Upshift - Danielle of newjean...

By Andrethelegend27

Y/n Yu never believed in love at first sight, in his mind, he was more likely to run to the barriers of a rac... More

Upshift
Wiki page: Y/N Yu
Chapter 1 - The Invite
Chapter 2 - Homecoming
Chapter 3 - Driving By
Chapter 4 - Are U Ready?
Chapter 5 - Shot Through the Heart
Chapter 6 - Only for a Moment
Chapter 7 - Talking Stage
Chapter 9 - Perhaps Love
Intermission 1: Korean GP 24

Chapter 8 - Situtationship

334 13 2
By Andrethelegend27

A/N: Happy birthday Danielle!!!

~~~

13th March 2024

Y/N was a morning person, he always woke up early to exercise in the morning. But today felt different.

He was nervous, very much so.

If he had to compare it to something that happened before, the only thing that came close was his debut race with Aston Martin at the 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix. As he took his morning post-run shower, he felt the thumping of his heart reverberate within the cavities of his body.

Stepping out of the shower, he wrapped his towel around himself, as he looked at himself in the mirror, wondering if he looked okay. He felt unsure. Was he going to be okay? Would he make a fool of himself?

As he buttoned up his short-sleeved white shirt, he heard a knock on his door.

"Y/N? Are you staying for breakfast?" Y/N heard his Mother ask him through the door.

"I'm not omma," Y/N said, opening the door to meet his Mother, who was dressed in her pajamas, drinking from her coffee mug. "I'm going to Seoul today."

"Why are you going to Seoul dear?" His Mother asked, which grabbed the attention of his eldest sister.

"I'm uhh, meeting someone today," he replied shyly, rubbing his right hand on the back of his head.

"Is this the "you know who" that Lance mentioned?" his sister Jihye asked from her spot at the kitchen table.

"Yes..." Y/N replied, feeling his face redden.

"A girl?"

"Yes..."

"Well, I'll grill you later!" Jihye said, earning her a light slap on the head from their mother.

"You will not do that later with your brother!" his Mother said, smiling at her youngest child, "make sure you get some flowers! It always works!" she finished, winking at him.

"I will get the flowers when I get to Seoul!" Y/N said, as he grabbed his wallet and car keys from the countertop, placing them into his tote bag, before making his way to the garage.

~~~~~

"Danielle, what are you doing?"

Danielle jumped slightly as she turned around from the small chair at the front door of the NewJeans dorm, faced with Kim Minji.

"I'm uh, waiting for my friend to pick me up! We're hanging out today!" Danielle replied, lying through her teeth, hoping that Minji would not notice.

"You can drop the act, Dani," Minji chuckled, leaning onto a nearby wall, "Hanni told me all about it the night you two came back."

Feeling her cheeks heat up, Danielle placed her hands on them.

"Everything?"

"Everything."

"You're not here to stop me, right?" Danielle asked, uncertain of what to expect from her leader.

Minji laughed.

"I won't, as long as he isn't some playboy playing with your feelings," Minji said, "you know how it is, they drive fast, expensive cars for a living, they look for thrill, flings over real relationships?"

Danielle took it in, processing Minji's words.

"Y/N isn't like that, call it an instinct, but I don't think he's the player type," she said as her phone buzzed. Looking down she saw a text message from Y/N.

"Don't keep him waiting!" Minji said, clapping her hands together.

"How do you even know it's him?" Danielle asked incredulously.

"You're smiling like a fool right now," smiled Minji, "off you go!"

Laughing slightly, Danielle put on her grey hoodie, and green Converses before closing the dorm door behind her, and slipping on a light yellow face mask.

As she made her way out of the building, she immediately smiled.

Waiting a short distance away from the entrance to the complex, was Y/N Yu, who was leaning against a grey family car. He was dressed in what could be described as smart casual: a short-sleeved white shirt, paired with a pair of black jeans, with black Converses, adorned with a pair of sunglasses on his head as he looked in the direction of the building that Danielle came from.

His smile couldn't have been wider.

"Good morning Y/N oppa!" Danielle greeted, making her way to the young man, "I hope you didn't wait too long for me!"

"I got here 5 minutes ago! It's ok! I don't mind waiting!" Y/N said. It was only half true, the truth being the fact that he didn't mind waiting.

He actually arrived 15 minutes ago.

"I got something for you Dani!" Y/N proceeded to open the back doors of the car, producing a bouquet of flowers: pink yellow and white roses arranged artistically.

"You didn't!" Danielle exclaimed as she accepted the bouquet from Y/N, thankful that the mask she had on concealed her face. However, her smile reached her eyes, allowing Y/N to see her beautiful smile.

"It's rude to meet a lady empty-handed, that's what I was taught," Y/N replied, opening the passenger door to allow Danielle to board, shielding her head from the roof of the car.

"Why aren't you the gentleman?" she exclaimed, taking off her mask as Y/N got into the car.

"Shall we?" Y/N asked, starting up his car.

"Take it away!" Danielle playfully called!

Driving carefully, Y/N soon brought his car into the parking lot of Hangang Park, with Danielle cheerfully looking out of the tinted window.

"I'll put a mask on as well," Y/N said, as he leaned across to rest a hand on the headrest of Danielle's seat, turning around to reverse his car into a vacant spot.

This simple act caused Danielle's face to heat up once again.

After Y/N parked and put on a white mask himself, he opened the door for Danielle, as they both made their way to the nearest convenience store, buying some ramyun to eat.

Leaving the store unrecognized, the two found a quiet spot and sat down on a picnic blanket that Y/N prepared in his tote bag.

"You came prepared, didn't you?" Danielle asked with playful sarcasm, as she sat on the picnic blanket.

"Well there's nothing wrong with being prepared on a date," Y/N replied, flashing a playful smile that made Danielle's heart race.

Little did she know that her smile also made his heart run faster than his car's engine.

"Is that what we're calling this? A date?" Danielle shyly asked, as she snapped apart the pair of disposable chopsticks.

"If that's what you want to call it, " Y/N replied, shyly rubbing the back of his head with his free hand. Not noticing Danielle's shy little smile at that.

The duo proceeded to finish their ramyun in comfortable silence, enjoying the symphony of childrens' laughter nearby running around the playground, as well as the soft breeze of the early spring wafting around them.

After the two had discarded their food containers and packed away Y/N's picnic blanket, Danielle had shyly intertwined her right with Y/N's left as the two took a stroll through the park.

"Dani," Y/N began, as he looked at the younger girl, who was happily humming some tune as they continued their path, "I'm sorry if this is too simple of a first date..."

"Why would you say sorry for this Y/N oppa?" Danielle asked, "I love it! It's simple, and it's me and you, I'm happy!"

Hearing this, Y/N immediately relaxed, and promptly tripped on his own feet. Fortunately, he was fine. Unfortunately, however, he ended up dragging Danielle onto the ground with him by accident.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Dani!"

It was like something out of a teen romance drama: Y/N lying flat on his back on the floor, with Danielle landing on top of him, their faces separated by mere inches (or centimeters for the metric), the two of them locking eyes. It was as if time had frozen, the two were lost in their own world, until...

"You kids okay?" an elderly lady asked the two, having witnessed the two of them fall onto the ground.

"Wh-Oh we're okay! Thanks for asking!" Danielle said, getting off of Y/N and helping him up on his feet.

"Good job young man, shielding your girlfriend from the fall!" the elderly lady patted Y/N on the shoulder. Not noticing that she had made both Y/N and Danielle go red in the face.

"So, 'boyfriend', are you okay?" Danielle asked in a playful tone, as the elderly lady went about her business.

"I am, thanks for asking, my 'girlfriend'," Y/N replied, patting Danielle on the top of her head.

"So... what are we...?" Y/N asked after a few minutes, as they made their way back to his car.

"I would say... we're in the 'getting to know each other' phase perhaps?" Danielle answered, still with fingers intertwined with Y/N, "But that sounds boring, so why don't we call it a 'situationship'?"

"Situationship?"

"We're not in a relationship, but not really! Hence the situation!"

"I like it!" Y/N chuckled, as he once again opened the passenger door for Danielle.

In no time at all, they arrived at the NewJeans dorm.

"I guess this is where we part ways for today," Y/N said glumly as he watched Danielle put on her mask again, "I'll see you again sometime later?"

"How about tomorrow? I'll give you a tour of Seoul, I'm guessing you haven't been back for a while oppa," Danielle said, pulling down her mask and turning to face Y/N.

"I would be most delighted to have you as my tour guide Ms. Mo," Y/N said, smiling at that.

"I'll text you later oppa, thank you for today!"

~~~~~

As Y/N got home, he opened his phone and saw that Danielle had started a Phoning livestream.

"Hi everyone!" Danielle waved at her phone, interacting with her fans as she adjusted the bouquet from Y/N.

"I see a lot of people are asking me where did the flowers come from! I can tell you, a very special person gave me those flowers today!"

~~~~~

~~~

~~~~~

A/N: THERE WE GO, THE FIRST DATE!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 46.9K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
30K 628 39
You say I'm crazy 'Cause you don't think I know what you've done But when you call me baby I know I'm not the only one Or When a charming new boy jo...
82.2K 1.5K 16
[Completed story, female reader] Doesn't take season 3 into account (I hate the writing I did in this book, it's old, I'm keeping it up but there wil...
1.1M 49.9K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC