Kaigan!Yo-Kai!

By rpms39799

Most people would call Nate Adams an average guy with an even more average life. However, that could not be f... More

Prologue
Rebirth of the Ghost
A Wicked Drizzle In The Spring
Seeking Strength! Nate And Jibanyan's Training
Truth of The Past! Birth of Specter!
Amy's Eventful First Day
New Watches and New Forms

Red Swordsman Vs Crimson Oni

130 4 4
By rpms39799

Adams House

It has been a few weeks since Nate discovered the new power of Ghost. After a good night's rest, He, Whisper, and Jibanyan recounted their adventure to Hidabat who was astonished by this new ability. Afterward, Hidabat went to see if he could find even more relics that belonged to the icons of Nate's book. Meanwhile, Nate began to practice using the Eddison Eyecon while also enjoying the rest of his spring break. Eventually, though, he ran into more yo-kai trouble, Cynake who caused trouble for Nate's parents on Mother's Day, and after spring break, Rockabelly who made nearly everyone at school make their bellies 'dance' while having weird faces drawn on it. Neither yo kai made Nate have to transform but they were still annoying. Today was the weekend and Nate was reading his manga while Whisper lazily dozed off while floating around the room.

At that moment, Hidabat opened the closet and peeked through. "Nate I have some good news." at Hidabat's statement Nate put down his manga and Whisper also woke up. Nate approaches Hidabat with Whisper next to him, both having curious looks. "What's the good news Hidabat?" Hidabat dug through the closet before handing Nate a package and motioning him to open it. When Nate did just that it revealed that inside was a black katana scabbard with golden wrapping on it "OK all I see is a scabbard for a katana. If you planned to give Nate a spare sword then I think you forgot the actual sword." Whisper commented. 

Hidabat simply shakes his head before pointing at the scabbard. "That's not just any scabbard, that's the scabbard that held the sword of Miyamoto Musashi." Nate and Whisper were shellshocked "NO WAY!! Really!? Whisper do you have any idea just who Musashi is!?" Nate said to his butler. Whisper then began to geek out. " Do I!? He was a legendary swordsman who was best known for founding his double-bladed sword technique, The Niten Ichi-ryū!" Whisper shouted in excitement. It was a testament to how big a fan of Musashi, Whisper was that he knew all of that information without looking at his Yo-Kai Pad. Whisper then immediately looked at the scabbard in Nate's hands like a fanboy who just got their autograph signed. "To think, we would have the honor of having his scabbard in our possession."

Hidabat nodded his head "That's right. Since Musashi was in the book I managed to track down and acquire his scabbard. From what I could gather of your battle with Drizzle When Nate showed his quick thinking and determination I believe he proved himself to Edison thus giving Nate the ability to use Edison's power. It stands to reason that if Nate can prove himself to Musashi he might be able to use his power as well. However, I'm not very sure how Nate can prove himself to Musashi." Nate and Whisper paid attention to every word nodding along.

Nate wraps the scabbard at his hip. "Well, we managed to figure out how to use Edison's power eventually. I'm sure that I'll be able to prove myself to Musashi as well." Nate honestly had no idea what would make Musashi acknowledge him but he is sure he can figure it out eventually. "Nate." his attention shifts to the sound of his mom. "I need to run an errand. I'll be back in a little while." Lily called to her son. "Nate gave a curt "Got it" Lily frowned in Nate's direction "Please don't leave the house I'm expecting an important delivery" Nate responded while focused on the scabbard "Kay" Lily's frown deepened "I'm serious! please don't go anywhere okay." Lily shouts, showing how serious she is "Alright alright, I get it."

After finishing admiring the scabbard his stomach starts to grumble. "Oh man, I'm kinda hungry." Whisper's stomach grumbles too "Me too, I could use a snack right about now" Nate then remembers what he had saved "Right! there's still a cream-filled donut from Banter Bakery in the kitchen." Whisper looks excited at that "Really?" Nate and Whisper then head downstairs while singing about eating donuts. However, When they go to the kitchen there is no donut. "It's Gone!! I left the donut right here but it's gone! Did you eat it !?" Nate points an acusing finger at Whisper who quickly denies it "Never, there is no way I would eat a tasty treat without the express permission of its owner." 

They then hear an innocent whistle that comes from a certain cat yo kai.  "Jibanyan did you eat the donut!?" Jibanyan quickly denies the accusation "No way, I didn't touch it!" Whisper then comes up with a way to see if he's lying "There's sugar on your lips." Jibanyan makes a surprised meow and quickly tries to lick his face clean"Ha gotcha, your whiskers were clean all along." Jibanyan freezes as he realizes he was duped "That's not fair. You tricked me." Nate gains a fiery aura while looking at Jibanyan in anger. "Jibanyan!" Realizing how mad Nate is and how he was caught, Jibanyan apologizes. "I'm sorry Nyate, it just looked so good and I'm getting a little sick of chocobars ya know." 

Seeing the sincere apology Nate loses his fiery aura and calms down. While his anger is quelled his disappointment about not getting to eat that donut is still apparent "Not really. I'm just jonesing for a donut!" Nate then thinks before coming up with an idea. "I know I'll just run over to Banter Bakery and buy one." Before Nate can head for the door Whisper blocks his path"Nate your mother told you, you absolutely cannot leave the house." Nate thinks about how his Mom is expecting a package soon. 'hmm... if I ran there is a chance I could get it quickly, but I could end up missing it and be in a whole heap of trouble. So going on foot is gonna be a little risky...wait on foot! That's it!' 

Nate exits the house and grabs the bike he got from his dad as a gift. He quickly rides away to Banter Bakery "I'll be super quick! On my bike, I should be back before the delivery comes!" Whisper quickly follows him "I'm coming too, Nate!" Jibanyan races to catch up to them. "Wait for me guys!"

Uptown Springdale

After buying all three of them a cream-filled donut, Nate rides his bike back to the house with Jibanyan hanging on his shoulder and Whisper carrying the donuts beside him. As they ride they don't notice the world becoming grey and mist forming until the entire road is covered in mist. Nate stops his back as he looks around "What's going on?" Jibanyan hugs Nate tighter. "I don't like this." Whisper gives a fearful nod "Let's hurry home." 

With that, Nate rides his bike at a slightly faster pace until they feel a large quake that makes the bike jump accompanied by what sounds like a stomp causing them to stop with very nervous expressions. "Uh...did anyone hear that sound." Nate hopes to heaven that the answer is no and he imagines it but from the look on his butler's face, he knows it isn't. "It's nothing of concern to us." Whisper decides it's best to ignore it out of fear of finding the one responsible. 

Nate rides his bike slightly faster until they hear two large stomps that make them jump twice. They feel something behind them and slowly turn their heads with great fear before screaming as they face a large Oni with red skin, a single golden horn on his head, clawed hands and feet, purple lips, and curved fangs. He wears a brown loincloth with black trousers below and carries a black iron-studded club.

Nate rides his bike as fast as he can away from Gargoros, who is now chasing them. "What is that Whisper!?!" Whisper however is too busy screaming and running so Nate swipes his Yo-Kai Pad and looks up Gargaros's information. "Found it, this is it! Oh no, this says that Gargoros will come if you leave your house when you're not supposed to! This is bad!" Jibanyan looks at Nate hoping he has a plan "What should we do Nyate!" Nate keeps looking at the Yo-Kai Pad but can't find anything to help get rid of Gargoros. So he says the only option they have... "RUN!!"

As Nate turns left he looks at his Yo-Kai friends with determination."Stay together and we'll all get home in one piece!" Jibanyan looks at him with a brave face "Sounds like a plan Nyate!" Whisper shows that he is on board with that "That's right, no one gets left behind! We stay together at all costs." They all nod to each other as Nate races to the house. Unfortunately, there is a rock in the road causing it to jump only for Jibanyan to lose his grip and tumble on the street in Gargoros's path. 

Nate stops and looks at his friend in worry. "Jibanyan" Jibanyan groans "Go on...leave me...save yourselves.." Jibanyan looks up and is shocked to see Whisper running off. "Best of luck, your sacrifice will not be in vain! Right Nate?!" Whisper looks to his left expecting to see Nate only to pause as Nate is not there

~EYE~

~BACCHIRI MINAA~

~BACCHIRI MINAA~

~BACCHIRI MINAA~

Whisper looks back and is shocked to see Nate running toward Jibanyan and more importantly, Gargoros! "Nate, come back! It's too dangerous!" But Nate doesn't listen, all he cares about is protecting his friend.

"HENSHIN!"

~KAIGAN!ORE!~

~LET'S GO!~

~KAKUGO!~

~GO GO GO! GHOST!~

~GO! GO! GO! GO!~

After transforming Ghost's bike transforms into the Ghostriker and races off toward Gargoros who was about to punt Jibanyan with his club. Ghost pulls out his sword and in one quick motion, he pulls Jibanyan away from the attack and blocks Gargoros's club. However, Gargoros's strength is too great, and Ghost is knocked off the Ghostriker and tumbles across the street. Jibanyan and Whisper run to check on him "Nyate, are you alright!?" Whisper is quick to berate "Have you lost your mind why would you do that?!" Gargoros roars while holding his club up.

 Jibanyan looks at Gargoros, no longer in fear but with great anger. "All right you one-horned freak! You're gonna regret doing that to my friend!" Jibanyan charges at Gargoros and jumps into the air while performing a triple front flip before clenching his fist. "It's clear what this guy nyeeds... is some PAWS OF FURY" Jibanyan then begins to launch rapid-fire punches on Gargoros...only to reveal they aren't even fazing Gargoros. When Gargoros grows annoyed he bats Jibanyan into the air. Jibanyan crashes down near Ghost and Whisper.

Whisper gives an incredulous look "Why is it that you both seem so keen on doing crazy stunts like that?" Ghost struggles to his feet and sees that Jibanyan is injured and Gargoros advancing toward them. "Whisper take Jibanyan and get out of here. I'll distract Gargoros long enough for you guys to run away." Whisper and Jibanyan look at Ghost in shock "Nate have you lost your mind! Gargoros will kill you!" Ghost picks up his sword and looks at the closely approaching Oni. "yeah maybe, but you guys are my friends. I will protect you even if it cost me my life!" 

Musashi's scabbard begins to glow. Seeing this Ghost takes the scabbard and after realizing what is happening, draws a seal in the air and applies it to the scabbard. A red hood with swords for hands,  a silver headband, and a katana handle at the back of its head that makes it look like hair emerges from the scabbard and gets into a sword stance.

When they realize who it is Whisper starts geeking out. "Holy Moly! Its Miyamoto Musashi in the flesh- well more of the hood, but you get the idea!" Ghost looks at Musashi who looks back at him "Musashi please lend me the strength to protect my friends" At Ghost's plea, Musashi answers by flying into the driver and producing his Eyecon. Ghost looks at the Eyecon in awe before staring at Gargoros who looks confused about what he saw happen. "With this power, I will protect my friends!" Ghost then activates the Eyecon and inserts it into the Driver.

~EYE~

~BACCHIRI MINAA~

~KAIGAN!MUSASHI!~ 

~KETTOU! ~

~ZUBATTO!~

~CHO KENGOU!~ 

The face of Ghost's helmet looked like an 'X' made from two katanas. He wore the same hood that Musashi had with his horn fitting through the headband slot. 

Ghost takes the Gan Gun Saber and splits it into two swords and gets into the same sword stance as Musashi. Garagoros sees this and shakes off his confusion and charges at the warrior. Gargoros swings his club over his head to try and smash Ghost into the ground but Ghost dodges to the side before running at the red oni and slashes him. Gargoros roars in pain and anger and tries to bat him away but Ghost jumps over the attack and slashes Gargoros's wrist making the the giant let go of his club. Taking advantage of Gargoros being disarmed, Nate unleashes a flurry of well-placed slashes on Gargoros. As Gargoros staggers back Ghost places his right blade in front of the Driver.

~DAI KAIGAN!~

~GAN GAN MINAA!~

~GAN GAN MINAA!~

~GAN GAN MINAA!~

Red energy flows into the blades as Ghost begins his assault he slashes at Gargoros's leg, causing the Oni to drop to one knee. Then slashing at his back twice which makes Gargoros roar in agony. Gargaros tries to swipe at Ghost but once again, Ghost jumps over the attack before pressing the trigger of his right sword.

~OMEGA SLASH!~

Ghost brings his swords into the air before bringing them down on Gargoros. The slash marks an 'X' shaped wound on Gargoros before he explodes from the power of Ghost's attack. When the dust settled Gargoros was lying on the street, unconscious and defeated, before he vanished In a puff of purple smoke. Seeing that his opponent was defeated Ghost checks on Whisper and Jibanyan.

Whisper rushes up to him looking astounded "Nate, that was incredible! You managed to defeat Gargaros! No doubt thanks to the help of Musashi!" As Whisper geeks out about Musashi's power, Jibanyan has a sullen look that he hides by turning his back on Ghost and Whisper. "Hey, shouldn't we be going? Doesn't Nyate's Mom have a package coming?" After realizing he is right Ghost quickly goes to the Ghostriker and mounts it. "Jibanyan's right let's go before the delivery guy gets there!" After Jibanyan boards the Ghostriker too, Nate races off to his house.

Adams House

Lily unlocks the door and enters her home. "Nate, did my package come?" She waits for a response..." In here Mom!" she then hears her son calling from the living room and sees her son at the table, a package in one hand and a donut in the other. Nate hands the package to Lily. "Here's your package Mom." Lily smiles at her son "Thanks Nate and thanks again for not leaving the house like I told you" Nate just gives a smile. "No problem it wasn't any trouble." 

Lily goes upstairs to open her package while Nate continues eating his donut. Whisper flies by enjoying a donut of his own. "Well, it seems like everything turned out great. Not only did we get those cream-filled donuts, but you were able to gain Musashi's power and got here in time to get your mother's package with her being none the wiser." Nate nods at his butler before looking confused at Jibanyan who is barely eating his donut.

Nate walks up to Jibanyan with a concerned look "Hey are you feeling alright Jibanyan? You've barely touched your donut." Jibanyan gives a sullen look "I'm not hungry." Nate grows even more concerned "Hey if anything is bothering you I can help. You've helped me when I needed you I could return the favor." Jibanyan scoffs before looking at his paws dejectedly "Yeah some help I am." Nate looks surprised at that. "What do you mean?" At Nate's question, Jibanyan clenches his paws 

"I couldn't do anything against Gargaros. I tried to help fight him but, I didn't even faze him. You risked your life to save me and I couldn't do anything but sit back and watch. The same thing happened with Drizzle too" At this point, tears of frustration began to leak from Jibanyan's eyes as he clenched his paws even tighter. "I've trained constantly against cars and have tried to get stronger but the moment the people I care about need me the most I'm useless. I'm such a pathetic yo kai! I'm such...such a lame cat." Jibanyan falls to his knees and silently sobs.

Nate is surprised and heartbroken at Jibanyan's words. He knew that Jibanyan truly meant them and that it hit close to home, especially with him calling himself a 'lame cat'. Nate understands what Jibanyan is feeling more than anyone. Before getting the Ghost Driver, he would feel useless when he couldn't do anything more than call his yo kai friends for help. When Nate got the Ghost Driver, he started to train with it and find out all he could so that he could help his friends when the situation called for it. Nate then gets an idea before looking determined at Jibanyan

"If that's really how you feel... how about we train together!" Jibanyan pauses before looking up at Nate with tears still in his eyes "I may have this power but I'm still a novice when it comes to fighting. I want to get stronger too so I can protect my loved ones...and I think you want the same thing." Nate tightens his fist and gives Jibanyan a determined smile "So let's you and me get stronger together! We'll keep on getting stronger and stronger so that no one will hurt the people we love! So what do you say Jibanyan?!" Nate holds out his fist to the cat yo kai. Jibanyan looks at his friend in awe before standing up and quickly wiping his tears. Jibanyan grins at Nate, brimming with resolve. "Yeah, let's do it Nyate! Together we'll be the strongest team the world, human or yo kai, has ever seen!"  Jibanyan and Nate then bump fists

On this day two warriors have resolved to reach greater and greater heights of strength together. Many did not know this, but this would mark the day two friends would gain a bond that would soon take the world, be it human or yo kai, by storm. They will gain many allies and many foes but as long as they are together, they shall overcome any challenge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Hey everyone Dragon here. Bet you all didn't expect a new chapter so sewn. Well, when I said I will publish them when I publish them I Meant to imply that they could be random though at most I'll make a new chapter for one of my stories at least once a month, maybe twice if I feel in the mood. I have been in a very Yo-Kai Watch mood since Level-5 games are hosting the LEVEL-5 Vision 2024: To the World's Children event and (fingers crossed) we will hopefully see the return of Yo-Kai Watch in the West. I know it's wishful thinking and it probably won't happen but I am willing to hang on to hope that we will at the very least get some new Yo-Kai Watch content. Anyway, hope you liked the chapter and more to come and I will see you in my next chapter. Till then, See ya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 1.2K 26
I am Jubelith, a die hard Kalluto Zoldyck fan. . . ...
300K 10.4K 47
Welcome to my (a bit pathetic) attempt to make a Danny Phantom Crossover with Batman! I've always wanted to make a a crossover but I always thought...
127K 3.3K 43
Highest ranking: #1 in Dannyphantomxreader Season one of Danny Phantom with you thrown into it. (I do not own Danny Phantom or any of the character...
21.5K 522 33
An AU where both Nate and Katie get a Yo-kai from Mount Wildwood. On a typical summer day, two kids from the town of Springdale come across a strange...