LOVE is in the air.

By Adrita_810

Just Some short stories. It's just an attempt to write down the random scenes that come into my mind... Most... More

Shantiniketan.
Rivals?
Destiny?

Destiny? (part 2)

32 1 4
By Adrita_810

Previously on Destiny:

"Thanks, it was a great evening, you don't make a bad company," he said as I got down from the bike, in front of my apartment gate.

"I know," I said smugly.

"Erm....umm... I have to tell you something," he said hesitantly.

Continued...

"Go on?" I replied. He had to say something? Isn't this how the people in books confess...

"Are you free on Saturday?"

"Yeah, but why?"

"You know, the new amusement park you were talking about? You told Rishit that you wanted to go there? I got some free tickets from my uncle," he said. His uncle gave him the tickets? Too much of a coincidence, ain't it?

"Your uncle?"

"Yeah, the same one who gave me the match tickets."

"Really? You want me to go there with you?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"You know, people usually don't take their best friend's sister to amusement parks," I said. Who asks another person to go out with them, that too to an amusement park?

"But friends can hang out together, can't they?"

Vaibhav's P.O.V.

She really had to ask me that? Who's going to tell her I want to spend time with her mainly because over the past 6 months I have grown to like her? Please don't ask me how, I am unaware of it myself. The only thing I know is that when I'm with her there's this strange happiness I feel, and when it's time for me to part with her, I wish time could freeze so we could stay together longer. Like now...

"Yeah, right," she said a bit disappointed? Was I assuming things, or was she actually disappointed because I called what we have a friendship? Nah, probably just me overthinking.

"So, when do we meet up? and where?"

"I guess, be ready by 3:30, I'll pick you up at 3:35."

"Okay Bye."

________________________________________________________________________________

Rishika's P.O.V.

"Rishu, Vaibhav ke saath ja rahi hai tu? but why? Why would he ask you to go with him, uske to relatives ki kaami nahi hai," Rishit asked probably for the zillionth time in the past 4 days?

"Tu mujhe ullu bana rahi hai kya? Kisi aur ke saath tera jane ka plan hai na? Aur wo Vaibhav tujhe help kar raha hai?" {Translation: You are trying to fool me right? You wanted to go out with that date of yours, so Vaibhav was helping you get my free permission.}

I swear I'll start WWIII if he asks me that for another time. Log kinta ulta phulta soch sakte hai, agar I had to go out with a guy, I would have said that to his face and left! I am an adult, capable of making independent decisions! Who's going to make Rishit realise that I wasn't his five-year-old sister?

"BYE!" I shouted slamming the main gate in his face.

On reaching the complex gate, I found Vaibhav was already waiting there with his bike. He's before time, honestly, I think he would make a really good boyfriend. Universe thought it was fun to make a fool out of me, by showing how good a boyfriend material Vaibhav was, although there was probably 0.01% of us dating. Who was I kidding? Probably I wasn't even Vaibhav's type.

Vaibhav's P.O.V.

Sara jag chad ke baas tenu hi hai chuneya

The daarya song from the Manmarziyaan movie, my favourite song, was blasting in my AirPods.

Yaar Rishika saara jag chadke tuhje choose nahi karega.

You don't need an enemy when you have a brain like this, who keeps on mocking you all the time.

bhai, you could have stayed home and studied for the semester exams, she's never going to like you, somehow if she does fall for you, you two won't be able to date, it is against the bro code.

Told you, my brain's the world's greatest pessimist!

I even was wearing my absolute best clothes, (according to me of course, Rishit always said I looked like a chomu), a black shirt with black jeans. Mainly because I knew Rishika had an unhealthy obsession with black.

On feeling a gaze I turned to find Rishika coming out of the complex gate. Damn, I am sure there isn't anyone prettier on this planet than her, at least that's my opinion. Even in that black denim shorts and almost see-through white top, she looked nothing less than a goddess.

"Vaibhav ji? Back to earth," Rishika's words broke my trance. God, she caught me staring! I could actually write a book - "101 Ways to Be in an embarrassing situation in front of your crush."

"Hop on," with that, she was on the bike with me. But then she wrapped her hands around my waist. Like what happens every time, this time too my body stiffened. Yeah, she had this sort of a hold on me. Suddenly she removed her hands and placed them on my shoulders, nooo! The first hand placement was good enough.

"You know, I don't mind, we'll be riding at a considerably good speed, so you might want to hold on tightly," I said.

"I thought you weren't comfortable with that because of the way you stiffened."

"Nah it is okay."

For most of the rest of the ride, I didn't know about her, but I enjoyed it. Being this close to her, getting to smell that signature minty fragrance, and having her hands wrapped around my waist, was pure bliss to me.

When we finally entered into the amusement park, the smile on her face, made my day. How can someone's smile be this pretty. And this was the moment I realised how bad I had fallen for her.

"Let's go to that 360° rollercoaster," she almost squealed with happiness.

"Yea let's go."

Now first things first I had forgotten how scary these rides were. Like was it really a good idea to turn us upside down? And that definitely triggered my reverse peristaltic movement of the oesophagus. Amidst all this, Rishika seemed unaffected. She was smiling, gigling, even screaming occasional 'woho' s from time to time. With a lot of effort and I managed to stop myself from vomiting, and actually having her by my side was advantageous as I could distract myself.

"That ride was super cool!"

"Yeah", I said in a feeble voice.

"You okay? You don't look so."

"I am fi-

Before I could finish speaking, I threw up. Thankfully I was able to do so in the dustbin that was nearby. God! Puking in front of your crush? Not the best scenarios.

After supplying me with some water, and sprinkling some of it on my neck, she asked, "Better?"

"Yea, sorry, just that-

"It's fine I get it, if you don't feel okay, we could just sit somewhere and relax."

"Nah It's okay, you wanted to get on all the rides and we'll do it."

"Hey, it's fine, I could get on the rides some other time."

"Nah, we'll do it today."

With that, we went for all the rides one by one. Thankfully for the rest of the time, I didn't feel sick, nor did I puke. Seeing Rishika's eyes lightup everytime we got on a new ride, got me smiling too. I realised the way I was looking at her, it wouldn't be hard for anyone to guess how much I liked her. That outgoing spirit, that friendly attitude, those lovely eyes, sweet face, all that had mesmerized me.

The only problem was I had no idea about how she felt. Should I confess? What if she rejects? That would probably mean, she wouldn't go out with me like this anymore, probably would think I am weird, probably-

Kab se probably probably karta hi ja raha he, yaar confess karke to dekh. Maybe I'll work out, aur nahi bhi hua to what's the problem, you can handle a rejection, although things wouldn't be the same, but that would not mean that you both won't be friends anymore.

Woah, my pessimist brain id saying this? Although it ain't completely wrong, confess karne mein problem kaha hai? Right?

"Do you not like amusement parks? Kab se dekh rahi hu, you are thinking about something," she said.

"No I love amusement parks, lets go to the Ferris wheel, bohut accha view ha upar se," I replied.

"Sure."

Once we were on the Ferris wheel, I made up my mind that I would confess. Kismat mein Jo hai, dekha jayega.

"Rishika, I have something to say. Don't be weirded out-

"Wait, I want to say something too, I'll go first, I like you, and it's not casual, I genuinely do. Ever since the day you took me home, after that date, there was this weird feeling everytime I met you, a strange happiness. I feel a great sense of comfort when I'm with you, and honestly, I know, I probably am rambling, probably you don't feel the same way, but that's okay. I just had to get it off my chest-

Before I could realise what was happening, Vaibhav's lips were on mine. HE WAS KISSING ME! VAIBHAV WAS KISSING ME! And people, that wasn't any ordinary kiss, it was the kiss which can sweep off your feet. The chemistry that we have is undeniable. My hands in his hair, his hand on my neck, pure bliss. Mil gayi mujhe meri Bollywood wali sunset kiss. It was intoxicating.

Finally when we stopped, we were completely out of our breaths.

"I like you too."

With that he kissed me again. If he keeps doing this, I am worried that I would die out of happiness.
____________________________________

Good news guys! Vaibhav is my boyfriend! And a really good one. Although we had a hard time convincing Rishit, but finally he gave in.

After the day at the amusement park, a lot changed.

"Babe, Chinese ya South Indian?" Vaibhav asked.

"Chinese"

Guessed it right, we are on a date.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello guys, Adrita here. I know you probably wouldn't like this part, mainly because I didn't too. Was having a writer's block. Rest assured, you'll get more of Vaibhav and Rishika. For now, I hope you find this okay-ish. Thank you for being patient and if you really are reading this, I would say that you've got a lot of patience to read this. I promise next one won't be like this one. Thank you for supporting my work and giving it a reading.

~Adrita.

P.S. Ankita and Aviroop will be back soon <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 177 34
The story is about an Indian girl who is selected as a k-pop idol for the group "Blackpink". Y/n has a dream to become an k-pop idol and somehow she...
8K 499 16
A regular teenage girl shifts to a new more fancy school where she meets someone who gets on her veins as well as her heart <3 Let's see how she get...
20.5K 919 54
"A Desi Indian Love Story With Mafia Vibes." ~~~ "I had my love at a first sight." "I was his best friend and I f...
474 49 13
!! RESUMED !! Story of two best friends and growing together with each other. Them falling for each other with time. Situations made them get married...