❀ ✽TO - DO - LIST✽❀ (Unedited)

By MaceyHalliday

Senior Year is almost over in the community of Sandfields Ottawa. When summer hits; everyone leaves for break... More

❁Meet the characters❁
❁Playlists❁
❁Chapter One❁
❁Chapter Two❁
❁Chapter Three❁
❁Chapter Four❁
❁Chapter Six❁
❁Chapter Seven❁
❁Chapter Eight❁
❁Chapter Nine❁

❁Chapter Five❁

3 1 0
By MaceyHalliday

CONSTANCE

Katy came up with the greatest idea for senior year. Of course we should end our year together with a big bang. It has to be memorable. Katy was thinking of things like hiking and starting yoga classes or something, but I'm here to ease into college life. Which means I am one hundred percent adding scandalous things on our list. How can we end our Senior year without adding a bit of drama into our lives? Then it would be boring.

Katy's room is full of yoga posters and pictures of her vacations she's been on. She has an abundance of country flags on her ceiling, the ones she has visited. This is going to be the greatest night because her stupid twin brother, Keiran, doesn't have his stupid friends over to pester me. Katy is always the house we stay over for sleepovers because her parents are never home. The parties here are lit too, honestly better than anything Tatum could host.

I offered the girls to do their nails so we sit on towels on the floor as I paint their nails their favorite colour. I make Katy's sparkly green of course and Maria asks for light pink. I paint my own with silver. Once our nails dry, we talk about our To-Do-List.

"How many things are we going to do on our list?" Maria asks, blowing on her nails.

"I was thinking  like 12 things because we are in Grade 12?" Katy says brilliantly.

"That's brilliant!" I say aloud.

Of course I'm wearing my favorite silk PJ set; tiny shorts and a tank top. Maria is wearing a night dress and Katy is wearing a onesie. I'm not kidding, a raccoon onesie. She must be sweating balls in that. She has a full collection of them and I'm not really sure why. They're so incredibly stupid but she loves it and that's all that matters.

"Connie, you write it because you have the nicest handwriting." Katy passes me a piece of paper on a clipboard. It's decorated paper with flowers on the edges. Then she gives me a feather pen, the one I tell her I want to steal all the time.

"I don't, but ok." I reply rolling my eyes. They think my handwriting is best just because I write in cursive, I don't think they could even read it. It's literally not legible. my handwriting is like a doctor's note.

At the top of the page I write To-Do-List with our names on the side; Maria, Katy and Constance.

"Okay, what were we saying at the cafe that we definitely needed on the list?" I ask them.

"I said Cliff Diving." Katy says. Me and Maria give her a blank stare. This is off to a rough start.

"You want us to jump off a cliff?" Maria says innocently.

"Into water of course, I'm not asking you guys to kill yourself!" Katy Shrugs. "We have to take risks and I know a really safe spot, trust me. I do this all the time! I know you'd rather jump off a cliff than skydive-"

"Cliff diving it is!" I say cutting her off at sky diving. No thank you. I write it down:

1. Cliff Diving

"katy, you mentioned those challenges that I've always wanted to do for my social media? Could I add that to the list?" I ask the girls.

"I'd love to!" Maria says. "What one were you thinking?"

I put the feather on my chin, thinking. "How about one of those 24 hour challenges? I've seen people do like 24 hours in a Walmart challenge or 24 hours in my trampoline or something?"

"Sounds fun, add it!" Katy says. I've always wanted to start vlogging for my social media accounts and this would be a perfect place to start it. Now I need to think of the perfect place to do our 24 hour challenge.

2. 24 hour challenge

"Maria needs her first kiss." I say. Maria shrinks nervously. How has she never had a boyfriend, she's literally gorgeous. How are the boys not fighting for her? She's just too shy, she needs to put herself out there.

"I don't know guys, I definitely won't be able to pull a guy for that by the end of senior year." Maria says, unsure of what she is getting herself into.

"Yes you can Maria, you could pull anyone you want. You just need to get yourself out there! If for some reason you can't pull, just kiss somebody random. Who cares?" Katy explains, voicing my thoughts. "We are risk taking on this list."

"Ok fine." Maria allows.

I am about to write down Maria's first kiss but then stop myself. "Shouldn't the stuff we do have to do with all of us? Like things we can all do. I feel like I shouldn't just put down Maria's first kiss. Cliff diving is an activity we all get to do together. The list will be unsymmetrical if we have our own."

You can see the relief on Maria's face.

"How about we all have to kiss somebody by the end of the school year? We are all single, why not?" I finish, the relief on Maria's face vanishes. She's not getting out of this one. This is the right direction for the list, I like this one. "And it has to be somebody we haven't kissed before."

"That's hard for you Connie, finding someone new." Katy laughs.

"Hey! Liar! You make me sound like a whore!" I elbow her.

"But yes that's a great idea!" Katy says.

"Ugh." Maria says distressed.

3. Kiss someone new

"What if we got tattoos?" Maria says which shocks me.

"Go Maria! Taking risks, that's a great one!" I exclaim.

"Well it's just that I'm finally 18 so Nana can't say no and you guys will have no problem getting permission." Maria shrugs.

"I'm starting to get really excited!" Katy says.

4. Get a tattoo

"Let's go skinny dipping" I say while writing down the tattoo idea.

"Okay that's a bit far, we can't do anything that could put us in jail. That is illegal right?" Maria says.

"Oh we'll be fine, I used to do it all the time in the pond behind my house. We're the only house on it and there is nobody around. It's not like we are going streaking. It's just for fun!" I say. It's true, I've done it with others and as a dare before. Was it responsible at the time? Maybe not. But one more time won't hurt.

"I'm cool with it." Katy says, but she'll do anything.

"Put it as maybe." She says, accentuating the word maybe.

5. Skinny Dipping (maybe)

"Guys, we have to go to school wearing onesies one day!" Katy says pointing at her raccoon onesie she's wearing.

"Like on a PJ day?" I ask giving her a confused look.

"No, like on a normal day. Just walk in wearing onesies! That would not only be hilarious but everyone will look at us." Katy says as if that's a good thing.

"Nobody is going to kiss me after that!" Maria shrieks.

"I've made out with a lot of people wearing a onesie!" Katy argues.

"I'll put it on the list." I laugh.

6. Wear onesies to school

"On the same idea of kissing someone new," I say while Maria cries in discussions. "We should ask somebody random out and it has to be in public. Like we should go to the mall and ask a guy out each. They don't have to say yes, but we have to ask."

"Great!" Katy says.

"Yay, another way to embarrass myself!" Maria's sarcasm bounces off the walls. Katy and I laugh.

7. Ask somebody out in public

"I've always wanted to host a fashion show? Could you guys model for me?" Maria asks us.

"YES!" I yell a little too loud. Her designs are so amazing, being able to model them would be a dream.

"Write it down!" Katy tells me, waving her finger at the clip board.

8. Host a fashion show

"OH also," Maria is killing it with these ideas. "We should take a dance class. Like a Jarabe Tapatio."

"What's that?" Katy asks.

"Oh like a Mexican Salsa or partner dancing." She explains.

"Yes, and we have to find a partner to take with us!" I say, having to find someone will be the fun part.

"Will this entire list have to do with me embarrassingly trying to find boys?" Maria asks. We all laugh.

9. Take a Mexican dance class

"Oh I know!" Katy says suddenly with an idea. "Let's go to Canada's Wonderland and go on the Leviathan together!"

The leviathan is a massive roller coaster which Katy loves but heights is my biggest fear, I don't know if I could bring myself to do it. Katy clearly sees the fear in my eyes.

"Oh it's not that bad!" She says.

"Ok fine, I'll do it." I say finally. Not even understanding the words coming out of my mouth. My excitement lessened.

10. Go on the Leviathan

"Oh I got one!" I say, I need to get revenge on Katy. I eye her. "I have the perfect one."

"Oh no." Katy and Maria say at practically the same time.

"Get a hickey" I smile.

"Nope" Katy says right away. She absolutely HATES hickeys. Which is very strange to me. But in grade 10 Katy got caught by her parents one day after a big party her and her brother hosted. She had the biggest hickey I've ever seen on her neck. She cried for hours after being grounded and yelled at. Ever since then, she finds them uncomfortable and brings back bad memories.

"If I have to face my fears and go on the Leviathan then you have to suck it up and get a hickey." I say to her.

"This is much worse for me so I don't know why you're so mad about it Katy." Maria says, which is true. Maria has to do all these for the first time in the course of a few months.

"Fine, put it down." Katy eventually gives in.

11. Get a hickey

"One more." I say.

"Oh already, that wasn't so bad." Maria says.

"We need a really good last one."  I declare.

"What if I hosted a giant grad party after we finished all these. I'll invite the entire grade and we can end with playing those stupid games we used to play in middle school. Like 7 seconds in heaven or spin the bottle? I'll make the party even bigger than the one Kieran is planning for next weekend." Katy remarks.

"That's where we can start our list, at the party next weekend! We can do a couple on our list! And Katy that's a great idea for a big grad party, I'll write it down!" I say, satisfied with our list we made.

12. Host the biggest grad party

Maria smiles at us; "As much as I don't want to do half of these things on the list, we are really going to have a good senior year."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 140 13
Astrid Connors; the girl with the perfect life. She never asked for it, rather having to work for it; to be seen by her parents because they see her...
77.7K 1.6K 32
Two seniors that only have one thing in common, going to the same school. They hate each other because of their friend groups and past. As the two se...
439 3 53
It started in Sammie and Ambrie's senior year. They have been friends since the 8th grade. Sammie has a crush on this guy named Nolan who they have k...
1.6K 95 20
The summer before her senior year started Iris thought everything was normal and just as they should be... But what will happen when she meets Alex...