Blessed: The Abandoned Wife

By misttressofseas

Their arranged marriage ended six years ago.... then who is her daughter....is it her daughter or his as well... More

Characters Introduction
Slap
Reining in the Chaos
Meet-a-friend
Un-Accountable Encounter!
Time Out
Looking for a Frog
Honeymoon Tours and Travels
Song of the heart
Running into you!
The Return
Growl...
What kind of marriage?
Proof
Answers and Questions
Vee and Dee
Coffee Date
Dyuti's father?
Investigation begins
Making of a Match?
Il-'logical' choice?
They tell him...
Aftermath
The March

Primate, horses and a bat?

286 23 4
By misttressofseas

Viren was uncomfortable throughout the week as he collected photographs of Dyuti from several social media platforms. There were none from Shubhi's account but thankfully her cousins loved the kid to bits. Shubhi seemed to have put a pause on her account ever since Dyuti was born, looking at it you would feel that she was a business professional frozen in time. There was no mention of either the marriage or Dyuti. This alone was an indication for Viren, how much she wanted to move away from the Rawals. The problem was this was nowhere close to the gold digger, cheating, scamming image that Daivik had been harbouring in his head till now.

Daivik sensed that Viren was keeping away from him. Viren on the other hand was not sure what to do or say to his brother. He knew that Daivik was still under the impression that Dyuti was someone else's child. The possibility of him being the father somehow never crossed his thick-ego-walled head. For Viren, the dilemma became worse when one morning after breakfast Daivik decided to confront him.

Daivik: Bhai what is it?

Viren: What?

Daivik: What are you busy with these days? You are not even talking to me properly.

Viren: It is nothing like that...

Daivik: I am here for only a few weeks. But you are not talking to me...

Viren: I was thinking about...our marital life and kids...

Daivik: Mine doesn't exist...at least you have Veni...

Viren: It has not been easy, especially with Shipra cheating on me...

Daivik: In fact, I wanted to ask you something very uncomfortable...

Viren: What?

Daivik: When...Shipra bhabhi had died.... I remember.... grandfather asked if Veni .... was your daughter...

Viren: Yes those allegations were made in whispers, it was emotionally very tough for me...

Daivik: Actually, I wanted to ask if Shipra Bhabhi had survived the crash, would you have forgiven her?

Viren: I don't know....maybe for Veni's sake but I could not love her again

Daivik: Ohh

Viren: When I think back now, ours was more of an arrangement. We liked each other and I always hoped that the love would grow.... I was a family-oriented person and for her money and status mattered a lot. So I might have forgiven her, but I would have brought up Veni on my own.

Daivik: Hmmm

Viren: Also, I am not getting married again. But why are you asking?

Daivik: I have been thinking a lot, I like Shubhi ....enough...so maybe I can overlook the fact that Dyuti's father is someone else and if she requests, I can marry her again.

Viren: What? (his eyes popping out)

Daivik: You see, logically it works as Dyuti and Veni are friends and that girl has a hole in the heart so I can help with the treatment as well.

Viren: I think the operation is done and the foundation is helping...

Daivik: But there would be medical expenses later, and anyway her family is looking to marry her off, and I am still one of the most eligible bachelors in India. So if she agrees to...some of my conditions...I am okay to marry her and even provide legal, financial and emotional support to Dyuti...

Viren: But you thought Shubhi was a gold digger, scammer...and a cheat...

Daivik: My opinion stands corrected due to what I have heard in the past few days...I think she will be tolerable if we can control her financially.....and ensure legally binding promises...

Viren: You are confusing me! You dislike her and whenever you two meet, she kicks you, punches you or fights with you! Still, you want to marry her?

Daivik: If she agrees to some conditions of mine (looking at his brother in the eye)

Viren: Are you aware of Dyuti? (wondering if Daivik knows what they are speculating about her parentage)

Daivik: I know that she has a tough medical condition. But she is a sweet child....if her father went missing in the line of duty, that is no fault of hers....

Viren: I think there is something you should know before you jump to do anything....(realizing Daivik has no clue)

Daivik: What?

Viren: Something I and Jai will be discussing on Sunday afternoon. You should join us...

Daivik: No problem, but you might be a bit busy on Sunday

Viren: Why?

Daivik: Remember that boutique we are acquiring, that uncle and aunt are celebrating 50th anniversary

Viren: So they have a daytime party?

Daivik: No, a morning of Sukhmani Sahib paath, followed by lunch

Viren: I think they sent an invite...I cannot find it now...uncle called me....

Daivik: Good, you are anyway otherwise occupied

Viren: See I will be occupied with your stuff only! So you will go there as our representative

Daivik: Ever since I have come back, you keep sending me off for odd errands! I am not an employee! I am your brother! (with fake frustration)

Viren: Isn't that what younger brothers are for? (continuing the teasing)To help the oldies like us?

Daivik: Few more weeks, then I will be gone...back to the USA

Viren: Damn, I need to make you do as much work as I can

(both brothers share laughter)

Jai decided to check on Viren and his progress. They had a meeting planned for Sunday but he wanted to see if his friend needed any help.

Viren: I have collected some photos from the social media. Shubhi's account did not have any pictures but her cousins did, so I collected from there

Jai: Seems like she does not want anything to do with you guys. Is she on talking terms with Daivik?

Viren: They have run into each other many times in the past few weeks and every time she has hit him

Jai: Arghh doesn't sound good, what does Daivik want?

Viren: He wants to marry her!

Jai: What?

Viren: He was thinking that they could marry again if she agreed to his conditions

Jai: Conditions? If he wants her, he needs to come down his high horse!

Viren: Who knows? (with sarcasm) His highness has deigned to like her...and she should fall at his feet!

Jai: That guy is smitten Veeru! He does not even know if the child is his! He wants to marry her!

Viren: With conditions and control!

Jai: Forget that, he has it bad. Remember I breed horses....

At the other end of the city, Shubhi got a weird text from Anita that read: 'Best of luck with Primate'. Even if she could not make head or tail of the message, Shubhi knew better than to call up her friend and ask. She simply messaged a 'Thanks' to her. She knew Anita tended to give nicknames to anyone and everyone, and being busy in the process of closing the accountancy work, she did not remember who held the privilege of this nickname. Daivik was Blind as a Bat and now even Viren was something, but she forgot what it was! Sunday evening they would be catching up and that would be the right time to check on this.

Even Viren planned to talk to Anita over the weekend. This was because when he had pinged Anita to ask if she knew of Dyuti's father, he had hoped she might help to clear the confusion. Her response was Mr Blind as a Bat, brother of Dumb as a Dodo. Viren wanted to strangle her, especially because of the friendship they shared but being busy with office work as well as investigations, he knew he had to postpone it. After Jai and his horses, her response had created a veritable zoo in his head.

The one person who was not confused was Daivik, and he as usual informed the deity at night about his plans for the next day and beyond...

You see I am meeting her tomorrow, I mean I will likely meet her...I am sure uncle and aunt would have invited her...

And, don't cry on this one, I am planning to make an offer to your girlfriend

Why are you laughing? I want to make her life easier, it is the only logical option I see....do you know the kind of social stigma a single mother and illegitimate child faces in Indian society? The faster I get them out of it, the better it would be...

You are still laughing? I will agree to marry her as she completes her seven-year wait for the father of Dyuti...The conditions I have for her are not that tough....she has to agree to be nice to my family, she cannot poke her nose in our finances or businesses, and she cannot have any affairs...

I assure you, I will take care of her and Dyuti financially...I am ready to take their responsibility...even if I am doing them a favor! Finances, social standing, and family, from all aspects this is a compromise for me...I seriously feel as if something keeps pulling me to her, is it the mate bond? Or is it you? or both?

Why are you laughing like that? Is there something illogical in what I said?

The Sukhmani Sahab paath to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the elderly couple was on Sunday. Uncle had called up Viren to invite him with his family to attend. As usual, he had passed the task to his younger brother citing that he had some personal work. Considering it to be a harmless social meet, Daivik decided to wear Indian ethnic in line with the religious event, he found that one of his wedding dresses was still fitting him. He wore a beautiful Turquoise green kurta and golden pyjama. There was a hint of golden embroidery on the neck and chest, giving him a regal look.

Daivik knew that the couple were connected to Shubhi and the chances of him meeting her there were high. But he was sure, and he had informed the deity in the morning- that he was not dressing up for her! Even after discussing his offer at length in the night! What he did not know was the surprise that had come to meet Shubhi.

The sprawling mansion where the elderly couple lived had a huge, covered veranda and an even bigger lawn at the back. The paath started in the morning and by the time Daivik reached, they were reading the final verses. He prayed and sat towards the end of the male section. Women sat on the other section to the right.

He looked around and spotted Shubhi flitting in and out of the kitchen and preparing to serve lunch. Before he could have a good look at her, a tall man disrupted his view, he stood directly in front of her and all Daivik could catch were glimpses of Shubhi's polite smiles. He walked closer and understood that the elderly aunt had invited her distant nephew, Pratham, as a prospective groom for her. While Shubhi had a polite conversation with Pratham, Daivik was seething even without checking if Shubhi had any interest in the other man. He decided to peep into the kitchen in the guise of 'manners' and being helpful. He could see that Pratham was being nice to Shubhi, and his aunt was allowing him to 'help' Shubhi in the kitchen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note:

Comment to share what you think? @SoniaGuglani @hellofeelas

Thank you all! The overall reads have crossed 9k!!

All the support in as votes and comments keeps me going :)

🌟 Thanks a bunch for the votes and comments! @minnietina @AKSHARA1904 @Otisheas @AakankshaThodopunoor @Stephanie28beatrix @ArathyVs @hellofeelas @aadha_aloo @2315_me @sequoia_11 @TashiSingh1 @Amyramalhotra @Akshaya935 @kaashi97 @MonaMaurya @SnowMeadows @kpajvani @SwatigaudC432 @Smiling130840 @asane_addiba @Werewolflove2 @rajulshivanshi @mahi_godhani @shreya0606 @R1911813 @Punny05 @SahityaBL

Given the number of votes, I am sure to have missed or misspelt some, please leave a comment if you want to be tagged in the next chapter!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

865K 54K 35
( 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 #𝟏) "Alright this is getting out of my head, just out with it, who is she?" His best friend asked him.. "MERI HONE...
268K 23.4K 62
Yash Purohit- 27 year old CA, Carefree, Bindass, Jolly, happy Go person. Once you meet him, he will ensure your comfort. He gives his time to family...
203K 12.8K 47
when two people with same ego and arrogance collide . let's see if they make themselves or break themselves will they distroy eachother or...
424K 25.5K 36
I took my seat in the train and took a deep breath. "Every things is ok, Adhya." I said to myself as release a deep breath. "Is it?" a cold voice ca...