The Life of Dark: Book 1; Gui...

Von AvatarKalini

Many centuries-maybe even a few millenniums-before Avatar Aang ended the 100 year war. An Unrecognized Avatar... Mehr

The Unlikely Union
The Break-Out

The Betrayal

79 6 0
Von AvatarKalini

Nearing the end of the first week within the Fire Nation's Royal Palace, Princess Kalini had completed most of her tasks. She sat through countless lectures about the Fire Nation's customs, culture, history, and even picked up a few things that she adapted to her etiquette and appearance. She learned some dishes that were favorites within the Fire Nation and even visited the royal spa inside the palace with Lua during the times she was free. Lua spent whatever time she could with Kalini if she wasn't attending to her duties. But on the occasions she wasn't available, Lua would wander the Fire Nation Capital's towns and villages, meet people, make friends, and repeat the process. Chieftain Tien, when finished with several daily meetings about Kalini's arrangements, would spend his time getting a feel for the Fire Nation as well as hold several small meetings and gatherings with his soldiers and servants.

One afternoon, Kalini lounged in the luxurious spa within the palace. The room was decorated with rich, warm colors and the sound of gently crackling flames from small, controlled fires provided a soothing atmosphere. Kalini was wrapped in a plush pale blue towel, her deep blue hair wet from mineral baths as she sat by a large, steaming hot spring. She seemed out of place amidst the fiery decor yet there was a spark of excitement when Lua entered the space. Lua wore a red plush towel, her hair covered with another, and around her neck, a Fire Nation necklace. She sat opposite Kalini and leaned back with a relaxed smile, cheerfully speaking. "Kalini, the steam is amazing."

"It's certainly different from the mist in the oasis," Kalini said, giggling. "But I must admit it's quite relaxing." Lua looked over at Kalini, giving her a smirk as a servant placed a hot towel over her eyes. "Maybe you'll start to like it here so much that you won't want to leave." Kalini smiled and looked around the room before shifting her gaze back to Lua. "Who knows?" she said as she twirled one finger around the other. Lua jolted up, the towel on her eyes falling off onto the floor. "Oh? And what charm might that be? Or should I say..." Lua got up from her seat and sat right next to Kalini. "Who?" she finished her dramatic pause. Kalini blushed slightly, her smile widening when she thought of Hira'a, the Prince of the Fire Nation.

"Well, there's Prince Hira'a, of course. He's been... quite the gracious host," Kalini mutters under her breath, Lua's eyebrows raised as she responds. "I've noticed the way he looks at you. Like you're the northern star guiding him through the night." Kalini chuckles as she thinks about how thoughtful Lua could be at moments. "That's quite poetic, Lua. But it's not just about attraction. If our union were to happen, it would symbolize a new era of peace and unity between our nations," Kalini says before Lua switches the topic, now that she's drowned in political talk that she didn't quite comprehend. She picked up on Kalini's vocabulary and proper grammar skills because she was her friend, but she never saw herself as a public figure, someone capable of voicing her opinions elegantly with authority. "Speaking of unions, I met this Fire Nation boy the other night at the royal feast. His name is Dian, and he has the most fascinating stories about traveling across the volcanic ridges," Lua says.

Kalini smiles slightly, leaning back as she hears her friend is enjoying her time in the Fire Nation as well. "It seems you're making your own connections here, Lua. That's wonderful!" Kalini says, clapping her hands twice and smiling. Two servants approach her and ask if she wants her hair washed, as another approaches Lua and begins to give her a manicure. Once Kalini's hair was in the wash sink, she continues her conversation with Lua from a distance. "There's much more I would have to learn, though, to assume the role of crowned princess here," Kalini says. Lua glances at her and then at her nails. "I've seen you master waterbending forms that would make the most seasoned benders envious," she says while admiring her fingernails. Kalini turns her head slightly and glances at Lua. "Thank you, Lua. But it's more than bending. It's about understanding the customs, the traditions... the way of life here. It's so different from our tribe," Kalini says as Lua relaxes her head back into the wash sink. A servant begins to wash her long, luscious brown hair. The servant washing Kalini's hair begins to manicure her fingernails after rinsing her hair, as Kalini bends the remaining moisture out of her hair back into the sink. "I can only imagine," Lua says before sighing as she contemplates how much Kalini has been through in the last three and a half years after assuming the role and title of crowned Princess of the Water Tribe.

"So... What's been the most challenging custom you've gone through?" Lua questions as Kalini's mind wanders to what the most difficult aspect of her time in the Fire Nation was. "Maybe the Agni Kai ceremonies." Lua looks confused as Kalini goes into detail. "They're a form of resolving disputes with firebending. It's a powerful tradition here, and it's taken very seriously," Kalini explains. Although she has attended one ceremony within the Agni Kai chambers inside the palace during her time there, she has read about the Agni Kai ceremonies and the rules. "That does sound intense. But knowing you, you'll bring a sense of calm and reason to it all," Lua says as the servant doing her fingernails finishes and moves on to Kalini's feet. "I hope to. And then there's firebending itself. As a waterbender, it's not natural for me, but Hira'a has been teaching me neutral forms that could improve my waterbending," Kalini says, blushing at the thought of Hira'a, but not letting it show. Lua turns her head slightly towards Kalini before gesturing for the servant washing her hair to step back as she bends the remaining water from her hair. "I've seen you practicing with him in the courtyard!" Lua exclaims and continues. "And your forms are getting sharper, it's like watching the sun and moon dance together."

"It's all about balance. The push and pull, the yin and yang of our elements. If Hira'a and I are to lead together, we must understand each other—not just as benders, but as people from different worlds coming together," Kalini preaches before two soldiers of the Fire Lord enter the spa. "Your Highness, your presence is requested in the throne room," one of them says, shielding his eyes. Kalini instinctively covers her exposed skin as the other guard hands a bulky chest box to two of the female servants within the spa. "As you were, ladies," the other guard says as he looks down before both of them turn around and leave. "Well, that wasn't creepy," Lua chatters before Kalini gently smacks her hand. "Ow." Kalini looks over to the servants and apologizes for her friend's remark. "Be nice, Lua," Kalini says. Lua attempts to speak again, but Kalini repeats herself to Lua before asking for the chest to be placed in front of her.

As she opens the chest, she sees two tunic-like dresses that appear to have been custom-made. The first tunic is red with gold accents and a red strip of fabric to tie at the waistline, featuring a golden emblem with the Water Tribe insignia forged onto it. Behind that dress is another tunic, also red, with white accents, a purple stripe down the middle part of the dress, and a purple stripe to tie at the waistline, adorned with a golden emblem similar to the first one. There's a piece of paper at the bottom-left side of the chest. Kalini stares at it before Lua catches her gaze. "What is it?" Lua says, getting up and running to look inside the chest. She sees a mysterious piece of folded paper inside the chest box. "Ooh, a note! Let's see what it says." With a mischievous grin, Lua clears her throat and begins to read the note in a comically exaggerated voice.

"Dear Princess Kalini—Miss Lua of the Water Tribe, I hope these dresses find you well. Wear them with grace and style. Yours truly, Prince Hira'a." Kalini can't help but laugh after Lua's dramatic pause in between their names. "Lua, that voice! You sound nothing like Prince Hira'a," Kalini says as she stands from her seat and snatches the note from Lua, reading it frantically. "It says here that Prince Hira'a is inviting us to a royal banquet tomorrow evening. He says these tunics were custom-made for our honor... uh, this one's yours," Kalini says as she tosses the red and gold tunic in Lua's direction. She admires the patterning in the fabric on her tunic. This must have been time-consuming Kalini thinks to herself before Lua's voice interrupts her thoughts. "Mister Bun-Man has impeccable taste," she says as she holds her tunic up to her figure. Kalini can't help but let out a small, uncontrollable laugh before inhaling and exhaling. She places her hand on one of Lua's shoulders and says, "Oh Lua, I'd love to stay and laugh at your remarks about my future husband, but I must get ready for my appearance in the throne room."

In the majestic Throne Room of the Fire Nation palace, Fire Lord Hasu sits on his throne, a somber expression on his face as Princess Kalini stands before him, her gaze steady but filled with emotion. Prince Hira'a stands beside his father, his eyes downcast and troubled. "Princess Kalini, you have carried out your marital duties here in the Fire Nation with grace and honor. Your presence has been a blessing to us all," the Fire Lord says, his voice traveling through the room. "Thank you, Fire Lord Hasu. It has been a privilege to serve as a bridge between our two nations during this time," Kalini says, glancing at Hira'a and then back at the Fire Lord. He continues his speech, "However, the time has come for you, Prince Hira'a, and your father to return to the Water Tribe and carry out Hira'a's marital duties in the North Pole." The throne room is quickly filled with murmurs prior to Kalini's response. She takes a deep breath as she begins to speak, "I understand, Fire Lord Hasu. I will make sure my father makes such plans for our departure," she says.

Hira'a stands and begins to speak, his voice filled with anguish. "Father... I can't leave my nation, my culture, my life," he preaches before his father's gaze is upon him. "I know, my son. It is never easy to leave behind loved ones and a homeland you hold dear. But when duty calls, we must answer," Fire Lord Hasu says sternly. Kalini stares at the look on Hira'a's face as she takes two steps forward towards him. "Hira'a, my dear. I understand your pain. I, too, did not want to leave my people. But I promise to be as gracious and patient a host to you back home in the North Pole as you were to me here," Kalini says, her voice filled with compassion and a soothing tone.
Hira'a's gaze shifts towards her, deep into her brown eyes as he loses his tension. "Very well, push the banquet to this evening," he says as he steps down from the throne, waving his hand to his guardsmen and approaching Kalini, glaring down at her. "I hope you received my gift, Princess," Hira'a says. Kalini stares up at him before he walks away. She quickly bows her head towards the Fire Lord before hurrying after Hira'a.

As she reaches the corridor, she notices that his figure has disappeared. She exhales sadly before turning around and seeing a massive figure in front of her. Instinctively, she presses her hands together—her pointer and middle finger—and jerks them towards the figure's ribcage. A massive hand grabs ahold of her fingers and quickly interlocks her hands by her wrist. "You shouldn't attack your husband... much less a firebender," Hira'a's voice fills the air. Kalini's eyes dart up, embarrassed as she pulls her hands away and fixes her hair. "Prince Hira'a... I-I came looking for you," she says before turning around and motioning him to follow her. As they exit the corridor, two guardsmen begin to mumble. "The union of Fire and Water through royal blood... it could change everything," one guard whispers to the other. "If Princess Kalini and Prince Hira'a go through with this marriage, it could shift the balance of power completely," the other says nervously. "We must investigate and determine the real purpose behind this alliance," he says before sneaking out of the palace.

Prince Hira'a follows Princess Kalini to the palace garden. They stroll alongside each other, not saying anything, and stop at the large turtle duck pond. "The scenery is beautiful," Kalini says, breaking the silence. "It's truly breathtaking," she continues as Hira'a looks over at her. He stares at her features—her hair, her eyes, her freshly done nails—getting lost in his gaze. Hira'a finally snaps out of his stuck glare and responds. "I'm glad you appreciate them, Kalini," he says as he kneels down and places his hand in the pond. "This place holds many fond memories for me," he continues as Kalini turns and glances at him. "What type of memories?" Kalini asks, trying her best to keep the curiosity in her voice low. "Me and my friends grew up here practically," he says before standing back up—glaring down at Kalini. "After school or training, we'd meet here and just be kids...."

"And now...?" Kalini finishes his sudden pause.

"It seems to be your favorite part of this experience," Hira'a says softly, averting his gaze away from Kalini, holding his neck with his right hand, his left hand reaching behind his back. "It has its perks," she says before glancing down at his arm that's out of sight. "What's that?" She questions, gesturing towards what he's hiding. Hira'a hesitantly brings his hand in between them and reveals a betrothal necklace. She notices the fusion of Fire and Water, intricately woven into its design. The pendant depicts a graceful wave, symbolizing the fluidity of water, encased in a flame-shaped setting, representing the fierce passion of fire. "It's... beautiful, but it's unlike anything I've ever seen," she says softly, glancing up at him before back to the necklace she's taken out of his hand. "That's because it's a fusion of our cultures, Lini. Look closely," Hira'a says, putting his hand behind hers, standing behind her as she inspects the necklace.

"I see... The wave symbolizes my tribe's connection to the water, and the flame represents the strength and passion of the Fire Nation—it's exquisite," Kalini says, brushing her fingers over the pendant itself and then around the band, which was purple, a combination of the pigments blue and red. "I wanted this necklace to reflect the harmony between our nations and the bond we share," Hira'a says."Y-you made this?" Kalini replies, looking at the pond and then back at him. "I read those were the requirements. My father insisted I—not the servants—create such a significant item to our arrangement, as those were the customs," Hira'a responds."I'm sorry if I offended your cul-." Kalini interrupts his attempt to apologize for the sweetest thing he's—or anyone has ever done for her. "Hira'a, I understand this might be difficult for y—us, But please know that I appreciate this gesture," she says, confronting his defensive yet vulnerable gaze. "I just want to make my father proud," he mumbles reluctantly. Kalini turns around, facing towards him and looking up into his eyes. "And you will, Prince Hira'a. Together we will navigate this new chapter with strength and grace," Kalini says, resting her head on his chest, wrapping her arms around him, embracing him. "Thanks, Lini," Hira'a says, kissing her forehead before she gazes up with a death stare. "I don't like that name," she groans at Hira'a, before looking at the pond, still hugging him. He looks down with a smile, hugging her back, he says, "I like it."

Lua wanders the Coronation Temple, hoping to meet her mysterious friend Dian, whom she had encountered a few days prior at the royal feast. She sits on the top of the stairs, leaning her head against a railing, sighing as she contemplates if she and Dian really had a connection. Maybe he was just nice Lua thinks to herself when she hears murmurs and footsteps in the far distance. Lua stands up and walks down the few steps, curious and confused about what the noise might be. "Wh-who's there... Dian?" Lua says, before looking at the nearby fountain. As she attempts to assume a defensive position, she's surrounded by a ring of fire, and before she can say anything, a dart is shot into her neck, causing her to pass out within the ring of fire.

When she regains awareness, she notices she's in a prison cell, with several other Water Tribe guards and servants who are tied up—as well as herself. Some have blindfolds on and burn scars, while others are bound by their wrists and ankles. Lua also notices that there's a guardsman within the cell. "W-what happened?" she mumbles, turning onto her side and then onto her back. The guard hears her and goes to the door, signaling to the guard outside the cell. The other guard comes in and pulls Lua by her arm, dragging her into a separate room. "Hey! What's going on?" Lua yells before she's thrown into a chair and bound by one of her ankles and both her wrists. "I'm with the Chief and Princess of the Water Tribe," she yells and kicks her foot. The guard looks at her and says, "We know," before tying her other ankle to the chair post.

A Sergeant enters the cell, standing and staring at Lua. Before attempting to speak, Lua's voice breaks the silence in the air. "What are you looking at, creep?" she says, angrily and quietly. He walks towards her and kneels beside the chair, not saying anything but his face filled with intimidation. Lua spits in his face, smirking as he backs away. "You think you're so powerful," the sergeant says, wiping her saliva from his face and turning back towards her. He stands in front of Lua, his hands behind his back as a guard approaches them, a flame in his hand. "Must we begin, Sergeant?" the guard says. The Sergeant holds his arm out, signaling the guard to stand down. "She knows nothing," he says. "Besides, we have more than enough evidence to abolish any alliance between the Fire Nation and these Water Tribe peasants." While turning around and before exiting, he hears Lua's voice. "You're the true peasant! Call me that when you want a fair duel! I'll crush you, old man," she says, thrashing around in the binds. He looks back at her but does not turn his body completely. "You will suffer, with the rest of your kind, once Tien's plans are delivered to the Fire Lord," the sergeant says before exiting the cell. The guard stays behind and generates a smoke cloud that causes Lua to choke from the lack of oxygen and pass out from smoke inhalation. The guard leaves the cell, locking it behind him, leaving Lua unconscious—tied to the chair with various scorch marks and black spots covering her tunic, face, arms, ankles, and hands.

On the docks of First Lord's Harbor, inside the Water Tribe's ship, Chieftain Tien sat in his office rummaging through ancient texts from scrolls and books before his search for something is brought to a conclusion. There's a knock on the door of his cabin. General Haitao approaches his desk with a grave expression etched upon his face. Tien glances up and notices Haitao's solemn demeanor. Before looking back at the scrolls, he says, "What troubles you, General Haitao?" Haitao bows before delivering horrible news. "Chief Tien, I bring troubling news. We have reports that some servants and soldiers tasked with serving your daughter have vanished," General Haitao says hesitantly and reluctantly. Tien's eyes widen in concern and fear, his grip tightening on the scroll in his hand. "Vanished? How many are unaccounted for?" Tien asks. Hesitantly, Haitao responds, "So far, six of our soldiers and two of our servants have disappeared without a trace. We fear they may have fallen victim to foul play." Before Tien could react, a female servant enters the cabin of the ship. "Chief, your daughter and her....husband are here with news from the Fire Lord." Tien's jaw clenches. He rushes Haitao out and warns him not to say anything to his daughter about what has happened.

Tien returns to his desk, rubbing his hand over his face as Kalini and Hira'a approach the cabin. Before Kalini or Hira'a can say anything, Tien's voice, filled with unease, fills the cabin's small space. "Kalini, Prince Hira'a, what brings you both before me today?" he says, glaring at Hira'a like a madman. Kalini steps in between her father's gaze. "Father, Prince Hira'a has something important to discuss regarding his duties in this alliance," she says, her father's eyes glancing down at her and then back at Hira'a, who stands just as tall as him, his expression a mix of determination and apprehension. "Chief Tien, my father has requested that I travel to the Water Tribe to fulfill my obligations there," Hira'a says steadily. Chief Tien's brows furrow in surprise, his gaze shifting between Kalini and Hira'a. "Your duties in the Water Tribe? What does your father mean by this, Prince Hira'a?" Tien questions. Hira'a responds hesitantly but firmly, "My father wishes for me to oversee certain matters of diplomacy and trade between our nations, as a sign of goodwill and cooperation."

"Father, I believe this could be an opportunity to strengthen our alliance. Prince Hira'a has shown a genuine desire to mend the rift between the Fire Nation and the Water Tribe," Kalini says before her father could respond, her voice filled with concern. "Very well then, we will graciously teach you the way of our tribe, Prince Hira'a," Tien says, although he doesn't sound the least enthusiastic about it. "We suggest that preparations be made for our departure tomorrow morning. With your permission, of course," Hira'a says, squinting his eyes at Tien. "Yes...." Tien says hesitantly, before shifting his gaze to the servant. "Tell the captain to come see me."
"Thank you, Dad," Kalini says before turning to leave the cabin of the ship with Prince Hira'a  "I wonder where Lua is, I haven't seen her since our spa visit this morning," Kalini says aloud as they exit the ship.

The Royal Banquet Room inside the Fire Nation's Royal Palace was adorned with warm colors and shimmering decorations in preparation for the royal feast. Princess Kalini anxiously scanned the room, her worry evident as she searched for her friend Lua, who had yet to arrive. Kalini wore the outfit Hira'a had made for her, and beside her stood Hira'a wearing his respective Fire Nation royal armor as well as his headpiece. "Hira'a, have you seen Lua anywhere? She's not here, and I'm starting to get really worried," Kalini said to Hira'a, pacing the length of the massive door. Hira'a placed his hand on Kalini's shoulder and pulled her out of the way of guests entering the banquet hall. "I'm sure she'll be here soon, Princess. Try not to worry too much," he said, before ushering her inside the banquet hall as Fire Lord Hasu, Mersa, and Princess Lizu approached them offering warm greetings. "Princess Kalini, it's a pleasure to have you join us for this feast," Fire Lord Hasu said. Kalini tried to force a smile as she replied, "Thank you, Fire Lord Hasu." Mersa gestured for Kalini to sit beside them, while Chief Tien took his place with other Water Tribe members.

"Please, join us, Princess Kalini. You are most welcome here," Mersa said as Princess Lizu held onto her mother's hand. As Kalini took her seat, Prince Hira'a stood at the head of the table, raising his goblet for attention. "My esteemed guests, I would like to propose a toast. To the leaders of our nations, Chief Tien of the Water Tribe and Fire Lord Hasu of the—" Hira'a's speech was brought to a halt as several Fire Nation guards and soldiers entered the banquet hall. They bowed before Fire Lord Hasu, as the guard in front prepared to deliver horrendous news. "Fire Lord Hasu, we have exposed a truth that must be shared," he said. Fire Lord Hasu and the rest of the room averted their gazes towards the guard. "Princess Kalini..." he said, glancing over at Kalini who was shocked to hear her name before continuing. "She's no resolution or diplomatic solution for any alliance—" He was cut off by Chief Tien. "This is preposterous! My daughter is a princess, not some... some weapon!" Tien yelled defensively. "Princess Kalini is not only a diplomat but also the Avatar, a being capable of bending all four elements. She has been kept in the dark about her true identity by her own father, who seeks to overthrow all four nations completely."

The room grew tense as all eyes turned towards Princess Kalini, who was in disbelief, her mind reeling from the shocking revelation. "I'm the Avatar?" she whispered, her voice trembling with uncertainty. Memories flooded her mind, images of dreams and conversations she had dismissed as mere figments of her imagination. Suddenly, a flashback seized her, transporting her back to the palace where the water sages had spoken of locating the Avatar and informing her father. "Yes your highness, we have located the avatar and informed your father." The realization hit her like a tidal wave, washing over her with the weight of truth she had unknowingly carried.

Before she could fully process the revelation, chaos erupted as Fire Lord Hasu ordered Chief Tien's arrest, accusing him of deceit. The guards moved swiftly, closing in on Chief Tien, but he was not one to go down without a fight. With swift movements, he summoned water from nearby goblets, forming protective rings of water around him. "You will not take me so easily, Fire Lord," Chief Tien declared, his voice echoing with defiance as he repelled the incoming guards and created a wall of ice, shattering the window in his escape.
As the chaos subsided and reality settled back in, Kalini found herself shaken but resolute. Despite the shock and hurt, she found her inner strength rising. With a determined expression, Kalini rose from her seat, her mind focused on one thing: finding her father. Ignoring the commotion around her, she swiftly made her way through the chaos.

As Kalini reached the end of the table, her eyes fixated on the goblets still filled with water. Without hesitation, she extended her hands, bending the water within them with practiced precision. With a fluid motion, she manipulated the water into a makeshift trail, guiding her towards the window where her father had made his escape. She spun herself onto and utilized the water wall trail her father left, and when she reached the end, she flipped off it and landed perfectly. Taking in her surroundings, Kalini scanned the area, searching for any sign of her father's trail. She glanced towards the nearby water sources, the ponds, and potted plants, but there was no indication of his path. Prince Hira'a and other guards soon arrived at the scene, appearing behind her. "He got away," Prince Hira'a said as he hovered behind Kalini. She turned toward him, her gaze a mix of fear and determination. "I-I didn't know," she stammered before his bodyguard intervened, placing a hand on his shoulder. Hira'a turned his gaze towards his bodyguard, who gave him a meaningful look before another guard of the Fire Lord stepped in. "We must take her to her people," the guard said firmly.

"Am I under arrest?" Kalini asked, her tone hesitant yet snarky.

"Yes... you are, for conspiring against the Fire Nation," the guard replied, stepping forward. But before he could make a move, Hira'a stood in front of Kalini, defending her innocence. The grip on Hira'a's shoulders tightened as he locked eyes with his bodyguard, silently communicating. Contemplating the evidence and the possibility of Kalini's treason, he turned back to Kalini, unable to speak as emotions overwhelmed him. Her eyes filled with sorrow, Kalini asked, "Do you think me a criminal?" Hira'a struggled to respond, choked up on his emotions, while his bodyguard attempted to handcuff Kalini suddenly. Gasping, Kalini pulled away, asserting her royal status. "I'm still royalty, so treat me as such," she insisted. The guard began to talk to the bodyguard, their conversation audible to Kalini. "Take her to capital city prison and don't let her near her lady," he instructed, his tone firm. The bodyguard's eyes widened as he grabbed Kalini by the arm and pulled her away from Hira'a. "I'm sorry," he said before turning to his bodyguard and speaking his name in a code-like manner. "Dian," Hira'a said.

Quickly processing the situation, Kalini realized that Lua, her friend, had been taken by the Fire Nation during the investigation. She had encountered Hira'a's bodyguard, "Dian," at the royal feast, and now it was evident that both Hira'a and Dian knew of Kalini's innocence. Kalini remained silent until they were far away from any Fire Nation soldiers patrolling the area for waterbenders or anyone involved in her father's scandal. "W-where's Lua?" she finally asked, her voice trembling with worry, though she avoided looking directly at Dian.
"Hopefully where we're going," Dian replied as they approached the prison. Entering the prison, Dian led her to the middle part of the building and placed her in a cell. "Wait here, we need a few hours," he instructed, locking the cell door behind him to ensure privacy for their conversation. "Hours? I can't be here for hours, I need to see Lua," Kalini protested frantically, her heart pounding with anxiety. "We will find her, we just need time," Dian reassured her, his voice calm but firm. "Hira'a will come to see you soon. Please, stay here," he urged, sensing Kalini's inner turmoil. As Dian backed away, leaving Kalini alone in the cell, she sifted through a whirlwind of emotions but eventually came to understand the necessity of their actions. With a heavy sigh, she nodded in reluctant acceptance as Dian exited the cell and locked it behind him, leaving Kalini alone to await Hira'a's arrival.

As a Princess, I never expected this journey. Now, burdened with destiny's weight, I navigate a path fraught with secrets and revelations. Each step reveals the intricacies of diplomacy and sacrifice. Yet, as Princess Kalini, I stand resolute. Guided by the Avatar's spirit I will travel the life of darkness my father bestowed upon me.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

17.6K 362 26
They were never actually even suppose to meet... she was just suppose to be a hylian princess, and he, was suppose to be a forest boy. But somehow th...
1.3K 88 10
You're an orphan with a very unusual life and powers. You've hopped from place to place in search of special items and answers. Your journey has now...
11K 280 5
Fairy Tail and Harry Potter fanfiction. The characters in the Fairy Tail world go to the Harry Potter world. Takes place after The Cursed Child (But...
1.3M 52.4K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...