A New Light (Teen Titans x Ma...

By AngrySwan

Under Batman's guidance, Y/n was reborn as Falcon, alongside Dick's Robin. They thrived as Gotham's protector... More

Bio
Girls
Jump City
Lean Green Fighting Machine
Family Buisness
First Day
First Day Pt2
Night Out in the City
God Damn Moths
God Damn Moths Pt1.5
Football and Cheerleaders

Jump on the City

416 27 10
By AngrySwan

Two days had passed since their run-in with Ravager and Lady Victim, and the trail had only grown colder. Y/n and Dick had been relentless in their search for any leads on H.I.V.E., to no avail. Now, an attack on the transport vehicle supposedly securing Lady Victim suggested Ravager's handiwork, complicating matters further.

In their motel room, Y/n was hunched over his laptop, which was linked to the Batcomputer, scouring databases for any hint of H.I.V.E.'s existence. Yet, every query returned void, as if the organization was a ghost, leaving no digital footprint whatsoever.

The morning sun filtered through the curtains, casting warm beams across Y/n's back. He yawned, the heat inviting the thought of a brief nap. Just as he considered resting his head against the cool surface of the desk, the door swung open.

Dick entered, his arms laden with fresh towels. "Find anything?" he asked, hopeful.

"Not yet," Y/n murmured, resigning himself to a moment of rest, his eyes fluttering shut.

"It's been two days, and still nothing," Dick lamented, dropping onto the bed with a frustrated sigh. "What can we do differently?"

He turned his head towards Y/n, expecting a response, only to find him already asleep at the desk. Watching him, Dick couldn't help but mutter, "A nap might not be so bad," before the exhaustion of the past 48 hours claimed him too, and he drifted off to sleep.

____________
A New Light
________________

Y/n and Dick strolled through Jump City under a high sun, enjoying a rare moment of respite. A gentle breeze wafted through the streets, providing a brief reprieve from the warmth. Around them, the city buzzed with life; teens lounged in coffee shops, and the aroma of freshly prepared food filled the air from nearby cafes.

"This city's nice," Dick remarked, his gaze wandering appreciatively over the vibrant scene.

"You're telling me," Y/n agreed, his attention caught by a bronze statue of a Jump City baseball player captured in mid-swing. "I still can't believe a place like this exists so close to Gotham. You'd think Gotham's bad vibes would've rubbed off here."

"Do you think Bruce will manage to track us down? We kinda just bolted," Dick mused, a hint of concern threading his voice.

"He's Batman. Of course, he'll find us eventually. Plus, I bet the school's been calling to report our absences," Y/n replied with a shrug, seeming unconcerned.

"Let's try to figure out this H.I.V.E. situation before he decides to make an appearance," Dick suggested, his tone determined. Just then, his stomach growled loudly. "But maybe we should grab some food first."

___

Dick and Y/n found themselves in a bustling smoothie shop that doubled as a wrap joint, its popularity evident from the crowd of teens inside on a Saturday. The air was fragrant with the distinct aromas of fresh fruits—strawberry, orange, pineapple—each scent distinct and invigorating.

"You know, I still can't wrap my head around your preference for mango over strawberry in smoothies. It's like you're a stranger," Dick teased as they waited in line.

"Mango just has more personality, you know? Strawberry is a little too... ordinary for my taste," Y/n countered with a nonchalant shrug.

"Ordinary? Strawberry is classic. There's a reason it's a top-tier flavor," Dick argued with a playful scoff. "Anyway, did you check out the updated tactical gear files from Bruce? That new grappling hook has a quick-release mechanism now."

"Yeah, I saw that. It's definitely going to improve deployment speed. But what really caught my eye was the updated fiber material. It's nearly as durable as the stuff they use in aerospace. That's game-changing," Y/n replied, his interest piqued.

Dick and Y/n reached the front of the line in the bustling smoothie shop, where a conspicuously green-skinned young man was taking orders. Y/n leaned closer to Dick and whispered, "Why is he green?"

"Don't know why you're asking me," Dick replied with a shrug, just as the green boy cleared his throat noticeably.

"You know, if you're gonna talk about me, the least you could do is ask my name," the boy said with a grin, making light of the situation.

Caught slightly off guard, Dick quickly glanced at the name tag on the boy's uniform. "Right, uh, Garfield. Sorry about that," he apologized.

"Ah, don't sweat it. I'm just messing with you. I'd wonder about green skin too," Garfield chuckled. "So, what can I get for you guys today?"

"I'll take a mango lemonade smoothie," Y/n ordered, deciding quickly.

"And I'll have a strawberry smoothie," Dick added, as he pulled out his wallet and handed over a few bills.

"Got it, I'll have those ready for you in just a bit," Garfield said, punching in their orders.

After paying, Dick and Y/n found themselves a table, settling in to enjoy their smoothies and the lively atmosphere of the shop.

Dick leaned in closer over the table, his voice lowered to a discreet murmur as he discussed their current dilemma.

"So, what's the deal with this H.I.V.E. group? We know they've got Ravager and Lady Vic, but that's about it," Dick said, glancing around to ensure their conversation remained private.

"Yeah, not much to go on. Seems like they're willing to pay top dollar for talent, though. That says a lot about their resources," Y/n replied, his expression serious.

"Right. Recruiting those two isn't cheap or easy. Ravager doesn't strike me as someone who'd take orders unless there's a good reason—or a good paycheck," Dick mused, stroking his chin thoughtfully.

"Exactly. And from what we saw, they're not just hiring muscle. They've got a plan, and it's not just petty crime," Y/n added, his tone laced with concern.

"Have we got anything on their endgame? Any leads on what they might be after?" Dick leaned forward, his brows furrowed.

"Nothing concrete. Just bits and pieces. Seems like every time we catch a break, they're two steps ahead. It's frustrating," Y/n admitted, shaking his head slightly.

"We need to dig deeper, maybe get some surveillance on places they've hit before. Could give us a pattern, something to predict their next move," Dick suggested, tapping his finger on the table.

"Agreed. For now, we keep our eyes open and gather what we can. And maybe push a little harder on the street level. Someone must know something," Y/n concluded, looking determined.

"Sounds like a plan. Let's just hope we get to them before they get to whatever they're after," Dick said, just as their conversation was interrupted by Garfield's voice calling out from the counter.

"Mango lemonade and strawberry smoothie!" Garfield announced, waving their orders in the air from across the shop.

"Finally. Nothing could ruin this smoothie," Y/n remarked with a grin, the two standing to retrieve their drinks. But just as they moved, the wall behind the counter exploded inward, sending a cloud of dust and debris swirling through the air.

Y/n coughed and frantically waved his hand, trying to clear the thickening dust. As the haze settled, he spotted a massive figure holding Garfield aloft by his torso.

Below, splattered on the floor, was Y/n's once-anticipated smoothie. "Whoa, dude, you're built like a mammoth. Now if you could put me down, that'd be great," Garfield quipped, surprisingly calm given his predicament.

"Jesus, Baran. Did you really have to break through the wall like that?" a female voice chided as another figure stepped through the new hole in the wall.

"You know I get tired of waiting, Selinda," the giant—Mammoth—replied in a deep rumble.

"Hey, dipshit, I told you not to use my real name. It's Shimmer when we're out doing this," the woman—Shimmer—snapped back.

"If all you're going to do is talk, then go home," Mammoth retorted, unimpressed.

Garfield poked Mammoth's arm, still dangling in the air. "If you two are done arguing, could you let me down?" he requested.

"No. You're coming with us, pipsqueak," Mammoth declared, tightening his grip as he prepared to leave with his captive.

"Then I won't feel bad for what's about to happen," Garfield said coolly, just before transforming into a gorilla. With a powerful swing, he punched Mammoth, sending the giant crashing through the wall and out into the street.

Garfield didn't hesitate; he charged after Mammoth, with Shimmer hot on his heels. Y/n, staring mournfully at the wreckage of his mango lemonade smoothie on the floor, sighed, "My smoothie."

"There goes our time off," Dick remarked, as the chaos spilled outside.

While the crowd's attention turned to the unfolding battle, Y/n discreetly pulled out his domino mask from his pocket and slipped it on. He then retrieved his utility belt hidden under his sweater, strapping it securely around his waist.

"You have your utility belt on you?" Dick asked, a hint of surprise in his voice.

"You don't?" Y/n responded, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course, I...I forgot it," Dick admitted sheepishly, pulling on his mask.

"Pfft, dumbass. That was like the first thing Bruce taught us," Y/n chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah, come on. Maybe these guys are connected to H.I.V.E. too," Dick said, trying to refocus.

"Let's hope. Those fucks owe me a smoothie," Y/n muttered as they prepared to join the fray, their brief break clearly over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.1K 1.9K 62
Robin (Dick Grayson) is in a mood when Father's Day hits. The Teen Titans don't know that he ran away from Batman after a fight that they had and nev...
5.7K 149 24
⚠︎ Trigger Warning ⚠︎ Book contains mentions of abuse and suicide. • • • "You know I love you, right?" "Then show me." •-✽-✽-✽-• Paige Montgomery, th...
32.7K 713 21
After having a strange and cruel nightmare, Damian Wayne felt more violent and vengeful and not himself. The other Titans got suspicious and thinking...
405 10 10
New heroes have risen in the absence of the old. A new threat heads for Earth and Nightwing will have to build a team to protect the world. Will he b...