Selkies, Gaelic Songs, and Hi...

By Sky13hogwarts

Highlanders myths, and the songs by the people of Scotland and Ireland that they sing in Gaelic have inspired... More

The Selkie and the Wheelchair
The Selkie and the Fisherman
Selkie Coat
Tale of the Baobhan Sith
The Selkie Bride
The Swan of Salem
The Scorned Selkie
The Seal
The Selkie
The Sea and the Pearl
The Moors
Plight of the Selkie
The Dark Waters (An t-uisge dorcha)
Bloodline
I Wait
The Selkie Bride
Selkie Boy
Allien Dunn - the poem
Walk On, My Love
Siúil a Rún
The Confession
My Skin is Numb

The Drowning of Annie Campbell

2 0 0
By Sky13hogwarts

A dream inspired by a song: "Allien Dunn" (Dark Haired)

Salt fills my lungs. I can see nothing but blue. I try to breathe but bubbles escape my mouth. I tried to swim, but the current pushed me further down. My feet are suspended, I can't move anymore. A quiet numbness creeps over me, as I shut my eyes, and sink down into the ocean, where my love waits for me.

Why did the ship have to set sail in a storm? My sadness turns into insanity. Why did he die? I remember his smile and the many days and nights we spent together before the ship sailed. I cried every night. My heart broke when I heard the news, that the ship sank with its crew intact, including the captain. The many other suitors and wives tried to distract and console me from my deep woe. Until I couldn't take it anymore. I decided to drown myself. I swam from the beach out into the open sea, where the waters are choppy and I floated for a while until I dived under. Why did I do this to myself just because I lost the man I was going to marry. I close my eyes.

The end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
1.5M 105K 25
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
97.6K 2.8K 21
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။ စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။