Sorrow Shadows || TEIS Fanfic...

By ProximaShiro

Uhh.. let's see... Shadow is misunderstood as constantly in a depressed state. Let's see how this changes som... More

Hermanos Over Azadas
Reaching for Absolute Fuerza
The First Change Of Corazon
The Start Of Divergencia Del Canon
Cid Kagenou, My Dearest Younger Brother
Claire Kagenou, My Dearest Older Sister
The Fencer Ordinaire and The Ordinary Fencer
The Man Clad In Black And The Garden He Planted
A Questionable Break Before The Action Returns
Stand Proud Gamma, You Are Strong
Nice To Meet You, But It's Even Better To Meet Me
The Clock Ticks Slowly As Your Death Approaches
For a Brighter Smile on Her Face

The Girl From The Academy Of Science And Her Cookies

448 23 11
By ProximaShiro

After that whole ordeal with Claire, I found myself walking down an empty corridor, having promised Claire that I would treat her to some sweets later. I always enjoyed spoiling her for some inexplicable reason.

As I pondered over what surprise I should accompany the treats with, I was suddenly interrupted by a timid voice.

"U-umm..."

I turned around and immediately recognized her as the person I had randomly given my spare chocolate.

"Oh, are you here to thank me? There's no need to, really."

"A-ah.. yes, I-"

"Take your time."

"...I- I watched your fight.."

"Oh, really? I didn't win, though."

"But- I think it was.. pretty cool how you held your own against her..."

Pretty cool? Well, thank you! That made me extremely happy.

"It was? Thanks, I guess..."

"..I don't usually watch battles, so..."

Hah, so it was her first time witnessing a battle, and she thought mine was pretty cool.

That must mean I'm pretty damn cool myself.

"I... here..." She timidly held out a small pouch. Why was she acting like that? If she kept it up, I might just pat her head.

"Mm? What's this?"

"I baked you... cookies.. in return for th-"

"Ah, you didn't need to do that..." I could go for some cookies, but I wasn't really hungry.

"B-but..." Why was she looking down like that? Poor thing. Alright, I'll take your damn cookies.

"Hey... I didn't say I wasn't going to take it." And just like that, I snatched the pouch from her hands.

"I.. um... If- if you wouldn't mind... I'd like to start as friends!"

"Hm? Sure, we can be friends. No problem."

"Really!?"

I nod.

"Thank you! I- I did it, Foster Father! I made a friend!"

I followed her gaze and sure enough, a middle-aged man was standing there. I had noticed him before, but I thought he was just some old guy. But now that I paid more attention, he looked familiar.

Black, slicked-back hair with grey streaks, and a slender figure. Isn't this...

"Assistant Principal Lutheran..."

Ah, so this adorable little mess is... "Sherry Barnett...?"

My luck is... incredible. It surprises even me sometimes.

"You must be Cid Kagenou," Assistant Principal Lutheran says, standing beside Sherry.

"Yes," I reply.

"Any injuries?" he asks.

"None that I know of. Perhaps she went easy on me?" Yes, just like that I make people underestimate me.

The assistant principal strokes his chin, silently confirming my suspicion. "Yes, I think Rose was holding back. But you must go get a check-up to be sure of anything you don't know."

"Yes, absolutely," I quickly agree, even though I have no intention of doing so.

Lutheran nods and places a comforting hand on Sherry's shoulder. "This girl always has her nose in her research, so she doesn't have many friends."

"Foster Father!" Sherry exclaims.

(A/N: 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐲, 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐡-)

The assistant principal chuckles merrily and continues, "I wasn't always able to laugh like this, you know. Sherry and I have been through a lot. I hope you two can get along. It's all a father could wish for."

Lutheran's face remains basically the same as he stands beside Sherry with a smile that I find... I'll just keep those thoughts to myself. They both seem to enjoy each other's company though.

"...Sounds great," I reply, trying to sound enthusiastic.

"Well, I'll leave the rest up to you youngsters," the assistant principal says, patting my shoulder before leaving.

"Um, it's nice to officially meet you," Sherry says, breaking the awkward silence.

"Nice to meet you too," I respond, attempting to match her polite tone.

"So, what do you want to do?" she asks, tilting her head.

"Any topic you have in mind?" I reply, hoping she has one in mind.

"Dark knights are incredible," she remarks.

"Yep," I agree, eating away at the cookies. She then proceeds to flash me a smile that takes me by surprise. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥, 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱.

After that, we enjoy her homemade cookies and engage in conversation over tea. Eventually, we part ways, she's in high demand from the Knight Order for her research on a sacred artifact.

I make sure to express my admiration for her dedication. Oh, and by the way, her cookies were simple yet absolutely delicious. Sadly, with her attending the Academy of Science, our paths are unlikely to cross again.

'/
|
\'

Since Sherry became friends with Cid, she feels like she's floating on cloud nine.

She contemplates talking to him more, but she doesn't want to be a bother. However, a nagging feeling gnaws at her, urging her to reach out and talk to him.

"Phew..." Sherry takes a break from analyzing the artifact and lets out a sigh. She can't seem to focus on her work. Her mind is consumed by thoughts of Cid. The warm afternoon sunlight streams into the study room, but no matter what she does, he's all she can think about.

She reflects on the moment he gave her the chocolate, his ability to hold his own during the preliminaries, and their heartfelt conversation over tea.

These memories replay in her mind over and over again. Whether she's in class or conducting her research, he lingers in her thoughts until she drifts off to sleep.

"I wonder what's happening to me..." she ponders, retrieving the empty chocolate box from a drawer in her desk.

Although she has already devoured its contents, she can't bring herself to throw away the beautifully decorated box. The sweet aroma of chocolate still lingers, reminding her of the fond memories they shared.

Sherry's curiosity is also piqued by a certain rumour she's heard. According to whispers, Cid and Princess Alexia are deeply in love.

She doesn't know the details, but the fact that this rumour has spread from the Academy for Dark Knights to the Academy of Science implies that there might be some truth to it.

"Mmm!" Sherry stretches her limbs as she watches the curtain flutter in the breeze.

"Alright. I'll do it." She realizes that she can't concentrate on anything until she does something about it.

And like that, Sherry prepares herself to talk it out with someone.

'/
|
\'

Knock, knock.

Sherry lightly taps on the door of the girls' dormitory, where the rumoured student under house arrest resides.

"It's Sherry Barnett, the second-year student at the Academy of Science," she introduces herself through the door, waiting for a response.

"Hello," a voice replies as the door swings open. "Is there anything I can do for you, Sherry?"

"Yes, apologies for the sudden visit."

"Come on in," suggests Alexia, the resident of the room.

Her place is spacious and peaceful, much larger than the average dorm room. Sherry is told to make herself comfortable as she settles on the couch.

"Would you like black tea? I also have coffee. It's been really popular lately."

"Oh, I don't need anything."

"It's no trouble."

"O-okay. I'll take a coffee."

"Alright." Alexia gracefully starts brewing a pot.

Sherry starts feeling nervous. She's in her second year while Alexia is only in her first. She reassures herself with illogical logic, thinking it's fine because she's Alexia's senior. But then again, Alexia is royalty.

Maybe this isn't such a good idea.

No, no-Sherry is the upperclassman here. She has to be confident.

"I can guess why you're here, Sherry."

Sherry jumps at those words. "U-umm..."

"This is about the artifact, right?"

"Well, not exactly."

There's the sound of a coffee cup clinking. Alexia places it on the table during an awkward pause in the conversation.

"Here you go."

"Th-thank you very much."

Alexia takes a seat across from Sherry.

"Whoa, that's bitter...," Sherry whispers after taking a sip.

"It's easier to drink if you add milk and sugar."

"O-okay."

Sherry didn't mean for Alexia to hear that comment, but it seems like she did. Sherry's automatic reflex is to add lots of milk and sugar and gulp it down.

"Oh, it's so good."

"G-great... Those are the finest coffee beans from Mitsugoshi. I'm glad you like it."

"Mitsugoshi... Oh, the place that sells chocolate. You know, that place is really something. This coffee is so sweet and creamy."

"Uh, yeah, it sure is...," Alexia comments, looking as if she wants to say, "Because you're basically drinking sugar and milk."

"So, what can I do for you?"

"Oh, right. Yes." Sherry sets down her cup, looking slightly pained as she mumbles, "Actually, I'd like to ask you something."

"Okay."

"Um, like... if you've had a boyfriend recently and stuff."

"I'm sorry...?"

"A-and if you went out with Cid Kagenou and whether you're still together and stuff."

"U-um..." Alexia scrutinizes her face, trying to determine if she's being serious.

Sherry's eyes dart around the room, and there's obvious tension in her shoulders.

Alexia surmises that Sherry may not be good at conversation in general. She senses Sherry's nervousness but can't figure out the reason behind her question.

"We broke up," Alexia calmly responds.

"Really? Phew..." Sherry sounds relieved as if a weight has been lifted off her heart.

Alexia's cup clinks as she sets it down.

"Oh, but... but does that mean you actually dated...?" Sherry's tone changes drastically and sounds uneasy.

"It wasn't a real relationship. There were some circumstances that required us to pretend."

"Oh, I see. That's great." Sherry giggles cheerfully.

Alexia's cup clangs.

"I just befriended Cid the other day." Sherry, clearly not knowing she's walking on thin ice, says.

"What? Y-you don't say..." Alexia is not looking so good right now.

"Yes. I couldn't stop thinking about your relationship."

"Um, was that the only reason for your visit?"

"Yep! It distracted me so much, I couldn't focus on my research. I'm just so happy to know you two 𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙣'𝙩 dating!" Woah, way to rub in the wound, Sherry.

"Y-yeah, great."

Alexia brings the cup to her mouth with a trembling hand. It's empty. Alexia, you good?

"Thank you so much! Oh, and thanks for the coffee!" Sherry takes her leave with a bright smile-the exact opposite of the expression she wore when she came in.

The moment she steps out of the room, there's a sound of something breaking, but Sherry is too ecstatic to hear it. I wonder what happened to that cup...

'/
|
\'

"The Student Council candidates and our current student president are about to deliver their speeches. Please return to your seats," the instructor announces, trying to stop the students from leaving the class.

Two girls walk in while the instructor exits the room. I recognize one of their faces.

It's Rose Oriana, my opponent from the other day, who holds the position of Student Council president. I've always wondered how she manages to make the normal school uniform look so stylish on her.

"Um, today our instructor has granted us this valuable opportunity to talk to you about the Student Council election," a shy first-year girl begins her speech, clearly uncomfortable with public speaking.

𝘈𝘮 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘦𝘤𝘩 𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳?

Suddenly, without warning, my magic feels askew.

"Hmm? What's going on?"

I spend my days honing my magical abilities, manipulating the particles within me. But now, it seems like my control is slipping away. Something is obstructing the flow of my magic. I'll have to find a way to break through or find a method to make the particles smaller so they can permeate this barrier.

As I ponder my options, a sudden rush of energy surges towards the classroom.

"It's here..." I mutter ominously, for some reason.

In an instant, an explosion rocks the room as the door is blasted off its hinges. Chaos ensues as my classmates panic. And then, men dressed in black storm into the room, brandishing swords.

"Don't move!" they shout, blocking the entrance.

"We are Shadow Garden, and we are taking control of this school!"

"Are they serious...?" I groan, my words drowned out by the commotion around me. The students are frozen in place, unable to make a move.

𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘹𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘬... 𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭- Is probably what most of these students are thinking right now especially since most of them fail to comprehend that THE Academy for Dark Knights is under attack.

I am the only one who truly understands the gravity of the situation. I am the only one who knows that this is no joke, that they are blocking our magic, and that the same scene is unfolding in every other classroom.

"Stay seated! Raise your hands!" The figures in sleek black outfits brandish their blades, instilling fear in the students who are slowly grasping the gravity of the situation.

However, the focus remains on the students themselves. What choices will they make? How will they respond? The possibilities are boundless.

A resounding voice reverberates across the room, "It seems you're unaware of where you are." A courageous girl, with a sword strapped to her side, confronts the intruders. "Taking over the Academy for Dark Knights? You must be out of your mind."

Rose Oriana stands tall, bravely facing them on her own. "I believe we asked you to drop your weapon, missy." One of the men in black says.

"No," she retorts, brandishing her rapier.

"Hmph. You'll serve as a valuable lesson for the others," he sneers, preparing his katana.

𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘢𝘥. She hasn't yet realized that her magic is cut off by something.

"What in the-?" Her face flushes with confusion as she readies her sword with magic only for it to... disperse?

"It appears you've finally caught on," he taunts from behind his mask.

If things continue in this manner, Rose will be the first casualty at the hands of these terrorists.

I knock over a chair and sprint forward. I quickly assess the situation, my mind racing at a breakneck speed. Time seems to slow down around me. At this moment, I am both exhausted and enraged.

"...!"

If this persists, she will be the terrorists' first victim. And that cannot be allowed. I won't allow it.

'/
|
\'

As Rose witnesses the menacing blade inching towards her, she realizes that her fate is sealed.

The delicate vessel of her body is powerless against the forces of magic, unable to defend or dodge the impending strike.

In a desperate attempt to mitigate the impact, she contorts her torso, but the motion is painfully slow. Time is not on her side.

The grim reality sinks in - death has arrived.

...that was until she saw one thing happen. Her life being saved.

"Suck my fist, bitch!" She couldn't hear the exact words, but the aggressive tone made it clear that a battle cry had been uttered.

A devastating right hook by the person she fought literally just a a few days ago. Although they had never exchanged words, she admired his skill and unwavering determination. His name was Cid Kagenou.

Without hesitation, he followed up with a deadly kick aimed at a... 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙔 vulnerable spot for a man, using the distraction to disarm the man and deliver a slashing attack to his arm. While it didn't cause significant damage, it worked nonetheless.

However, that was where the battle came to an abrupt end.

"You little...!" Another one of the intruders lunged forward after charging his magic, thrusting his blade directly into Cid's abdomen.

Immediately releasing the blade after twisting it inside, he slashes at his chest and uppercuts him to keep Cid standing then proceeds to stab the part near the neck and cut down from all the way there to the left leg.

Hmm... Let's see what Cid has to say!

"Man... I'm dead.. sk- skull emoji..." Wow, such emotion. I'm moved to tears.

And just like that...

Time stopped.

"Ah..." She let out a feeble sound, unable to comprehend the situation. Cid Kagenou... was he really... dead?

With a sigh, the man spoke coldly, "That should serve as a lesson to all of you."

They have never had a proper conversation. She can't understand why he risked his life to save her.

"Cid!"

He grins at her... before taking his final breath. His dying expression shows that he accomplished his mission.

"Why...?"

A tear rolls down her face. She holds back her sobs as she cradles him in her arms. She never had this happen before. Her thoughts are all over the place.

Everyone else in the classroom looks upon the scene in horror. Now they know for sure this is real. It's actually happening, a school take over.

"..why...?" She asks again.

He knew— and she knows he knew —that he stood no chance... She... can't let his sacrifice go to waste..

"...h!" Rose suddenly bites her lower lip and glares up at the man who stood next to her, the one whose blade is stained with the blood of Cid.

"Still planning to defy us, huh."

"Tch... I will follow your orders." Rose lowers her head, knowing that the time for revenge has not yet come.

"Hmm. Move to the auditorium!" the men dressed in black command, making their move.

They make the students stand, binding their hands behind their backs, and lead them out of the room. No one dares to resist.

At the end of the line, a few male students turn back towards the classroom.

"Damn..."

"Poor guy..."

"Yeah... "

"A brave soul..."

"Your sacrifice will not be in vain.."

Some of the boys gaze at his lifeless face, praying for his peaceful departure into the afterlife.

"Keep moving." The terrorists forcefully escort them out of the classroom. The sound of footsteps in the hallway fades away. Silence returns.

And then, the arm of the presumed dead body begins to twitch.

'/
|
\'

Ha...

Damn, why'd he take it so personally? He wasn't even the same dude I kicked in the b-

Anyway, what matters is that I saved Rose. Now I can die peacefully... for 37 seconds only!

You see, as I was running up to them, I discovered how to use my magic even though they were blocking it with something. All I had to do was make it so dense it couldn't be dispersed.

And knowing how to use it, I decided I was going to die. Not the smartest idea... but it's what I thought of.

It's easier to use and hide the identity of Shadow if Cid dies for now anyway.

So I died.

Not really, though I would've died, but the moment I got stabbed near the neck, I had immediately focused my limited amount of magic into doing something extremely complicated.

I don't actually know how it works and it actually relies on a different type of energy, so I just made another version of it that uses magic and called it the same thing, but like, who cares?

Anyways, have you paid attention in science class?

So first, I charged my magic. Yes, I charged it. You know what happens when you electrically charge atoms right? You get ions.

So by giving each specific atomic-sized magic particle a charge, I can decide between the positive and the negative. And for this to work I use the negative.

I have to multiply and combine each and every single negatively charged particle to increase its potency and effectiveness.

By doing this, I transform the neutral magic with no charge which is the 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁 and everything that comes 𝗻𝗼𝘄, into negative magic which is the 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 and everything that comes 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲.

Sounds 𝗰𝗼𝗼𝗹 right? Well, I made that up just now.

Anyway, I spread it through my magic pathways and I send it through my entire body and my existence itself. I have to visualize its every movement.

By moving it to my injured parts, I immediately use it to reverse the damage which causes a restoration effect. It looks as though I'm rewinding myself... because I am! This is the power of the Past, Negatively Charged Magic.

All this special type of magic stimulates the body's natural healing ability, accelerating it way past human limits. The damaged cells and tissues start to regenerate extremely fast, giving way to new healthy cells.

"And just like that... I'm completely fine now."

This technique is inspired by another technique I've seen from a show before. It's not the exact thing and it's not even possible to consider it the same thing in the first place, but like it works pretty much the same.

Anyway, I'm just gonna name this ability of charging my magic something like- 𝗔𝘁𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗰 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗲, 𝗡𝗲𝗴𝗮𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲. -Or something like that... I don't actually know but I'll stick with that for now.

Anyway, I'm getting off track, it's time to teach those fuckers a lesson.

_________________

𝐡-𝐡𝐞𝐲! 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞... 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰... 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧!

..𝐈 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐟 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 30 10
Reincarnated as the second child of a Baron family, Daigo Kagenou looked after his younger brother, helping him by running his organization alongside...
1.9K 149 9
"What the hell, this Eroge Visual Novel plot is.... Wonderful! Let me enjoy being here, as the Eminence in Shadows! Alright, let's get the spotlights...
1K 44 7
Alright guys so this is my first story hope you will like it. Its about a boy attending Advanced nurturing high school. I do not own any of the chara...
5.4K 387 7
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka died and got reborn as Cid Kagenou's older brother in the world of The Eminence In Shadow. He would be experiencing, who knows wh...