Living between the truth and...

By Elorcan95

A Hogwarts legacy fanfic focused on Reader×Sebastian. Story contains mature contents and subjects. Also bewa... More

A.N.
Chapter one: Change
Chapter two: Complicated
Chapter three: Conflict
Chapter four: Tension
Chapter five: Revelation
Chapter seven: Memories
Chapter eight: Trust
Chapter nine: Vulnerabilty
Chapter ten: Jealousy
Chapter eleven: Lies
Chapter twelve: Desperation

Chapter six: Caring

30 1 0
By Elorcan95

Y/N's POV

I twirled and fell on my knees as soon as we landed on the wet grass.

My head was buzzing from apparating. I looked around trying to focus on my surroundings as the blur slowly left my vision.

Before I could take everything in however, Sebastian had placed his hands under my arms and had lifted me roughly to my feet.

"Come on, Y/N. We need to hurry." He said before walking away with big strides.

"Sebastian, wh- what happened?" I said still a little out of breath.

"I apparated us away, we are very close to a floo flame now. We will floo the rest of the way to the Ministry."

I furrowed my brows before I ran to catch up to him.

"Why didn't we apparate to the entrance to the Ministry then?"

Sebastian kept on walking, but he turned his head halfway and said:
"You were too weak to apparate such a long distance. We needed to get out of there so I apparated us to a nearby place that popped up in my head."

I wanted to say that I was stronger than that he gave me credit for, but I had to admit that he was somewhat right. The use of the Ancient Magic had drained me completely. I was tired, hungry and overwhelmed by dizziness.

Suddenly another realisation hit me. "What about the others?"

"They were taken."

"Taken?" I gasped. "Sebastian we need to-"

"No, Y/N. We will head to the Ministry there was nothing that we could have done and besides.... you needed to get out of there."

"Not only me."

"Specifically you."

I sighed. "Listen, I don't know why the place seemed familiar, but I'm sure it's nothing. I tend to have these dreams sometimes and usually they don't mean amything."

"Just hurry up please. We don't have any time to discuss this here and now." Sebastian nagged.

I rolled my eyes behind his back before hurrying after him.

~~~~~~

When we arrived at the Ministry Sebastian slowed his pace so that he was walking next to me.

"Listen we have to go to my superior and tell him what happened to the others. I will do the talking, you just keep quiet, alright?" Sebastian demanded in a stern voice.

"Do you think, we get in trouble?" I asked.

Sebastian shook his head. "There's only one way to find out, but if we are, I will take care of it. Don't worry."

Even with everything going on Sebastian still radiated with confidence, it's a thing I always admired about him. No matter how dark situations might seem, Sebastian would never drop his shoulders or hang his head. He was going to face it head on.

The superior looked like I had imagined he would be. Old, grey and cranky, his grey eyes staring at us coldly as we arrived.

"Ah, finally. I began to wonder if you all would return at all." He complained.

"Sir. Sebastian said as he nodded. "We are here with terrible news."

The man instantly stood from his chair, his hands on his desk as he leaned forward.

"Spill it out, Mr. Sallow what happened?"

"We were caught off guard by a large number of dark wizards and witches, we tried to fight them off but-"

Sebastian fell quiet instantly as his superior raised his hand in a stop sign.

"You mean to tell me, that the other's haven't returned with you!?" The man spoke, his voice harsh and loud.

"No, sir. I am afraid that-"

"How? How in Merlin's name could you have let that happen, Mr. Sallow? I had expected more of you."

From a distance I could see a flash of hurt reflected in Sebastian's eyes. It was all that was needed for me to step up.

"I'm sorry to interrupt sir, but there's something you should know. It was my-" I started out before Sebastian quickly intervened.

"It was Y/N's doing that we made it out. If she hadn't been there, we would have been captured as well." Sebastian stated.

The icy grey eyes found mine. "Is that so? Well, I am very pleased to know that the rumors about you are true, Miss. Y/L/N. You really don't dissapoint do you?" He said raising his brows.

"Seems like all the years trying to reqruit you, were worth the hassle."

I couldn't prevent to feel a bit flustered about it.

"I am really sorry that I couldn't have done more." I said softly.

"Don't worry, dear. I have very experienced Aurors and trackers in my service. I will get them back."

Goosebumps spread over my skin by the way he talked to me and called me dear.

The superior then shot one last glance at Sebastian, his gaze back to being hard and angry.

"Go home and don't bother coming in tomorrow. Come back after you thought things through like how you could have prevented this outcome."

"As for you Miss. You may have a free day as well tomorrow. We will see you back here on friday. Maybe we should appoint you to another Auror though. One who is more evenly matched, perhaps?"

"No! Uhm, I mean if it's alright sir, I would like to stay in training with Sebastian. We are actually quiet in sinc. We duell pretty well together."

"Hm, if you say so, Miss Y/L/N. I won't doubt your judgement. Now of you go! The both of you!"

Sebastian walked away with big steps. I could only imagine the emotions he felt right now.

I once again caught up to him and said: "So uhm, I will see you friday then?"

"No, you come with me right now."

"Have you any idea how late it is? I ought to go home." I replied.

Sebastian turned around. "It won't take long."

"Sebastian, I can't. My boyfriend will be worried."

Sebastian snorted. "Really Y/N? After everything that went down, I figured you would at least do my a little favor. You own me that much."

"Fine. But you get twenty minutes."

Sebastian's POV

I took us to my place. We needed somewhere to talk away from prying eyes.

Y/N looked confused. "Where did you take me?"

"Follow me. We can talk in a minute." I said leading the way to my shed that was situated behind my house.

"This is mine, no one will bother us here."

Y/N followed me inside, her eyes scanning over the garden tools and other mundane stuff I had stored here.

Her eyebrows raised and her lips tugged upwards slightly.

"Well this is certainly not what I expected." She said mockingly, but her eyes betrayed her. There was a glint of surprise in them.

"It's not why were here." I said, hating to bring up the heavy subject why I dragged her here.

"Yeah tik tok, you have fifteen minutes left to tell me what's going on."

I sighed.

"Y/N, does your boyfriend know about your Ancient Magic?"

Y/N furrowed her brows. "Ofcourse he does. Why do you ask?" She said crossing her arms defensively.

"And you met him abroad? He just moved to another country for you? Or-"

"Sebastian, where are you going with this?"

"I'm just careful."

Y/N's face had turned red. Her eyes narrowing.

"Be very careful with what you are about to say next." She hissed.

"Y/N, it's obvious that someone is after you alright? You told me that you haven't been anywhere but home..."

"Sebastian, stop! You don't know what you are talking about, alright? I should have never told you about the room looking familiar. I knew you would be like this again."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked raising my voice as well.

"Don't act like you don't know! It's just like back at Hogwarts. You shut me out and push me aside but then you are also sticking your nose in my bussiness. Pretending like you care!"

The words hurt me more than I would admit. And she was all wrong as well. I was the one who cared too much. I was the rejected one. Sometimes I wondered if we had lived through Hogwarts with complete different realities.

A sudden burst of the opening door made us both jump.

"Sebastian what in Merlin's name is going-" Anne's eyes widened.

"Y/N? Is that you?" She asked her mouth hanging open.

Y/N's irritated face changed instantly too a soft and joyfull expression.

"Anne, it's been too long." She said as she walked to my sister and layed a hand on her shoulder.

"How have you been?" She asked.

"You would have known if you actually cared enough about us to stay in contact.." I whispered, but it was loud enough for her to hear.

"Sebastian!" Anne scolded.

I knew it was a bit uncalled for to call her out like that, but than again she hurt me as well. She hurt me more.

An awkward silence fell between the three of us.

"I - I need to go home." Y/N said before giving Anne a smile and went to the door.

"We were not done talking about this Y/N." I called after her.

"We are, Sebastian. I have decided that I'm not going to listen to you any longer."

I scoffed. "Merlin forbid that you would actually listen for once in your life."

"I think you two are just exhausted from a long days work." Anne said trying to smooth the situation.

"I am tired." Y/N said. "Not sure it is about work though." She looked me into the eyes while saying that.

"Just be cautious, Y/N." I said back. "I know for a fact that it's you they are after."

Y/N stood still in the doorway, her back turned to me, but she turned her head sideways.

"Your proof?"

"I found a journal that basically said that they were experimenting on someone for three weeks... it's been three weeks since you've been back, there is the link with the Ancient Magic and I - I overheard their conversation.. "

Y/N nodded still not facing me.

"They mentioned my name?"

"No, but they spoke of a young woman. I can only assume- "

"Thank you for warning me, I will keep up my guard. Although I think it's all just weird coincedence."

With those words she left the shed and left me and Anne alone.

Anne looked at me before walking over and giving me a big hug.

If anyone would understand my feelings, it was her, my loving twin. I held her close to me while she comforted me.

It had been a long day.

A/N

As some of you might have read in my announcement. I was on a break for a week but I'm back. And I am going to start weiting the next chapter this weekend. So the next update should be in a few days from now.

There are still so many mysteries 👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.4K 2.2K 47
As the reader a hufflepuff and Sebastian try to understand and navigate new found feelings for each other that grow in intensity. Sebastian also stru...
105 2 7
A short story of a slow burn romance between Natasha Pearlwood and our beloved Sebastian Sallow. The story is taking place in the Summer between 5th...
9.7K 372 36
You find yourself once again in the arms of Sebastian Sallow, but with the added complication of your unexpected feelings towards your friend, Ominis...
2.6K 78 37
Hogwarts Legacy Fanfiction. Lily Hughes has not seen Sebastian Sallow since the end of their fifth year. She is still trying to come to terms with Fi...