CHERRY BOMB ~ yellow jackets...

By ginnyoxox

thanatophobia ~ the fear of losing someone you love. cheryl stevens COULD have been a champion, aswell as th... More

INTRO!!
PLAYLIST!
part one.
part two.
part four.
part five.
part six.
part seven.
part eight.
part nine.
part ten.
part eleven.
part twelve.
part thirteen
part fourteen.
part fifthteen.
part sixteen.
part seventeen.
part eighteen.

part three.

77 1 0
By ginnyoxox

-1996-

the two teens entered to locker room to see the rest of the girls dancing to 'shoop' by salt and pepa, cheryl loved this song. 'your late.' they turn around to see a very angry team captain. 'again.'

'we're here aren't we?' van cockily replied before walking to her locker and changing into the uniform. cheryl was in fact staring before jackie's hands clapped in her face.

'hello? earth to cherry?' she said irritated.

'er,' cheryl turned back to jackie. 'give us shit about it later.' answered the girl, before skipping to her own locker and swiftly getting changed. jackie just huffed in response and walked to the bathroom.

after she was changed she needed to do her makeup and get a dumb be on her face. as she entered the bathroom she saw allie and decided to sneak up behind her. 'rahh,' taunted the older girl.

'dude u almost messed up my bee,' allie whinned.

'um jackie?' lottie appeared by the door. 'coach wants to see you in his office.'

'okay give me a sec' jackie responded, clearly concentrated.

'jackie, now' lottie stressed.

'ugh fine, van will u finish this up?' jackie hollered over to van in the other stall.

'yeah sure, hold on' she called back, coming out she washed her hands and took the paint brush from jackie before she walked out heading for the office.
'allie? you good?' van ventured.

'i'm the only one who got asked you know?' allie stated. vans confused face made her elaborate. 'to the prom?'

'ohh. yeah i know it sucks,' van sympathetically told the girl.

'my dress was gonna be amazing,' she dragged out.

'well, at least you can wear it next year?' van tried to make light of the situation.. and failed.

'you don't get it van, cause nobody asked you.' allie shot.

'hey! allison!' cheryl said in a raised voice. 'not cool.'

'okay your done.' van told her, allie looked in the mirror to check the little bee on her face. have a fake smile and strutted out. van stared to chuckle to herself as soon as the brunette left the room.

'what's her problem?' lottie asked, still standing in the door frame.

'i don't know, hold on be right back.' cheryl replied, walking after allie. 'allison.'

'yes?' allie said, still not looking at her. cheryl grabbed her arm and pilled her into the hallway.

'what was that?' she started.

'what? i was joking.' assured allie. 'just cuz she's your girlfriend doesn't mean i have to be nice to her.'

'it kind of does? and keep your mouth shut for crying out loud.' cheryl said while hushing her sister. 'you know, the team would like you if you where less of a bitch to everyone.'

'sure,' allies sarcastic tone just pissed her off more, before she could say anything else she had walked away.

now everyone was back in the hall lining up for there entrance. cheryl was placed at the very back next to a akilah from the JV team, she only caught her name once during training. she was sweet, a little quiet though. 'now this act needs no introduction,' a man started over the speakers. 'let make some noise for new jersey's state champions!' the second the last word left his mouth the cheering started, mostly coming from misty quigley. she wasn't even on the team technically but she served as kind of like a team manger. which earned her to spot on the plane.

'BUZZ, BUZZ, BUZZ,' the small girl screamed as soon has she saw the yellowjackets run out into the auditorium. not long after the yellowjacket mascot made his entrance earning a much louder cheer from the crowd. cheryl always wondered who was under the suit, maybe it was randy or one of the other jocks. she was soon broken from her day dream as said mascot came behind her a lifted her from the ground, making her and the rest of the team laugh.

———————————————————————

after the pep rally, all the girls had to get set up for practice. as they had like half an hour since it even started van and cheryl decided to stay behind ein the locker room for a bit. as soon as shauna and jackie stopped gossiping and left, the to girls skipped to the bathroom in one of the stalls. took longer than expected. 'ow,' van said, muffled by cheryl lips crashing back onto hers. seriously we need a better hookup spot cause this is ridiculous!' cheryl only giggled in response to get girlfriends bitching.
in a flirtatious tone van responded 'what's so funny,' while running her fingers through cheryl, now brushed, hair.

'mmm,' cheryl paused. 'what's the time?' she asked while still littering vans jaw with kisses.

'4:49!' van gasped.

'oh,shit' cheryl said while hurriedly putting her shit back on. was was right, they really needed a new spot because these stalls are way to small. before opening the door to leave she stopped, 'hey don't forget i'm coming round yours to get ready for the bomb fire, got it?'

'oh, can't wait,' she replied in a cocky tone.

'shut it,' cheryl warned. 'ok byebye, love you.' before speed-walking towards the field where everyone was warming up.

'where have you been?' nat asked in a suggesting tone.

'getting ready?' cheryl said walking over to her friend.

'mm okay, then what was she doing?' nat said pointing behind Cheryl. she turned around to see her girlfriend coming from the same direction she did.

'shut up, you!' cheryl hissed and natalie who now had a smirk on her face, before kneeling on the grass to listen to coach.

'what's up state champs!?' he exclaimed. a few of the girls let out a quiet cheer. cheryl stayed quiet to get this over with. 'coach martinaz had to take care of a family thing, so for now you just have me,' he clapped his hands together and continued, 'okay, so JV is want you to grab a pinny from misty and let's get started.' just as he was about to walk off, laura lee but her hand up. 'um, yes?' coach scott asked pointing at the girl.

'shouldn't we say a prayer first?' laura lee asked with bambi eyes.

'it's just a scrimmage, laura lee.' he replied with an awkward chuckle. he soon stopped after we saw the girl was not joking. 'but, sure i guess. take it away.'

after that unnecessarily long prayer, some of the girls mocking shot up and said 'amen' after laura lee did, van being one of them. that earned her a small clear from her girlfriend and a head shake. cheryl liked laura lee, she was a nice girl. sometimes the other girls on the team would just forget about her cuz she's quite quiet most of the time. as all the girls ran to there positions, cheryl skipped past van who was still crouched and brushed past her hard enough to make her wobble a little bit.

at the sound of a whistle, they where off. allie got the ball first but taissa was right on her tail as soon as one of the JV girls kicked it from under her feet. cheryl was on the other end of the field so she barely saw what had happened but it slightly annoyed her.
multiple rounds, multiple times allie lost the ball. cherry even tried to help for most of them by stealing it back and passing it to her. nothing really helped. 'come on allie! that should have been yours!' coach yelled as he blue the whistle. cheryl watched as taissa ran over the the coach and said somthing. she watched as he nodded and taissa swapped with one of the JV girls. cheryl new what she was doing.
the next round taissa was right on allies tail whenever she had the ball. when she kicked it from between allies legs to another girl, she turned to allie and said somthing. again cheryl couldn't here but she guessed it was just tai ripping into her.

shauna walked up to tai next, looking worried? taissa brushed her off as the whistle blew and they where off again. this time allie stoped tai from taking the ball from her a kicked it to cheryl, she ran past a few JV girls trying to block her and eventually kicked it to shauna. 'SHAUNA, HERE!' allie yelled for shauna with the ball. at this moment cheryl was weirdly proud of her sister, she couldn't explain why. as she kicked it allie amd tai both ran for it, only tai slid and knocked allie legs out of under her and she went rolling. cheryl cringed a little half expecting allie to get up and walk it off. wrong.

allie stayed curled up on the floor. and then she saw it. blood, and a lot of it. allies screams echo's across the whole pitch. her heart dropped as she ran other to her little sister to see her leg, the whole bone was poking out. blood basically spilling out.

'oh my god!' cheryl panted and other girls began to circle allison.

'holy shit,' coach said with a gaped expression.

'we need to stop the bleeding!' misty said pressing a spare pinny on her leg. allie screamed so loud everyone backed away.

'misty! fuck off!' cherry yelled at the curly haired girl. she knows she trying to help but she's not trying hard enough.

'misty, go into bills office there's a phone! call and ambulance!' coach scott ordered.

'you mean coach martinez?' she asked.

'yes! jesus christ go! now!' he barked at the girl before walking off.

cheryl's hand where still on allies leg trying to stop it from bleeding anymore. 'allie?' she asked, in attempt to calm the girl down, 'allison!' she raised her voice. the girl, now laid with her head it lotties lap, looked up with tears rolling down her face. 'i-im,' she started while harshly swallowing, 'i'm gonna push it back in okay?'

'what?!' allie shot up panicked.

'it's okay!' lottie trying calming the girl, lying her back on her lap.

'ready?' cheryl's hands where now shaking and stained red with now much blood. allie only nodded, her eyes squeezed shut. '3,2..' bracing her self she did it. '1.' she pushed the bone back into the gorey leg. allison let out a murderous scream when the bone went back in. everyone hushing her, telling her it's all over didn't seem to help. she picked up the pinny and tied it round the girls leg in effort to stop it from moving around. of corse she didn't know if it would work.

the team stayed with her till the ambulance came, but they didn't let cheryl ride with her as she's not an adult. instead coach scott went with her and waited for her dad to meet them there, he was gonna be so mad.

———————————————————

things where quiet in the locker room, no one spoke, no one moved, taissa sat her self in the corner away from everyone. she felt so guilty. when jackie walked in no one even batted an eye at her.

'so..' she started. no one looked. 'maybe it's not as bad as it looks?' jackie almost sounded hopeful. the whole wait in the locker room, cheryl started at her hands. covers in her sisters blood, she was definitely going to throw up whatever she had for lunch.

'you could see her fucking bone jackie!' natalie started. 'i'm pretty sure it's exactly as bad as it looks.'

that was it, cheryl was up and running to the nearish stall the throw up everything she ate before hand. once she had finished she heard the girls talking before natalie slammed her locker and called tai out. 'nice going, taissa.'

great. just great. she came out of the stall to wash the blood of her hands as best she she could before leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this one is definitely longer than the other two combined but i had so much fun writing it! i think the next chapter will be more of a filler!

word count: 2025
🐻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

930 37 15
What happens if someone was actually smart in the team and kept some of them alive for a longer time? Laura Lee, Javi and Jackie survives, but someon...
513 35 5
" 𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄. 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐈𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍, 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 ! " short summary inside! (l...
15.4K 953 32
Have you ever thought about how much change it would bring if there was another person with them on the plane? Who would be saved? Who would rather d...
7.4K 660 19
𝐍𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐒. ❊ 𝐘𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐓𝐒 ❝ đ˜”đ˜©đ˜Ș𝘯𝘬đ˜Ș𝘯𝘹 𝘰𝘧 đ˜șđ˜°đ˜¶, đ˜Ș𝘮 𝘱 đ˜±đ˜°đ˜Șđ˜Žïżœ...