Fairy Tail One-Shots

By bluey_9

Stories of your favorite Fairy Tail couples. It's 2024 and Nalu's still not canon๐Ÿ˜ƒ Nalu (Natsu x Lucy) Gajev... More

She's A Bit Clumsy (Gruvia)
Kids (Nalu)
Character Development (Gajevy/Gale)
Her Armor (Jerza)
Lucky Bastard (Gruvia)
Happy's Catchphrase (Nalu)
Sleeping Situation (Gale/Gajevy)
Fairy Tail's Drunken Women (All)

Power Couple (Jerza)

20 0 2
By bluey_9

"I am not accepting this."

Erza Scarlet stood in front of Jellal Fernandez with her usual stern expression as she crossed her arms. Silence hung between the two powerful business owners as Jellal sat staring down at the contract Erza had thrown onto his table.

"I'm willing to negotiate a couple of the terms," Jellal supplied as he leaned back in his chair to look up at who he hoped would become his future business partner. "You know we'd be a formidable pair in our industry."

"Yes, but your current terms are offensively insufficient and no amount of compromisation would be able to raise it to acceptable standards," she responded.

Jellal considered Erza for a few moments before standing up from his chair and giving her one final proposition,

"Let's get married then."

Erza's jaw dropped, "E-excuse me?"

"My shareholders would never allow a contract with your level of 'standards' and you don't seem to want to back down, so let's create a partnership through different means," he stated calmly. "Let's get married."

As Jellal walked around his table and closer to Erza, she unconsciously backed away as she attempted to process his words.

"Where on Earth did you get the grand idea of marriage?"

Jellal grinned, "Well if it isn't through a contract, the board would allow a unification if we were to get married. They're old-fashioned that way, especially after my father passed."

Erza raised an eyebrow, "And how would this benefit me? Who is to say I would not be able to succeed on my own?"

"I would never imply that you wouldn't be able to get it done, we both know you're a strong opponent, but you can not ignore the blatant fact that your goal of entering another market would be much more attainable if you had my resources to back you. Gaining the majority in this market may be attainable, but expanding outwards is not a simple task even for you."

Erza walked over to the small couch situated in the center of Jellal's large office and sat down.

"Still, a marriage seems slightly excessive," she replied as Jellal sat down on the chair across from her.

"Maybe, but you remember how good of a team we were in our school days don't you?"

Remembering her days at the arduous boarding school her parents had enrolled her in at the age of 12 was not something Erza usually did fondly, but she couldn't help but smile as she recalled the memories that Jellal was referencing.

"I cannot believe I am considering this," Erza made eye contact with Jellal as she spoke, "but you make good points."

Jellal opened his mouth to continue listing the benefits, but Erza beat him to the punch.

"And I have been told by my marketing team that I need to create a better public image, so I suppose marrying you would help with that..."

"Of course it would, I'm glad you're being rational Erza."

She rolled her eyes but finally held out her hand for him to shake, "Then, it is a deal."

Jellal strongly grasped her hand, "Perfect, we'll make a great team, I'm sure of it."

"Yes."

***

"So please, I'm dying to know. Just how did two people named on the Forbes 30 under 30 list get married?"

Jellal laughed at Mirajane's question. He and Erza were currently at a party that was being attended by many of the industry's leading CEOs and partners. The setting was quite extravagant and the twinkling chandelier lights caused Erza's hair to shine vibrantly, making Jellal struggle to keep his eyes off her long enough to maintain a conversation with someone else.

"Well, you know how the saying goes, 'There's a thin line between love and hate.'"

Erza rolled her eyes, "We did not hate each other."

"No," Jellal looked at her affectionately, "we certainly didn't."

He turned back to Mirajane who studied the pair curiously.

"We have known each other since we were teenagers because we attended the same school," Erza supplied, completely missing Jellal's gaze.

"Oh! That makes so much sense. I always knew the rumors about you two being a marriage of convenience had to be false," Mirajane giggled.

Just as Jellal was going to question who believed those rumors, Mirajane looked behind them and spoke excitedly, "Oh, my husband is calling for me. Nice meeting you two I hope to see you again!"

They watched as she scurried away to a burly man who seemed to be twice her size, in both height and width, and with a peculiar scar over his right eye.

Grabbing two champagne glasses off the passing server's tray, Jellal turned to Erza and handed her one. He held up his glass in a sign of toast.

"To our partnership," he stated.

Erza clinked her glass against his, "To our partnership."

They continued mingling and speaking with old and new acquaintances and with each light caress and loving look, Erza increasingly struggled to remain calm around Jellal. She was about to sneak away from Jellal, but they were approached by a more out-of-place individual.

"Erza! Jellal! Long time no see!" the salmon-haired man greeted boisterously.

Erza softly smiled at her old friend, "How have you been Natsu? I am glad to hear of the successes of your welding corporation."

"Thanks, I've been great! But I wanna hear more about you two," he wiggled his eyebrows knowingly. "So the class presidents got married! Can't say we didn't see it coming."

Jellal laughed, "Well, can't say we predicted you getting together with a Heartfilia."

Natsu smiled sheepishly, "Yeah well, what can I say? Opposites attract." His expression turned into a smirk as he playfully elbowed Jellal's side, "So ya finally tied down Titania, eh?"

Jellal turned bright red as Erza looked clearly confused.

Upon seeing her expression Natsu explained, "Don't tell me you didn't know Erza. Jellal had a crush on you since we were like, 13!"

Erza flipped her head toward Jellal, but he maintained his focus on Natsu as he avoided her questioning gaze.

Natsu continued talking about the changes he was making and as they continued their chit-chat, Erza attempted to forget what Natsu had said. 

Just because he had liked her when they were young didn't mean he likes her now, right? 

It had been officially 3 months since Jellal and Erza got "married" and of course, they had created terms and conditions in the form of a contract before submitting official documents. They were married under the eyes of the government meaning they would need a divorce when it became time to part ways.

Erza usually avoided thinking about that detail, especially when she got to do the mundane things like wash dishes with Jellal. The calm and collected pair weren't nearly as good at conveying emotions as they were at making business proposals.

When the party was over and the pair was back in the comfort of their home (where they had separate bedrooms) Erza dropped a bomb on her "husband."

"Jellal, I do not think I can go on with this," she stated bluntly as he unlaced his shoes.

Jellal calmly stood up, always the one with a level head for her, "What's wrong darling?"

"That," she replied pointedly before walking into their kitchen.

Jellal blinked in confusion before following behind her, "I don't understand, you're gonna have to explain a bit more honey."

"That! Those– those pet names!"

He moved to rest a comforting arm around her shoulders, attempting to calm down his wife who was clearly panicking, "I'll stop if it makes you uncomfortable."

Erza looked off to the side and her bangs covered her eyes from Jella's gaze, "No, sorry, I am not explaining myself well. It feels too comfortable."

She pulled herself from his arms before facing him with a serious expression, "For me, this arrangement is no longer just a contract, but for you, it is so I will have the divorce papers sent to your desk by the end of this week. Rest assured that you will keep all your assets."

Erza moved to walk away, but Jellal quickly grabbed onto her arm.

"Erza, how could you ever think this was only business for me," he stated quietly.

Erza met his intense stare, frozen in her spot.

"I do not understand. Was our marriage not purely for the merger to be approved? We signed a contract for this reason," she finally spoke.

It became Jellal's turn to avoid eye contact, "Well, I wasn't going to tell you this until I had more time, but I may have stretched the truth a tad."

Erza waited for him to continue.

"While it's true that the merger was much easier to propose because we got married, it was also a great way to convince this specific, stubborn woman to marry me."

She stared at him wide-eyed.

"I know it's not the best way to start a relationship, but I love you Erza, and I thought that with a bit more time you'd realize that our marriage could become more than just an 'arrangement.'"

Finally willing herself to move, she threw her arms around his neck, "I love you too." She pulled her head back again, "But do not call me stubborn, I am not Gray."

Jellal laughed as he held her tight, "I think this calls for some celebratory cake."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 19.2K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
9.8K 200 12
I've been on wattpad a lot and I love reading Tokka books so I wanted to make a one shot book for fellow short story readers who love Tokka as much a...
67.6K 2K 20
In the city of seoul..... Where at night no one can go out due to a fear...a fear of the dangerous mafia king who owns the asia and underground world...
5.7K 114 3
Different one shots about female footballers from the Wsl to la liga f. Please send in your requests