The Creator's Past | AnotherW...

Von Felicia_IreneRoesia

[ Another World: Original Story ] {{HEAVY EDITING}} Felicia, a creator who sought to escape her past, constru... Mehr

[Important] Another World Introduction
AnotherWorld: ORIGINAL
Character Reference Sheet
Prologue - A Night Out
Chapter 2 - The Encounter
Chapter 3 - Curiosity
Chapter 4 - The Meeting
Chapter 5 - Alliance
Chapter 5.1 - Oblivious
Chapter 6 - Comfort
Chapter 6.1 - Dinner Time
Chapter 7 - Relentless Decision
Chapter 7.1 - Stepping Out?
Chapter 7.2 - Lonely Town
Chapter 8 - 500 years
Chapter 9 - Stumble Upon
Chapter 10 - Past Times
Chapter 10.1- Creator's Life
Chapter 11 - The Battle
Chapter 12 - Rematch
Chapter 13 - Weaker Than Ever
Chapter 14 - Consideration
Chapter 15 - Teleknesis Controls
Chapter 16 - Guarantee
Chapter 17 - The Containing One
Chapter 18 - Life is a lie
Chapter 19 - The Evil Healer
Chapter 20 - Consolation of Being
Chapter 21 - Halwa Woods
Chapter 22 - The Traveler Himself
Chapter 23 - Fire Resistance
Chapter 24 - Help Wanted
Chapter 25 - A Welcoming Society
Chapter 26 - Favour Asking
Chapter 27 - First Assumptions
Chapter 28 - Regret or Satisfaction
Chapter 29 - Worse Than Evil
Chapter 30 - Seeking Reconnaissance
Chapter 31 - Eternal Afiat
Chapter 32 - A Creator's Lost
Chapter 33 - Cursed
Chapter 34 - Arrogance's Fool
Chapter 35 - Restrain
Chapter 36 - Death to the Creator
Chapter 37 - Escape
Chapter 38 - Reap, Monster.
Chapter 39 - Untrustworthy
Chapter 40 - Drunken Cat
Chapter 41 - Cycle Of Corrupt
Chapter 42 - Respectful Woman
Chapter 43 - Ice Lad
Chapter 44 - Nuisances
Chapter 45 - Do No Good
Chapter 46 - Simplicity
Chapter 47 - Lightning
Chapter 48 - Met Again
Chapter 49 - Find The Solution
Chapter 50 - Old Friend's Visits
Chapter 51 - A Talk Over Tea
Chapter 52 - Troublesome Friend
Chapter 53 - Jealously Rivals
Chapter 54 - Nightmarish Dream
Chapter 55 - Where It All Begin
Chapter 57 - Communication is the Key
Chapter 58 - Salvatore
Chapter 59 - Love You Like That
Chapter 60 - Separatable Bond
Chapter 61 - Greetings, Friend?
Chapter 62 - The Swordmen
Chapter 63 - The End to All
Chapter 64 - Can't Bring Back
Chapter 65 - Chyahmina
Chapter 66 - The Curse
Chapter 67 - Never Death Do Us Part
Chapter 68 - Monstrosity
Chapter 69 - Short-lived

Chapter 56 - Banishment

4 0 0
Von Felicia_IreneRoesia

In the used-to-be crowded arena, where battles used to occur for bets, where immortals fight for fun, where only entertainment was its tradition.

Today, it wasn't all that.

Today, it was a banishment of an immortal.

Without the brimming crowds, the seats were empty. The ring was circled with armored guards in gold and silver, ready to take action if the healer went to an escape.

"Kneel, peasant!" Shouted one of the guards as his armored feet kicked the purple-haired woman, causing her to tumble to the cold tiles.

Naomi barely managed to get on her knees with her arms cuffed behind her back, her long hair was a messy cascade down around her fair face. Her eyes flitted nervously upwards, towards the stands where the CEO observed her with her striking heterochromic eyes.

With a look of disdain upon her face, Naomi viewed the Sage above her, like a common peasant on the arena floor. The healer knew well enough, her banishment was for the CEO to not lose control of her powers.

She was afraid.

"You will never understand what I've achieved." The healer began, spatting words as she jutted her chin up. The spotlight illuminated her purple hair, casting a shimmering glow as she kept her eyes locked on the sage.

"Achieved to threaten your kind? Where is the pride in that?" Sylvia let out a chuckle, but her facial expression revealed a sense of disgust and disappointment towards the healer.

"You're afraid to lose power."

"Choose your words wisely."

The bickering arena was a symphony of raised voices, where Naomi's words roared with emotion, and Sylvia replied with a calm counterpoint.

"You're selfish. You didn't think about your work's effects on society, how much chaos you would occur." She rolled her eyes.

"You broke the rules, you started a rebellious act. You changed the way of life of Immortals!" She raised her voice. "Not to mention there are people who stupidly follow your act." Her silk palm was brought to her forehead, facepalming in distress. Sylvia knew she would deal with the rest rebels later.

"They follow me because they saw the truth!" Her words were like a knife in his chest, tears forming in her eyes not with sadness, but raging anger.

"And what is the truth?" The heterochromia eyes focused sharply on the healer. Their distance was close yet so far, with the sage at the stands and the healer on the floor. As if they were silencing sending daggers and missiles in speech.

"That this nature is not fair! Allegedly chosen for a second chance but it's even worse! You, higher-ups, feel nothing like us low-ranks!"

"You're being rebellious," Sylvia warned. "Ungrateful."

Amethyst eyes narrowed. "So that's why you made the rules? No rebellions? Because you're afraid people see the truth like I did?!"

"Silence!" Sylvia's grip on the railing tightened as she lurched forward and her glittery hair swayed back, her voice turned raspy and echoed through the arena. She yelled with all the force she could muster. The pink ribbon on her slim arm started to sway, her marks glowing. But the wise Sage knew best to remain calm as she recognized the power of maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.

Naomi couldn't resist the feeling of triumph that washed over her when she realized she had struck a nerve on the CEO. A small smile crept onto her face as she thought she was right and her sleepless night didn't really go to waste. The sage wouldn't harm her physically, she needed to remain divine in the eyes of her people. Otherwise, she knew well enough to lose power. 

The exile was set in an empty arena for a reason.

"You got it all wrong." A familiar voice came from the balcony, behind the CEO. Naomi's pure euphoria had washed off as she finally rested her eyes on the person who belonged to the deep, velvety tone.

Felicia walked out to make herself visible from the darkness behind her,  sunset eyes narrowing down at the kneeled healer as she placed a hand on Sylvia's shoulder. She had her formal duty outfit for this ceremony, the white jacket, and vest with the fitted ribbon.

Naomi's heart seemed to crack, a small crack on the edge of her emotions. Why was Felicia there with the CEO? Was she on her side? No, that couldn't be, could it? She and Naomi had always been like sisters, with Felicia always looking out for her. Surely, Felicia must have come to help her, right? Her eyes must be deceiving, right?

"Felicity? Please tell them that I was right. You saw it!" Begged Naomi.

"No." One word breaks all.

"Huh?" The healer wished that it was the opposite, she wished the creator said the opposite. "What are you doing?" She whispered, the tears already streaking down her face.

"Tell them what, exactly?" Head fixated on the healer, tilting in a disbelieving manner. "You used my ability, my power of creation as a sample for your potions?" The creator's voice rang out through the arena, unhindered by her lack of volume.

"Felicity I-"

"Without my consent?!" Her lips curled, and her eyes glimmered with angry fire, her voice harsh and biting. "I've told you to stop!"

Naomi felt a sharp pang in her chest as she reflected on her words. She had acted thoughtlessly, failing to consider how her best friend would feel. Her preoccupation with work had caused her to neglect the boundaries, boundaries of their friendship. Her mind flashed back to the moments when Felicia told her to not get worked up, but she didn't listen. She should've listened.

"Felicity, I'm sorry-" The healer choked on her words, trying to apologize.

"Why haven't you considered my feelings?! Do you even care?! What will happen when the Potion of Creation is made and everyone is fighting over it? They won't see your other options. All they want is this creation!" Felicia erupted, scolding the purple-haired girl with her wrath. "They want my powers! And what do you think would happen to me?! What is my purpose after that?!"

Tears soaking on her kimono robe, her cuffed hands couldn't wipe them away. "I'm sorry... Please... Give me a second chance." She looked up to her, helplessly begging to be redeemed.

Hearing her apology gave her a thought. 

Felicia's heart went out to her assistant, who was more than that - they were close friends. Despite her desire to help, Felicia hesitated, knowing that repeating her assistant's work could have unintended consequences. The last thing she wanted was to inadvertently cause more harm than good. She was torn between two decisions.

"There is no second chance." Sylvia sneered. "You've already broken the rules. You're a threat."

"Felicia, please! I regret it! I'll throw away my work! I get rid of the samples I swear!" Naomi cried as the guards grabbed her to stand. She didn't bother to give her attention to the CEO or the guards, all she cared for was Felicia to be her savior. "Let go of me!" She yelled as she tried to escape the guards' harsh grip on her arms,

As Felicia's gaze fell upon the scene before her, golden eyes widened in surprise and concern. The trouble healer waiting for her exhilaration in distress. Her words tugged at Felicia's heartstrings.

 Despite feeling apprehensive, Felicia knew she had to help her. The sight of Naomi's fragile state filled Felicia with guilt and doubt. Did she misjudge her actions? Was there more to this, behind her works? Will she ever see from a different perspective?

Felicia took a step forward, trying to ease the tense situation. Despite her prideful heart, she knew this was wrong. "Naomi I-"

"No, Felicity." The CEO held her arms to the side to stop the approaching creator. "Unless you wanted to be banished as well."

Felicia's heart sank as she listened to the CEO's words. She gritted her teeth, trying to keep her emotions in check as her golden eyes darted between the strict Sylvia and the crying Naomi. It was a tough decision to make, to say the least. On one hand, she could save her dear friend from banishment, but on the other hand, it could cost her everything she had worked for. She knew that she was standing at a crossroads, and the path she chose would determine the course of her life. As she weighed her options, her mind raced with possibilities. What if she could find a way to save Naomi without risking everything she had accomplished? Or would she have to sacrifice her friend to secure her own status? Her honors? Her adorations?

Felicia knew that whatever decision she made, it would be one that would change her life forever.

"Felicia, I'm sorry!" Cried Naomi once again. The healer struggled with the armored guards who held her captive, trying to drag her out from the arena, and out from Eternal Afiat, their home.

"Sylvia! Give her a chance!" The creator turned to the sage, attempting to persuade her that the healer deserved another chance.

"Really, Felicity Irene?" Sylvia glanced at her in disbelief. "You still want to give her a second chance?"

"Look at her! She didn't mean it! Just had her under extreme supervision and-"

"After what she did behind your back?" The sage's eyebrows raised.

Felicia was silenced, her muscular build froze like a statue. Despite all the strength she had, she couldn't move. As if the CEO's words hit her central nerves, like acupuncture.

"Every time you go to her lovely cottage, does she show her replication works in front of you? Do you even catch a glimpse of her works?" She shifted her stance, twisting the creator's mind with her words.

"What are you trying to-"

"Felicia!" Naomi called from below. Felicia's gaze shifted to the guards who were holding the meek healer. Her marks glowed from black to red.

"She hid it well, did she?" She lifted her head, looking at the apprehensive Felicia.

"Felicia, I'm sorry!" Naomi called down below, again.

"She did. I know. Looks like she doesn't trust you either." Her index finger twirled with her pinkish hair.

"Why you little-" The creator cursed to the sage, her fists clenched.

"Didn't you have enough?" Sylvia mocked. "A healer's banishment wouldn't cost anything. It certainly, wouldn't cost your status. You'll find a better assistant than her." She said sternly, jutting her chin towards the pathetic healer. "I'll find you a new one."

"Enough!" The creator shouted, her raspy voice deafening the arena. The guards stopped their moves, both shivered at the creator's outburst.

Sylvia gasped at the turn of events. "Why did you stop?! You take orders from me!" Glared the CEO, her arms extended forward as her ribbons lengthened towards the healer.

"Enough, Sylvia!" She turned down the Sage, meeting her heterochromia eyes as she seized Sylvia's hand with the force of her ruby chains erupting from the grounds. With a grip on her arm, she prevented the healer from receiving her attacks. Ribbon intertwined with chains, but before Felicia could move, once again she froze at the presence from behind.

"One move and you shall never be seen." Arthur spat from the back. Felicia could feel the tip of his spear at her nape. "Release the CEO." The chief ordered.

Felicia did as she told, as she backed off slowly with raised hands. Naomi watched the higher ranks' small fight above with watery eyes. Knowing Felicia did try to help her.

Sylvia sighed, nonchalantly. "Your rebellion is showing, Felicity. I'll give you a chance. Walk away and pretend this never happens."

Felicia's eyes widened in confusion, face scrunched at the CEO's remarks. "A chance for me but not for her?!" She growled in disbelief.

"Or leave your home."

"Tch." Felicia's teeth clamped down painfully against her bottom lip, the anger she felt threatening to spill over like the rage of a volcano.

As she gazed skyward, the healer's heart sank with the weight of an age-old injustice. The power and immortality bestowed upon her kind had never been fairly distributed. She realized healers were too often dismissed as basic and easily corruptible, relegated to the lowest ranks of society and reviled by those who didn't understand their true worth. It was a bitter pill to swallow, seeing the full extent of the prejudice and disrespect that had been heaped upon her kind for centuries.

The creator was given a chance, but not the healer. How so?

"You... You... Pathetically high ranks pricks..." Naomi rasped, she kept her head low.

Both of the high ranks above turned their attention toward the healer.

"You're nothing but discriminating bastards!" An angry shriek tore from her throat, her scleras began to pulsate.

"Corruption... I can sense it." Sylvia sighed, shaking her head as her pink glittery hair swayed. "So, what do you say, creator?"

"No... Naomi..." Heart heavy as the creator too sensed the corruption. Her clenched fists eased. It was too late, there was no point in saving her.

 Was it her fault all along? Was her ways harsh to the point she turned like this? Felicia could never tell. She walked away toward the shadows, disappearing at the sight of the balcony which the healer will never see again.

"No... Felicia!" The half-corrupted healer sobbed. 

Knowing Felicia didn't help her after all.

"Wise creator." She chuckled. "Banish her." The CEO ordered

Naomi forced herself to crash against the door of an abandoned cottage, her devilish aura building around her. The beginning of her corruption seemed upon her, threatening to explode forth and consume all within her vicinity. She collapsed on the mossy, damp flooring.

"She... Was just like the rest..." Naomi sobbed, her nails digging into her arms as she hugged herself.

"Of course, she is... the prideful creator was selfish..." Muttered a distorted voice.

"W-what are you?" 

"I'm here... to help you, my dear." The voice snickered. "A tome... can solve it all."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.4K 182 42
At a certain juncture of time in the Middle Ages. A tyrannical king ruled his kingdom with an iron fist. His every whim was law, and his subjects liv...
11.5K 801 57
A Thousand year old Forest guardian has loved only one human woman but can never have her. She often slips away from him through death and there was...
1.9K 232 39
Eight years ago, Scarlett's Solaris's world was flipped on its axis, losing grip of all sense of stability and meaning. Her kingdom was attacked and...
5.7M 305K 125
Falling into the fiery hell she created must've been the perfect way for her to die. The other woman would then become the heroine that saved the tow...