KARASUNO'S MANAGER - Haikyu V...

By HermesStories

"Remember the promise you made years ago?" My brother asked from the phone. "Which one?" I asked as I blow a... More

Author's Note
Prologue
I. Sōzokujin Academy
II. Note
III. His Sister
IV. Oh Brother
V. Serve
VI. Breakfast
VII. Surprise
VIII. Storm
IX. On
X. Late
Author's Note
XII. Food
XIII. Caught
XIV. Red
XV. Pretty Cute
XVI. Graves
XVII. Sleepover
XVIII. To Die
XVIV. Wish
XX. His Fingers
XXI. Get Lost
XXII. The Plan
XXIII. Idiot
XXIV. Spill
XXV. Punishment
XXVI. Second
XXVII. Wait
XXVIII. Explain

XI. Kitchen Duty

100 5 0
By HermesStories

"What should I make for breakfast?" Hideko asked herself as she walked in the kitchen.

"Good morning sweetheart!" She looked up to see 2 old ladies working on something.

"Good morning! Will it be okay if I help with making the food for the rest of the camp?"

"Oh, darling! That will be wonderful!"

The 3 of them worked on a simple breakfast of omelette, miso soup and onigiri.

"Feeding 8 teams sure is a lot of food." Hideko said as she help carry the wrapped onigiris outside the kitchen.

"Is it okay if I make something for my team?"

"Of course! You can use anything in here. What do you have in mind?"

"I plan on making them snacks from time to time, protein bars, muffins, bread and even shakes!" Hideko excitedly said as she grinned from ear to ear.

So cute! Lucky boys.

"Sounds great! Will we also have some?"
One of the 2 women jokingly asked.

"Of course! I just love making food." She said as she starts to run back inside the kitchen.

Not enough time. I need to hurry, they're almost back from their morning run.

"I'll go ahead and work on something now!" She said as the 2 women laugh watching her ran away from them.

What can I do I such a short amount of time?!

Hideko ran around the kitchen looking around the ingredients they have.

A refreshing drink? I'll make a smoothie!

She made a mental list as she check the cabinets and freezers.

- Frozen strawberries, mangoes and bananas.
- Chia seeds
- Yogurt
- Milk

I grabbed the ingredients and went to work as fast as I could.

I should make banana cake as well for later.

For the team and the 2 boys who dropped me off last night.

•••
The boys walked inside the cafeteria with towels around their shoulders.

"We're doing this for the rest of the month?" Tsukishima asked the team.

"What? Can't handle a little run?" Kageyama asked him as Hinata laughed at the annoyed blonde.

"Knock it off you 2. Let's just eat something. I want to take a shower." Daichi said as he leads the team to their table.

The cafeteria was filled in no time as the coaches made an announcement on how the day is expected to go.
•••

•••
"Manager-chan! So this is were you've been hiding?" Kuroo asked as he face her in the line for food.

"I wasn't hiding Kuroo-san. I was making breakfast with these 2 wonderful ladies." She said as she pours soup in his bowl.

"Manager-chan? They're your team, darling?" One of the women asked.

"Oh, no. They're not. He just calls me that. This is Nekoma." Hideko said as she pours soup to another Nekoma member.

"Hello neko-chan! Can I have cookies?!" Lev asked as he practically bounce in front of her.

Yaku pushed him to move forward the line.

"Neko-chan!?" Kuroo asked as he walks back to them from his position in the line.

"Coach calls her that. Why shouldn't I? She's cute. It fits her. Right neko-chan?" Lev said as he looks at her with an intense gaze.

Feeling flustered by what he said, her face turned red as she shakes her head from side to side.

Cute. The Nekoma boys thought.

"Fair enough. Manager-chan, you are hereby promoted to neko-chan. Hear that guys?" Kuroo said with a smirk as he turned to look at his teammates.

"There's really no need for-" she was cut off.

"Neko-chan, I apologize for whatever stupidity Kuroo did yesterday." Kenma said as he stands in front of her.

Neko-chan!? They're really going to call me that? Hideko feeling flustered forgot to pour Kenma his soup.

Kenma cleared his throat as he gave her a small smirk.

"I don't mind the staring neko-chan. But I think the others would like to eat." He playfully said, surprising his teammates.

How bold!
Who is this guy?
Kenma, since when?

The boys of Nekoma thought as they watch Kenma talk to the red faced Hideko.

The boys sat at their table talking about the announcement the coaches made awhile ago.

"Neko-chan is so cute." Lev suddenly said.

"Don't be weird, Lev."

"I want a cute manager too!" Yamamoto exclaimed gaining attention from the table beside them, Shiratorizawa.

I didn't even realize I was saying it out loud!? Kenma thought as he ate his breakfast, silently panicking by himself.
•••

•••
"Chibi-chan is gaining popularity." Goshiki said to his group.

"That is to be expected. She is the only girl in the camp." Shirabu said.

"Right! We need to make a move now! Before the other teams take her!" Tendo said.

The team looked at their red haired teammate as he excitedly talks about on how they can take her from Karasuno.

"What are you saying Tendo!?" Semi asked with a glare.

"You guys are no fun. No fun, at all." He pouts as he eats his breakfast, looking at Hideko laughing with her team.

She's so nice. So warm. So genuine.
He thought about the game they played yesterday.

Never have I been so interested about a girl before her.
•••

"Alright guys before you all eat, I have something to give you all." Hideko said with her hands on her waist.

"Wait here." She said as she jogged towards the kitchen leaving the boys to look at her.

She came back pushing a cart full of glasses filled with a weird drink.

Pink? The boys thought as they were given a glass each.

"Don't look so weirded out guys. It's not poison. Relax." Hideko said as she sat down beside Kageyama.

"It's pink." Kageyama told her.

"Good to know the king can differentiate colors." Tsukishima said as he takes a sip from his glass. His eyebrows raised as he send Hideko a look of confusion.

This is good. He thought.

"It's a simple smoothie made from strawberries, mangoes and bananas. I added chia seeds and yogurt to help with digestion since I noticed most of you guys ate a lot last night." She explained with a smile.

Noya and Ryu suddenly had tears running down their faces.

"You're too kind Hideko-chan!"

"We are so blessed to have you as our manager!"

"You guys! I'm so happy that-"

Hideko was cut off when she heard choking from beside her.

She looked at Kageyama with worry as she pats him at his back.

"Oh my God! Are you okay Kageyama?!" She asked in a panicked voice.

Suga stood up from his seat as he went to pat Hideko's back to calm her down and pat Kageyama's back to help him.

"Idiots." Tsukishima said as he sips his drink with a small small on his face.

"Damn it. This is really good." Tsukishima mumbled to himself, unaware of the look his friend is giving him.

Hinata suddenly choked as well as he tried to drink his smoothie as fast as he could. Having Ennoshita pat his back.

"Calm down Hinata. There's plenty more left." Narita said.

"But it's so good! Kageyama's going to drink all of it!" As Hinata continues to take big gulps from his glass.

"Finished! Give me more!" Ryu shouted.

"Me first! Give me first!" Noya screamed out.

•••
"They sure have a lot of energy."

"They're too loud."

"Sweety! What about these banana cake slices?" One of the women in the kitchen asked as she pushed a cart with containers.

"Cake!"

"Whoa. We're having cake in the morning?!"

Hideko ran towards the woman and the cart.

"I was planning on giving it to them later on. Thank you for reminding me though." She said with a grin as she takes the cart.

"They tasted lovely. Can you teach me how to make them sweety?" The woman asked.

"I'd love to. I'll go ahead and give it to them."

"Hey, Tsumo, I think I'm still hungry."

I want some too.
Not fair.
The boys of Inarizaki thought.
•••

•••
The chatter from Seijoh's table quieted down as Hideko reached them with 2 plates of banana cake.

"Good morning guys! Just here to drop off some slices to those 2." She said as she nods her head at the direction of Kyotani and Yahaba.

"Chibi-chan! Our morning is good, now that you're here."

"You saw her awhile ago Oikawa. Don't be weird."

"Yeah, she was at the line."

"Can you 2 just shut-" he was cut off when Yahaba stood up from his seat and took the plates from her.

"Thanks chibi-chan. You really didn't wait too long to make them for us? Huh." He said with a playful tone.

Hideko pushed him slightly as she laughed.

Yahaba went over Kyotani, giving him one of the plates.

"Thanks. Are you sure this is not poisoned?" Kyotani asked with a glare.

Oh. So we're playing like that?

"Hey! Can't you be grateful for once!" Kindaichi asked.

"Yeah! How can you say that to chibi-chan?!"

"You should apologize-"

She made her way to his place at the table and gave him a smirk.

"No, Kyotani. I couldn't do that even if I wanted to. That will just be a waste of food." She said as she hits his back while laughing.

Yahaba chuckled as he takes a bite from his slice.

"Hit him harder. Maybe his brain will restart or something."

"What did you say!?" Kyotani barked at Yahaba.

"Ara. Ara. Settle down you 2. Just enjoy the food I made!"

"It's a good question! I needed to make sure it's not poisoned by this weird idiot!" Kyotani defended himself.

"What did you say!?" She asked as she pushed his head aggressively.

"Do you really want to die?!"

"You go first!"

The 2 bickered as Yahaba ate his food while watching the chaos unfold in front of him.

"You done love birds?"

"No!"

"I told you to stop calling us that!" Kyotani went to grab Yahaba from his seat and shook him aggressively.

"What the hell is going on?"

"Is someone recording this?"

"Love birds!?"

"Both of you, sit down!"

"Yahaba-san, you can't just call us that. There will be misunderstandings." Hideko stammered out.

"Shouldn't I be saying the same thing, to you and Hideko?! Huh, love birds!"
Kyotani said out loud.

"Oh my God." Hideko whispered as she look at the 2 grabbing hold of each other's shirt.

The 4 3rd years stood up from their sit as they try to pry the 2 from each other.

"That's it!" Hideko screamed out.

"You 2 love birds need to settle down! And stop ripping each other's shirts right in front of everyone! Do that in your own time!"

Everyone turned red as they listened to the words that Hideko screamed out.

What the freakity freak is going on?!? The other teams thought as they listened in on the weird conversation that was going on.

"All the angels. Bless this 2 as they journey on their relationship with-"

"What the fck are saying!?"
"Chibi-chan, shut up before I make you!"

The 2 boys went to grab her as they shouted at her to stop talking.

Hideko laughed, unfazed by the crazed look the 2 were giving her.

"What the fck happened last night?!" Mattsun mumbled to himself.

"I have no idea." Makki whispered back.

"Have they lost their minds?" Iwaizumi said as he glares at the 3 who were making a show in the middle of breakfast.

Love birds!?
What is happening?
The boys thought as they watched the 3 bicker.

•••
"Daichi, I think Hideko is in trouble." Asahi said, unsure.

"Hey! What do they think they're doing to our manager!?" Noya said as he jumps up from his sit.

"Yeah! Let's show them the consequences!" Ryu said as he jumps off his sit.

"Sit down you two!"

"Yeah! Yeah!" Hinata said as he stood up, pulling Kageyama with him.

"Not you 2 as well!?"

"Ennoshita, get those 2!" Daichi shouted.
"Kinoshita, get them!" Suga shouted at the same time.

Daichi and Suga ran to retrieve Hinata and Kageyama while Ennoshita and Kinoshita ran behind them.

"Morons." Tsukishima said as he watched his teammates ran towards Seijoh's table.

"Should we help Tsukki?" Yamaguchi asked his friend.

"They always come out alive. I doubt this will be any different."

Asahi and Narita chuckled nervously from what Tsukishima said.

He's not lying. The 3 other boys thought.

Tsukishima looked at Hideko laughing while being threatened, drinking from his glass.

"Damn, this is really good." He whispered to himself.

"It really is, Tsukki!" Yamaguchi said, surprising and flustering Tsukishima.

"Shut up Yamaguchi and finish your food."
•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 13.2K 50
**UDATE 3/17/21: I WILL BE REWRITING IN A SEPARATE STORY WHICH WILL HAVE THE SAME TITLE AND THE PLOT WILL BE PRETTY SIMILAR. PLEASE CHECK MY PROFILE...
471K 12.7K 51
Y/n wasn't excepting this to happen... Becoming one of the manager of the Karasuno's volleyball team and dealing with a past crush. her life really...
44.6K 1.5K 25
❝𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐚𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧. 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬...
1.4K 67 5
What is a girl to do when the captain of the boy's volleyball team starts to follow her around? This is a short fanfiction to entertain you at 3:00am...