke the kiss, cupped his face and placed a deep peck on his forehead. ''I love you Varun.''

He smiled wide, it was a dejavu. Only the roles had reversed. 

They roamed around, spent sometime in their classrooms reliving the dreams. ''Varun, I am taking you somewhere, and this is for my healing.'' She knew he would readily do anything for her as he felt guilty  for putting her through the mess. Varun followed and they entered the empty dean office.

''Varun, you betrayed me here.'' She reminded. Her pain, insult and torture she went through

Varun looked around. His eyes moving across the chairs where their fathers and Dean sat that day.  The accusing eyes and words that were thrown a Riya. He shut his eyes tight and when he opened them, he saw them there, suddenly being taken to past and events playing in front of him. ''It was me who was in picture with Riya. I love Riya, and I will always be on her side. She has not done anything wrong. She is innocent. We never crossed any line. ''

Riya's intention was to wash the guilt of Varun but his words healed her. She never cared of what world said, but she cared of his words. Closing the distance between them, she hugged him tight. Varun suddenly felt light, the guilt of past slowly leaving his heart as all the people vanishing in thin air. He lifted her up, making her squeak. 

''Shall we go to he restaurant where you took your first job.'' he nodded. They drove to the place and found the owners who were overjoyed to find the school boy who helped their small business then.

Varun took his old seat and the mike. When he stared, the crowd started pouring in knowing of the the star performing there. Varun sang for straight two hours , he thanked everyone and then extended a gift  to the old couple as a small financial aid.  Varun left his card and asked them to reach out if they need help. The couple then decided to go to their favourite hill top and Varun went down on his knees.

''Riya, since the day I met you, I have felt my life worth of love. You made me realized I deserved love, colours and happiness in my life. With you, I am Varun and without you, I am just a body without soul. Will you marry me?''

Riya nodded vigorously. ''But I want a grand one. That's what I had dreamt as teenager about our wedding.''

He nodded. Varun watched her, few days back his mother had expressed her desire to plan his wedding but he had refused not wanting any favour . Plus,he wanted things simple, but Riya made sure that all remaining walls between him and his mother were crumbled to dust. He knew he won't be able to refuse and she found a way.

***

Post the dinner, Varun and Riya decided to watch a movie when Varun's phone went off. ''Hey Lakshay...'' There was a pause and then all cam was. ''When...oh...okay. Don't worry. We will take the first flight back.''

''All good!''

''They are taking Nirali to hospital. She is in labour.''

''O! She was due next moth. I will pack.'' He nodded and ordered a car for the airport. They had to be driven to the state capital. 

It was during early morning hours, and drove straight to hospital. ''Lakshay!''

''She has been in labour for past 12+ hours . I am scared.''

''I will speak to the doctor. '' Riya said walking away. Lakshay sat worried, his head in his hands. ''Where is Arun?''

''Airport, picking our parents.'' Varun nodded. After about half an hour more, the doctor walked out holding a small bundle wrapped in a light blue cloth. 

''Congratulations Mr Lakshay! Its a boy.'' The friends cheered, hugging Lakshay one after the other along with the baby. The doctor stood there grinning wide. ''Would you all  mind a picture?''

''No, but you need to be out of those scrubs. Naman said. '' Lakshay handed the baby to his mother as his parents and in-laws gushed over the new grand kid .

Riya was the first one to see Nirali. The friends hugged as Riya enquired about her her health. ''This is first and last baby.'' Nirali declared

''And its a boy. Now its our target to have a girl, so you can have a daughter in law.'' Nirali chuckled. ''I miss Amisha.''

''Same here. But today, is about our little hero. Also, everyone is waiting to see you.'' After a minute the door flung open and Nirali laughed as all barged into her room like a group of hooligans escaping the police. Varun held the baby talking to him random stuff.

Arun gave Nirali a small peck. ''Congratulations Mama! Now, pls stop scolding all of us.''

Naman agreed, ''Plus, we have a new band member. He and all seniors demand respect.'' Nirali jus rolled her eyes, she was the first female among the four boys and she had turned into a warden for them since a year.

''You guys are not getting married till I am completely on my foot.'' Nirali declared

Varun smiled, ''No, we cannot. You are Riya's family and she won't marry me without you.''  Nirali smiled wide. 

***

When they reach ed home, they found Varun's mother waiting outside the apartment. Varun hugged her. ''Ma, all okay?''

She nodded emotional before opening her arms for Riya. Varun led his mother into his house. Veena looked around and smiled, she felt a certain pride that Varun's house had a soul. It wasn't like the mansion she had spent all her life in crying her pain. A place which only held darkness. Veena had cursed her self for not acting in the past.

''What would like Ma?'' Riya asked

''Anything, I am home.'' That one sentence made Varun hug his mother tight. Riya walked away leaving them alone. Varun held on to his mother, tears streaming down his face. Veena rubbed his back sobbing in his arms. ''I am sorry Varun, I should have stopped all longer before it happened. I thought, if you leave, that monster would leave you alone. But I was wrong. I am so sorry.''

''Ma, I was never angry. I can be never angry ma. Dad said I was hopeless because I was like you, I am proud to be like you..a Human.'' Veena caressed Varun's head. Her palms caressing his strong shoulders and arms. ''My baby is a man now.'' She smiled

''I missed you Varun. I am sorry.''

Varun hugged his mother again, holding her till she cried out the years of pain. ''How are others mom.''

''You dad retired, you must have read. Your brother just got demoted for embezzlement of the corp funds and your sister, well she has been terminated .'' Varun noticed his mother, Veena had no regret on her face.

''Ma, they can do something to harm you.''

''I chose that life son, I am capable. Infact, just for to pacify my dad and my hunger for his love made me a door mat. But no more.'' Varun smiled and kissed her hand.

''Would you keep a request?'' Veena asked a little hesitant

''Anything for you Ma!''

''Let me plan your wedding.''

He nodded. Riya grinned wide and walked in with a tray full of refreshments. ''Have dinner with us Ma.''

''I would have stolen yours had you not asked.'' the laughed.

''Any request?'' Veena asked

''We want to wait till Nirali is fine. They matter a lot for us.'' Veena agreed. She stayed till late night listening to her sons different experiences around the world. Before she left, Varun handed his mother a set of his music. ''I always wanted my family to have this.''

Veena smiled wide. ''You will hear on my comments and recommendations soon.''

''Mom, will you be safe.''

Veena smiled. ''You should think about your dad. He is not doing good.'' Varun blinked. Veena hugged Riya once whispering as soft gratitude for begin with her son.

***

''You resemble your mom a lot. No wonder you look good.'' Riya said as they stood cleaning the table and kitchen.

''So you find me handsome?'' He smiled closing the distance between them. ''Tell me you love me!'' Varun whispered

Riya sucked her cheeks she grabbed his butt cheeks squeezing them hard. ''I lust you!'' Varun blinked and then laughed at her dramatic expression of feelings. Riya felt calm, this was the varun she had fallen for. Free spirited and confident

She knew he held the guilt and the only way was to le him say what he couldn't then. Varun pulled her nose hard. ''let's go and sleep. Nirali might need you tomorrow.''

When he found her still standing there, he walked back to her. ''What' wrong?''

''I am tired, pick me up.''

Varun huffed, he lifted her up as she kissed his cheek. ''Such as nice boy you are.''

''So do you love me or you are still lusting.'' And they both laughed.

****

Their marriage date was fixed a month after and media had received the bytes . This had made life a little complicated for Riya. She had received her licence to practice in India but the attention was making it difficult.

''I will see what I can do''

Riya held varun's hand. ''It will die as soon as we are done with wedding. And I feel kind of important.'' He watched her, she was adjusting to his life without complaints and he fell for her all over again

***

Amishs smiled wide reading the news of Varun and Riya's upcoming wedding. She was really happy for them. After months something had bought smile on her face. A knock made her turn and her elder brother walked in. ''Ami, how long do you plan to stay in this room.''

''till I am ready. Aren't I here? This should be enough.''

Amit huffed. ''Ami, we are having a party. I will have your dress ready, be down at 7PM.'' Amisha said nothing. The mansion felt like jail but she had bargained her freedom in exchange of happiness of all she loved. 

''I will be there.''

Amit walked to his sister , placing a loving hand over her head he caressed it gently. ''Talk to me AMi. I missed you.''

''I will when I am ready.'' Amit stood facing his baby sister , ''Ami, this is your family your home.''

''Is it really? I didn't walk away because I wanted to, I was made to. I hope you remember that .'' AMisha sounded bitter

''Ami, we all need to work things out. Family sticks together.''

Amisha took a deep breath. ''I want to be alone. And I will be there at 7PM.'' Amit huffed, he pecked her forehead walking out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 304 24
Riky a lonely broken soul is set to attend the wedding of her Ex with her once best friend ... but life has different plans for her and she meets a s...
2K 138 41
the story is about this girl named Ryden and the mistakes that were made in her love life. She thinks her life is over until she meets him.
119K 3.7K 30
this started one day when you got added by a mistake on a wrong conversation with people you don't know. But who would think than you will find love...
114 27 24
Ritu used to live in a dreamy world. She believed that one day her prince charming would surely come. In search of true love, she saw many ups and do...