𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐬 // 𝐌𝐇𝐀

By genvivvx

❝ Did we just die...? ❞ ❝ I guess? ❞ ೄྀ࿐ In which two high school students reincarnate into the world of MHA... More

𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎 + 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
1: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐆𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲, 𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐈?
2: 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞
3: 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐞
5: 𝐀 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠
6: 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐔𝐩 𝐌𝐲 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐄𝐥𝐬𝐞
7: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐬

4: 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

3 0 0
By genvivvx

LEGEND - Languages
╰┈➤ Japanese: normal text
╰┈➤ English: italicized text
╰┈➤ Tagalog/Filipino: bold text

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

Shouta sat in between his loudmouth friends as they awaited the arrival of the two strange girls they encountered yesterday. And honestly? Did he think this was a good idea?

Not one bit.

Could he convince his friends otherwise?

Of course not.

So there he sat, waiting for something he hoped he wouldn't dread in the future.

"I could be in bed right now." He grumbled, shrinking down onto the sofa they shared.

Oboro only beamed at him, "Aw that's no fun! Come on, lighten up! I'm sure they'll be here aaaanytime now,"

'For someone who invited a couple of strangers he seemed pretty optimistic,' Shouta thought. He watched as Oboro scanned the cafe. At the moment, it was fairly empty.

Only two tables were occupied: One by them, and another by a lovely girl who seemed to be going through her notes. Given how often the three had seen her in the same seat, it was safe to assume that she was a regular at the cafe. "There she is again," Oboro would mention every now and then.

Other than those few times, there was nothing much to take note of.

Suddenly, the cafe door swung open, quickly catching Shouta's attention. When two new customers walked in, Oboro rose to his feet and started waving his arm while Hizashi shifted comfortably in his seat. Keia and Hime had arrived.

As they made their way towards the table, Oboro greeted them, "Hey! You guys made it!"

"Yo and would you look at that," Hizashi snickered jokingly, "In dry and clean clothes too!"

Hime whirled to face Keia in an instant, "Oh yeah, that reminds me, how'd it go with the blood stains back home?"

Her friend averted her gaze, "Let's not talk about it, yeah?"

After sharing a laugh (not including Shouta), the girls took their seats on the opposite couch. After adding some additional orders for the two, the discussion began.

Shouta hoped his friends knew what to do if things went south.

° ° °

"So about yesterday..." Keia started. She occasionally stole glances from Hime, but that proved useless as she was too busy scarfing down the food on her plate.

'What you get when your friend doesn't eat breakfast 😒'

Keia took a deep breath and clasped her hands together, "To get things straight, we can't really tell you anything about what happened yesterday..."

Shouta immediately frowned at this, "What do you mean you can't?"

At his question, Keia lightly nudged Hime with her elbow. As a result, she immediately put her sandwich down and cleared her throat, "What we're trying to say is we can't tell you anything yet,"

Normally, the other two would be yapping like puppies but Shouta was surprised to see that they were both eagerly listening to what they had to say. Shouta raised a brow, urging them to continue.

"Hime and I decided that it would be best if we waited until we were ready to talk about what happened," Keia explained in a more sincere tone, "Honestly, even now we're still trying to process it all. So, we hope you could wait until then,"

The silence that ensued after was deafening, to say the least.

"We promise it doesn't involve anything villain related-" Hime coughed.

Shouta narrowed his eyes while Hizashi blinked. This was going to be one hell of a day.

° ° °

"All I'm trying to say is, if it's nothing dangerous, then why can't you tell us?" Shouta says, trying his hardest to hide his annoyance but is unable to control the rising volume of his voice.

"Do you not know the meaning of personal?!?" Keia retorts, not even caring to hide her aggression towards the boy. "What if I ask you why your parents are never home huh?!?!"

"I- How did you even-" Shouta falters.

"Of course, you wouldn't tell me BECAUSE WE'RE NOT CLOSE. OKAY?" Keia all but huffs in annoyance.

This successfully silences the boy and ends their spat but it also means that the tension surrounding the table was thick enough to choke the others beside the two.

..."QUIRKS-!"

Everyone flinched at Hizashi's sudden outburst. Both his palms slammed down onto the table in an attempt to break the tension. Beneath his tinted glasses, he glanced over at Oboro who instantly got the message.

"That's right!" He snapped his fingers, "Your quirks!" Although he masked it well, Hime could see the relief in his eyes.

Left without much of a choice, Shouta leaned back against his seat and let them take over the conversation.

"What about them?" Hime tilted her head, equally thankful that the subject had changed.

"Well, what are they?"

Keia and Hime shared a look.

"Wanna find out?"

° ° °

"Right, do you even know what the hell your quirk is?!" Hime whisper-yelled before peeking over her shoulder. To her relief, the trio behind them took no notice and continued to follow while chatting amongst themselves.

"I kinda figured it out yesterday...?" Keia trailed off quietly.

A subtle frown settled on Hime's face, "Wait seriously?

"Sort of? I mean it worked and since we're under the same circumstances I'm assuming it'll work for you too-"

"Well, what exactly do I have to do?"

"Think long and hard about what you want your quirk to be while we're not at my house yet-" Shrugged Keia.

Afterward, there was a short pause before Hime mumbled again, "And if it doesn't work?"

"I left the window open and the drop from the second floor doesn't seem too bad-"

"WHAT THE FUCK 😭"

"I'm kidding," Keia snickered lightly, "If it backfires, the best excuse we have is telling them that you don't have complete control over your quirk yet,"

Hime nodded along to her friend's words before muttering to herself, "I just know I'll be forever thankful for Aizawa's patience," Left without much of a choice, she ended up stuck in her head for the rest of the walk.

Hopefully, that was enough time to think about a quirk that would define her for the rest of her second life.

° ° °

"My parents won't be home for a while, so we can take the living room for now," Keia said, letting everyone else inside the house.

"Eh-? You won't damage anything in here with your quirks right?" Hizashi questioned.

"Haha no not at all... right?" She trailed off before eyeing Hime, the last person to enter the place.

"Y-yeah," Hime sweatdropped. At least she hoped she wouldn't damage anything. Luckily, Keia dropped the secret exchange and headed towards them.

"Well then," Keia says menacingly while tapping the shoulders of the other four. "Kneel."

Suddenly, they all dropped to their knees, unable to resist the heavy weight of gravity.

"W-what, what is this?!" Hime and Hizashi scream.

"Basically, I can manipulate the gravity of anything that I touch. I can make things heavier by increasing their gravity," she says as she points to them. "And make things float by decreasing their gravity," she says, now making them float.

All of a sudden, the four dropped back to the floor. "Oh, but I can only do it for like 30 seconds right now." Keia shrugs.

Shouta stands and walks over to her, quirk activated, hair floating, revealing his red eyes. "Do not do that to me ever again."

Keia smiles, "Of course, it was just a logical ruse to show you guys my quirk."

"COULDN'T YOU HAVE DONE IT ANOTHER WAY?" Oboro sobs.

"Yes, but this was more fun," Keia says cheekily. "I won't do it again I promise," she says while putting her hands up beside her head.

"You better not. I WAS SO SCARED!" Hime exclaims.

"Moving on. What's yours?" Shouta asks Hime, quirk now turned off, breaking the tension.

With a short glance at Keia and a deep breath to calm herself, Hime convinced herself it wasn't going to be a big deal. Especially since once she activated her quirk, they wouldn't be able to see how nervous she was. Literally.

Within a split second, Hime suddenly disappeared. Even Keia was confused.

"Uh, Hime?" Oboro frowned, looking around.

"Yeah?" Hime's voice came from behind Hizashi and Oboro, making the two flinch.

"WHAT THE HELL-" Hizashi shrieked and clung onto Shouta, "YOU'RE INVISIBLE??"

"AGAIN, COULDN'T YOU HAVE DONE IT ANOTHER WAY?!" Cried Oboro. Though he couldn't see it, Hime sent him an apologetic smile from behind.

Beside him, Shouta was still trying to pry Hizashi off with a straight face, causing Keia to snicker quietly.

"Sorry," Hime chuckled, voice now coming from behind Shouta, "My invisibility doesn't last very long, so you don't need to worry about me pulling any pranks. Well, not yet at least,"

"How do you turn back then?" Oboro tilted his head.

"Oh- either my time runs out or-" She tapped her finger on Hizashi's cheek to demonstrate. Upon contact, Hime began to reappear immediately, "I come into physical contact with someone," She finished.

"WOAH, COOL!!"

"Hizashi, get off me."

"WHoops- my bad man-"

With Hizashi climbing off of Shouta in the background, Hime turned to the remaining two with a slight smile.

"That's about all I can do," She admitted, "I also have the ability to create hallucinations, but I can't use it simultaneously with invisibility yet. Plus, my hallucinations are still far from convincing,"

Oboro placed his fingers under his chin and nodded vigorously, "Well with a little more training I bet it'll get easier to manage! That goes for you too Keia!" Paired with his positive feedback, Hizashi showed her a thumbs up and a wide smile.

Shouta watched from behind as his friends tended to Keia and Hime. The truth was, he was silently relieved to know that the girls had yet to properly control their quirks. Their current lack of power only reassured him that they weren't at all that dangerous.

He let out a quiet sigh.

"-but hey, I gotta say, that's pretty impressive! You know, for someone who hasn't fully trained their quirks yet." Oboro was saying, "At least you guys are aware of your abilities' limitations,"

'Yeah no shit, we made them up ourselves-' Keia thought silently.

Suddenly, a loud suggestion came from Hizashi. "YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE REALLY COOL?! IF YOU GUYS TRAINED WITH US!"

Shouta's relief instantly flew out the window.

As if it couldn't get any worse, Oboro's face brightened up immediately at the suggestion, "HEY THAT'S A GREAT IDEA! ESPECIALLY SINCE WE'LL NEED THAT EXTRA TRAINING!" He quickly turned to the girls, nearly startling them both, "Before you know it, you'll be just as strong!"

"YEAH!" Hizashi pumped his fist into the air, "MAYBE YOU GUYS COULD EVEN TAKE THE EXAM WITH US!"

"Now hold on," Everyone turned their attention to Shouta who looked absolutely done with life, "Before you idiots get ahead of yourselves, do you even know what you're suggesting?"

The room grew silent and Hime noticed Keia's gaze darken slightly.

"Come on, what's wrong with having an additional pair?" Oboro shrugged casually.

'You mean besides the fact we met them yesterday?' deadpanned Shouta.

"Correction: you'll be training them before you get to train with them." He argued, "You said it yourself, they haven't properly practiced their quirks yet. Do you really think you can handle training them both and yourself in time for the exam?"

"But it won't be just me-! I have Hizashi to help, and you!"

"Me?" Shouta raised his brows.

"Yeah, you!"

"Hell no."

"COME ON, PLEAAASEEE??" Oboro put his hands together. Behind him, Hizashi was doing the same thing out of genuine intention and amusement. But even so, their plea only got them a look of disapproval from their stubborn friend.

"What if you give us a month?"

The trio turned their heads in unison and met Hime's innocent gaze. Even Shouta who looked done with the conversation had some interest in what she had to say.

"If this exam of yours doesn't take place too soon, then we can train with you for a month. Regardless if the training helps us or not, we'll leave you guys alone after so you can focus on your training."

"Wait wait wait-" The loud blond waved his hand around before gaping at her, "You're actually going to take the exam?"

Hizashi didn't mean for them to take his words seriously at all. He only really said it in hopes of boosting the newbies' morale. By the looks of it, his tactics worked a little too well.

"I mean... I don't see why not," Added Keia. She shifted her gaze over to Hime and shrugged, "It's not like we have anything to lose,"

With that, Hime placed her hands on her hips and faced the trio expectantly, "Well?"

Much to the girls' amusement, Oboro and Hizashi whipped their heads toward Shouta as if seeking his permission. Keia almost snickered at the situation he was in.

After a few minutes, Shouta averted his gaze and sighed deeply. He had no choice but to give in, "Fine."

Before his friends could begin to celebrate, he cut them off by taking a few steps forward to speak with Hime and Keia. What he was about to say was something they were vaguely familiar with.

"The UA entrance exam is divided into two parts: a written and practical exam which takes place mid-March. Now since you'll be taking the exam, you'll not only have to train harder, but you'll also have to study twice as hard,"

As Shouta continued to explain the exam in detail, Keia and Hime gradually started to feel more and more motivated. Respawning in a fictional world was one thing, but actually being given a chance to attend UA? At this point, they'd have to be part of the plot. They couldn't mess this up.

"Well, that settles it then!" Oboro cheered once Shouta's speech came to an end, "Let's make sure that all five of us pass alright?"

"Four."

"Huh?"

Shouta blinked, "I already passed."

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

Author's Note: 

For anyone confused, Shouta passed the UA recommendation entrance exam which is why he doesn't have to go through the typical entrance exam with the others. That is all enjoyyy //

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 111 13
Every One Shot Idea I get for My Hero Stories will be put here, as I will not make a Full Story of these
3.1K 37 33
DISCLAIMER *If you are offended by swearing, gore, and violence do not read/report the story or comments. It is not fair to me or the other readers.*...
2.8K 29 5
Erasermic oneshots and short stories for your entertainment :)
507 0 20
Touya Todoroki. Reiki Anluan. Two young kids that never experienced love. Their paths cross once when Reiki is at her worst. Then, without a word to...