On Top Of The World

By cletusclemontine

'It felt like heaven to flirt with hell' She was an "I hate you" type of girl he was an "I know you love me"... More

ғɪʀsᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ғɪʀsᴛ
✨𝙰𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚜✨
|1| i'm not hungry..
|2| Mr Assman?
|3| Darius Di Fazio..
|4| does he know?
|5| invisible
|6| don't mess up
|7| bloodhounds
|8| that club messed me up!
|9| Don't! Or else...
|10| Unrequited
|11| I want you
|13| champagne and cocktails
|14| long time no see

|12| mission accomplished

3 1 0
By cletusclemontine

Nermana's Pov

"I want-no I need him so bad," Nalani whisper screams, "he's just so hot!"
She was basically whimpering over a guy she just met just because he helped catch her when she almost fell in the hallways.

"I'm not kidding, it was so magical, like I was in an actual rom-com,"she swoons. I can't fault her, Theodore Chadwick is very attractive he's got that swimmer build from being on the swim team, and he's apart of the student council, I'd know because I'm on it too.

Nalani normally wouldn't get like this but when she does it's intense. I know he'll be on her mind until they get together.

Placing my attention back to the scene in front of me I sing along to Deniz's performance of 'hit me baby one more time' she may not look it and will definitely kill us if this gets out but Deniz is an extreme Britney Spears fan and will karaoke her songs anytime, it's why she has a karaoke dedicated room in her basement.

As her performance concludes Deniz is knealing on the floor huffing and puffing with her mic held to the ground. Divya rushes to her with a mini towel and a water bottle.

"Oh yeah, I think I'll go as Christina Aguilera at 2002 VMA awards," Deniz answers Divya's question from before her performance.

"Omg yes! Especially with your new blonde hair it makes so much sense," I exclaim and Nalani and Divya agree.

"I know right! What are you guys going as," Deniz enquires.

"I'm going as a VS model and I think Divya sadly can't come," Nalani says.

"What really?" Deniz asks as we all turn to her direction,

"Yeah, I'm not sure If I'll be allowed,"Divya looks defeated, this is so upsetting she of all people deserves to go she works her ass of with school and extracurriculars. She's just too nice to argue with her parents.

"You're coming," I state surely.

"Ner, I know you're upset but let's be realistic," Divya chuckles.

"Don't worry, I know what to do," I smirk at her and continue, "start brainstorming a costume Dove."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Mission accomplished.

Divya is coming for hallows eve all thanks to my genius brain and persuasion skills. It wasn't hard to be honest. I'm joking it was kind of hard. All I had to do was create a presentation of reasons why she should go, bring a gift of flowers and wine, present the offerings to her parents, then lastly present my case. No big deal.

Mr and Mrs Ganesh LOVE me so I knew winning them over was within my reach. I'm now off to help Divya assemble her outfit, she decided to go as Snow White to go with the fairytale theme I was going for since I decided to go as Goldilocks.

She already had a red headband, red mary Jane's and the white stockings so we just needed to get a blue corset top and a frilly yellow skirt. We were walking around the shop for hours and still couldn't find anything we needed.

"Ugh all these shops but none have what we need!" I complain with my hands on my hips.

"I know right but let's not lose hope," Divya rubs my shoulders reassuringly.

Because of my disappointment I almost crash into a worker.

"Nermana and Divya?" The man enquires.

We raise both our heads in surprise and see Darius towering above us.
"Hi Darius," Divya greets, he returns it with a smile.
"Oh, it's you," I say with a monotone voice.

"Don't get too excited," he rolls his eyes playfully, "I'm just a man."

"Whatever, I see you too often," I return.

"Some would see that as a blessing," he retorts, "I'm serious, check my dm's."

"Oh sorry! Thank you kind sir for gracing us with your presence, should we bow Divya," I hold Divya's arm acting like I'm being serious.

"No need, I'm tired, instead tell me what brings you guys here," Darius asks.

"You first," I return.

"My sister Raven asked me for a top that she needed for hallows eve," he stated but not before rolling his eyes at us.

"Aw, it's really cute that you actually got it for her," Divya gushes. I agree nodding my head.

"But anyways, we're here looking for items for our hallows eve costumes," Divya answers.

"We haven't been successful so if you haven't noticed we're pretty bummed," I add.

"Oh couldn't tell," He says, "what are you two going as."

Divya tells him but I refuse to reveal mine.  It takes out the fun a bit.

"Well whatever you're going as I'm sure you'll resemble an ogre, Shrek though not Fiona cause she's lowkey hot," He says folding his arms together as we walk.

With that I stop, my mouth hanging open, "How dare you, you wish you could look like Shrek, you look like that bald gremlin from Harry Potter. Not everyone can rock a buzzcut buddy."
I try my hardest not to let it show on my face but his words hurt, does he actually think I look like an ogre even if it's a joke maybe there was some truth to it.

"The ladies say otherwise," he flips whatever hair his mind is imagining and huffs.

We walk silently for a while until we start laughing after Divya lets out a small giggle.

"Why are you still walking with us, doesn't Raven need her top?" I ask genuinely confused.

"Surely she can wait, besides you two both seem like you've got a lot on your plate," Darius responds.

He's right.

"I think we need to resort to Betty," I say defeatedly, Betty is my stylist who I try my hardest not to involve but still have to use her services from time to time, she's so overbearing but she gets the job done. I call her up and explain the outfits we're going for and she tells me to await her call by the next five working days. I can't even be mad because she's my only option.

We walk through town and see a long line, so we decide to check out what's going on by asking one of the people in the queue.

"Do you not know? Anton Reymond is performing tonight," the man looks baffled that we didn't know of this and turns around clearly judging us.

It has been a while since I heard that name and the thought of him performing in my city makes me... uneasy.

"Nermana, Divya?... Darius? Are you guys watching Anton too?" A familiar voice calls from behind us. Dima.

He puts his arms over me and Div's shoulders and walks us away from the queue.

"No!," I answer rather quickly, "we were just confused on the random queue, are you?"

"I'm definitely going for it my whole family is," Dima reveals, by whole family he means just his parents and him as he's an only child just like me. I don't even need to ask why he's not queuing up, people of our status already have seats put aside.

"Oh! Is this the famous piano man, then yeah I'm going my mom mentioned it but I'm not big on classical music so I wasn't listening," Divya giggles.

Oh. She's going too.

"What about you?" Darius asks looking at me.

Knowing my mom I may have to be forced to attend as well, wherever influential people are she's not far away.

"I think so."

"Then I'm going too."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

A/N- I hope you enjoyed this chapter cuz I enjoyed writing it, If you like it please vote😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18 0 8
"Ameile what are you doing to me" he whispered as I felt his hot breath on my face I didn't say anything I just smiled and bit my lip "not that smil...
854 59 6
Thalia Alpenheim. She was a lone rose embowred in her own green leaves, basking under the subdued rays of hope as the swift wind of life tosses her a...
202K 4.6K 46
"I can show how much of a 'little' guy I am." He said emphasizing the little. He came closer to me. Our lips were inches away. I could smell the scen...
70 2 13
One second I'm sleeping, in the next instant I'm running down the hall searching for safety. It's honestly unbelievable how everything can turn...