|| Bhanupriyaa : The Rule of...

By Nakshatra012m

Book Ӡ in PandavaNandini Trilogy " Our love would remain forever, eternally going beyond the elixir of heave... More

Preface
Dedication
Prologue
1 | A Night of Ghosts
2 | The Labyrinth of Despair
3 | Celestial whispers
4 | Remains of Hastinapura
5 | Shattered Reflections
6 | Dead End
7 | Embers of Revelation
8 | Flames Turn Cold
9 | Scars of the Past
10 | When Virtue Ascends
11 | The Power of Belonging
12 | Moments that Matter
13 | United Hearts
14 | Heartfelt Connections
15 | The Throne's Call
16 | Stardust Gatherings
17 | Before the Mahotsavam
18 | Maharaja Patta-Abhisheka
19 | Whispered Goodbyes
20 | Miles of Love
21 | Societal Chessboard
22 | Duality's Canvas
23 | Velvet Dreams
24 | Stars Aligned
25 | In the Shadow's Wake
26 | Timeless Beginnings
27 | The Golden Hour
28 | Vivaha Utsavam
29 | Kalyana Vaibhavam
30 | In the Heart's Embrace
31 | Within Lotus Heartbeats
32 | Inside Their Hearts
33 | Heartstrings Attached
35 | Progression with Reforms
36 | Moonlit Melodies
37 | Lands of Vrindavan
38 | The Immortal Bond
39 | Poisoned Roots
40 | Scattered Ashes
41 | Our Divine Eternity

34 | Glow of Krishna's Plumes

267 66 61
By Nakshatra012m

-|| In the Glow of Krishna's Plumes ||-

"Krishna's love, a peacock feather adorning his children's soul"

◊◊◊

' Rajakumari Suthanu , Dwarkadeesh has sent a message for your presence in his palace in a prahara ' , Neerja's voice echoed in Suthanu's ears as she was walking through the palace gardens to go to Krishna's place. It would have been for the ritual of blessing her for the first dish that she had cooked earlier in the morning.

As the guard opened the doors for her in the common chambers , Krishna sat inside with scrolls all around him along Satyabhama and Mitravinda who were conversing perhaps internal financial records.

" Pranaam " , Suthanu greeted softly folding her palms as Krishna , Satyabhama and Mitravinda looked up at her with a smile.

" Come in Lily " , Krishna placed the scroll in his hand on the royal table.

" I hope I didn't disturb you all seems something important" , Suthanu voiced , " Shall I come some other time , Maa? ".

" No Vaidooryam " , Satyabhama spoke , " This is going to take us some time.  After the war , the trade in our ports is declining at a rate beyond our calculations. The war expenses for weaponry and basic needs of men has almost washed away a huge part of our treasury. The open medical quarter are quite full as well and that is taking quite a large part of the treasury as well. We are working it out Vaidooryam and Bhanu's absence affects us as well ".

" Natha's absence Maa? " , Suthanu questioned softly.

" Please take a seat , Lily " , Krishna gestured Suthanu as she compiled , " Bhanu who usually looked over a large part of the state's treasury has handed it over to Pradyumna after the Rajya Abhisheka. Pradyumna is well-versed to manage indeed but he has been more inclined towards the armory and less in the state accounts. There are loopholes that he is trying his best to analyze. Those reports are these scrolls in front of us ".

" But Pita , Natha would never let such entire pressure to fall upon Bhrata's shoulders to my understanding. Such a major change? " , Suthanu's brows curved.

" It was made to hand over , Bangaram ", Mitravinda spoke , " You know our governance , it is diversified and this diversity when it came as one force - it became stronger. But diversity now is causing disintegration within the royal officials Thanu. There was a group that questioned the intervention of a king of an other kingdom in the matters of critical importance ".

" But Maa , it is irrational. How can Natha possibly even think of causing harm to Anartta? " , Suthanu's eyes widened , " A son can never betray his motherland ".

" We know that truth , Thanu. Bhanu will never think of such a thing " , Mitravinda spoke , " The quick turn of events , his own mental state didn't let him make questions even though we tried persuading him to appeal ".

Suthanu sat silent for a moment.

" Maa , Maryada Purshottama Shree Ram also had kings in his royal court be it Maharaja Sugriva or Maharaja Vibhishan as officials. Now , even my father has and earlier Kuru had Angaraja. The basis of all this was a treaty signed , can this be done? " , Suthanu looked at Krishna , Satyabhama and Mitravinda in question.

" You are right , child. We had suggested the same to Bhanu earlier but things were pushed due to your Vivaha and the time gap has got things in the financial records to be escalated much beyond Pradyumna's calculations" , Krishna spoke as he turned to Satyabhama.

" Satya , we should ask Bhanu to meet us immediately. Even if started today , it will take us atleast three days to form the clauses of the treaty and maybe , a few more days for him to take over charge of the accounts ".

Satyabhama nodded in acknowledgement.

" Is the court so divided , Pita? " , Suthanu asked quite hesitantly. A few days meant the situation was quite critical.

" Unfortunately the growing differences of Satyaki and Kritverma are causing chaos , Lily and there is more to Yadavas changing ideology itself centering towards greed for power , authority and luxury " , Krishna spoke but his eyes reflected a far off thought.

" Don't worry Pita , we are all by your side and there is absolutely nothing that you cannot transform " , Suthanu added with a smile drawing a smile from Krishna.

" Swami , we called her for something and we put her into chaos of our kingdom's politics " , Satyabhama gently spoke looking at Krishna.

" Offcourse , I remember Satya. It's you and Mitra who wanted Suthanu to be informed of the proceedings related to Bhanu " , Krishna shook his head as Suthanu's eyes went to Satyabhama and Mitravinda.

" Don't look at us that way , child. It's your right and you are his Shakti ! That boy doesn't care about his own rights but you can show him the way " , Mitravinda spoke fondly shaking her head.

" But Maa , who better than you and Pita can do it ? " , Suthanu question softly.

" We won't be there always , child " , Satyabhama spoke as Suthanu's face fell instantly.

" Please Maa , you are going to be there with us for a hundred more years ! Would you make me cry by saying such ?" , Suthanu's gaze lowered like a upset child. She sat with crossed hands and an upset face.

Satyabhama looked at Krishna who smiled. Krishna rose from his place silently taking the box beside him.

Suthanu looked up as she saw Krishna's feet in her vision. Satyabhama and Mitravinda too stood beside him.

As Suthanu was about to stand , Satyabhama and Mitravinda came forward stopping her by placing their palm on her shoulder.

" Maa? " , Suthanu looked in question.

" Don't you want your gift for your first meal? " , Mitravinda smiled.

" I forgot " , Suthanu placed her hand on her head , " Was it alright Maa? Was it sufficient? Did you all like it?".

" Breath Thanu " , Satyabhama placed her palm on Suthanu's cheeks affectionately as Suthanu lowered her gaze in embarassment. 

" It felt the goddesses of Swarga blessed you in culinary expertise , Lily " , Krishna fondly smiled , " If I am going to get such food every day , what will I do when you leave off to your maternal house? ". 

" Pita " , Suthanu smiled , happy at heart that the food was loved , " It was Rukmavati Bhabhi who helped me by providing the list of everyone's favorite food ". 

" So , now it is the gift time ! " , Krishna looked at the box in his hand fondly like it was a treasure that was very close to his heart. Suthanu's brows curved as she wondered what it could be. 

Suthanu's eyes widened when she saw simple golden bangles but the emotions in Krishna's eyes heightened it's value and she knew at once , it was something truly special. 

Krishna looked at Satybhama and forwarded the box as Satyabhama blinked her eyes taking it from his hands. As Mitravinda and Satyabhama lovingly rolled the bangles into Suthanu's wrist , she smiled yet her eyes moved to Krishna. 

" Pita , what is the story behind these bangles? ". 

" I will say it for Swami , Vaidooryam " , Satyabhama looked at Krishna who gently smiled in consent , " These bangles are of maiya Yashoda. It was gifted to her by Nanda Baba during her Simantonayana". 

Suthanu instinctively looked at Krishna with almost misty eyes. 

" Maiya had given it to me during Dau's wedding , hoping this would bring in the joy that she had got with my birth " , Krishna broke into a smile , " Maiya's words are the words of the Paramatma for me , Lily. With that belief , I bless you with these bangles - hoping that you get immense joy in your life ahead ". 

Suthanu stood up from her place , she couldn't anticipate Krishna's love and regard for the bangles that adorned her wrists. It was that part of his life that could make him smile at the hour of greatest darkness , his maiya and baba who were the figures of Almighty in his heart. 

" Thanu , I want you to remember one more thing along with my blessing. In any point of life if you ever find yourself in a position where you feel you need my support without any hesitation you can come to me like I always say. I will always stand by your side " , Krishna placed his palm on Suthanu's head with a smile , " Always ". 

Suthanu fell into Krishna's embrace who smiled as Satyabhama and Mitravinda broke into a smile. Satyabhama caressed Suthanu's hairs affectionately before Suthnu drew back with a smile. 

Krishna wiped away her tears with a shake of his head , " I want my daughter to always be with a smile ". 

' And , I want my father to smile without worry as well Pita ' , Suthanu thought ; there was something that had to be done but politically she didn't want to involve until there was a need. She knew the battleground of Yadavas governance was much bigger than the politics she has seen so far in life and she hoped that the 'diversity' which was once the reason for the strong empire didn't turn into the venom that will cause it's destruction. 

Bhanu halted at the threshold of his chambers listening to the noise that came from within. He broke into a smile seeing Suthanu clean and arrange things.

He leaned by the door taking in the sight of her in his room. He let it dawn upon him the reality of the moment , his room now felt complete along with his heart.

" Thanu " , Bhanu rushed towards Suthanu who was about to slip down the wooden stool. He held the stool firmly as his concerned eyes looked at Suthanu.

He put out his palm forward helping Suthanu get down. Suthanu fell into his arms even as she got down. Bhanu held her gently.

" Why? " , Suthanu's eyes looked up to meet Bhanu and like always it was clear to him. He didn't have any need to leave his own room and reside as a guest in place that he belonged to.

" Don't blame yourself Aaru , don't even think of it" , Bhanu cupped her cheek affectionately, " I had my reasons to shift. This room didn't make any sense to me without you. Every part of this room reminded me of you , 'us' together as we dreamt when I had brought you into my chambers after Vag dhanam. The books reminded me of that poem that had 'us' written beneath the folds , the paintings were a direct reminder of your presence in my life as my light , the entrance reminded me of our interwined hands as we walked in that day together and the open space beneath which we confessed our love for each other being held close by each other". 

" I was scared Priyathama , I would leave everything and come down to Hastinapura to seek your hand. All I wanted was you , only you holding my hand and standing next to me defining my life. I was scared I would give into my own agony , the searing need to see you , hold you and to never let you go. But I knew I couldn't , it would be unfair to you and to our family. I missed you Aaru and this room was our heaven that turned hell without you. It's your presence that makes this room , Amaravati - the heaven ! " .

" Us " , Suthanu corrected with tears as she snuggled back into his arms overwhelmed, " You call it our heaven so you are Lord of it ! The very essence of it and if ever words could do justice , I love you". 

" I love you too " , Bhanu smiled wrapping his hands around her gently as he wiped away her tears causing her to smile. 

" Let's arrange it together " , Bhanu spoke as Suthanu drew away in question to which Bhanu nodded assuringly. Suthanu's eyes twinkled , it would be fun to do it together. 

The two soon got into cleaning that Suthanu had already almost dusted. Suthanu and Bhanu bantered around the books as they arranged it neatly , a few of them being a common favorite too. 

" Seriously Adi , poetry? " , Suthanu's eyes marvelled as she flipped past the pages of the book. 

" When I have such a beautiful love in my life , poetry turns a language that even warriors begin to love " , Bhanu remarked with a charm teasing Suthanu. 

" Are you trying to flirt with your own wife , Adi? " , Suthanu's eyes narrowed though she had a subtle smile. 

" I mean..." , Bhanu quickly pecked Suthanu's cheeks before heading to the other side of the room spreading the blanket that was on the royal bed with a mischievous smile, " I did ". 

" Adiiiii " , Suthanu's eyes widened as she mock-glared at him who smiled. 

They got together setting things - the bed , the saplings , the curtains , study desk with ink pots , Bhanu's weapons and  his dresses while bantering around with laughter as Bhanu narrated his childhood moments and they finally placed the paintings together on the walls - an added frame of their wedding. 

" Perfect " , Bhanu mused. 

" Just perfect " , Suthanu whispered right back standing by his side with a smile. 

Suthanu soon helped Bhanu remove his jewelleries as she looked at him concerned , he looked quite tired. 

" Look at you , your eyes seem tired. I requested you to sleep in my room , I would have done these arrangements " , Suthanu complained as Bhanu smiled. He led her towards the bed as Suthanu looked at him , he gestured her to sit as she compiled with a pout. He sat in front of her before resting his head on her lap as Suthanu broke into a smile. 

" If I left , I would have missed my time with my wife along with that this opportunity and your Adi doesn't need rest " , Bhanu mused. 

" My Adi's will doesn't but his body does " , Suthanu remarked as she ran her fingers gently through his curls , massaging them tenderly as Bhanu breathed in relief. 

" Aaru , your hands have magic " , Bhanu mused , quite lost. 

" It's all in one's mind Adi , the person who you love is beside that comfort brings you relief " , Suthanu smiled softly as Bhanu smiled though her bangles caught his attention.

" Pita and Maa gifted me " , Suthanu gazed at with reverence , " It's Pitamahi Yashoda's".

Bhanu's eyes instantly went soft , his hands gently traced the bangles , " Pitamahi's? ". Suthanu nodded gently as Bhanu looked at her.

" Aaru , sometimes my heart yearns to touch her feet and Pitamaha's atleast once in my lifetime. I have listened to them only through Maa's words but I have always found Pita's eyes reflecting the child's emotions separated from their parents whenever he hears even their name. Pita loves them indeed Aaru but he worships them more " , Bhanu spoke as Suthanu fell into thoughts. Was it ever possible?

" Ah , Aaru how was your day? " , Bhanu questioned softly.

" As beautiful as our family , Natha " , Suthanu replied with a smile , " Everyone was so warm and welcoming. Ani , our little ladla has grown up so much and I enjoyed my time playing around with him ".

" He had grown up indeed much like Jyeshtha" , Bhanu replied fondly thinking of Anirudh.

" How was your day , Adi? Is everything fine in Indraprastha? " , Suthanu looked at Bhanu.

" Reminds me " , Bhanu's eyes met Suthanu , " Thanu , you remember the night of our Vivaha? Someone had tried to assassinate me but we had got him imprisoned, keeping it under covers not wanting anyone of our families to know ". 

" Yes " , Suthanu nodded as she was reminded of the incident. When Bhanu had sneaked a moment alone with her and she had ran away after kissing his cheek. On the corridors , she had found only that particular aisle without earthen lamps and she had rushed back to Bhanu sensing there was something wrong. By the time , she had reached him - a sword was about to stab him but Bhanu reflexively caught the sword from behind in his hands finding her worried eyes. He turned gripping the man's hand tightly as the sword fell off from his hands and Bhanu knocked him harshly on his head rendering him unconscious. Suthanu rushed using Bhanu's angavastram to tigh the man to the pillar beside before they called upon Dhruv who got him into the prison. 

" It's something to do with Kalinga " , Bhanu's brows curved as Suthanu's eyes widened. It meant only one thing that Satyavan turned bitter to them , it was a rise of hostility. 

" Are the sources confirmed? ", Suthanu questioned , her own brows curved. 

" Not yet Maharani " , Bhanu closed his eyes as if in thoughts , " I have sent our spies to fetch information in detail. I don't know if the king is directly involved or is it a middle play by the men below him. But I don't get the point , the daughter of their land wasn't disrespected by any means in our land ". 

" But the king feels he was put into shame in our court " , Suthanu intervened , " It was a shock to all of us , Maharaja and such a open declaration of Amrusha's love along with her indifference to Maharaja Satyavan is sure to have infuriated him ". 

" We played no role in it , Maharani " , Bhanu spoke , " My men didn't either and so , I don't want his personal hostility to take a turn in the future causing harm to not only my people but the people of both lands ". 

" We will deal through this Adi , trust me ", Suthanu caressed his curls with a smile causing Bhanu to break into a smile. She blinked her eyes in assurance and that was all that Bhanu needed at that moment.

" Look at me " , Bhanu playfully hit his forehead , " As per ritual , I have to gift something to my dear wife. So , what do you want Aaru? ".

Suthanu placed her palm on Bhanu's that rested on his chest with a smile , " Nothing Adi , you are with me. I have everything in my life ! ".

And , the tone with such simple words she uttered touched his heart. It didn't seem mere words but the truth reflected in her eyes , in the twinkle that rested within.

Suthanu leaned softly and kissed his forehead causing Bhanu to close his eyes. Is this what it felt to have a wife? The calmness at the end of the day , the light in the night , the comfort of the stars yet the axis of the very life around which the world revolved.

Next , Suthanu found Bhanu in deep sleep holding her palm as she smiled. She gazed at him lovingly and she thought how perfectly he radiated peace, calmness and happiness. Her free palm went to caress the Gauri Shankara Rudraksh that he still wore around his wrist. He had never taken it off perhaps since their Vagdhanam.

For a moment , her heart drifted to her parents. She should write a letter to them sooner , noted Suthanu in the back of her mind.

Soon , she leaned against the headframe of the royal bed as sleep overtook her.

Bhanu's sleep broke at the mid of the night. He opened his eyes finding Suthanu rest quite uncomfortably in a sitting position. He rose at once admonishing himself momentarily for sleeping off that way.

" Aaru " , Bhanu gently whispered as Suthanu opened her eyes , " Nothing , sleep properly". He helped her to lie down before covering her with a blanket lovingly. A smile breaking on his lips as he gently tucked her hair strand behind her ear.She looked like a goddess from heaven radiating warmth and love.

Bhanu went over to his side lying down. As even he was about to close his eyes , he found a hand on his chest. He turned to look at Suthanu who was in sleep.

He smiled moving his hand in a position that made Suthanu rest her head on his shoulder. He gently pulled her closer and Suthanu wrapped her arms tightly around him finding comfort and warmth like it was her abode indeed.

Bhanu held her closer before turning to her and wrapping his other hand around her. ' Dear room , finally your wait has ended. My wait has ended ' , Bhanu thought within his mind and just like that he fell into his world of sleep. His room was complete and so was he !

The armory of Anartta was still , the morning chirping of the birds being the only sound apart from the hanging mud pots swinging in the air as Suthanu stood blindfolded with a bow and an arrow. It was her all time wish to have learn the art of archery without the sense of sight and Satyabhama had assured the former that she would teach her after the war which is the cause of her being the armory. Having taught Suthanu asked the former to practise , Satyabhama had left the place being called by Krishna. Now , Suthanu was trying to master the same art. 

She spinned reflexively listening to footsteps , she positioned herself pointing her arrow in the direction of the footsteps. 

" Shoot Maharani " 

Suthanu broke into a smile lowering her bow as she was about to untie her blindfold , Bhanu placed his palm on her hand - a silent gesture in resistance. 

" So Maharani , why did you stop? " , Bhanu teased. " To make the intruder realize that stepping into armory without shield can prove to be danger " , Suthanu teased back. 

" My shield is right here with a bow ". With a gentle touch, he positioned her hands upon the bow in position, his fingers intertwining with hers in an intimate dance.

"Feel the wind, Aaru," he murmured, his breath caressing her ear. "Let it's flow guide you along with the sound, just as our love does."

With each word he spoke, Suthanu felt a surge of emotions coursing through her veins, igniting a fire of love within her soul. She focused her mind, shutting out the distractions of the world, and allowed herself to be guided by the steady rhythm of Bhanu's heartbeat.

As the tension of the bowstring increased, Suthanu drew it back with precision, her muscles straining against the resistance. With a silent prayer upon her lips, she released the arrow into the unseen abyss, trusting in the guidance of her beloved.

For a moment, time seemed to stand still as the arrow soared through the air, slicing through the darkness with unwavering determination. And then, with a resounding thud, it struck its target true, embedding itself deep within the heart of the distant mark. 

Suthanu removed her blindfold with a smile as Bhanu put his hands around her waist causing Suthanu to turn towards him startled. Bhanu stood with mischief written all over his face. 

" Adi , someone might see us " , Suthanu tried to get away with a smile but Bhanu pulled her closer , his hands curving around her bare waist and moved around in a gentle caress causing Suthanu's every protest to die down. His lips brushed her cheek softly before he leaned in to kiss her ears. 

" You left me alone in the morning , I got no sleep after you felt me " , Bhanu complained and kissed gently , nuzzling his face into her hairs taking in the smell of fresh jasmines. 

" Adi...we might...get caught " , Suthanu tried to sound firm but somehow her voice betrayed her as she tried to hold all the sensations that ran through her veins. 

" I don't care " , Bhanu spoke confidently before Suthanu pushed him back almost instinctively. 

" Maa "

Bhanu turned to the door to find Satyabhama stepping in just then , Suthanu took a breath of relief - she was quite quick to realize though Bhanu had his troubles. He looked around to leave the place before Satyabhama's voice stopped him. 

" Bhanu " 

Satyabhama caught Bhanu's ears who winced trying to freed his ear from the hold , " What are you doing here? ". Suthanu tried to supress her smile as Bhanu mock-glared at her.

" Maiya " , Bhanu's eyes twinkled like an innocent child , " I was just here to look at the arrangements in the armory and I was just getting suggestions from Suthanu ". Bhanu winced as Satyabhama twisted his ears causing Bhanu to pout.

" Oh yes , Vaidooryam - my lal was receving suggestions from you right? " , Satyabhama glared at Bhanu as Suthanu chuckled , " Out now lal and yes , don't you dare disturb my shishya. Let her do her work and don't even roam around her during the course". Satyabhama issued her decree. Bhanu rubbed his ears as Satyabhama left it. Suthanu looked at Bhanu who sulked in muted whispers even as he turned to leave.

" Lal listen " , Satyabhama's call halted Bhanu , " I want yourself and Suthanu to come to Sudharma today just to get to know the changes in the court ! I want you to appeal in the court for your involvement in the treasury with the treaty that we discussed yesterday along with Swami after three days ".

" Maiya but Jyeshtha is looking after it and you , yourself head it. In that place , why am I even required? " , Bhanu still seemed hesitant.

" Not again from beginning Bhanu " , Satyabhama was gentle , " It's your right , lal ".

" No maiya, I have no right in governance of Anartta or in fact , the matters of even the royal family regarding the governance" , Bhanu was solemn as Satyabhama looked upset while Suthanu was startled. He has no right?

Suthanu stepped in looking at Satyabhama , " Maiya , we will meet you in a while ". Suthanu blinked her eyes in assurance to Satyabhama who nodded and left the place.

" Thanu , now don't.." , Bhanu silenced as Suthanu held his hand and gestured him to take a seat in the wooden bench nearby. She sat beside taking his palm in both her palms and looked at him.

" Adi , you don't have right? " , Suthanu questioned gently trying to read his eyes.

" When have I ever held the right over their love , Thanu?" , Bhanu smiled , " This family of mine is the blessing of the Sarveshwara , there is no question of my right over it. As a child , I tried to help Maa in Jyeshtha's absence in the governance pertaining to finance. It was her love towards me to make me able to help her and it was the good fortune of mine that courtiers supported me. I had done nothing to garner their support yet they stood by me. It was Jyeshtha's love for me that on his return , he never wanted to take back this duty from me which was practically his. Now that it is in right hands , how do I think of getting it back on the name of my right just because I dealt with it through the years or because I am Dwarkadeesha's son?".

" You know Thanu " , Bhanu's eyes were almost turning wet though he had a smile out of sheer happiness, " This family has given me so much more than I deserved. You know , we siblings are 88 in number including my lovely sisters but even during all of their birth or after their birth ; I was never side-lined in any way by my parents or the elders of the house. My darling siblings never turned away from me and always respected me. They happily come to me to share all of their happiness and problems with such right like I am never different from them. Making them happy , I feel causing happiness to Pita himself Thanu. There was a time I used to yearn for Pita's side but with time , I understood the responsibilites on his shoulder and his duties. When I cause happiness to my siblings , I feel Pita is happy with me wherever he might be at that point. Their hug out of happiness feels like I am in Pita's shelter , Thanu. When I make our family back at Hastinapura happy which I earnestly try , I feel peace covering my soul. I have only got in abundance from this family". Suthanu's eyes moist too as she heard his emotions deep within.

" Adi, you weren't bestowed with anything because they had no choice or simply because they loved you. Yadavas had numerous able people who could have dealt with the governance. But why did Pita and Maa of all , make the choice that you would lead the finance sector under Maa? " , Suthanu was soft , " You weren't only able Adi but you definitely would have had something that others didn't. About your right over our family's love , tell me one thing - for whom would you not mind going to the doors of death? ".

" You , Aaru " , Bhanu placed his palm on Suthanu's cheek without a second thought as she softly smiled , the tears in her eyes hardly visible.

" The one who stands equal to me in your life? ", Suthanu further questioned. " My family, Thanu " , Bhanu answered instinctively before he silenced processing Suthanu's motive behind the question.

" For whose one smile , you would go to any length? ", Suthanu continued as Bhanu knew it was yet again his family , " Who are they whose tears are unbearable to you ? In whose joy , do you find your heaven? In whose sorrow , you find your entire world falling into the shadows of darkness? ".

" Who are they Adi where your entire universe resides that you forget your own self ? " , Suthanu looked into Bhanu's eyes who was speechless. She gently cupped his cheek , " It's our family for you and it's you who say that your family is extened to every Dwarkavaasi. You constantly thrive to give them happiness whenever you can Adi and you deserve the love that they give you. It's all of your right to receive that love. Your place in the family is your due right , you are the prince of this state but you are Pita and Maa's lal first. Your place is irreplaceble in their hearts and so is our family's love for you ".

Bhanu took Suthanu in his embrace as Suthanu smiled rubbing his back gently as she felt his emotions. Bhanu drew back as Suthanu wiped away the tear at the corner of his eyes gesturing him to smile by forming a smile through her fingers. Bhanu smiled causing Suthanu to break into a smile.

" People still wonder , why I love you Priyathama ? " , Bhanu shook his head  , " From you , I exist". Suthanu shook her head gently in denial as Bhanu caressed her cheeks whispering , " It's my life's truth". 

" Now give me leave , I will go and look into the treaty " , Bhanu rose as Suthanu nodded with a smile. Though as she saw his retreating figure , Suthanu could only ponder if ever there was going to be a man quite like him. As she turned to leave with a smile , she found a shadow a little far off behind the pillar. She slowly went close to it as she stood stunned.

" Pita "

Krishna smiled quickly as he placed his palm on Suthanu's head in blessing before walking away. For the first time, Suthanu had seen Krishna's eyes slightly wet and she had witnessed the sheer love he held for Bhanu , a thing that she was sure of!

 Krishna as he walked through the corridors was in thoughts. 

Lifelong , his life has been devoted to re-establishing Dharma in the land of Bharatvarsha. To deliver justice for those in need , to support for the ones who seek and be the voice of the silenced. Sacrificing his personal joys , living in stressful situations and being encircled by the venom of political traps was the untold gravitropic moment of his life. But like every tree grows in both gravitrophic and phototrophic direction; in his phototrophic journey - it gave rise to fruits : his dear children. In this life of being an exceptional warrior and master behind the chessboard of the land of politics ; with time it raised the emotions of a father as well. To see his children loving him was the rain at the end of the drought like day. 

' I wish lal , I could ever tell you in words that you and all your siblings mean life to me. Perhaps , my destiny has designed my life's purpose for a higher objective but as a father , everytime I help someone or be the cause of happiness to anyone all that I hope is you all are blessed with it's merits. I do my duty without expecting returns indeed but Lal , when people come to thank me for all that I do ; I ask them only one thing that is to bless my children , my family ' , Krishna broke into a smile , ' Lal , I wish all this I could tell you but it's just that when you are with me - I never find the words. All that I wish at the moment is to listen to you , to see you and to be with you realizing how my little baby boy has grown up'.

" Swami " , Rukmini called Krishna making him break out of his thoughts. He saw Rukmini standing in front of him in question though as he looked into her eyes , she broke into a soft smile placing her hand on his shoulders lovingly.

" It's our children , isn't it? ", Rukmini whispered softly as Krishna nodded wordlessly. Rukmini forwarded the prasadam as Krishna took it in his hands , feeding Rukmini lovingly before having it himself. 

" I wish even the happiness of our lives add on to theirs lightening up their lives for eternity , Rukmini " , Krishna spoke as Rukmini smiled. And all that mattered to the universal celestial force was their children , the light of their lives. 

To be continued...

A/N : Damn , I made it a very long chapter? I just didn't want to cut the flow. 

Well , this one stands a little close to my heart. There is so much plots within as of now that I have penned already in the book , let me leave hints - Lakshmanaa , Charumati , Kalinga , the strike of Ashwathama and much more. 

One unexpected surprise : I have plans of Vrindavan too in our SuBhanu list. 

I think this book will be the longest in the Trilogy , the finale indeed. 

Coming to this chapter , how was it? 

Please do leave your votes and comments ! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.2K 2.6K 92
"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness." Broken Without You- A Ray Of Hope. Book 1 of Broken Without You Seri...
45K 2.7K 53
𝙰𝚗 𝚎𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛.. 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚟𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛...
75.1K 6.2K 65
Book 2 of PandavaNandini Trilogy " The course of true love never did run smooth. " " My heart is grated with ordeals of time, love shall never exis...
40.4K 3.7K 64
~ Dangerous Life Ahead ~ • Book 2 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY • Panchali Rathore, Ex- CEO of Rathore Industries, now the Crown Princess of Hastinapur...