In Another Reality

By WinterKatana7

When Charlotte and her family moved to Vancouver, Canada at the age of 7 from the Philippines. She never thou... More

Note
Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 20

5 1 0
By WinterKatana7

The first week of filming ended, and today they could explore outside the filming area. The Team Alchemy all decided to explore Charlottetown today. Charlottetown is only an hour ride from where they are staying now. They all decided to eat first in a restaurant recommended by the Inn owner. He also told them to get a cow's milk ice cream, it's PEI's most famous dessert. So they did, other than the 4 of them. Their guardians were also with them so somebody could take them whenever they wanted to.

They all took a nice photo with just the four of them in it and they also took individual photos for them to post on their Instagram accounts. Mckenna told Charlotte that a nice caption would be "In a town where a Charlotte existed" which was a hit with Charlotte's followers. They say how witty it was and how it's a name that could be called to her fans.

After eating they all went shopping for souvenirs and or the things they needed for their month's stay here in PEI. As Charlotte and Mckenna were big fans of Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montomery, they bought mostly things that were about Anne or Lucy. From Knit wears to Accessories. The two were buying it. Timothy also bought a lot of things, but mostly clothes and the things he needed from day to day basis like a facial foam and shaving cream. And for Kyle, he bought clothes, hats, and a chocolate for Charlotte.

"Hey, you've got a lot of things Kyle." she said as they met at the alley while waiting for others. Everyone split up so that they could buy all the things they need and want. Mckenna pulled Charlotte earlier to join her for shopping before Kyle could even speak. So they both just shrugged it off.

Kyle thought that it's nice that Charlotte could also bond with a girl, almost the same as them. Mckenna is only 2-3 years ahead of them in terms of age gap. And even so, it didn't hinder them from being good friends other than being co-workers. Mckenna is a funny and sweet person, and Charlotte and Kyle couldn't ask for more. Timothy on the other hand is like their big brother but isn't, because Timothy doesn't want him to be seen as their big brother. He wants them to be seen as their best friends too. So as much as he could, he acts younger than his age which is not even old. His age gap with Charlotte and Kyle is only 3-4 years, and is still a teenager.

As a Team, they all work things out eventually. And they're gonna be best friends for life, and with the rest of the actors of The Great War series by Luna.

"Here, this is for you." Kyle said as he handed Charlotte a nice box wrapped in a ribbon.

"What's this?" she said as she received the gift from him. The box is not big, but it wasn't small either. It's a thin box that has 5 dividers and in every column is filled with artisan handmade chocolates in different flavors.

"I found the shop that has the same name of the book you've been reading yesterday. Anne of Green Gables." Kyle explained as Charlotte looked at the gift

She smiled at him and said "Thank you, Kyle. You are so thoughtful." She's so touched by how Kyle remembers almost all the small things she does. At this point Charlotte would think that Kyle is her fan, but really it is true. Kyle is her biggest fan and supporter. And so does she.

They were looking at each other for awhile and smiling at each other when Mckenna arrived full of paper bags in her both hands

"Hey! Love birds! What are you doing?" she said straightly and then Timothy covered her mouth and moved her away from them while saying "Hey! Mckenna! Why don't we go there! I also want chocolates!"

Charlotte and Kyle just found themselves laughing at what just happened and had forgotten what Mckenna just told them.

"What are you guys laughing at?" Auntie Grace asked while also smiling at them as she and Uncle Grant went near them at the alley. They were also carrying some paper bags in their hands

They just shook their heads while smiling at the funny scenario

"Okay, ahm, your dad and I found a cool place we could go to next. A shop owner suggested we should visit the statue of Lucy Maud Montgomery at Cavendish Heritage Park. It's only about 35 minutes from here." she said changing the subject smoothly

They agreed and said that they would just get Mckenna and Timothy, so we could all go. The two of them left the paper bags to them while they got the two from the chocolate shop. After that they all went all together in the park, while Uncle Grant drives, and Auntie Grace on the passenger seat. Mckenna suggested we should go on a karaoke night, she found a place just near the cabin where they were staying. She also suggested that they could invite everyone else. They agreed on it and she quickly told everyone in their official group chat what they planned to do. The only people so far who agreed to come were Jane, Luna, Levi, Eli and Daniel.

They then arrived at the park, there were not a lot of people here today unlike how Charlottetown was lively. Even so they took a lot of pictures with the statue of Lucy. Charlotte and Mckenna couldn't help but get teary by seeing the statue of their favorite author. Her legacy will always be in everyone's heart. So do her novels and poems.

After taking some pictures, they took a rest at one of the picnic tables in the park. Mckenna then received a message from Luna saying that should come with them to the pier for lunch. And so they did. Luna also jokingly said that Jane would be paying for it, which Jane told her that she'll going to kill her in a funny way. Levi then popped a message that he'll pay for it, which made everyone replied

"Woahhh! you are a cool person Levi!"

"Levi! You are awesome!"

"I aspire to be like you Levi! You rich man!"

Levi didn't reply to any of it, but everyone knows that he was smiling at it right now while looking at his phone. While Luna, Jane, and Eli with him.

As soon as they saw the four of them sitting outside by the barricade and a big umbrella were in the middle of the table covering them in the heat of the sun. When everyone was all seated, they started asking where they went this morning and the things they had bought. Charlotte was the one who told them that they went to Charlottetown and to the statue of Lucy Maud Montgomery in the heritage park just near from here. When Luna heard the name of Lucy she was in awe of she was also a fan of Lucy.

Their team actually went to an Anne of Green Gables tour this morning, that's why they were out earlier than others this morning. Lucy's impact on Luna was greatly, because when Luna created her young adult book named "In some life" she was the same age as Lucy's created Anne of Green Gables. At 24, they both realized a lot of things. And they both created a new path for themselves and it changed their life forever.

This restaurant that they were eating as explained by Jane had visited the Philippines many times, and some of the dishes were named after some places in the famous tropical country. Names like Manila and Boracay were mentioned. They also said that they already pre-ordered the food, but if they want other things they could order it also. While waiting for the food to arrive they talked about a lot of things, especially the karaoke night later.

"You know what guys, Luna has a really great voice. I won't ask Levi because he'll agree eventually haha" Jane said while laughing which made everyone think if Luna really does have a nice singing voice. Luna then playfully elbowed her while smiling shyly

"Don't believe in her guys, she's just being ridiculous again haha" she said laughing by the end, Levi was just there looking at her smiling.

"Charlotte also has a nice voice." Kyle confidently said that made her look at him with wide eyes

"You are? Oh! Now I am getting excited about this karaoke night! Nice planning Mckenna!" Jane in a joyful tone said while looking at Charlotte and then giving Mckenna a thumbs up.

"But my singing voice is not that great." Timothy said out of the blue

"Oh! It's fine! I don't either! Hahaha" Jane answered him, although he was expecting an answer from either Mckenna, Kyle, or Charlotte that he does have a great singing voice. Either way he still laughed with how uplifting Jane was to him. At least in this group, he is not the only one who doesn't have a talent in singing.

The food was then served, and everything was presented very well. As good as it looks, it also tasted very delicious. They were served from meat to seafood to pasta dishes. Some of the adults also had cocktails and for the minors they were served with mocktails and lemonades. Levi, Jane, and Luna picked the dishes everyone would love and they did a very great job at doing so. While they were eating, conversations still flowed like water in the river.

"So the filming for season 1 of Potion's Inc. is going to end by November, what are you guys plans after that?" Luna asked the four them as she took a spoonful of food in her mouth

The four of them then looked at each other, having no idea what's next to them. But with Kyle and Charlotte, they already had plans.

"Kyle and I were planning to try going back to a normal school setting even if it's just for a year. And I also hope to get my next book published."

Everyone except Kyle and his parents were not surprised to what she just said

"Wow! That's a step up and I think it's good that you guys could be in an environment where you could be normal, apart from this world." Luna said

"Yeah that's what we thought too, Kyle has been homeschooled all his life. So me and his dad thought that he could be with someone his age even just for a bit of time." Auntie Grace explained carefully and agreed with what Luna just thought of.

"If you guys come back to school, tell us the name of the school and we will visit you there." Levi told them and Jane said that it wouldn't be a very nice idea of him visiting them and when he asked why, he then realized that he is a Global superstar.

He would cause a chaos to a middle school

"But what about them? They are famous too." Levi still defending himself and finding something that could possibly slide this one out

"They aren't as much known yet as you do, honey. I'm sorry but you have to sit this one out. But don't you worry, me and Jane would visit them for you." Luna said feeling sympathetic to him

This is the main villain for famous people, they couldn't be in public without anyone not noticing them. So being here in PEI, Levi could take a break. Ever since he went here, nobody took a picture of him without him being aware of it. Or nobody harassed him in so many crowds of people while he shops, stroll, or eats in public.

Kyle and Charlotte knew that they would be experiencing this as soon as Potion's Inc. would be released. And even though they were aware of the sacrifice they would be doing, they were still hoping that in some moment they could still get the privacy they deserve as human beings.

Even if the chances are only 0.5 percent

Mckenna then told them that after filming she plans to open her Youtube channel while she continues studying in a normal high school setting. She's only in an online classes setting right now, since she was filming but after that she'll go back to physical class. The reason why she chose to be in this kind of setup is because of prom. She said that she wants to experience prom, it's once a lifetime experience for anyone so she doesn't want to waste the opportunity.

Like Mckenna, Timothy also plans to go back to physical class setup especially now that he'll be in senior high school.

"Oh what kind of electives were you guys planning to have?" Mckenna asked Kyle and Charlotte

Charlotte hasn't thought of it yet, she's torn between music and art. With Kyle it's evident that he'll be getting theater arts.

Kyle is not forcing Charlotte to have the same elective as he does, because he wants her to get what she really wants to do. Even though it would be a great void for him to be away with her for a subject.

This time Kyle was the one who spoke for them, and they just told them that it's fine. Term 2 is still far away anyway.

After they ate they then decided to go back to their cabins to take a rest for later. As soon as they arrived in their cabins they all took the rest they all needed, some of them took a nap and some just played games and or continued working like Jane.

As the evening came the group then came all together at the karaoke place near there cabin and had their dinner there as well. Kyle's parents didn't go with them, since there were a lot of adults already with them. The four of them; Kyle, Charlotte, Mckenna, and Timothy all join the ride with Luna's vehicle which could fit 15 people seated. The one that drove the vehicle was Levi.

Eli, their director was the one who started singing confidently and he was even dancing in front of them. He was singing It's not living without you (If it's not with you) by The 1975 and everyone was also singing with him as he sang the ones that needed backup vocals. Jane also danced with him when the bridge came and everyone was just having the best time of their lives. It was a private sound proofed room, that's why they were confident about themselves.

Apart from them singing, some of them were also taking a few bites of the food that they ordered. From pizzas to chicken to nachos. They had it. Since they have minors with them, they didn't have alcohol, instead they just ordered juices and bottled water.

After Eli sang they clapped and cheered at how they put up an awesome performance for them. The next one that sang was Mckenna, the mastermind of this karaoke night.

Mckenna sang a song that was most nostalgic with everybody here in this room. This person was the one that made girls dream even though it's not being a superstar. The song she sang was "You'll always find your way back home by Miley Cyrus" As soon as the song started, everyone who knew the song sang their hearts out. Even though some of them are out of tune.

After she sang, she then gave the mic to Charlotte. She was already expecting that Mckenna would give the mic to her so she picked the song ahead of time. Unlike the first two that sang before her, stood in front. This time she just sat where she was seated, and it's beside Kyle. She's seated at the corner of the couch near the monitor, that's why everybody could still see her.

"Just wanted to say that this song has no meaning, I just liked the song." she said smiling and everybody then started smiling at her song choice.

It's enough for you by Olivia Rodrigo

The singer is famous nowadays and Charlotte is one of her fans

Once Charlotte started singing, everybody was watching her silently while she was looking at the monitor following the lyrics on the screen. Levi was found in awe of how stable her voice is at a young age.

Kyle isn't joking, Charlotte really could sing. Levi thought.

She could hit the notes easily, even the lowest ones.

After she sang, they all clapped and complimented how she beautifully sang the song. Charlotte then gave the mic to Kyle however Kyle told her to sing with him. Kyle could also sing, but he is not confident at it unlike Charlotte. The song choice that Kyle picked was Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat. A perfect song choice for them and Kyle thought about indirectly confessing to Charlotte.

As they sang, everybody in the room was having butterflies at how obvious it was but the two weren't just aware of it. As Charlotte looked at the monitor, Kyle was looking at her. He knows this song by heart, because these were the words he couldn't tell her.

After they sang, just like how it was before everybody clapped but this time the cheer had some romantic excitement on it. Kyle is smiling and blushing, while Charlotte thought that they were only cheering because of how they sang it together as best friends.

Kyle then passed the mic to Levi and everybody cheered his name.

"Free concert from Levi everybody! Yey!" Jane said in her utmost excitement that made everybody laughed even Levi himself chuckled

Levi didn't pick his song in the playlist, instead he picked the song Paradise by Chase Atlantics. This song is his genre, which still gives everybody the hype they wanted from him. The band Chase Atlantics is one the artists Luna listens to. And they even went to their concert one time in America.

As soon as Levi sang everybody was fangirling, his husky vocals gave goosebumps to everybody in this room. Even his girlfriend Luna was singing with him as he stood in front. When he was done singing the mic was passed down to the next singer which was Luna.

She sang Delicate by Taylor Swift, in front of everybody while pointing at Levi from time to time. She was dancing and vibing at the song like her relationship depends on it. Luna and Levi's relationship wasn't confirmed to the public, but the public is aware that they were dating. They chose not to publicize it because they knew how their relationship was just like the song, it's delicate.

After she sang she passed the mic to Jane, she then sang Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield. Jane sang it like how lively the song was. She was dancing with Luna and Eli in front, she also pulled Charlotte and Mckenna to join them in front to dance. Even though they didn't know the song by heart, they just followed the same energy the group was having.

When it ended the last one that sang was Timothy, he sang a Justin Bieber song called Intentions. Timothy ate the song so much that everybody started singing too. Levi said that he was lying, he could also sing and he could even rap. He was so surprised that he became Timothy's hype man.

The group had a few more rounds of singing until they all decided to go home now. Eli was the one that drove them home this time.

"Charlotte and Timothy, do you guys have an agent other than singing?" Levi asked them, the two turned their heads to him because of his seating at the back. They both said no.

"I wanted to offer you guys a deal with my record label. Since Charlotte, you are still a bit young, I would understand if you'd refuse it right now. However for you Timothy, if you thought about it just give me a call. Here are my business cards. I own the record label, so you guys won't have any problems negotiating and protecting your rights as artists." As Levi told them that their faces lit up. Even though Levi was right, Charlotte did decline Levi's offer now. But she said that once she's a bit older, she'll come back to him.

On the other hand, Timothy straight up told Levi that he'll negotiate with him at any time in his breaks. He only dreamed of being an artist before, but now he is going to be a superstar like Levi.

Everybody was smiling as they went home to their cabins as well as Kyle to Charlotte. Because he made his move. He is proud of himself even if it's only a step only.

As the two of them lay in their individual beds, still awake. Thinking of what just happened with them today, especially just earlier.

"Kyle...are you still awake?"

"Hmm..." Kyle answered her

She paused before speaking what was in her mind

"When you sang the song Feelings by Lauv, you were looking at me. I was just wondering...did you mean it?"

He then looked at her and as soon as he did, she also looked at his eyes.

"Yes...I do...I meant it." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

519K 33.1K 41
Let's see how different personalities mends with each other to form a beautifull bond together. Where the Eldest is calm and cold, Second is aggress...
247K 1K 10
Beautiful and gentle Misa Hideyoki, one of the last remaining Purebloods, has woken up from her ten year long coma to find that the world she knew ha...
319K 23.4K 28
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...
61.7K 1.3K 11
Engfa and Charlotte are best friends, known eachother for years now. They are very close and have never done anything until Charlotte asks Engfa to g...