Don't Touch My Heart [LeeKnow]

By auroraflavoured

「High-school AU」 「I mischievously stick out the tip of my tongue at him before smiling 」 | v Where Lee Minho... More

●•Introduction•●
■▪︎Characters' appearances▪︎■
Chapter 1: New Life
Chapter 2: Troubles
Eunbi Facts-Bonus ^^
Chapter 3: Crystal Clear
Chapter 4: Good Person
Chapter 5: Rearview Mirror
Chapter 6: Pouring Water
Chapter 7: Popcorns
Chapter 8: Debts
Chapter 9: Chopsticks
Chapter 10: Hide and Seek
Chapter 11: Seeker
Chapter 12: Scribble
Chapter 13: Adhesive Tape
Chapter 14: Sketch
Chapter 15: Cherry Tree
Chapter 16: Steal my Heart
Chapter 17: Loyality
Chapter 18: Warn
Chapter 19: Mud
Chapter 20: Born Mean
Chapter 21: Mine
Chapter 22: Fever
Chapter 23: The Only One
Chapter 25: Gone
Chapter 26: Tipsy
Chapter 27: Regret
Chapter 28: Escape
Chapter 29: Hate You
Chapter 30: Glass Heart
Chapter 31: Society
Chapter 32: Eyes On Me
Chapter 33: Dare
Chapter 34: Stubborn
Chapter 35: Opportunity
Chapter 36: Perfect Seal
Chapter 37: Wish
Chapter 38: Fair
Chapter 39: Assure
[Finale] Chapter 40: Always
>Bonus Chapters Requests<
Bonus #1: Forgotten
!!DTMH SEQUEL!!
Bonus #2: White Lie
Bonus #3: Candid

Chapter 24: Empty

85 9 9
By auroraflavoured

|<Kiss you right here> Hyunjin says, pouting.|

My heart stops, then melts and then explodes.

I heat up immediately, and my eyes widen.
His face is backlit while mine is lit by the sun through the window.

I gulp and I slowly nod. I didn't even think about it, that was impulsive.

Hyunjin giggles and then leans closer. His hand cupping my jaw while the other still hold my hand.

He presses the tip of his nose against my cheek and I chuckle. He is so cute, my stomach is doing cartwheels.

After some seconds that felt like eternity, I feel his soft lips gently pecking my cheek.

A wave of heat spreads through my body.
Eunbi calm down, it's just a kiss on the cheek.
But my heart disagrees.

After Hyunjin leans back a bit, I can see his bright grin.
I squeeze his hand in mine and I close the distance between us by hugging him.

This time, he hugs me back instantly, holding me tightly to him. I smile against his chest and he rests his head on top of mine.

We stay like that for a while, in silence. It was comforting.

<Let's go now. Or who knows what others will think> Hyunjin mumbles against my head. I gasp and I playfully slap his chest.

<Hyunjin!> I squeal and he bursts out laughing.

<Just kidding, let's go> Hyunjin then says, catching my slapping hand and holding it.

I roll my eyes smiling.
<Whatever.> I mutter and we head to the canteen.

Once we enter, we see that, since Minho and Hyunjin weren't there, Yeji and Felix took their seats at the table.

They notice us and signals us to approach them. Of course I ignore the glares I'm getting for holding Hyunjin's hand.

But I decided to stop giving them weight and enjoy my happiness.
Me and Hyunjin walk closer to them.

<You two can seat here, me and Seungmin have to study for the upcoming lesson.> Changbin says, standing up with Seungmin.

<Ah, thank you> Hyunjin says and we seat at their places.

As a ritual, I steal a nugget from Felix and he laughs.

Wes spend the remaining time chatting and the school day ends.

Hyunjin insisted on walking me home but I refused. We live in two opposite directions, I don't think that's the case.

I said goodbye to Felix, Yeji and Hyunjin and started heading home.

Today had started a bit off but turned out good. I wonder if Minho is doing fine, I mean, he was still a bit sick when I left him.

But I don't care, he is a grown up man, he can survive a fever.

I enter my house and I go upstairs in my room. I do some homework and then, now evening, I lie on my bed.

I scroll on Instegram and a post of Hyunjin pops on my feed. My body freezes seeing what kind of photo was that.

It's him in a tank top and in the photo there is mainly his bare and trained arm.

But my heart stops as soon as I read the caption.
"Since you seem to like this kind of photos..."

Is he referring to... me?
I blush and I cover my face instantly.
I'm so embarassed. I hope I got it wrong.

But... should I like this post? He is my boyfriend after all.
After a very long debate with myself, I decide to like it.
Right after doing that, I yeet my phone away and I slip down the blanket. I can't believe I did it.

I take a deep breath and I calm down. I wasn't the only one who liked that picture so it's not a big deal.
I reassure myself.

Let's think about tomorrow. I need to choose the dress.
Tomorrow I won't go to school, Felix texted me that we will all meet at Hyunjin's house in the morning and then go to the party in two separate cars.

I'll tell this to my mother later, I don't think she is going to say no.

I open my closet and I examinate every dress. I don't have many because I never have occasions to wear them.

At the end, I opt for a black silk dress. It's long till my ankles and it's long sleeved. It's kinda adherent but not too much.

It highlights my waist and doesn't make my shoulders bigger. I really like it, I'm happy that I can finally give this dress a chance. I rest it on my bed so that I can wear it tomorrow. I pick a pair of black shoes and a silver necklace.

I think it's going to be fine.
I finally go to sleep and I turn off the lights.

Shit. What to I gift to Jeongin? I open my eyes again and I turn on the lights. I can't make a draw for him, it's not original anymore. I need something else but I don't know him enough to know what he likes or not.

What do I do?
Now it's too late to do something, I'll go out early tomorrow morning to buy him something.

I lie down again, falling asleep.

//time skip to the morning//

I wake up and I sigh. I have to buy that damn gift. I dress up quickly to then leave the house.

I enter in a near shop. They sell accessories like watches, wallets and also jewelries.

I look at the prices and I gasp. I don't think I can afford any of these.
But I can't go at his party empty handed.

I can make a sacrifice for once. I decide to go for a pair of earrings, since I saw him wearing them.

I chose a pair with a small triangle pendant. They are cute so I hope he will like them.

I grab then and I go to the checkout.

<These ones please.> I say to the female cashier. She nods taking them.

<Sure. It's ₩65.000 (around $47)> I gulp. I picked them also because they weren't that expensive compared to the others but I don't think I've ever spent that much for something.

I also nod, opening my wallet.
I start to gather up all the banknotes I need but an arm pops from behind me.

<I'll pay for both> A voice says, placing a bunch of banknotes on the counter together with a shining clock.

I turn around and I see Minho standing next to me. He has a pissed expression on him.

Dude, I didn't ask you to pay for me.

I shake my head and I pull out the money.
<No Minho, I don't need your help, I already told you.>
I say and he sourly scoffs.

The cashier looks at us with questioning eyes.

<But please, watch your wallet. It's empty, would you like to walk around without money?> Minho insists, lifting his banknotes more to let the cashier grab them.

<So? Why do you care? You really like making me feel inferior huh?> I say annoyed and I slam my money on the counter.

Minho frowns his eyebrows.
He takes a deep breath.

<You complain when I treat you badly, you complain when I try to help you and you complain when I don't talk to you. And then you wonder why I act like this.> Minho spits getting angry.

I step back, not expecting such a reaction. He is really losing it.

The cashier has her eyes widened, not knowing what to do.

<Sir, let's calm down please. What about you discuss about this outside and then come back when you've cleared your minds.> She says, forcing a smile.

I sigh and glance at Minho who is looking down.
<I hate it. When you try to act as the victim here.> I say, before paying with my money. He doesn't say anything and I walk out of the shop.

I head home since I have to dress up for the party. After lunch I have to go to Hyunjin's house.

Minho appears just when I start to feel happy. Unbelievable.

He had to ruin me the mood for the rest of the day.

I step in my bedroom and I take the dress and the shoes.
I enter the bathroom and I wear them. I look in the mirror, I like how it enhances me.

I then put on the silver necklace that gives a spark of light to the outfit. I leave my hair down and I put on a bit of mascara and I draw the wings of the eyeliner. Now my eyes are more captivating and cat-like.

Once I'm done, I choose a black purse and I leave home.
I call a taxi and I tell him Hyunjin's address.

I also text Yeji saying that I was coming. While I was at home, I opened the fridge and I found a slice of pizza with a note on it.

My mother left it for me earlier this morning before going to work. I'll eat it for lunch.

After stepping out of the taxi, I head him my credit card. I use it only when I don't have any banknotes left.
I look at Jeongin's gift that I carefully put into a yellow paper bag.

I really hope it was worth the expenses.

Once I'm done with the payment, I walk towards the entrance of Hyunjin and Yeji's house. In front of the sidewalk, there is already a SUV and a Merchedes. I guess everyone is already here.

I then ring the intercome and I hear from inside some voices.

<Minho-ya! Open the door!> Bangchan shouts and I hear someone complaining about having to stand up.

I assume it's Minho. Why him among everyone?

After some seconds, the door opens and I find myself facing Minho.
We stare at each other for a few seconds. He looks at me from head to toe. I feel too observed.

<Are you going to let me in or what?> I ask, crossing my arms.

He sighs and steps back, leaving the way in free. I roll my eyes and I walk in.

I smile as I see Hyunjin and he quickly stands up front he couch as he turns his head to me.

I do a little run to approach him ad I launch myself in his arms. He catches me and holds me tightly.

We keep chuckling not caring about others' eyes.

He ruffles my hair and I whine.
I'll brush them again later.

<You look gorgeous Eunbi> Hyunjin says, holding my arms with his hands.

I smile, blushing. <Thank you. This outfit suits you too> I compliment him as well.

He smiles and I turn around to greet the others who were staring at us, grinning and teasing the long haired boy.

At least everyone was doing it except for Minho. He was glaring at me. What have I done this time?

Only his presence is a whole level of stress for me.

<Ya stop!> Hyunjin shouts and everyone laughs harder.

<The party starts soon so hurry up if you have to finish getting ready.> Bangchan says and everyone nods.

I go to Yeji and I hug her.
<You're amazing!> Yeji says and I smile.

Everyone is dressed elegantly and they are all beautiful. It hurts my pride to admit it, but Minho in a suit is something unexpectedly mystical.

<Anyway, since we are nine and we have two cars... we have to split up.
I was thinking like me, you, Hyunjin and Minho in the SUV and the rest with Bangchan.> Yeji explains and I nod. It bothers me a little that I have to be with Minho but at least I have Hyunjin and Yeji.

We leave the house and we walk towards Minho's car.
It's starting to get dark and there is a light breeze.

I get in the back seat with Hyunjin and Yeji sits in the passenger one.

We are silent but Hyunjin suddenly leans his head on my shoulder and I smile. He nuzzles his face in my neck and I chuckle because it tickles. So cute.

Minho starts the engine and the car starts moving.
I notice Minho glaring at us from the rearview mirror. It's like the fourth time that I get in Minho's car.

The silence dominates the car and I see Yeji scrolling some videos on her phone. Hyunjin is still resting on my shoulder and I'm holding his hand.

After some seconds, Minho clears his throat.

<So... I heard that Seojin is going to be at the party, too>

>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<
Author's note

The next chapter is going to be entirely about the party. I can't wait to write it!!

These are the earrings Eunbi bought for Jeongin.

See youu

auroraflavoured

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 10.9K 43
"Are you seriously going to give up on Minho?" "No." ~ In which Han Jisung is in love with his best friend Lee Minho and tries everything to hide his...
243K 8.9K 74
Jisung, the new kid Minho, the jock Chan, the nice popular guy Felix, the stoner Changbin, the emo Jeongin, the anime geek Seungmin, the nerd Hyunjin...
328K 14.4K 42
When you love someone, what do you do? How do you feel? What do you want? A girl who is bullied by the schools heartthrob. She hated him ever since...
842K 40.6K 68
"I wouldn't blame you if you tried to walk away. But I want you to stay". Lee Min ho, full time being emotionless, best friends with a crazy Australi...