My Last Letter (2023)

By missarceline

MY LAST LETTER In the 1980s, Jeongguk Jun, tragically loses his fiancée in a train explosion. Dr. Lisa Jung... More

MY LAST LETTER + CAST(S)
🏵️ Prologue : A Fateful Day
🏵️ Chapter One : Resilient Heart
🏵️ Chapter Two : Longing for Home
🏵️ Chapter Three : Rails Of Reunion
🏵️ Chapter Four : Love Across The Miles
🏵️ Chapter Five : Last Bloom
🏵️ Chapter Six : A Long Day Ahead
🏵️ Chapter Seven : Challenges
🏵️ Chapter Eight : Grief
🏵️ Chapter Nine : Homecoming
🏵️ Chapter Ten : The Reunions
🏵️ Chapter Eleven : Dinner Gatherings
🏵️ Chapter Twelve : Breaking Point
🏵️ Chapter Thirteen : Awakening
🏵️ Chapter Fourteen : The Heartstrings
🏵️ Chapter Fifteen : Two Strangers
🏵️ Chapter Sixteen : Second Meeting
🏵️ Chapter Seventeen : One Late Night
🏵️ Chapter Nineteen : Appreciation
🏵️ Chapter Twenty : Julia
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-One : Unspoken Truths
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Two : Long Time No See
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Three : Familial Strains
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Four : Meet Again
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Five : The Riverside
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Six : Strides of Change
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Seven : Connections
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Eight : Parting Ways
🏵️ Chapter Twenty-Nine : Bonds
🏵️ Chapter Thirty : Campfire
🏵️ Chapter Thirty-One : About The Past
🏵️ Chapter Thirty-Two : Unexpected Turn
🏵️ Chapter Thirty-Three : At Last
🏵️ Chapter Thirty-Four : Resurfacing
🏵️ Chapter Thirty-Five : Promises Kept
🏵️ Chapter Thirty-Six : Keepsake Memories
🏵️ Chapter Thirty-Seven : Families
🏵️ Chapter Thirty-Eight : The Arrangement
🏵️ Chapter Thirty-Nine : Her Letter To Him
🏵️ Chapter Forty : Solemn
🏵️ Chapter Forty-One : Lead Once Again

🏵️ Chapter Eighteen : Sudden Invitation

157 15 1
By missarceline

SUDDEN INVITATION

By the time they reached the second floor, Lisa was waiting at her door, her expression a mix of concern and curiosity.

Lisa herself was dressed in a pink long satin sleeping dress, the fabric draped elegantly over her figure.

She wore a shawl to ward off the evening chill, its soft folds embracing her as she stood in the dim light of the stairs.

"Hey, Lisa," Namjoon greeted, slightly taken aback by her presence.

Lisa furrowed her brow. "Namjoon? What's going on with him?"

Namjoon helped Taehyun to Lisa's apartment, knowing it was the closest place they could go to sober up, especially Taehyun who drank a lot.

Despite Taehyun's state of inebriation, Namjoon had a feeling that being in Lisa's presence might help him gather his thoughts and confront their relationship issues.

"Can we come in?" Namjoon asked.

"Yeah," Lisa gestured to them inside her house.

Namjoon guided Taehyun into the apartment, his arm draped over his friend's shoulder for support. "Sorry for dropping by unannounced, Lisa. Tae needed a place to crash for a bit," Namjoon explained, casting a meaningful glance at Taehyun.

Taehyun managed a sheepish smile, his cheeks flushed with embarrassment. "Yeah, sorry. Didn't mean to intrude," he mumbled, his words slurring slightly.

Lisa nodded understandingly, ushering them into the living room. "No problem at all. Make yourselves comfortable," she said, gesturing to the couch.

Namjoon helped Taehyun settle onto the couch, where he slumped back with a tired sigh.

Lisa fetched a glass of water for Taehyun, placing it on the coffee table within his reach.

"Are you guys drunk?" She asked, detecting the unmistakable scent of alcohol.

Namjoon, though not as intoxicated as Taehyun, acknowledged with a nod. "Yeah, he had a bit too much. I'm just along for the ride," he admitted with a chuckle. "Well, Lisa, is it okay if I drop him off at your place? I don't think I can manage to get him to the hospital."

Lisa glanced at Taehyun, who appeared on the verge of collapsing from exhaustion.

She sighed, feeling a mixture of concern and annoyance. "Yeah, thanks for helping him, Namjoon."

"No problem. Well, I'm off," Namjoon said, heading towards the door.

Lisa closed the front door behind Namjoon and turned around, only to find Taehyun sitting on the couch, his gaze fixed on her despite his inebriated state.

Their eyes met, and Lisa felt a surge of frustration.

She resisted the urge to splash a bucket of water on his face to snap him out of his drunken stupor and leave her apartment.

But, she knew it was impractical and unlikely to solve anything.

"I'll get something to warm you up," Lisa said, attempting to mask her irritation as she headed to the kitchen to fetch a bucket of water and a towel.

Mrs. Lee emerged from her bedroom, surprised to find Lisa in the kitchen at this hour.

"Miss Lisa? What are you doing up so late in the kitchen?" Mrs. Lee asked, her voice tinged with concern.

"Taehyun stopped by. He's a bit drunk, so I'm trying to help him," Lisa explained.

"Taehyun? Drunk?" Mrs. Lee repeated, clearly taken aback.

Lisa nodded, feeling a sense of responsibility weighing on her shoulders. "Yes, Namjoon brought him here."

Mrs. Lee nodded in understanding. "I see. Let me help you take care of him."

Together, they carried the bucket of water out to the living room, where Taehyun remained seated in silence.

"Hello, Taehyun," Mrs. Lee greeted kindly, offering him the bucket of water.

Lisa watched closely, hoping for some sign of acknowledgment from Taehyun.

However, he remained silent, his gaze distant and unfocused.

As Mrs. Lee sat down next to Taehyun, Lisa settled on the other couch, feeling a mix of frustration and guilt churning within her.

Mrs. Lee gently placed the bucket of water on the floor and began to dab at Taehyun's face with the towel, her movements slow and methodical.

"I used to do this for my son when he got drunk," Mrs. Lee began, her voice tinged with sadness. "But now, I don't have to anymore. He passed away from heart failure when he was only 30."

Lisa's heart sank at Mrs. Lee's words, feeling a pang of guilt for bringing Taehyun into her apartment in his current state.

She listened in silence as Mrs. Lee continued, her mind filled with remorse for her actions.

"Please always take care of yourselves, young man," Mrs. Lee advised, her tone filled with wisdom born from years of experience.

Lisa waited anxiously for Taehyun to regain consciousness, hoping to remedy the situation before it escalated further.

Suddenly, Taehyun's groggy voice broke the silence.

"I'm going to throw up," he muttered weakly.

Mrs. Lee's eyes widened in alarm. "Quickly, Lisa, get another bucket from the kitchen!" she urged.

Without hesitation, Lisa sprang into action, darting to the kitchen to fetch another bucket.

She returned swiftly and placed it beside Taehyun, her heart racing with apprehension.

As Taehyun struggled to sit up, his movements clumsy and uncoordinated, Lisa felt a surge of panic rising within her.

She reached out to steady him, but his weight shifted suddenly, causing him to lean heavily against her.

"Careful," Lisa cautioned, attempting to push him away gently.

But it was too late.

Taehyun's body lurched forward, and he began to retch violently, his vomit splattering onto Lisa's lap and the floor around them.

Lisa and Mrs. Lee both gasped in shock and horror, Mrs. Lee hands flew to her mouth as she watched Lisa helplessly, unsure of what to do next.

As the night wore on, Lisa lay in bed, already changed into her new pajamas. Her thoughts swirling with a mixture of regret, guilt, and frustration.

Despite her exhaustion, sleep eluded her, her mind too preoccupied with the events that had unfolded.

In the living room, Taehyun lay sprawled on the couch, wearing in Lisa's oversized jacket.

His scrub, washed by Mrs. Lee, hung neatly over the back of a nearby chair, the faint scent of detergent lingering in the air.

Lisa glanced at the clock beside her bed, noting the late hour.

She knew she should try to get some rest, but her mind refused to quieten.

She couldn't shake the image of Taehyun's drunken state.

With a sigh, Lisa turned onto her side, her gaze drifting towards the closed door that separated her from Taehyun.

Despite her conflicted emotions, Lisa couldn't deny the exhaustion that weighed heavily on her.

With a resigned sigh, she closed her eyes, willing herself to sleep, if only for a few hours.

Tomorrow would bring its own challenges, but for now, all she could do was rest and hope for a better day ahead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.6K 4.4K 25
Lisa and Jungkook both have a secret. Will they continue to take revenge or let love decide their fate? A young adult/historical fanfiction based on...
8.6K 466 19
'Maybe when the time is right...you will find me again.' -K.Tolnoe 'What's meant to be...will always find it's way...always...
288K 8K 53
Two idols had a bitter past but she still has feelings for him. Can he define his feelings in the end? It has been a tough rollercoaster ride for the...
63K 6.1K 60
❝In the darkness, your light lights the way for me. Thank you for being my light in this dark world, Lalisa.❞ Warnings: contains mentions of sensitiv...