Muted (穆然)

By shumeya20

Alternate Title : 穆然 Status : Completed Author : Gu JunNovel Summary If there really is a God, if there reall... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17 (END)
1 (mu ran life continued )
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58 (END)
extra
extra 2

40

1.6K 31 0
By shumeya20

Mu Ran continued 40
2023-11-07 11:30 Category: Mu RanTurn off the lights

Mu Ran filled a bowl of rice from the restaurant, added some vegetable soup, poured in some mustard he brought from home, and sat at the door of the kitchen to eat his lunch.

Wang Qin's voice scolding Li Ping came from the living room at the back of the house. Occasionally, Li Ping's crying words of rebuttal were suppressed by Wang Qin's louder voice.

This is not the first time the mother and daughter have quarreled. Li Ping failed to pass the college entrance examination and had no intention of studying anymore. She wanted to learn makeup. Wang Qin used her house to open a restaurant. She thought it would be fine if Li Ping didn't study, and she could help in the restaurant. As for learning how to put on makeup, don't even think about it.

The two mother and daughter had been quarreling for three days. At first, Mu Ran tried to persuade her, but later Wang Qin shut her down by saying, "Who do you think you are? It's your turn to take care of my family's affairs." From then on, whenever the two mothers and daughters quarreled, Mu Ran would stay away from them and would not even ask a question.

Amidst Wang Qin's sharp scolding, there was a sudden sound of turning plastic bags outside the small courtyard. Mu Ran was stunned for a moment, then immediately stood up and ran out of the courtyard.

The garbage bags piled up against the wall were overturned on the ground. A wild cat put most of its body into the bag and rummaged for food. When it heard the footsteps of people, the wild cat stretched out its head warily and moved its ears slightly. .

As soon as Mu Ran ran to the door, he saw the cat using its feet, leaping onto the high wall and disappearing in an instant.

There was no one around, and Mu Ran felt a little disappointed when he looked at the garbage that was turned over all over the floor. So many days have passed, and he has never seen the child again. He also looked around during the lunch break when no one was in the store, but saw no one. Sometimes he would guess whether she had been found by her family, or whether she had a place to live, but every time he comforted himself like this, he felt more and more uneasy.

Probably because of his life experience, he has never been able to remain indifferent. Every time he thinks of the child with his head buried in his mouth eating cakes, he feels as if he has been pricked by a thorn. And she was too young. If she still wandered around or was caught by some uneasy and well-meaning people... Mu Ran didn't dare to think about it.

"Mu Ran! Where is the person?!" Wang Qin's unhappy voice came from the room. Mu Ran put back the broom he brought from the yard for cleaning, and entered the house in response to the voice.

It was almost eight o'clock when I finished my work at the restaurant in the evening.

Wang Qin had a quarrel with her daughter today. Li Ping went out in anger in the afternoon and hasn't come back yet. Wang Qin has been in a bad mood, and she doesn't even have a good look towards Mu Ran. Mu Ran doesn't take it seriously and helps. After packing up his things, he left the restaurant.

Now is the liveliest time outside, students gather in small groups, and there is laughter and laughter everywhere. Mu Ran walked through the crowd and was occasionally bumped into by crazy students. When the other party apologized in a panic, he would smile and say it was okay.

He had been at this age and had this kind of time before, but he had never laughed as happily as they did. In the days ahead, he was busy worrying about tuition fees and living expenses. He gritted his teeth and saved bit by bit, making up for here and there, and finally managed to survive. The following days, the following days, he met someone...

Mu Ran burst out laughing when he thought of this. It was always like this. Inadvertently and without any warning, this person would pop into his mind, and the memories that were pressed deepest in his heart would also start to stir up.

In fact, he left the nursing home half a year ago. At that time, Secretary Jiang said that as long as he did not stay in the city, he could be satisfied no matter where he wanted to go, how much money he wanted, or what other conditions he had.

But he didn't want anything. He stayed in the nursing home for 2 months. The doctors, nurses, food and accommodation were all the best. The Yi family didn't owe him anything.

Secretary Jiang didn't force it, she just gave him her contact number and arranged for him to come to the south as he wished. After many twists and turns, he finally stayed in Jinxi District and found a job in a small restaurant next to the school.

In fact, the economy here is not developed, and when it is mentioned by outsiders, it is always referred to as backward and poor. But the mountains and rivers here are green and the pace of life is very slow. Mu Ran felt that this was a suitable place for him to spend the rest of his life.

He arrived at his destination in a blink of an eye. Mu Ran stopped his thoughts, took out the key, opened the door, turned on the light, and entered the house.

The house is a bit old and not big, with just one living room and one bedroom. The enclosed balcony has been converted into a kitchen, and there is a simple and narrow bathroom next to it. There is a fire in the house. It is a stove used by many people here. There is a pipe connected to the side of the stove that leads directly to the outside. Usually, as long as you add some coal or briquettes to the middle of the stove and cover the fire cover, the house can be filled with fire. It is very warm and the gas will be discharged along the pipe without leaving a strong smell.

Mu Ran took off his coat, took the fire tongs hanging under the stove, and prepared to go outside to pick up more coal to burn. But just as he walked to the coal shed, through the light of the house, he saw a rag placed in the coal shed. woven bag. The bag is large and is usually used by students to carry books when moving their luggage. Mu Ran put down the tongs and reached out to pick up the bag strangely. Unexpectedly, as soon as he opened the bag, he saw a child curled up and sleeping inside.

It was dark in the coal shed and it was difficult to see the child's face clearly, but Mu Ran recognized the black loose coat. Mu Ran quickly opened the bag and tried to hold the child, but the child did not resist or even react at all. He was startled and stretched out his hand to touch the child's face, but his tentacles were scalding hot.

Mu Ran could no longer care about anything else and quickly carried her into the house. Only through the light could he see clearly that the child's face was red, her mouth was open, and her breath was filled with scalding heat. Mu Ran immediately took off the child's coat, which was obviously stained with water and became heavy. He grabbed his own coat and wrapped the child tightly. He picked up the wallet and keys, picked up the child and ran out as fast as he could. outside the door.

The hospital was too far away, so Mu Ran went to the nearest clinic on the street. This is the peak season for colds, and there are still many people in the clinic dripping with water at this time. Dr. Liu, who was pulling out the needle, heard the voice behind her. When she turned her head, she saw Mu Ran panting and sweating profusely. She turned back and continued her movements, but she kept saying comforting words: "Don't panic, I'll do it right away." Just come here."

Mu Ran gasped and couldn't speak, so he stood there holding the child and nodded.

Doctor Liu finished pulling out the patient's needle, then turned around and took Mu Ran to sit down on the bench in the room. While untying the coat covering the child and taking her temperature, he asked Mu Ran about the specific situation. When she heard that the child was The street boy that Mu Ran picked up looked up at Mu Ran in slight surprise.

The child's fever reached 39 degrees Celsius and she was groggy and lethargic. The doctor did not dare to delay any longer and directly prepared medicine to give her fluids. The two available beds in the house were occupied, so Mu Ran could only sit on the bench and hold the child. The child smelled bad. The woman sitting next to Mu Ran glanced at him unhappily and moved her buttocks further away. Mu Ran held the child tightly and moved it to the side.

As time passed, there were fewer and fewer people in the clinic, and finally only the two of them were left. Mu Ran looked at the doctor who was standing next to him and looked a little tired, and said he was sorry.

Dr. Liu didn't mind. She came over and tested the child's temperature. Seeing that the condition was a little better, she comforted Mu Ran and even chatted with Mu Ran with a smile.

Her own child was a few years older than the child Mu Ran was holding. After hearing how Mu Ran picked up the child, she felt a little moved. She thought about it and said to Mu Ran: "Well, if you don't worry, wait. After the child was drained, I took her to the house to take a bath and check her out." After a pause, Dr. Liu continued: "These wandering children will have some unfortunate experiences, and I don't know if this child Are there any other injuries on the body?"

Mu Ran listened to her in a daze, and then almost immediately wanted to stand up and say thank you, but just as he made a move, he realized that he was holding a child in his arms, and quickly sat down carefully, blushing with embarrassment. Keep saying thank you. Seeing how excited and incoherent the doctor was, the doctor couldn't help laughing, and sighed in his heart that he had once met such a good person who could only be seen on TV news.

The author has something to say:

I had already decided to update the article during the holidays so I won't talk nonsense. But that's really what happened. I didn't write about Mu Ran and the children to show how much of a holy mother or holy father he is. I just wanted to find someone who would never let him down or make him sad. . He is sincere to him from beginning to end. He only protects his people. This kind of setting is impossible for Yi Tian. If he creates a second attacker, he will just be cannon fodder. It's boring. His love will never be perfect. His family relationship has been seriously injured. But at least there is warmth and expectation. So give it to him. Let's take a break for a while because we have already killed so many people. The opening scene of Yi Tian finding Mu Ran a year later and repeating "Go back with me" and "I won't go back" is not interesting either. So Yi Tian's dialogue The highlight is later. In fact, I think a lot of things have become very clear here. If you don't like Mu Ran and just want to see the end of the girl with obsessive-compulsive disorder, there is no need to chase the girl. They will be together in the end. Don't worry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 2.6K 29
in which two single parents fall in love. COMPLETED
45K 1.8K 9
Reborn to Live Without You Short story inspired by Chinese translation Fei Pin Ying Qiang He was once a Male bedwarmer for the Second Prince. But he...
2.9M 54.5K 17
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
805K 68.1K 35
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...