-The Children of Darkness- Th...

By Neverland07112

Aurora Riddle is the daughter of Bellatrix Lestrange and Lord Voldemort. She grew up with her brother Mattheo... More

Author's space
Main characters
Our suffering begins
Getting started
The Return of the Dark Lord P1
IL RITORNO DEL SIGNORE OSCURE (P2)
The train
Welcome to Hogwarts
Slytherin
First Day (P1)
First Day (P2)
Dumbledore's Army
Fragility
Moments of peace and quiet
Xmas holidays
New Headmistress
Rescue plan
Changes
Responsibility
The Half-blood prince
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"
Her mother's daughter
The Last Chance
Sectumsempra
Dumbledore is dead
New us
Family Loyalties and Forbidden Desires
The Weight of Choices

End of the year

89 0 2
By Neverland07112

Aurora's POV
Time later

The sky has darkened and the lights of London reflect in my eyes and the rain caresses my cheeks; we enter an old telephone box.
Harry: Rory turns the dial and dials 62442
Me: 62442
We are startled by a woman's voice echoing in the cabin.
X: Welcome to the Ministry of Magic, please state your name and reason for visiting.
Harry explains that he is here to rescue someone unless the Ministry steps in first.

The lift started to descend quickly and we soon found ourselves in the Ministry, we got out of this kind of lift, there was no one else but us, the only sound came from the big golden fountain with water coming out of several cracks.

We entered the lift, Harry pressed the number nine pulsing wings, the lift gate closed and we began to descend. We stop at the Mysteries office floor and start walking towards the infamous door where Harry believes my father tortured Sirius.

Harry: Here it is...
Harry turns the handle and in a few seconds we all find ourselves in a dark and disturbing circular room, all dark except for torches here and there giving off a chilling blue fire.
Harry: Someone close the door
Me: That's easy to say, there will be a hundred doors here anyway...

Needless to say, the walls begin to rotate quickly and by now any hope of finding the right one has gone to hell.

Ron: How are we going to get back now?
Me: Please Ronald stop whining, we'll find a way, but first we have to find Sirius...
Harry: In the dream I walked through a door and found myself in a room, but it wasn't like this, no... It was a glittering room, I don't know how to explain it...

Then he motions for us to follow him and we enter a random room. We tried about ten times before we got to the right room. The room was dark, the only thing that lit it up were balls filled with a glowing substance, some were brighter than others.

They were affixed with yellowed nameplates.

Ginny: What are they?
Me: Prophecies...

Harry starts walking at a brisk pace...

Harry: 92... 93....94....95...
He freezes and looks at me, confused
Harry: He was here, right here.
Me: Let's have a look around, maybe we'll find a clue...

Neville: Harry, it's got your name on it...
Both Harry and I run towards the prophecy, I'm about to pick it up but I remember I can't, so the axe that picks it up Harry my satisfied smile fades, I approach him trying to hear what the prophecy says, in vain
Me: What does it say?

Harry: It says that... The one who has the power to defeat the Dark Lord will approach... The Dark Lord will point to him as his equal, but he will have a power that the Dark Lord does not know.... Neither of them will be able to live if the other survives.
Me: Done... Is that all it says?
He nods and the crystal ball changes from light blue to grey.

Hermione: Harry, Rory!
We turn abruptly and see a person with a covered face in the distance.
Me: Are you going to give it to me?
I whisper to him
Harry: No, don't worry...

As the figure comes closer, I immediately recognise my uncle's elegant walk and my theory is confirmed when I see the details of his mask.
Harry: Where's Sirius?
X: Where's Sirius?

A woman's voice from the shadows calls out to him and another silhouette can be seen in the distance.

Lucius: You know, you should be able to tell the difference between dreams... and reality.

With his wand, he makes the mask disappear and a grin appears on my face.
Lucius: You've only seen what the Dark Lord wanted you to see... Now give me the prophecy...
Harry: Try to touch it, I'll break it.

He looks at me, but I shake my head as a sign that I won't say anything to jeopardise my reporting; a chilling laugh echoes through the room... That laugh, the same laugh I had heard that night...

Bellatrix: He knows how to play... ltty, bitty, baby Potter!

A woman with curly black hair, very thin, with a hollow and grim face, stands beside my uncle; my heart stops... My uncle turns to her and then looks at me, my hand reaches for the pendant around my neck and I lower my wand...

Neville: Bellatrix Lestrange
Bellatrix: Neville Longbottom, isn't it? How's Mummy & Daddy?
Neville: Better, now they're about to be avenged!
They both raise their wands, but I block Neville and force him to retreat, as does my uncle with my mother...
Me: Easy, Neville...
Lucius: Now... Let's all try to stay calm, shall we? We just want the prophecy...
Harry: Why did Voldemort send me to fetch it? Couldn't she have sent one of her sons to fetch it? Bellatrix: Dare you say her name? YOU FILTHY HALF-BLOOD!
Lucius: It's all right, he's just a curious lab...

I try not to laugh as I see my uncle trying to keep my mother at bay, his expression reminded me a lot of the one he used to have with Mattheo when he lost his temper...

My brother's mask appears next to my mother and she turns and puts a hand on his cheek, he stands motionless with his eyes fixed on me.
Hermione: M.R...
Ginny: What?
Ron: You know Who's son is.

Harry: Answer me!
Lucius: Prophecies can only be revoked by those for whom they were made, which is fortunate...

We all move closer, back to back, the Death Eaters surrounding us and approaching cautiously.
Lucius: Did you ever wonder what the reason was for the bond between you and the Dark Lord? Because he couldn't kill you when you were a baby... Don't you want to know the secret... of the scar on your forehead?

By now the three of them were only a few steps away from us, and it was only then that my mother's eyes met mine, stopping on the pendant I wore around my neck.
Lucius: All the answers... I'm in your hand, you just have to give it to me and I'll show you everything...

Under my brother's watchful gaze, my hand touches Harry's, I feel his fingers loosen and the prophecy touches my hand, but then he pulls back...
Harry: I've waited 14 years...
Lucius: I know.
Harry: I think I can wait a little longer... HOUR!

Everyone casts a spell on the Death Eaters and we start running. Death Eaters dematerialise in front of us, cursing us or telling Harry to tell him a prophecy. One of them manages to hit Luna, but no one notices that the girl is in danger, so I run back to her.
Me: Pietrficus Totalus

I help Luna to get up and we start running again.
Me: Are you okay, blonde?
Luna: Thanks...
Me: No problem

We find ourselves at a point in the maze with the others; Neville's nose was covered in blood, while Ginny was limping. Smoke in the distance catches our eye, my brother's mask and another Death Eater sparkle as they come towards us in a fury.
Ginny: Reducto

I stand still in the cabinet with my eyes wide open and my wand held tight, gasping as the spell hits the silhouettes and a big blue light almost blinds me.
Me: No...

I whisper and my breathing gets harder or I have to scream... MY FUCKING BROTHER! I stand motionless, staring in the direction where that bitch cast the spell, not even noticing the thousand prophecies that fell from the shelves.
Harry grabs my arm and tries to pull me out of there. I'm going to kill her... I'll kill her...
Hermione: Hurry!
We reach the office door and run out... We fall into the void and almost break our faces...

We are in an empty room, the only light comes from the ceiling and illuminates a large stone door with very disturbing voices coming from it, I approach it and bump into Ginny so hard she falls to the floor
Me: Oh, sorry...

Harry: The voices, do you know what they say? Hermione: There's no voice Harry... Let's get away from... It's not safe.
Luna: I feel them too.
Me: Oh, how nice... I'm in the mad club...
Hermione: Harry, it's just a stupid bow, LET'S GO

I'm about to touch the strange veil floating inside the door, but a noise makes me turn round.
Harry: Everyone's behind me...

I hold on to him and put my hand on the prophecy.
Me: Harry, if anything happens to me...
Harry: Okay...
We raise our wands to protect ourselves from the cloud of Death Eaters descending on us; one hand grabs me gently and within seconds we all have a wand pointed at our necks, with Harry in the middle and my uncle in front of him.
I turn to look at the Death Eater who had taken me and my eyes fill with tears as I see my brother's mask, it is broken and a small part of his head is visible, but he would still be unrecognisable, especially with all the blood covering his face.

Mattheo looks at me and winks, and I hold his arm with my hand...
Mattheo: "Did you think you could get rid of me so easily?

My uncle's chuckle echoes in the room.
Lucius: Did you really think... In short, are you really stupid and naive enough to think that children have the slightest chance against us? Let's see if I can make it easier for you... Give me the prophecy now or watch your friends die...

Harry turns to me, I'm still crying for my brother, it's helping me.
Neville: DON'T GIVE IT TO HIM, HARRY!

He stands still, raising his hand to give him the prophecy, but a shining silhouette appears behind my uncle...
Sirius: Stay away from my godson!
Saying this, he throws a punch at him and my uncle falls to the ground, shortly after more shining silhouettes appear and free the others from the Death Eaters' grasp.
Mattheo: Go get the damn prophecy and give it to me when I dematerialise at home.

I nod and run towards Harry who is with Sirius behind a rock.
Harry: Are you all right?
Me: Yeah...
Sirius: Is that you?

Harry nods and my second cousin shakes my hand, his eyes studying me.
Sirius: You look so familiar.

A Death Eater appears in front of us and Sirius stands up and starts to fight, Harry takes my hand and we run between Aurora and the Death Eaters who are clashing with each other.
Harry: Take it, they'll never think you've got it, grab the others and take cover... Helping Sirius
Me: Okay...

We're about to part, but Harry grabs me and kisses me, then runs to the godfather, fighting. I'm stunned for a few seconds, then I turn to look for my uncle, but I don't see him, then I start running towards what I thought was the exit, but a terrible pain hits my life...

Mattheo's POV

I crash an Auror and then look for my little sister, I'm chilled to see her holding her bloody stomach, some idiot took it out on the wrong person.
X: Incarceramus!

Aurora is surrounded by ropes that begin to suffocate her, I run towards her but an Auro begins to attack me.

Aurora's POV

Me: Wait, I... daughter...
I can taste the blood in my mouth, I can't breathe...

Mattheo's Pov
Me: Zilerius

The Auror collapses to the ground trying to breathe, my sister is about to lose consciousness when I see her holding the prophecy in her hand, I raise my wand to stop the idiot but am stopped again...

Rory: Help...

Her hand opens and the prophecy falls to the ground shattering, she closes her eyes and I can't see anymore, with one blow I hurl the dawn away, I hold the wand and with anger in my eyes I scream
Me: Avadakedavra!

The wand emits a green light that hits the Death Eater who falls to the ground, he runs to her but two Aurors try to attack me, one of them, a pink haired woman, sees my sister on the ground and runs to her...

My uncle fights Potter and Siurius doesn't notice anything, only when Harry mentions my sister's name does he turn, stone-faced. However, this distraction causes him to lose the duel and he is disarmed and then falls.
Me: Today is not the day to provoke me.

My mother's giggling echoes through the room as it crashes into an auror, dozens of bangs and curses hitting the walls and leaving burn marks everywhere. I look at the Auror that was holding my sister, she had placed it behind rocks with the other; Hermione puts her hands over her mouth, takes her head in her lap and begins to caress it gently.

A scream grabs my attention and I look towards the centre of the room where a man was holding Harry as Sirius' body disappeared into the white veil. A Death Eater comes up beside me and grabs my arm.
Fenrir Greyback: Come on, boy...

The next evening
We are sitting at the table in Villa Malfoy, most of the chairs are empty, including my uncle's...

X: My brother, where is my brother, I know he hasn't been arrested...
Me: The bastard's dead.
X: What?

My aunt looks at me in silence with a questioning look.
Me: I killed him myself

The man stands up and points his wand at me, but stops as my father enters the room with a bloody expression on his face.
Voldemort: Because, son...
Me: He attacked Aurora after stabbing her, choking her so badly that she fainted and dropped the prophecy she was holding...

My aunt starts to shake and her eyes get moist.
Me: Draco told me in a letter that she's fine, she hasn't woken up yet, but she'll recover.
Bellatrix: That girl, that was my daughter...
Voldemort: Her brother tried to kill my daughter...
X: My Lord, I...
Voldemort: And now you dare to raise your wand to my son.

He raises his wand menacingly over the man, who recoils in horror.
Me: FATHER! There are few of us left, one less man is not ideal.
Voldemort: Go home, all of you... the Aurors are breathing down your necks!

Everyone disappears in a few seconds, my father puts his hand on my shoulder.
Voldemort: Well done, son.

I nod and then he leaves too, it's just me, my mum and my aunt wiping away a tear.
Bellatrix: What did you call her?
Narcissa: Aurora and Hayacent Bellatrix: Aurora... She's still wearing my pendant
Me: Mum never takes it off
Bellatrix: My boy, look how big and handsome you have become
Narcissa: A heartthrob, according to Rory.

I laugh, but there is worry and melancholy in both of their eyes.
Me: My sister's strong, she'll be fine.
Narcissa: I know.

I get up and start to leave, but my mother stops me and hugs me like she's never hugged me before, I can feel all the years I've spent without her...

Two days later
Aurora's POV

I opened my eyes slowly, a strange smell of disinfectant and medicine filling the air. Someone is shaking my hand and his head is resting on my stomach, asleep...
Me: Theo... Theo, wake up.
Theo: Get out of here Draco, I've just arrived, go to bed and then I'll join you...
Me: Theo, it's morning...

I say giggling, he looks up confused and sleepy, as soon as he sees me he jumps to his feet
Theo: OH MY GOD! You've woken up, thank goodness, Sleeping Beauty, that's you... You've been asleep for three days!
Me: THREE DAYS!
Theo: You were very sunburned when you came back to school, we were all worried, they even thought of sending you to Sam Mungo's, but Madam Pomfrey told them to go to hell, and in a few days you would be as good as new. Weasley was also hospitalised and broke her ankle, but was released the next day.

I stroked his face, it was all red from talking so fast.
Theo: I wonder how they'll gnaw at others when they find out...
Harry: Did you wake up?!

Theo rolls his eyes and turns around
Theo: Potter...
Harry: Night...
Theo: I just came to see how my cousin was doing.

Hermione and Ron appear shortly after and as soon as they see me they smile, then get serious again when they see Theo.
Harry: I wouldn't trust her, on the other hand your father would have been able to do that to her.

Theo jumps up and I take his hand.
Theo: My father wasn't there, otherwise he would have been arrested like Malfoy!
He turns to me, my uncle was arrested...
Ron: Some Death Eaters escaped, like Voldemort's son, maybe your father was one of them!
Theo pulls out his wand

Me: That's enough! Leave him alone, it's not his fault.
Theo turns and kisses me on the forehead.
Theo: Get well
I nod and he walks away pushing Harry, Hermione sits beside me in the chair and takes my hand.
Hermione: How are you?
Me: I'm fine... I just have a bad headache
Harry strokes my head
Me: I'm sorry about the prophecy...
Harry: Don't worry, the important thing is that the Death Eaters didn't get the prophecy.

Madam Pomfrey enters the room and orders you to come out and rest, so Harry kisses me and they leave without a word.

Days later

I finish packing my bags and leave the room, Draco gently pushes me back in and closes the door.

Me: Hi, we haven't had time to talk...
Draco: I know, but you're right, you've been spending the last few days with your boyfriend and I've been...
Me: I'm sorry about your father.

He bows his head, raises it with one hand and a small tear runs down his face, I kiss him and then hug him.
Me: We'll get him out of Azkaban, I promise you.
Draco: Mattheo wrote to me that the Dark Lord is disappointed in my father and that it will probably be up to me to put my family back in a good light...
Me: Oh Draco...

He holds me close and we stay like this for a few minutes in silence.
Me: We have to go, Draco.
Draco: I don't want to go home.
Me: I know, I know.

I say putting my hands on his cheeks.
Draco: I need you, Aurora
Me: I'm here Draco, I've always been here
Draco: I don't want to lose you, you're the only beautiful thing I have, the only true thing...
Me: Draco...

He shakes my hand and kisses me gently, then opens the door and walks out.
Me: Sorry big brother

I go downstairs and Daphne stops me and hugs me
Me: HEY... Hello to you too
Daphne: You can't understand how scared we were to come here
Pancy: You've been telling him for weeks, he's found out!
She says, giving me a kiss on the cheek
Pancy: Come on, let's go, the train leaves in a few hours and I haven't finished hiding Lunatica's things yet...

Daphne: Anyway, I found most of it yesterday before dinner...
Pancy: And you think I give a damn?
Daphne and I burst out laughing, I felt a bit sorry for Luna, the girl was crazy, it's true, but I liked her.

To the train
Daphne: Your friends are here, but the bet is over, now you can sit with us...
Pancy: Darling, I don't think it was a bet, was it Aurora?

I look at her for the press, she gives me a look and I understand her, she knew

Pancy: Let's say your brother and I became very good friends...
I smile at her, give her a kiss on the cheek and go to the others.
Daphne: I don't understand?
Pancy: You fuck your own dicks.
Daphne: You're such a bitch! Pancy: I know
Daphne: But I love you anyway
Pancy: I know that too

Daphne pushes her and Pancy starts hitting her, giggling and next to Hermione, trying to fix something in her bag.
Harry: I was thinking about something Dumbledore told me.
Me: What?
Harry: Even though we have a battle ahead of us, we have one thing that Voldemort doesn't have.
Ron: What is that?
Harry: Something worth fighting for.

I smile and nod, but in my head I'm laughing like crazy, how the hell can he motivate himself with "Something worth fighting for", isn't power the right motivation for him? Pathetic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 539 33
When you decide to move to LA to follow your dreams in acting your older brother Jonah Marais offers you stay with him and his bandmates. You form a...
14.5K 205 51
Three siblings. Triplets. Youngest, middle, oldest. Who does what? Who is who? Who will go against him? Who is scared? So many questions that...
28.2K 676 7
You are a part of Kingsman. And you recruited Eggsy Unwin, you guys had fun on missions of course. But does anyone know what happens when he isn't in...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC