𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑, paul lahote ✓

By -bronwyn

╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩... More

𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

13K 547 35
By -bronwyn

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

AN ANOMALY

VAMPIRES DON'T JUST PASS OUT.

It was against their very nature; they couldn't pass out. So, imagine Augustine's surprise when she lurched upward with a gasp, hand pressing against her chest at the dull throb that was emitting from it. Her eyes blinked, adjusting to the onslaught of brightness after having been closed for... she didn't know how long.

Right, her hand. Looking down, she flexed it once more and sighed. "That shithead was right," she murmured, recalling her conversation with Alec a few hours prior. Glancing to the clock on her nightstand, the time indicated that she'd been out cold for two hours. The thought of missing all that time was the price she had to pay to get her hand back, and boy, was she excited.

Rather than alert the rest of her family, their scents lingering all throughout the home, the first thing she did was plop herself in her desk and pulled forward the recent, unopened letters that Alec had sent her. The others were disregarded at the bottom of her dresser, beneath her extensive graphic t-shirt collection; however, she was eager for any insight, and she sure as hell wasn't about to write the boy back— wasn't about to receive an I told you so letter.

No, she was going to find out how Alec knew she was capable of giving herself a new hand (how she manipulated her own material makeup, really) without alerting him of such. Yeah, a solid plan.

She just had to get through about a dozen letters first, though.

⋆☾ ゚。⋆

"...and that's why Alec was here, and how I have my hand back. Ta-da!"

She waved her reinstated hand in front of her family members' faces, a skeptical smile that could be perceived as a grimace on her pale face as she awaited for their reactions.

Emmett was the first one to really say, or do, anything in response. "The witch twin was here and you thought to tell us now?"

"Feels like you're skipping over the part where I just gave myself my hand back, Em."

Augustine just wrapped up her explanation of the day she'd had thus far, including her trip to the reservation that led her home, exactly where Alec Volturi had been waiting to speak to her. Of course, she opted out of mentioning the part where she had blacked out to the others, but she was just lucky that Edward was at Bella's. He couldn't probe through her mind from that far away, right?

Emmett only grumbled in response. He went to say something before Carlisle interrupted him from his spot leaning against the doorway. "Did he say anything else? Ask any questions related to Bella's transition?" he asked, wanting to cover all their bases. The Volturi rarely ever admitted what they were truly after, and they couldn't be trusted— that much was evident as of late.

Augustine shook her head. "No, he was just pissy I haven't been responding to his letters."

"What letters?" Emmett asked, glancing around the room. Based on everyone's lack of reaction, they'd all figured it out eventually: Alice had seen a vision and then told Jasper, Esme put the pieces together when the boxes of puzzles kept rolling in, hence the reason why Carlisle knew, and Rosalie was Rosalie— she'd known the entire time. However, they all trusted Augustine, trusted that she knew what she was doing... and Emmett would've torn them to shreds before they even made it to the post office. "You guys, what letters?"

"August's been exchanging letters with Alec, since Volterra. She stopped just before the battle."

Emmett's eyes were nearly bulged out of his head. "Since Volterra? That was months ago!" he gasped, eyes flickering around to the others before settling back onto Augustine's sheepish figure. "And you didn't tell me?"

"I didn't tell anyone," she clarified. "Everyone's just too nosy, or clairvoyant." That last sentence was aimed at Alice, who sat next to Jasper with her hands in the air defensively— though she wore a teasing grin.

The clairvoyant herself jumped up from her seat, taking the younger girl into her arms and pointedly clasped her right hand in her own. "This is great news, August!" she exclaimed, a wild look in her amber eyes. "We should celebrate!"

Augustine looked at the pixie girl before her with a bemused expression, as Emmett's groan radiated throughout the room. "I vote for no celebrating— can we pause and talk about how she's been chatting it up with Alec?" he said, hands thrown in the air as he huffed. "He's a boy, a scheming little twerp of a boy."

"You're mad because he's a boy, and not because he's a member of the Volturi guard?" Rosalie questioned him, eyes narrowed in her mate's direction as she tried to find the logic in his reasoning.

"Yes!" was his instantaneous reply, turning his gaze to the ravenette. "And don't even get me started on your excursion to their territory today, because—"

"You're such an oaf, holy cr—"

Carlisle clapped his hands together. "Okay," he interjected, trying to calm his now rowdy children. "It's been quite the day for us all, so why don't we—"

"For some of us more than others—"

Augustine growled at that, though there was minimal heat behind it. "Alec's irrelevant, Emmett," she reassured him, leaning into Alice's space a little. "And Paul's... Paul."

His eyebrow quirked up at that last part, still very much a Paul-hater, despite the fact that he'd stopped the stray newborn during the battle from ripping off more than just her hand. "Oh, is he?" he retorted, voice dripping in sarcasm. "He's literally a—"

"Emmett," it was Rosalie who got his attention, a knowing look on her face as she pulled him to stand upright. Patting his chest, she continued, "let's take a walk, big guy."

Emmett was mumbling away petulantly, like a big child, when Alice took both of Augustine's hands in her own. "Tomorrow, a girls shopping trip?" she proposed, lightning smile on her face. "Port Angeles? You've never been yet."

Augustine knew Emmett would get over it, would eventually push his protective big brother nature aside, so she nodded. "Pencil me in, Ali."

⋆☾ ゚。⋆

The next day came in a flash, the sun rising at the same time Augustine received a text from Paul. It was a simple good morning message, paired with a singular smiley-face emoji, and it was the first text of this nature she had ever received. She sent back a message of her own, but made sure to add two smiley-faces; while she may have tolerated Paul (aka, she liked him), she would always take the chance to one-up him.

The shopping trip between the girls, with the addition of a stowaway in the form of Bella Swan in the back seat, ensued without casualty. Augustine couldn't believe that she'd been living in Forks for just shy of two years, and still hadn't been to Port Angeles until now.

The boutiques were quaint, and they'd even stopped at this small bookstore that displayed their second-hand Harry Potter collection in the window. Though she certainly didn't need anymore, for she had them all at this point, it didn't hurt to look.

While they were in the bookstore, however, Augustine took it as her opportunity to slither up to Bella with a cheeky smirk on her face. "So, my dearest future sister-in-law," she started, seeing the playful eye roll that Bella tossed her way. "You excited about your end of summer wedding?"

Bella nodded, a slight flush rising onto her cheeks. "Yeah, totally."

The ravenette leaned against the bookshelf they were standing next to. "Geez, don't sound too excited, Bells," she joked, immediately combining it with a laugh to ensure the already anxious-prone human that she was kidding.

"I am— really!" Bella reassured her. "It's just, I'm getting married, y'know?"

Married and becoming a vampire, Augustine wanted to add, but promptly kept her mouth shut. Rather, she shook her head in understanding. "It's definitely a big change," she opted to say instead. "But my brother loves you, the rest of us love you."

Bella winced. "Except Rosalie," she added, "but she's getting there... I think."

"She definitely is," Augustine assured her, knowing that although Bella was far from the blonde's favourite, she was at least trying to get along with her now. "On the bright side, you'll officially be the youngest vamp in the family!"

The human girl merely shook her head with a soft bark of laughter. "On paper, sure, but you'll always be the baby of the family," she reminded the girl.

Augustine shrugged. "Helps me get away with a lot."

"A lot, as in, getting away with writing love letters to Alec?" she quipped, putting a book back on the shelf that had been resting in her grip.

"Who told you that?" she asked, almost immediately, before scoffing out an, "and they were most certainly not love letters, Isabella."

"My fiancé told me," was her simple admission.

And despite that revelation, Augustine couldn't help but smile when she said his name. "Fair enough, I guess... you sure you wanna marry into such a nosy damn family?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way, actually," she said, almost wistfully. There was a beat of silence before she asked the girl next to her a question, Alice approaching the tire after veering into a boutique across the road while the other two looked at books. "Would you wanna bring Paul as your plus one?"

Augustine shrugged. "Don't know if it's his thing," she told the older girl, "there's gonna be a lot of vampires around, and pale faces from school..."

Bella grasped her shoulder and gave it a small squeeze, making the ravenette avert her gaze to the human's. "Wouldn't hurt to ask him," she responded. "I think he'd say yes."

"And you know this because you guys talk, loosely, right?" Augustine would never let that go.

"Just invite him, August— before I do it on your behalf."

"You wouldn't."

"Oh, I would."

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

[ wyn's note ]

wonder why auggie gets exhausted when she uses her powers.... hmmmm..... LOL

also bella being paul and aug's number one shipper is just a self insert at this point. like hello i love my lovebirds sm

once again, i'm on my updatey grind when i should be studying for my final exams haha! hope you guys enjoyed this one— there'll be a bit of a time jump in the next one as we come into breaking dawn! :)

all love xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

806K 21K 25
𝑬𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒄 || ❝Now that he was seeing her face to face, she was an angel in his perspective. She was the epitome of innocence in his mind, an...
3.1M 94.3K 59
❝ 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗜𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗔 𝗙𝗔𝗜𝗥𝗬𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗘- 𝗜𝗠 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗔 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗪𝗔𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗢 𝗕𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗖𝗨𝗘𝗗 𝗕𝗬 𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗨�...
8.6K 386 13
forgive, but never forget embry call x fem!oc book i. of the clair du lune series post breaking dawn au lovely cover by -novxscomet © 𝖆𝖉𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖉𝖎�...
480K 12.6K 27
Elizabeth Scott was an enigma and Paul Lahote was mesmerized by her existence. • There's a trailer video for the book that I made in the preface chap...