Why Me? *Rewrite*

By LuvMiddleEarth

For many years, a certain pizzeria was the place a young girl used to go to as a child. She loved coming here... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 8

54 4 0
By LuvMiddleEarth

It was twelve o'clock now, and Saphira was completely on her own. The last of the staff had left five minutes ago, and she had been startled by a loud sound echoing through the building. It sounded like a loud switch or something, and that was when the tablet screen turned on, on its own. That likely was the sound of the system switching to the night mode or something. She was not sure, but it made sense. Especially given how Mike had described the system to her between twelve and six in the morning. But at least Saphira knew that the last six hours of her first shift has started, and she now had to do her rounds at each door that needed to be checked.

Saphira stretched her limbs with a light yawn, as she knew that this first night would be a little bit hard since she didn't get enough sleep like she would have wanted. But she would be okay the next night. She stood up and fixed up her jacket and grabbed her flashlight before she walked out of the office to first check the back door. She placed her hand on the handle and shook the door. It did not sound like it was budging, which was good. Though Saphira did hope that the door would be easy to open for her when her shift ended.

Sighing deeply and backing away from the door, Saphira thought where to go next. She knew that the Loading Dock door was fine, since Mike checked it with her. But she needed to head in that direction for the kitchen anyway. She hummed softly to herself before walking back into the office for a moment to check the tablet. Nothing was showing errors or that it was offline at the moment, and she flicked through the cameras a little bit before walking back out of the office to make her way down the hallway.

The temperature within the building had dropped substantially at this point. She was comfortable with the jacket on, but she could still feel the temperature on the skin of her hands and face. She rubbed the back of her right hand as she walked down the hallway to the closet area, which she did not take her time in, as she walked by the storage closets to make her way to the other side. Upon entering the wider, longer, curved hallway, Saphira remained mindful of the pallets that were laying around to avoid tripping on them. She was glad Mike told her to be aware of this each night. Everything would likely be moved and she won't know until her next shift.

Though as she walked down the hallway, she noticed just how quiet the hallway was, aside from the echoes of her footsteps. She had not noticed before, but she was walking with Mike, and it certainly was not something that had bothered her. But it was noticeable now, and it was a little bit eerie. But Saphira was quick to brush that aside as she knew there was no one else in the building. At least, she hoped there were no trespassers already.

She hummed softly to herself as she followed the curve of the hallway to the Loading Docks. She opened the door into the large space, and shivered a little as it was a lot cooler here. There was likely less insulation here, which would not surprise her. She glanced at the side door briefly, a little tempted to check it again, but it was unnecessary since Mike had checked it while she was here. After all, the staff who work in the Loading Dock area had finished several hours prior.

Shrugging, she closed the door behind her and proceeded to walk across the room to the door on the other side. She glanced towards the door at the back of the Loading Docks, not knowing if she would ever walk through that door, as she could easily look into the first-aid room from the main dining room. She was just very glad that there was a proper first-aid room where people could have privacy, and there was easy access for an ambulance.

She glanced at the roller doors, glad that they were down completely tonight, though she would certainly need to check on her next shift to make sure they were down properly. She at least had one door checked off her list for the night. She opened the door leading into the dishwashing room, and she looked around at the sinks and machines curiously. Everything appeared to be clean, and dishes, cutlery and cooking utensils have been put away for the night. She shines her light on the floor to see if there was any water. Luckily, there was not, and Saphira proceeded towards the plastic curtain to head into the kitchen.

As soon as she brushed the curtain aside, she glanced towards the side door, and she saw it was slightly open. Sighing deeply, Saphira made her way over to it quickly to close the door and locked it, knowing anyone could have walked in. She did shine her light at the floor to see if there were any footprints, since anyone would have easily brought dirt into the kitchen. There was none, and she turned away to proceed through the kitchen. She considered checking the fridge for leftovers, but that would be something she would do after she finished checking the doors.

Saphira glanced towards the doors leading into the three dining rooms this kitchen was connected to. She smiled to herself, knowing that she could easily walk through the doors to see the animatronics, but she knew that she didn't want to break the rules on this. She shines her light towards the doorway leading into the hallway by the storage units. She walked over to doorway and walked into the hallway, glancing at the storage units. She was eyeing off the freezer and cold room doors to make sure they were closed properly, as she knew they wouldn't want to lose stock. Thankfully, they were closed, but she did push on the doors to make sure they were indeed closed.

With that settled, Saphira opened the door into the hallway leading by Chica's Chapel. She smiled as she noticed the neon lights have been turned off, and she was happy to see that. She did wonder if the lights turn on and off automatically when the system switches each night, but that was something she would likely find out. Shrugging, she walked towards the double doors and stopped, glancing down the hallway towards the Haunted Classroom. The temptation to just walk away and go to the principal's office was strong.

But I can't disappoint Mike. I can see Springtrap after I have completed the necessary stuff I need to do for my shift.

Taking a deep breath, she opened the doors into the chapel to make her way to the bar. She knew that the chef had told her that he makes sure that the door would be closed and locked, and she believed him. But it was part of her job to check regardless. She hummed as she walked along the carpeted floor into the bar area, smiling as she looked around curiously. The water feature was turned off, which she was kind of sad about, as she liked the sound of water. But she did notice how dark it felt with the neon lights off.

This definitely feels more like the horror attraction they were kind of planning this place to be at one point.

She shrugged as she made her way into the kitchen to see it was very clean at this time, and she walked over to the door to check it. As the chef had promised, the door was locked. She smiled to herself with a light chuckle of amusement and turned to make her way out. She at least knew that this job was not too hard, and she would certainly find a way to amuse herself during the night. There was plenty to see and do, even though she could easily repeat the same things each night.

She hummed softly and turned on her heel to make her way out of the chapel. She was feeling quite happy at the moment. Though as she made her way back to the door, Saphira realized Mike didn't show her the Mess Hall's kitchen, and which key to use for that side door. She grabbed her keys and there were two keys she had not been shown to use. And she sighed, knowing she would have to tell Mike he forgot to also show her which key was for the front door, though she at least knew it would be very easy to narrow it down. Though she knew that the first of the two keys to tries with the door in the Mess Hall's side door will be the incorrect key. But she would not ignore her duty because she was not shown properly.

Pushing the two, rose red doors open as she left the chapel area and closed them behind her. She didn't want any of the doors to slam suddenly, for fear she would accidently cause damage. With the doors closed, Saphira walked towards the doors into the Haunted Classroom. She felt nervous all over again, as she knew she was able to walk by the room Springtrap resided in. She did silently question herself why she was even reacting this way as she had already seen him.

Maybe it's just the inner child in me or something. Because Springtrap was my best friend in my mind at that age.

Saphira shrugged as she knew it was best to try and not let herself get nervous or anxious whenever she approached the door into the Haunted Classroom. She gazed up at the wooden doors before she pushed them open and closed them behind her. She hummed softly before she decided to check the classroom to check for any evidence that someone might have climbed through the window. She walked over to the room and opened the door. It didn't take her long to spot the open window, and she saw that it was very open.

She sighed a little and walked towards the window, looking at the floor for any evidence. And she was surprised to see a lot of footprints on the tiles. It actually looked like at least a hundred people, maybe more, had climbed through this window. But these footprints were unlikely recent. She was just shocked that there was so much evidence of how many trespassers that have been in here. And she had no idea how long ago any of this was.

She looked at the window again before she turned and walked back towards the door make her way out of the room. She hummed softly to herself again as she stepped out of the room and looked towards the principal's office. She smiled to herself as she did intend to come back, but she proceeded towards the Mess Hall, as her job comes first. She glanced at her watch for a moment to see she had already used up fifteen minutes, which surprised her. She guessed she was enjoying herself a little too much.

Regardless, she pushed the door open at the end of the hallway, smiling as she looked at the attractions near the door and she walked by them to make her way into the main part of the Mess Hall. She did wonder how much Mike had to spend in order to upgrade the attraction, given that these attractions in the Mess Hall would not have been cheap to have built within the pizzeria. Nonetheless, it was a side of the attraction that was no Saphira's problem.

Walking past the attractions, she smiled as she looked around the wider space of the Mess Hall. The space was a lot cooler than it was earlier, but Saphira knew that the cooler temperature was getting into every part of the attraction at this time. She looked towards the stage where the three phantom animatronics were, and Saphira did wonder if their neck joints wear down from their heads facing downward each night. That seemed like a possibility.

She did wonder when maintenance was done on the animatronics, as she could never recall the animatronics ever being out of order when she was a child. She guessed maybe it was done before the attraction opened, but she was not sure. She was fascinated by the phantom animatronics. These were new to her, since she never got to see them as a kid. So it really felt like she was seeing new animatronics again.

She liked the feeling, but she looked away from them and looked towards the white double doors leading into the kitchen. She walked over to them and pushed open one of the doors to look inside and shine her light, only to be startled. She let out a scream and stepped back out of the kitchen for a moment before she frowned in confusion. She blinked several times and looked around for a moment before pushing the door back open again. And there was nothing.

Huh? I swear I just saw Phantom Foxy in here staring at me. That was unexpected.

Saphira could not help but slap her cheeks to make sure she was not dreaming before stepping forward. This kitchen was not as large as the main kitchen, but it had enough grills, pizza ovens and such to feed a large crowd of people. Though she did not fully focus on that as she saw the side door of the kitchen, and she looked around again. Seeing Phantom Foxy briefly had shaken her, and she honestly did not know why.

She walked through the kitchen slowly and silently, and she swore she could hear the sound of breathing echoing through the kitchen, but she could not see who it was. She could not see a single sign of Phantom Foxy, and she guessed she had been hallucinating. She shook her head as she reached the door and checked to see it was locked. But she did check to make sure which key was the right one for it, and she was glad that she worked it out.

She turned back around, shining the light around as she was now a little bit paranoid. She knew that it was just her mind, but she still could hear the sound of breathing. But she could not locate the sound, and simply brushed it off as she walked back to the door to leave the kitchen. Once she was out of the kitchen, she looked at the stage to see the animatronics were still on the stage. As they should be.

She then looked towards the Phantom Voyage and considered looking in there to make sure Phantom Foxy was in there. But that seemed ridiculous, because she knew that all the animatronics were off for the night. She shook her head with a frown, deciding that she was just letting her brief shock get the better of her and she walked away. She had the front door to check now, and she wasn't about to let that slide.

At least she was understanding why people have said that this place can get to you at night. If seeing an animatronic suddenly, even though it actually is not there, was part of the job, Saphira would likely get used to it. Nonetheless, the sound of the breathing in the kitchen was off putting, but she still brushed that aside. It could easily all be in her imagination, and that it was not something she should be worried about.

Saphira walked by the Mess Hall's attractions and pushed the doors open back into the Haunted Classroom. She closed the doors carefully behind her and she walked down the hallway and looked at the principal's office. She smiled to herself as she relaxed a bit and considered dropping in for a quick hi. But she stopped in her tracks when she heard the squeal of a door being opened slowly as the sound echoed through the hallway.

Great...that means someone is in the building...

She glanced at the principal's office door again before she proceeded ahead. Saphira was lucky she did not stomp when she walked. She was always a very light walker, and she hoped that would be a good thing at this time. She reached the wooden doors and opened one of them to look out of. She glanced around to see if she could spot anyone, but she could not. The lights being off made the hallway incredibly dark and she shined the light down the hallway, and she still saw no one.

But the small room by the Toy Plaza, which was a cleaning supply closet, was open. The door was wide open. She stepped out of the door and closed it carefully behind her so it would not make a loud thud. She swallowed nervously, because this was not something she had wanted to happen on her very first night. If someone was in the pizzeria, then they must have walked towards the main dining room, or into the plaza itself.

Saphira walked down the hallway towards the open door, glancing at the entrance to the plaza and the doorway into the hallway leading towards the main dining room and front of the pizzeria. She moved slow so she would not make a heap of noise, though she knew that the light from her flashlight could draw attention. She could see the open window on the inside of the supply closet, but she did not know yet how many people there might be in the building.

As she reached the end of the hallway, Saphira looked left and right while shining the light into the plaza and into the hallway on her right. She could not see anyone just yet, and she still did not yet know if there was anyone in the building. She shines the light at the floor and she could not see any footprints. But this door would not be open otherwise. She closed the door and grimaced when it squealed, though it at least would be closed. She closed the door gently and looked around again.

Something is definitely going on...not sure if there is someone here or not.

Saphira stepped closer to the doorway into the plaza to shine her flashlight inside to look around. She didn't see anyone, nor did she hear anything. Though she didn't try to check the Bakery, as she knew that someone could be there. She sighed and turned around to head down the hallway to make her way to the entrance of the building. She was a little nervous at the moment, and she hoped that there was no one in the building.

Though if the security system Mike told me about is effective, I might not have anything to worry about.

Saphira shuddered as she hoped that to be the case. She did not know if she would witness this security system at work, but that would remain to be seen. She followed the hallway into the room before the main dining room and Fredbear's Family Diner. She shines her light into the main dining room to see if she could see anyone within the room. She saw no evidence of any human within the room and she was relieved.

As she turned to walk towards the front, Saphira paused with a frown and looked towards the entry into Fredbear's diner. She thought she saw Fredbear peering out of the doorway, but he was not there. She sighed in irritation at herself and walked towards the tunnel archway into the lobby of the attraction to check the front door. She slapped herself across the cheeks again, feeling like she was losing her mind.

First Phantom Foxy, now Fredbear...ugh...this place is already getting to me. But I've never been afraid of the animatronics...why am I seeing them as though this were...a horror movie or something?

Saphira at least wasn't calling out to whoever she thought was here. She knew that was one of the flaws of a horror movie whenever the characters call out hello, which tends to result in the character finding themselves in trouble. Nonetheless, Saphira still felt a little shaken. She hoped that her imagination would not get the better of her. She certainly did not need her first night to make her fearful of the attraction.

She glanced up as she walked through the tunnel, smiling a little at the mirror tiles reflecting back at her, and she looked ahead at the glass door. She saw there were no other barriers between the doors to protect it from any potential vehicles from speeding into it. Though there were metal posts in front of the entrance, so that was something. But Saphira still thought the place could have used another layer to stop someone from throwing a brick at the door.

She approached the door and saw that the automatic lock was on. While there was no physical lock on the door itself, there was a keyhole for the lock mechanism for the door. She walked over to the mechanism to read which direction the keyhole should be facing for the door to be locked. And it was the right way. She smiled, as the door was closed properly, and she would not need to actually unlock and do anything with it.

She sighed deeply and turned to make her way back. She considered going to the office straight away, but she could not help but want to go into the main dining room. She had wanted to go back into the area, because there was something she wanted to take a closer look at. She walked back through the archway with a smile and glanced towards Fredbear's dining room again curiously before rolling her eyes and walking into the main dining room.

She really noticed how different the attraction looked and felt with the lights off. It was like a completely different attraction. But she was glad that it was not bothering her as much as she thought it would. Aside from seeing random animatronics suddenly, so she felt like it was just her mind playing tricks on her. She did want to go back to Springtrap, but she had one thing to do first before she did.

Walking into the main dining room alone, Saphira smiled as she looked towards the animatronics. She could not help but make her way through the room over to the front of the stage. She gazed up at Freddy, Bonnie and Chica, staring at them as she stood before them. It really felt strange to not see them awake and moving, but that did not bother her at all. She was just really glad to see them after a long time.

"Too bad you guys are...shut down for the night." Saphira shrugged as she turned away from the animatronics. "We could be hanging out right now." She looked towards the right side of the stage and walked around it. "Just like we used to."

She did not notice the ears of the animatronics twitching from her comment. Nor did she see one of them opening their eyes and looking at her. Saphira was approaching the Animatronic's Best Friend board. She could not believe all the photos she had taken with the animatronics were here. The oldest photos of her was when she was three, and she had a photo with Fredbear, Freddy, Bonnie and Chica. She could see the top four pictures with her toddler self wearing a cute, pink, floral dress that day.

The next row was when she was five, and she had a photo with each of the toy animatronics. She still could not believe they were still here. And they were very dusty as well. Saphira wished she had a duster with her. She than thought about getting a cloth and bucket of water to wipe the pictures down, just to clean them up. That was something she could definitely do tonight. That was one thing she could do, aside from checking the tablet, which she knew she should be doing right now.

Her eyes finally land on the image of her and Springtrap. It was actually the day of her seventh birthday. She stared at the image as it showed her and Springtrap standing in the hallway of the Haunted Classroom, and Saphira was wearing a cute, light green sundress with four-leaf clovers all over it. And she had her hair pulled into pigsties with white ribbons. She really did miss those years. She was far happier.

I wish I could get them again. But am I no longer a child...and I cannot change time...

Saphira stared at the board for a few minutes before she heard something behind her, and sensed like there was a presence behind her. She turned and let out a scream, as the light of her flashlight landed on Fredbear, who was leaning slightly and staring at her with his purple eyes. This made her drop her flashlight in shock and jump back, hitting the board behind her and knocking one of the pictures off.

"NO!" Saphira shrieked, catching the picture before it hit the ground and held it against her chest before looking in the direction of where she had seen Fredbear. And he was not there. Saphira blinked in shock as she frowned, glancing around as she tried to look for Fredbear. "What in the world?"

She shook her head as she did not know what was going on. She leaned down to pick the flashlight up and looked around. There was no sign of Fredbear, and she did not understand what was going on. She slapped herself in the cheeks again, because this was just getting ridiculous. She took a deep breath to try and calm herself down and looked down to see which picture she had in her arms. And it was the picture of her seven-year-old self with Springtrap.

She felt tears in her eyes as she had almost broken the picture. She hugged the picture for a moment before she turned and saw the other pictures were now on an angle. She huffed and put the picture back where it was before fixing each of the other pictures so they were straight again. When she had fixed the pictures, she stepped back to admire the work and she was able to feel better. She couldn't believe she allowed herself to be scared again.

She glanced at the picture of herself with Springtrap again before turning around and shining her light around to see if Fredbear was here. And he was not. She had to get back to the office to check the tablet. She guessed that she would need to check the tablet as soon as she got to the office, as she had taken a bit too long with checking the doors of the building. She glanced at the animatronics on the stage briefly, to see the three had not moved, and she proceeded towards the door.

She still did not know if there was a trespasser in the building, and she would certainly be checking the cameras for that. She just hope no one would be waiting in her chair when she returned to the office, because she did not know what she would do if that were the case. But it was unlikely, since she did not hear the door to the staff area open and close, though it wasn't really that loud. So she would only find out when she got there.

Saphira stepped out of the dining room, glancing left and right with a smile, before turning towards the staff door and proceeding towards it. She glanced at the entrance into Fredbear's Family Diner, and she definitely intended to look at the stage to see if Fredbear was there. As she walked by it, Saphira was shocked to see that there was no animatronic on the stage. Fredbear was gone. And that made Saphira worried.

She knew that the animatronics had been turned off for the night, but she has seen Fredbear twice. She did not know if that meant if she had actually seen him or not. But with him not being where he should, that did raise a question. What if the animatronics weren't turned off? What if they roamed the building at night too? Were they the security measure that Mike was talking about? And why would they want to be scaring a security guard?

None of it made sense. Saphira stepped back from the doorway and glanced towards the main dining room for a moment before turning towards the staff door. She figured that she should just sit in the office for a while. She felt like she was really going crazy at the moment. And it was definitely bothering her quite a bit. Maybe the vent system was down, and she needed to get that back up. Which was probably why she was seeing things, and she knew she had taken a bit too long, so she had to deal with that.

Opening the door into the dull hallway, she grimaced a little, as the grey lights seemed brighter in here than the rest of the building. Her eyes adjusted quickly as she stepped inside and adjusted her jacket a little as she walked down the hallway back to the office. She glanced at the window to see the office was empty, but she could hear a sound coming from the office. She frowned and walked inside to see the sound was coming from the tablet. Everything was down.

She quickly touched the Reboot All button before she sat down and waiting for the system to reboot as the cameras were currently down. She felt her stomach growling a little, so she decided to get out one of the sandwiches from her bag to eat. She figured it was something to help pass the time. She glanced at the time to see it was five minutes until one in the morning. She shrugged and looked at the tablet to see everything was clear, and she was happy about that.

She unwrapped her sandwich before biting into it and began to go through the cameras to see if she could find whoever might have snuck into the building. She still did not know if it was even the wind of not, but she knew that the supply closet was closed when she and Mike walked by it. Unless one of the cleaners had left it opened slightly, which was always possible. But she needed peace of mind just to be sure.

She hummed as she enjoyed her sandwich while clicking through the cameras carefully before frowning as she spotted a young man on the camera standing just outside of the main dining room. He looked panicked, and he was looking around frantically. And he appeared to be bleeding, as she could just see a cut on his left arm. She was confused, because it looked like something had just attacked him. She was about to stand up when the camera suddenly had static across it, and an alert sound came from the tablet.

She huffed and saw it was the cameras that needed reboot. She groaned as she hit reboot and she was about to stand to go and confront the man when she heard a loud, blood, curdling scream suddenly echo through the hallway. Saphira froze as she sat up straighter because she also heard the echo of a heavy thud, and then nothing. Goose bumps covered her skin, not because of the cold, because of the sound of the scream

Saphira swallowed the piece of sandwich in her mouth and wrapped what was left as she suddenly did not want to eat. She glanced at the tablet to see that the cameras were back online and she looked at the screen, and she gasped as she saw that the young man was gone. Except there was a blood trail, like he had been dragged, towards the Toy Plaza. Saphira could not believe what she was seeing, and if this was real.

She clenched her eyes shut and reopened them to see the blood trail was still there. Saphira did not know what to think right now. She felt rather nervous about this rather suddenly. If this was the security system Mike told her about, she felt he should have told her she would witness people dying. But she did not know what had killed this person. This person must have been in the Toy Plaza, because he must have ran from that direction.

And I never even checked the Plaza properly...this is my fault. But...what in the hell is this? I never thought this would turn into something horrific. I only ever knew this attraction as fun and fantasy, not death and bloody. What have I gotten myself into?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44K 1.5K 20
The year 1993, Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria, a restaurant filled with kids to enjoy and experience the fun, arcades, prizes, and more importantly: Pizza...
5.3K 136 27
Y/N L/N was a seven year old boy who was taken to Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria for his seventh birthday with his single mother as she had forgotten abou...
24.4K 918 131
A new security guard is hired to join Freddy Fazbear's Pizzaplex, but not as a day guard. Oh no, as a nightshift guard. Though as living is expensive...
3.8K 196 20
***OLD VERSION!!! DO NOT READ!!!*** Lizzy Kays grew up just a few miles away from Freddy Fazbear's Pizza Parlor. It was her most favorite place in th...