Chronos sacrifice // Ominisce...

By 12223l

Ji Hui is an ill-born child. He was born with a weaker heart than other children. One day his parents let him... More

000
001
002
003
004
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021

005

1.1K 73 12
By 12223l

— Kim Dokja's Companions

     Ji Hui woke up with cold sweat running down his back. The image of his mother's corpse haunted his mind when he slept. He felt a wet tongue lick his cheek and then a nudge.

Pancake was comforting him.

"He's awake!" An unfamiliar voice shouted but the voice had been talking about him. It was a gentle beauty with brown hair.

Ji Hui just stared at her but didn't make an effort to talk.

"You're awake, how do you feel?" She said in an worried tone. She seemed like a nice, innocent character. "Dokja-ssi said you might have passed out due to exhaustion."

'Dokja?'

He didn't know a dokja.

The confusion must have been noticeable because she explained it to him. "Dokja-ssi is the man you came with."

'oh. Him.'

[ The Constellation 'Emperor of the abyss' dislikes incarnation 'Kim Dokja.' ]

[ The Constellation 'Empress Mother' is glad you're alright. ]

[ The constellation 'Sea tyrant' is glad you're okay. ]

...

[ The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' is stunned. ]

[ The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' ask if it's really you, ■■ ■■■. ]

'huh?'

Ji Hui noticed that a few new constellations have taken a notice of him but this message really confused him but he brushed it off.

And decided to ignore it.

"Who are you?..."

The women seemed suprised that he spoke but quickly introduced herself. "Ah! I'm Yoo sangah, how about you?"

"Ji Hui." He nodded in greeting before looking around. "Where's Kim Dokja?"

"He should be–" She was cut off by a semi-familiar voice. "You're awake. Do you feel better now?"

Kim Dokja stared at the little boy who was had nodded to his question but was still very wary about him.

He remembered when he had first met him. At first he was suprised at how someone sp young survived on his own and then in awe about his power after he met the giant shadow beast.

But then he seemed familiar.

It didn't dawn on him until he looked through the novel again that he realized who that boy was.

'Cain', one of the most powerful characters in 'Ways Of Survival'. He was referred to as 'Shadow Monarch' in the earlier chapters. He was a character that could rival Yoo Jonghyuk as the main protagonist.

In the novel it was said that even Jonghyuk didn't know who he was. 'Cain' could be recognized by his two signature trademarks, The shadow beast and his side and the black mask that hid his face.

'Cain' was a character that often helped from the shadows and stay away from the spotlight.

No one knew who his Constellation was but it was known he had one.

A high ranking one.

He had few monologs and was put as an extra character by the readers that thought he was just a form of support for Yoo Jonghyuk. But ti wasn't a lie to say that 'Cain' could rival Yoo Jonghyuk.

But Kim Dokja knew that this little kid was 'Cain'.

He was certain after seeing the novel. The shadow beast fit the description perfectly. But he was just suprised that the fearsome 'Cain' was a little kid that didn't seem eleven years yet.

But Kim Dokja had to get him on his side.

This little kid will grow up to be one of the strongest incarnations. It would definitely be a great help to him.

Ji Hui stared at the man he had met at the Supermarket that had just been staring at him. He began feeling uncomfortable.

'is he a pedophile that likes children?'

Kim Dokja was looking at him as if he was a piece of steak infront of a starving man.

Kim Dokja snapped from his trance. "What–Huh?"

He saw Ji Hui's suspicious stare and embarrassingly covered his mouth and coughed. "Cough–Um, right. I'm glad you're okay."

Ji Hui still didn't belive him. Pancake didn't either.

"Sorry–There were..things on my mind." Kim Dokja tried to explain. Ji Hui was now even more sure of his suspicions.

Dokja was a pedophile.

"Then– Hui-SSi, would you like to be a part of my group?" Ji Hui wasn't expecting that.

[ The constellation 'Emperor of the abyss' Says you should disagree! ]

[ The constellation 'The red cloak' Agrees with constellation 'Emperor of the abyss'. ]

[ The constellation 'Secretive plotter' suggest you agree. ]

[ The constellation 'Empress Mother' Agrees. ]

[ The constellation 'Emperor of the abyss' says you shouldn't be with that ugly squid. ]

[ The constellation 'Demon-like Judge of fire' says don't talk about her favorite incarnation like that. ]

[ The constellation 'Emperor of the abyss' provokes her. ]

[ The constellation 'Sea tyrant' is hoping they will fight. ]

[ 1,000 coins have been sponsored. ]

...

'They are no help.'

Ji Hui didn't know if he should agree but decided to anyway. It was better to be apart of a group for now.

He could always leave later.

"Then..okay.." He answered Kim dokja who was practically jumping for joy on the inside.

"That's a relief!" Yoo sangah said from beside him. She had been worried about him but now she was glad that he joined the group.

The rest of the group came by one by one and introduced themselves. So Ji Hui had now met the whole group.

"Here, take this." Kim dokja handed him a chocolate bar.

Ji hui glanced at him to ask if he was serious. "This time its free but next time you have to pay." He said handing the rest of the group food.

Ji Hui had his own rations that where wrapped by Pancakes tail but free food is free food.

"H-Huh? How much?"

"Don't you all have coins? It's ten for one."

"T-That..." Lee Hyunsung and Yoo sangah's faces filled with confusion. It seems they didn't expect this.

It was only fair but Ji hui would share his food.

He was starving and this chocolate bar would help so he'd eat half of the rations he found. He could always get more later anyways.

"Of course. I will pay right now. I don't need freebies." The women that had been lying on the bench injured spoke.

'I thought she was dead.'

Ji Hui said munching a large bag of chips he had gotten from his bag. It isn't the time to be making this look.

"I am Jung Heewon. Thank you for your help this morning."

"It's nothing."Jung Heewon turned to the rest to the group and continued speaking.

"Yoo Sangah-ssi, Lee Hyunsung-ssi. Everyone, Please wake up.  It isn't the time to be making this look. This food, he obtained it by risking his life. do you expect to get it for free?"

"Ah.." Yoo sangah cheeks turned red from embarrassment. "I was short-sighted, I'm sorry. Of course we should pay..It is right. I don't like freebies either. I hate depending on other people."

"I also agree with Yoo Sangah-ssi. I will pay coins from now one."

Everyone paid from their food. Gilyoung gave a bit more since he had gotten more food but then everyone looked at Ji Hui who was now devoring a sandwich that hadn't expired yet.

Ji Hui frowned and held the bag close. "This is mine."

He looked like a cat guarding hsi treasures.

Kim Dokja sighed and explained. "Hui, found these himself...Those are his."

Everyone nodded in understanding but Ji Hui still looked at them like a wary cat.

'These are mine.' He thought to himself. He would give them up.

Fun fact : Ji Hui named the shadow beast Pancake because he was hungry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 53K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
4.7K 128 23
After the Fourth Great Ninja War, Naruto Uzumaki is inexplicably transported to the world of "Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint," where he becomes a five...
81.1K 4.8K 61
A modern century man died and found himself reincarnated back in time of the 19th century France. To be reincarnated and given a second chance was a...
1.2M 53.2K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC