THE ROMANTIC CRIME

By Avinaphile

#2 in The Shaktawat Sisters Series! . Avantika Kanwar Shaktawat x Garv Singh Chauhan . . He falls for her w... More

DEDICATION
INTRODUCTION
CHARACTERS AESTHETICS
THE CHAUHANS
THE SHAKTAWATS
A SNEAKPEAK
1. THE MARRIAGE PROPOSAL
2.THE UNWELCOMED NEWS
3. THE INVESTIGATION
4. THE VERIFICATION
5. THE VISIT
6. THE TO BE VIRAL MEET
7.THE TWENTY FIVE MINUTES
8.THE ONLINE HATE
9.THE ARRIVAL IN DELHI
10.THE SHORT STAY IN LIFT
11.THE MISINTERPRETATION
THE PLAYLIST
13. THE SILENCE
REMINDER
14. THE CONSTANT THOUGHT
15.THE UNCHANGED QUESTION
16.THE LUNCH
17. THE GCs AND GOSSIPS
IMPORTANT - DO READ IT
18.THE FIRST KISS
19.THE ANSWER TO HIS WORDS
20. THE LATE NIGHT TALKS
21. THE COMFORT LEVEL
22. THE RETURN
‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

12. THE RIVALRY

5.1K 805 179
By Avinaphile

Author’s POV

“Sir don’t worry” Hriday ensured, driving the car, and taking a right turn.

“It’s my mistake. I shouldn’t have let her go. I shouldn’t have told her to go away from my life” Garv accused himself, hitting his head back on the seat.

“Sir please don’t blame yourself” Hriday tried making understand him, consoling him with his words.

“Whose fault it was?”Garv yelled, his hand punching the window.

The car halted in front of the hospital where they witnessed the arrival and departure of ambulances, the shifting of bodies on ventilators, and their family members crying and shrieking in misery.

My heavy legs though they rebelled moving, my willpower worked against it to make a way to the reception area of the hospital.

“Avantik...Avantika Kanwar Shaktawat” I said, trying not to panic at these circumstances.

“She is around 26. I guess someone must have arrived here in the last half an hour” Hriday added, his hand calming me placing it on my shoulder.

“Wait a minute,” The receptionist said, quickly checking the computer screen.

“Dr.Adarsh Singh is handling the case. You can meet him on the second-” My footsteps hastened without hearing her words towards the staircase as I couldn’t waste my time waiting for the lift.

Avantika, I won’t let anything happen to you. Please kuldevi maa be with her. I reached the second floor and noticed a doctor exiting the ICU, putting a stethoscope around his white coat.

“Dr.Adarsh?” I enquired, while my eyes tried looking into the ICU with a sense of concern aiming to find out about her.

“Yeah,” He responded.

“Did somebody get admitted within the last thirty to forty minutes? Her name is Avantika” I asked trying to seek details from him.

“Yeah, she met with an accident and she got severe injuries in her head and unfortunately her leg got fractured too along with some injury on her abdomen”

“Are you sure it’s Avantika?” I clarified as I can’t bear to see her in this state.

“Yes Mr.Chauhan, she is Avantika. Don’t worry, we are trying our best” and he left after assuring.

“Garv sir, how can this happen to her?” I heard Hriday speaking and I was scared enough to even head towards the room in which she was admitted but I inhaled a breath and walked, stood near the gate, and peeked into it through the circular glass of the door.

Her forehead was covered in a bandage, her right leg was in a cast, and she had IV drips inserted into her hand as she slept with her eyes closed.

It has happened because of me. I am the reason for it. I shouldn’t have allowed her to go after the argument. The option to stop her was available rather I chose to ask her to go away from my life.

“Garv Sir” Hriday handed me a water bottle but I denied it. I noticed a man wearing a brown shirt, approaching me and joined his hand to greet us.

“Bitiya ke piche aur saamne se do gaadiya aayi aur uss chakkar mai nikal rahi thi aur truck se takra gai aur unn gaadiyo mai se ekne inko apne niche kuchal diya” He informed and also mentioned how he tried stopping them but he couldn’t so he brought her to the hospital with the help of ambulance.

(Two cars approached her from both directions and she got hit by a truck while escaping from them but one of those cars passed by crushing her body under it)

“Kuchal diya matlab?” I asked while my eyes widened.

(Crushed?)

“Truck jaane ke baad woh gaaadiyo ne U turn le liya bitiya ke uppar chadadi isse pehle jau bachane”

(The cars took a U-turn after the truck left the sight, crushing her beneath it before I could go and save her)

Does that mean it wasn’t an accident? It is an attempt to kill her and a specifically planned one.

“Bhaiya aap yehi rahege police ka statement ke liye,” I asked him as I decided to file a case and he is the only eye-witness of it.

(Please stay here for the police statement.)

“Ye police ke chakkar mai nahi padna muje” He begged joining his hands.

“Arre aap gabrao mat, ham hai aapke sath” I assured and after convincing he agreed to provide the statement.

(Don't worry we are with you)

I dialed a number and waited for someone to pick “Inspector Trivedi, I have a case and I want you to be here in E.S hospital” and I informed him everything before he could arrive there.

How can someone do this to her? Her body was crashed down by those cars, I can’t imagine the amount of pain she suffered when those tires crossed her body. Avantika, I am sorry. I am sorry I wasn’t with you.

“Sir, don’t panic. You have to stay strong” I heard Hriday but my eyes looked inside of the ICU through the glass only to see a cut on her cheek.

You know Mr.Chauhan, I used to have chubby cheeks. I hope you remember when we met for the first time.

I still remember how you corrected me when I called you Gaurav Singh Chauhan.

This is what everyone assumes about me when they meet me for the first time- I am rude and arrogant.

My mind unwillingly recalled all her words which she mentioned this afternoon when we were cooking together.

My job is tough. I lost one of my colleagues a few months back when he was highlighted in the high-profile case. - suddenly I remembered her mentioning this today and Hriday’s words grabbed my attention when he informed me about the arrival of the police.

The witness answered all their questions after I assured him of his safety and the inspector questioned me “Mr.Chauhan, is there anyone who can be involved in this?”

I am one hundred percent sure it was planned after hearing the witness’s words. That day one who gave me twenty five minutes time limit, then the attack after we landed here in Mumbai, and tonight's incident-is it Nishant? It’s definitely him.

“Nishant Shergill” I answered without giving a second thought.

“Okay we will start the investigation and once the patient gains consciousness we will record her statement” and they left along with the witness.

My phone started ringing and my best friend’s name was displayed on the screen. I drank water to relax myself and answered “Hi Dhruv, is everything alright? You have called me at this time” making sure I didn't give him any hint from my side.

“Hi, where is Avantika?” How did he find out? What if he questions further? I can’t face his questions. A shiver entered my body causing my hands to tremble and I found a chair to sit on.

“Garv, where is Avantika?Her phone is unreachable” I heard his voice bringing back my attention to his question.

“Why?”

“Aapsa has been admitted to hospital due to a heart attack and we both are leaving for Hyderabad within one hour” His voice reflected concern and I tried controlling my tears as I couldn't let him know about the situation here. nobody deserves this. Both father and daughter are fighting for their lives at the same time.

"Garv,where is Avantika?" His loud voice tried to find the answer.

“Actually- actually Avantika is out of town for an important case. I met yesterday before she left.” I lied as I didn’t want him to know about her accident. Her family needs him the most and I am here with her.

“Okay but please don’t inform her otherwise you know how she is”

“Can I join you in Hyderabad?” I offered.

“No thanks. If we need any help, I will inform you but please don’t inform Avantika until she returns to Mumbai”

“I won’t. Update me about the situation over there” and he disconnected the call but my eyes stared at the door of the room in which she was admitted.

I am unable to find a single reason to stay calm. After hearing Dhruv's words, the guilt in my heart is making me accused of her condition. My body is witnessing an absence of courage to inform her family about her sudden accident but I think shouldn't let anyone know about it otherwise they won't be able to face it.

THE NEXT AFTERNOON

“Garv Sir it’s almost 2.30 pm. You should eat something. You didn’t even drink your morning tea. Avantika ma’am will be fine soon. Vinayakan won’t disappoint us” Hriday offered me a cup of tea but I refused as my throat restricted the movement to eat or drink anything since last night.

“Sir, please. You know you are prone to stress especially if you stay hungry, you will spoil your health soon” He explained sitting next to me.

“It has been more than fourteen hours but there is zero improvement in her health” I answered, wiping my tears.

“Sir, please.”

“It’s my fault, Hriday. It’s my fault. Why did I ask to go away from my life?” I hugged her and burst into tears.

“I don’t want to lose her. I don’t want to. Mai khudko badal dunga. Jesa use pasand hai wesa ban jaunga. Mera bachpana… mera bachpana nahi pasand nahi koi baat nahi. Garv aaj se wesa nahi hoga. Serious .. mature jesa chaiye na. Ban jaunga par woh uth kyu nahi rahe hai? Pain bhi hoga na.. Kal woh uncle keh rahe the na kuchal diya meri Avantika ko. Hriday kehna aasan tha jaane ka par dar lag raha hai unhe khone ka sochkr,mai jeete jee marr jaunga ” I cried on his shoulder and his hand patted me continuously to ease my condition.

( I will change myself. I will try to be as she wants. She doesn't like my childishness, no problem. I won't be that Garv. She wants me to be a mature or serious one. I will but why isn't she waking up? She must be having pain. Yesterday that uncle told me how they harmed my Avantika. Htiday, it's easy to go away but I am scared even by the thought of losing her, I won't be able to live)

“Sir, Avantika ma’am will be fine soon. She will open her eyes and believe me- she will warn us, Mr.Chauhan, don’t try to act over smart. Hriday, ask your sir to not behave as if he knows me” He repeated her words and hugged me.

………..

Dr.Adarsh is examining her condition while we waited in the corridor. My eyes noticed Nishant approaching along with the secretary, his footsteps quickly narrowing the distance between us.

“Garv, how dare you try to spoil my name?” He burst his anger.

“Excuse me?” I asked, getting up from the bench.

“I won’t do this. Did you get it?” He argued.

“It’s you, Nishant. I know how lower you could go” I replied after realizing what his words pointed.

“Oh really, I won’t lower my level to do anything with that side chick Avantika”

“I will kill you Nishnat if you repeated this” I warned, grabbing him by his collar.

“That’s true. Why is she with you? Why did she join you in Delhi? I know all the talks circulating on social media” He forcefully removed my hands from his collar.

“It’s you, Garv who is lowering yourself by being with her, I know such girls. What if I say it's her plan to gain fake sympathy? I wouldn’t spit on the ground she walks”

I hit him as I wouldn’t tolerate a single word on her character.

“Hurt? Garv Singh Chauhan is hurt.” He responded shamelessly.

“One more word and I will destroy your life, Nishant. Just because I avoid controversies don’t assume I would stay silent, I will make you regret it. Garv Singh Chauhan will make you regret each word you spoke Nishant Shergill” I glared at him and Dr.Adarsh interrupted “This is a hospital, kindly maintain the decorum”

“Sorry,” I said and Nishant repeated.

“I haven’t done anything but you will regret Garv, now you will see what Nishant Shergill can actually do” And he turned to walk away.

“You will see who actually Garv Singh Chauhan is,” I replied and walked away from the corridor to meet the doctor to know the reports arrived after the test.

I knocked on the door of the cabin asking permission to enter only to notice the doctor checking the reports.

“Good evening Mr.Chauhan.Have a seat” He offered and I sat on the chair opposite to him.

“Good evening. Is there any improvement in the condition?” I questioned him straight to the point.

“I won’t hide it but the way she met with the accident and the injuries are quite serious. If she gains consciousness within two days, it’s good otherwise” He stopped before completing his answer but I noticed a concern in his eyes.

“Otherwise what?” I grew tense after hearing his response.

“Her head injury is severe. There are huge chances of memory loss if not coma. Also, her leg is injured badly resulting in a fracture, I shouldn’t say this but it is damaged internally so badly that we don’t know if she will be able to walk or not- she can be physically handicapped for a lifetime. Rest we can pray for her well-being”

What? Coma? Memory loss? Handicap? My rivalry resulted in this. I hid my face in my hands, trying to process whatever he said, and regretted the last night's decision of asking her to go away from my eyes. Nahi,kuldevi maa nahi. Maine bas door jaane ko kaha tha aap toh cheenne ki zidd par ho. Agar woh chal nahi paai toh, unka career? Kya kahunga unki family ko ki mere kaaran ye hua? meri dushmani ki saja unki beti ko mili.

(I asked her to go away but you are snatching her away from my life. What if she isn't able to walk, her career? How I will inform her family that it happened because of me? Their daughter is punished due to my rivalry.)

‘Mr.Chauhan” I heard the doctor speaking and I raised my head, taking a deep breath.

“Okay, Thankyou” I raised and walked out of the cabin, heading towards the ICU to see her.

“Sir, is everything fine?” Hriday questioned after seeing me and I informed him everything.

“What? Handicap?”

“He said even he isn’t sure about it but there are quite high chances” I replied and sat on the bench as I am not brave enough to even look at her now.

This morning when I saw her glimpse- it caused an ache in my heart. The forehead from which she used to remove her hair is covered with a bandage, the anklets which I used to make her wear anklets, are now covered with plaster and how can I forget the cuts on her face?

I am sorry Avanti. I don’t deserve you. If his words turned out true, I wouldn’t forgive myself.

•••••••••••••

CH 13 IS NOW AVAILABLE ON SCROLLSTACK WEBSITE.  LINK IS IN THE BIO.

Don't forget to check the spotify playlist under the part named “The Playlist”.

I hope you all enjoyed reading it. How is the chapter? Don't forget to vote and comment down below

For more updates and spoilers, you can follow me on instagram - avinaphile.

Take care and see you in the next chapter

Avina ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 262 20
Ridhika who don't believe in love anymore and Darshan who loved only her from their childhood. What happens when destiny puts them together?
676K 45.7K 72
"𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛 - 𝙸𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚜 .." Advika - A wannabe one of the known...
16.9K 1K 16
Short love story : Dawn "DONT MESS WITH ME OTHERWISE I WOULD MESS YOUR WHOLE FUCKING LIFE". Meanwhile Travis " Your presence in my life itself has br...
184K 14.7K 45
Discontinued ⚰️ ❝𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞̨𝐫, 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠..❞ 𝐄𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥...