Muted (穆然)

By shumeya20

Alternate Title : 穆然 Status : Completed Author : Gu JunNovel Summary If there really is a God, if there reall... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17 (END)
1 (mu ran life continued )
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58 (END)
extra
extra 2

14

2K 55 0
By shumeya20

Mu Ran continued 14
2023-11-07 11:14 Category: Mu RanTurn off the lights

The next day Yi Tian called Xu Ran and told him about Mu Ran's condition last night. Xu Ran was not surprised. Mu Ran had been taking medicine for so long and Yi Tian was taking care of him every day. It was only a matter of time before his condition improved.

Xu Ran was inspired by this incident and thought of going to Aunt Li. Aunt Li was one of the few people Mu Ran cared about. Meeting her might make Mu Ran feel touched. She could also ask about the relationship between Mu Ran and his mute mother. matter of time. Yi Tian also agreed with this idea. He happened to have Aunt Li's address here and gave it to Xu Ran.

Xu Ran didn't call He Xudong, but drove there by looking for the address.

She was also lucky, Aunt Li came back just in time to pack her things. Her husband was almost well. After discussion, the couple decided to stay in the same city. The mute woman was gone, and Aunt Li had no worries here. This time she was ready to leave completely.

Aunt Li was still a little confused when she saw Xu Ran. After hearing Xu Ran's intention, the descendants couldn't sit still and asked repeatedly: "What's wrong with Xiao Mu? Isn't he discharged from the hospital? What kind of disease is this?" Aunt Li came back. Later, she went to the hospital to find Mu Ran, but Mu Ran had been discharged and did not leave any news for her. She remembered what Mu Ran had said to her before, and thought that Mu Ran had left here and gone to another city.

Xu Ran comforted her, "Don't worry, come with me to see him. I'll tell you the details on the way."

Aunt Li nodded in agreement, pulled down the sleeves on her hands and wanted to follow Xu Ran. But after taking two steps, she suddenly stopped and turned around hurriedly to rummage through something in the cabinet.

Xu Ran stood at the door and waited patiently for her. After a while, Aunt Li came out, holding something wrapped several times in a white cloth bag. Xu Ran didn't ask what it was, but waited for Aunt Li to lock the door before taking the people in the car to Yi Tian's house.

After getting in the car, Aunt Li kept frowning and looking out the window, holding the white bag tightly in her hand. Xu Ran noticed her uneasiness and smiled and talked to her to relax her mood: "Aunt Li, you just left with me, aren't you afraid that I am a liar?"

Sure enough, Aunt Li burst out laughing, "You are such a beautiful girl and you drive a small car. How can you lie to me?" Aunt Li doesn't understand cars. In her eyes, cars are divided into small cars and big cars. How could she know that Xu The "small car" Ran drove was something she and her wife could not afford even if they struggled their whole lives to buy two wheels.

Xu Ran chuckled: "Don't tell me, today's liars don't look like liars."

Aunt Li looked at her suspiciously.

Xu Ran smiled so hard that his eyes rolled, "I'm kidding you."

Aunt Li smiled and breathed a sigh of relief.

Xu Ran relaxed a little when she saw the person, and then started to tell her the specific situation of Mu Ran. Aunt Li listened quietly, and her eyes became red when Xu Ran said that Mu Ran committed suicide and suffered from some kind of depression and didn't even recognize the person.

They talked like this all the way, and when the car entered the community where Yi Tian's home was located, Aunt Li saw those exquisite and elegant single-family villas through the car window, and she felt more and more uneasy.

When they arrived at Yi Tian's house, Xu Ran parked the car and took Aunt Li in. Aunt Li was speechless. For a person like her, the most beautiful and luxurious places she has ever seen were the lobbies of several-star hotels on the roadside, and she could only see them through glass doors. She had never been to such a place before.

Aunt Li looked at the bright marble floor tiles under her feet and did not dare to move forward. Xu Ran walked a few steps and found that no one was following her. When she was about to speak, Aunt Li looked at her and asked awkwardly: "My Your shoes are dirty, do you want to change them?"

Hearing this, the aunt who opened the door for them quickly came over and said with a smile: "No need to change, no need to change, just go in." Aunt Li was still hesitant, so Xu Ran came over to comfort her and took her into the living room.

Yi Tian and Mu Ran were sitting on the sofa in the living room. Yi Tian was feeding Mu Ran medicine. When he saw Aunt Li and Xu Ran coming in, Yi Tian stood up and politely greeted Aunt Li.

Aunt Li had met Yi Tian before, but she was still immersed in sadness at the time, so she didn't pay much attention to him and just regarded him as an ordinary friend of Mu Ran. Now that I see people again, I don't know why I feel a little scared. She is not stupid, she knows that it is impossible for an ordinary person to live in such a place.

Aunt Li returned Yi Tian's greeting with some anxiety. Then she noticed Mu Ran, who had been sitting on the sofa with no reaction. Aunt Li couldn't care about anything else for the moment. She walked over and took Mu Ran's hand, calling her Several times: "Xiao Mu? Xiao Mu?" Mu Ran followed the voice and looked at her, but his eyes were still dull.

Aunt Li was a little anxious, "I'm Aunt Li! Don't you recognize me? Say something!" Although she had heard Xu Ran talk about Mu Ran's situation in the car, she still didn't understand. She didn't know what depressive stupor was, but she just thought it was because Mu Ran was in a low mood and unwilling to talk to others. It would definitely be better if he could be persuaded more. Now that I saw Mu Ran like this with my own eyes, I felt a little panicked.

Mu Ran blinked and returned his gaze to the front, without any reaction at all.

"How could this happen...how could he do this..." Aunt Li looked back at Xu Ran helplessly, her voice choked with sobs.

Xu Ran looked at her sad expression and was speechless for a moment.

Aunt Li turned her head and patted Mu Ran on the shoulder, crying: "You kid, why do you do stupid things... I used to want to sell your kidney... How do you do stupid things..." As she spoke, I couldn't continue talking.

When Xu Ran heard Aunt Li's words, she raised her voice in surprise and asked, "Selling a kidney? Why would he sell a kidney?"

Aunt Li wiped away her tears and replied: "Axiu needs an operation for stomach cancer and we don't have enough money. Xiao Mu wanted to sell his kidney without telling us.

He had contacted everyone, but he didn't go because I found out and stopped him. "

Xu Ran's face looked a little ugly for a moment. She knew that Mu Ran had borrowed money from Yi Tian, but she didn't know that Mu Ran had even considered selling his kidney. She looked up at Yi Tian, who was expressionless, with a mocking look in her eyes.

Xu Ran walked over and helped Aunt Li sit down, then put the tea that Aunt Li had made into her hand, and said softly: "Aunt Li, how did Mu Ran and his mother know each other, can you tell us? "Xu Ran and Yi Tian only knew roughly that the mute woman saved Mu Ran, and Mu Ran treated her as his mother and respected her, but they didn't know the specific situation very clearly.

Aunt Li nodded, stretched out her hand to wipe her tears, and slowly started talking to Yi Tian and Xu Ran.

Yi Tian and Xu Ran listened quietly. Xu Ran spoke softly to comfort Aunt Li in the middle of the conversation. Yi Tian never said a word, but occasionally turned his head and looked at Mu Ran intently, not knowing what he was thinking.

After finishing speaking, Aunt Li put the white cloth bag in her hand on the table, sighed and said: "I forgot about those busy days. I came back to pack things this time and found this bag. This is what Axiu sells garbage for a dime. Yes, when she was alive, she always wanted to give this package to Xiao Mu, but now that she is gone... let me help her fulfill this wish."

The three people fell silent for a moment. After a long while, Yi Tiancai reached out to pick up the bag, untied the knot on it, and pulled down the bag, revealing the yellow cloth bag inside.

The yellow cloth bag was a bit shabby, with a few words printed on it. The color was very light, and I didn't know where it was picked up. Yi Tian opened the zipper and saw some dirty but flattened bills inside. Most of them were a few cents, but there were some one hundred bills at the bottom.

Aunt Li noticed his gaze and said, "Xiao Mu put that in."

Yi Tian stared at the bag for a long time without saying anything. He zipped up the zipper and was about to put the bag back on the table when he heard Xu Ran in front of him exclaim: "Mu Ran?"

Yi Tian turned his head to look, but was stunned in place.

Mu Ran's eyes fell on the yellow cloth bag in his hand. He had no expression on his face and made no sound. He just looked at the bag and shed tears.

Aunt Li also noticed it and called his name several times with a trembling voice, but he didn't respond.

Yi Tian came back to his senses and reached out to wipe Mu Ran's tears, but he put his hand in the air but took it back again. He put the bag in Mu Ran's hand.

Mu Ran's fingers moved, and then slowly, little by little, he squeezed the bag tightly. Tears fell from his eyes and hit the bag one by one. Such low-quality fabric was soaked in one piece.

Aunt Li covered her mouth and cried softly. Xu Ran turned her head and couldn't bear to look. Yi Tian stared at him expressionlessly, but his fingers were clenched into fists and twitching nervously, as if he was suppressing something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 54.6K 17
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
45K 1.8K 9
Reborn to Live Without You Short story inspired by Chinese translation Fei Pin Ying Qiang He was once a Male bedwarmer for the Second Prince. But he...
Broken Bonds By shushu*11

Historical Fiction

29.9K 837 108
WARNING: There are some mature elements in this novel. The readers' discretion is advised. ***** Yan Feili (MC) is a General who fell in love with hi...
642K 29.6K 66
"Pretty boy, surrender that body to us!" "Not even in hell!" Bai Yuan shouted as he ran away from the thugs. Suddenly, a bright light flashed before...