THE ROMANTIC CRIME

By Avinaphile

#2 in The Shaktawat Sisters Series! . Avantika Kanwar Shaktawat x Garv Singh Chauhan . . He falls for her w... More

DEDICATION
INTRODUCTION
CHARACTERS AESTHETICS
THE CHAUHANS
THE SHAKTAWATS
A SNEAKPEAK
1. THE MARRIAGE PROPOSAL
2.THE UNWELCOMED NEWS
3. THE INVESTIGATION
4. THE VERIFICATION
5. THE VISIT
6. THE TO BE VIRAL MEET
7.THE TWENTY FIVE MINUTES
8.THE ONLINE HATE
9.THE ARRIVAL IN DELHI
10.THE SHORT STAY IN LIFT
11.THE MISINTERPRETATION
THE PLAYLIST
12. THE RIVALRY
REMINDER
14. THE CONSTANT THOUGHT
15.THE UNCHANGED QUESTION
16.THE LUNCH
17. THE GCs AND GOSSIPS
IMPORTANT - DO READ IT
18.THE FIRST KISS
19.THE ANSWER TO HIS WORDS
20. THE LATE NIGHT TALKS
21. THE COMFORT LEVEL
22. THE RETURN
‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

13. THE SILENCE

5.4K 850 164
By Avinaphile

Today is Day 3 since the accident took place. There is zero improvement in her health condition and she hasn't gained consciousness yet. The last eighty hours were the toughest one and each second of it was equivalent to an hour.

Every moment I longed to heard the news of her waking up but everytime I faced disappointment after knowing her condition getting critical than previous time.

Doctor has already informed if she doesn't gain consciousness soon, there is a huge chance of memory loss and I am not strong enough to bear the situation of her losing the beautiful memories of her life.

My phone started ringing and it's from my best friend - Dhruv.

"Hello" I answered.

"Hi. Aapsa is feeling better right now, we will get discharge within two days but we have been advised to keep him under supervision" I paid gratitude to Kuldevi maa for this news announced by my friend.

"I hope it gets well soon"

"Yeah but are you okay? Why do you sound so low Garv?"

"Actually I was in studio for recording so there is a lack of sleep.Will call you once I reach home" and I hung up the call before facing his questions.

After Hriday insisted me, I had my lunch and was waiting for doctor to inform us about her report.

Every nurse who entered and exited her room, I ran to find out about her health condition but everytime the responses were negative. Avantika please don't do this to your Garv. Please show us a sign. I don't want your family to lose you. The efforts to stop all the negative thoughts in my mind is crossing my patience level.

Avantika, If I ever knew you are going to suffer this pain,I wouldn't have allowed you to go, I wouldn't have ask you to go away from my life. Please, Garv ke liye na sahi apne mumma aapsa ke liye uth jao. Apni behno ke liye uth jao aapke aloo gobi aapka wait kar rahe hai.

"Sir, please don't lose hope" Hriday consoled me,noticing my teary eyes.

"It has been three days Hriday. Can't you see her stubborness?" I grew restless.

"Don't worry. She met with a severe accident.Please sir,we have to stay strong" His words tried to relax me,giving me hope but I can't find it easy to pass the time in order to wait to hear a positive response from the doctor.

"Mr.Chauhan" I heard Dr.Adarsh calling me and I approached in his direction, praying to get a ray of hope in the form of his words.

"She has finally gained consciousness.Congratulations" He patted my shoulder and I can't hold the happiess hearing his words. I asked him whether I could meet her but he informed me they are shifting her to another room and I can meet her after thirty minutes.

"Hriday,Avantika is fine'' I hugged her but suddenly a question arised after recalling his words- memory loss.

"Dr.Adarsh, memory loss?" I stopped him before he could enter his cabin.

"We have to see about it.If she recognises you,that's great. I will inform the nurse to allow you to meet her" and he left.

.........

Hriday stayed in the corridor and I headed towards the room in which she was shifted. Relax.Don't Panic. Garv,she is fine.

My hand slowly opened the door only to see her staring at the ceiling blankly,her forehead covered by a bandage and her left leg had a plastered and a drip inserted in her left hand.

"Ms.Avantika" I called her slowly and sat on the table placed near the bed.

Her eyes slowly shifted to my face and blinked once.

"Avantika" I said her name, a satisfaction felt in my heart seeing her in front of my eyes.

"Mr.Chauhan" She struggled speaking my name.

Thank God she didn't suffer from memory loss and a sense of relief travelled in every cell of my body.

"I am sorry. I shouldn't have left you that night" My words accomapnied by a tear in my eyes.

"Please" She looked at me and raised her hand.

"Don't speak much. Doctor has advised to not let you speak." I informed and she blinked,agreeing it.

"Why are you crying,Ms.Avantika?" I questioned noticing her.

"Nothing.I need to rest." and she wiped her tears, closed her eyes in order to sleep.

"Stress isn't good for you especially right now so please I would suggest you to not bother yourself much" and I left my place to get something for her after talking with the doctor.

After three days

More than six days and I got bed ridden after that night. I have been advised for a bed rest of about two to three months. I will be getting discharged after a few hours and my family isn't aware of my accident. As Hriday informed me that Mr.Chauhan has lied sayng I am out of town due to an important case.

Staying in the four walls of hospital room is consuming my soul.I haven't been familiar with staying indoor for long period of time. I don't know about the upcoming few months how I will manage by staying in.

" Good morning Ms.Avantika" I heard his voice entering the room along with a tiifin bag.

I nodded as he has strictly warned me to not speak even a single word and he placed the bag on the table. Is something missing on his face? I have been noticing a sudden change in his behaviour for three days.

He helped me to carefully sit, placing a pillow as a support and table over the bed. Mr.Chauhan,is there something you are hiding from me? Is there something bothering you?

Before he could feed me the soup, I stopped him with my hand, gesturing to him that I would have it by myself.

"I don't want you to repeat the same as you did last night by dropping the juice on yourself" He said,a straight line formed on his lips.

I gestured to him , informing me of my urge to speak and he agreed.

"Is something... bothering you?" I asked him finally.

"No" He replied,without looking at me and continued "Better have your breakfast and you have to take your medicines as well" . His hand held a spoon and offered me to have it.

I nodded and without uttering a single word, a silence occupied between us for the next twenty five minutes.I am perplexed seeing him staying silent.

After eating my medicine, two policemen along with a lady officer walked into the room followed by a small conversation with him.

"Good afternoon Ms.Avantika. I hope you are feeling better" An inspector dressed in his official uniform began speaking and simultaneously asking the constable to note down my statements.

I nodded hearing them and glanced at his face, who stood silent, observing their words.

"Did you remember anyone's face or anything? Numberplate?" He began the investigation.

I tried recalling that night's incident only to get a blur image of two cars and a truck.

"No. I am unable to recall anything" I replied only to get disappointment from his side.

"Can you tell us the location from where they started following you?" He questioned.

"Yeah, I remembered this. There is a school named Trinity School, ten to fifteen minutes away from the quarter where I stay" I answered.

"Okay. Thankyou and we will come again to collect your statements and also try recalling any sign from the cars" The lady inspector said and one by one they left the room.

"You will be staying at my place until you get well completely" He said,after he found a place to sit.

"Please, I don't want to trouble you more.I will stay in my quarter and I will ask Arisa to come back soon" I resisted as I don't think it's right to stay at his place for a long time especially after the argument.

"I said you are staying at my place. I can't compromise with your health" and he raised me. The nurse helped me to change my clothes and I was made to sit in a wheelchair as I have been advised to avoid giving efforts on my leg.

We left the room and headed towards the elevator, I noticed him approaching in my direction. His hand held the wheelchair behind me and walked but I avoided looking at him. I noticed the night wear worn by me. Is it bought by him because I know the brand which designs this.

We reached the parking lot and I heard him speaking whether they could transfer me inside the car by lifting me. His bodyguards were present over there and I ran my eyes around only to see the absence of the media.

"Let me know if you feel uncomfortable" He said and leaned to pick me carefully but my eyes stared at him.His face was close and reminded me of an elevator moment in Delhi.

"Seat belt" His words made me realize I was already sitting on the backseat and his hand buckled it.

Hriday sat in the front seat along with his driver, while his bodyguards occupied the backseat and he sat next to me. I noticed the time on his watch - 8.45pm.

The car exited the parking area of the hospital but I have a strange feeling seeing him silent,not having the same charm which used to stay on his face.

"Drive slowly" He spoke but his eyes didn't look at me even once.This isn't him.

'Mr.Chauhan, is everything fine?" I asked, finally breaking the ice between us and he nodded again, choosing not to look at me.

"Hriday, have you bought the reports and medicines?" He asked .maybe he wanted to avoid my question.

"Yes sir. I have kept them in the bag" Hriday replied but I closed my eyes, resting my head on the seat.

"Ms.Avantika,take this cushion" He handed over me again followed by a silence.

The hospital is ten minutes by driving distance from his apartment and we reached his parking area within a short span of time though the driver drove slowly.

He got out of the car and opened the car gate on my side, leaned while Hriday placed the wheel chair out.

Before his hands could find a way to wrap me,our eyes met conveying the hidden message in the silence. Neither he blinked nor did I. Mr.Chauhan, why are you behaving indifferent? Maybe he is tired after staying at the hospital.This could be the reason.

He carefully shifted me on the wheelchair and headed towards his apartment through the elevator after asking his bodyguards and driver to leave for their respective places.

Even in the elevator, none of us bothered to say anything. We reached the doorstep and he entered the passcode, unlocked the door and Hriday called his cook asking him to be here within ten minutes.

"You are staying in my room" He said,heading towards the room. I tried looking at him but my head spun due to quick movement.

"Why not the guest room?" I asked.

"Is there any problem if you stay in my room?Don't worry, I have shifted my belongings in the nearby room"He responded and opened the door.

"But Mr.Chauhan" My words were interrupted when he asked me to stay silent and it was my first time seeing his room.

The center of the room had a king size bed covered with dark solid-colored bedsheets and pillows placed perfectly on it. A huge window on the left side of the bed,was covered by the curtains matching with the room interior.

A smart tv installed on the wall opposite of the bed, one of the walls has all his frames consisting of his photos with his family, friends and even some photos from his professional life too.

The right side wall of the bed had two doors nearby and I assumed one of them leads to his closet as I didn't find any cupboard in his room.

After stopping the wheel chair next to bed, he carefully shifted me to bed taking utmost care to not make me feel uncomfortable. He covered me with a blanket and without saying anything got up from the bed.

"Mr.Chauhan,can you please stay here for a while?" I stopped him before he could leave me alone in his room.

"Okay" He sat next to me, maintaining a distance.

"I am sorry" I said,without looking at him. My hands clenched the bed sheet under the blanket.

"Sorry?"

"I have made you suffer in the last one week"I confessed,controlling myself on realizing my mistake.

"I am sorry but don't worry. I won't give you any chance to complain" He expressed,carefully placing a pillow behind my back but the moment paused when our eyes found a connection.

He has beautiful eyes, I must agree with it.The dark brown ones.His hand was still holding the pillow when he tried placing it.Why am I not able to stop myself from drowning into them?

"Ms.Avantika" He whispered but our eye connection stayed until we heard a knock on the door and it was Hriday who walked inside with a water bottle.

He raised quickly and moved away.

"Sir, I have informed to cook everything as prescribed by the doctor and here are the medicines." Hriday said, placing the medicine pouch on the side table and smiled glancing at me.

"Hriday, postpone this week's schedule by two weeks." He declared.

"Mr.Chauhan" I stopped as I don't want him to delay his work because of me.

"You aren't allowed to stress much" He replied and continued speaking to his manager "and if Jayant doesn't agree with the change in plan. Ask him to change the singer. He can approach anyone including Nishant."

Is he dropping his dream project for me as I remembered him mentioning it?

"Mr.Chauhan, please don't do this. I am fine." I tried making him understand but he didn't listen to my words.

"You can have your dinner here and see you tomorrow" He said and left the room but I noticed Mihika arriving in the room.

"Excuse me Hriday" She asked him to leave.

She sat nearby and asked about my health while her hands were busy scrolling her phone.

"Ma'am, Garv Sir has said to buy all your necessary things. Can I know the products you use like your moisturizer, lip balm etc. so I could bring it here by tomorrow?" She waited for my response.

"I don't need anything" I replied as I don't want anything from his side as he is doing much more than I deserve.

"Even your clothes. What are you going to wear for the rest of the time you are staying here?" She questioned.

"You can better bring it from my quarter orelse I will ask Arisa to return Mumbai soon so I can shift there" I said and this is the first time I am feeling embarrased in my life. I don't like it when anyone wants to spend for me,excluding Geet jija.

"Ma'am, here are the websites of those brands. Add it in the cart as per your preference and I will bring the same from it tomorrow morning " She handed me the tab leaving me alone.

Is he even going to buy me a branded toothbrush? I thought about it on seeing the webiste displaying on the screen.

"Mihika, you know it very well she got an injury yet you gave the tab. Do you want her eyes to strain, resulting in an effect on her head injury?" I heard his words from the living room as it was high enough to be audible.

I noticed Mihika rushing back to the room and asking me to inform her so she could make a list.

"Ms.Avantika,whatever you want, inform her and she will bring it for you. Don't worry about anything." I noticed him coming inside and opening one of the doors only to find a glimpse of his closet in which he walked in only to return with a pouch in his hand, leaving the room without bothering to look at us.

After informing everything as requested by Mihika, my eyes fell on him when he entered with a plate followed by Hriday holding a compatible table, maybe to place it on the bed so I can have my dinner.

Hriday left after handing it to him. He placed the table on the bed followed by a plate on it which had khichdi, a simple one.

"Doctor has advised to avoid spices and oil in your meals" He informed me,bringing the spoon in front of my mouth to feed me.

"I can have it by myself" I tried taking the spoon from him.

"I know you can but I don't want your injuries to swell more by your constant movement" He offered and I ate it.

"Mihika will be staying with you from now onwards in this room" He informed, continuing feeding me with the spoon.

"Will you be comfortable staying in the new room?" I asked, looking at him and he nodded to answer my question.

"My phone?" I asked him as I haven't come across it since that night.

"That's in that bag which was carried to the hospital. I will hand it over to you tomorrow morning as you should sleep now. Also don't worry, I have informed your family that you are out of town for a case" He informed me after I finished my dinner and left the room.

•••••••••••••

CHAPTER 14 - THE CONSTANT THOUGHT IS NOW AVAILABLE ON SCROLLSTACK. LINK IS IN THE DESCRIPTION BOX.

I hope you all enjoyed reading it. How is the chapter? Don't forget to vote and comment down below

For more updates and spoilers, you can follow me on instagram - avinaphile.

Take care and see you in the next chapter

Avina ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

674K 45.6K 72
"𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛 - 𝙸𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚜 .." Advika - A wannabe one of the known...
6.4K 319 17
Book 1 of series Destiny's mystery....... 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 DEVANSH SINGH RATHORE..... ___________________________________________ _________________________...
6.2K 786 14
- 🪐Diksha x Akarsh (SLOW UPDATE) - T R O P E S - • Murder Mystery • Bestfriend to Lovers • Single Dad • Second Chance • Sunshine...
142K 11.2K 55
«Tere bin ab na lenge ek bhi dum. Tujhe kitne chahne lage hum» Anika meets a mysterious man on her flight to Paris. Refusing to share t...