HUMDUM- Laiba & Fahad

By saysha261

"𝘕𝘰, 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴. 𝘔𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘶𝘮𝘴𝘦 𝘱𝘺𝘢𝘢𝘳 𝘯𝘢𝘩𝘪 𝘬𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪 𝘍𝘢𝘩𝘢𝘥. 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘥... More

- INTRODUCTION -
01| Meet Laiba and Fahad
02| Rishta pakka?
03| Her failed attempts
04| haldi
05| Qubool Hai
06| misery
07| Walima
08| Kheer pakai
09| Chaah
10| Crescent
11| Naraazgi
12| Ice cream date
13| Baarish
14| Chaand Raat
15| Eid
16| Dawat
17| 'Not' Missing You
18| Aitbaar
19| Ayesha
20| Akidat
21| Changes
22| Birthday
23| Karachi
24| Falling for you
25| Nazdeekiyaan
26| So in love
27| Qualm
28| Heartfelt
29| Distances
30| Hum Dum
- EPILOGUE -
Bonus Chapter - 01
ANNOUNCEMENT - Jiya Zayd's book & more.
Bonus Chapter - 03 (part- 1)
Bonus Chapter - 03 (part- 2)

Bonus Chapter - 02

4.3K 398 74
By saysha261

Few months later

5.02 pm

FAHAD
I sit in the middle of a meeting, the room humming with the low murmur of voices discussing important matters.

My attention is momentarily drawn as my phone screen flashes.

Laiba calling..

I put it on silent after sending a quick I'm busy message to her. But it's hard to concentrate on work when you know your wife is waiting for you.

"We'll discuss this tomorrow" I interrupt and then instruct Saba about the next meeting.

I check my phone as I walk towards my car, and open the voice note sent by Laiba.

"agar tum 15 minute mein ghar nahi aaye, toh mein amma ke ghar chali jaungi"

This was sent 35 minutes ago—

Her tone was tinged with anger and I knew I had messed up again. Since Laiba is pregnant, we had made a pact that I would be home early everyday, work from home if I have to, and will agree to everything she says. I can't let her take any stress during this time.

This pregnancy has altogether been beautiful. Waking up to her sleeping peacefully on my chest, it's a feeling that fills my heart with warmth.

Dealing with Laiba's mood swings has been a little stressful although. But ordering biryani at 3am and watching her devour it while I sit back with a smile is probably one of my favourite things to do.

She is now in her second trimester, so the mood swings are a bit controlled. She's more calm. She spends most of the day with maa, sometimes also visits her parents' house.

I don't know how she's gonna react today. I have already made her upset last week. We were supposed to go out on a dinner, but I had to leave for Karachi urgently. No matter how hard I'm trying to make time for her, I've been disappointing her and I hate that.

[ROOM]
Laiba is asleep. She looks so peaceful and calm. More like the calm before the storm.. you know.

In her hand she's holding "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book, a guide to pregnancy.

I smile and slowly make my way towards the closet. I notice her suitcase sitting right there and realise she was serious. She had actually packed her bags to go to her parents' house.

A small noise from the bedroom makes me realise she is awake. I turn my gaze towards the bed where she slowly gets up and sits on the bedside.

She is silent, which is very unlikely of her.
I hesitate for a moment and blurt out, "M..Main janta hu tum mujhse naraz ho.. ek Kaam karte hai..aaj hum shopping pe chalenge, dinner pe bhi, jahan tum chaho"

I walk closer and stand right in front of her, bracing myself for her response, she wraps her arms around my waist and pulls me into a hug. I am taken aback, to say the least. I mean, I was prepared for her anger, not her warmth.

I hug her back, not understanding why she isn't angry. The soft sound of sniffles makes me realise she is crying. My heart sinks, and a wave of guilt washes over me.

Cupping her face gently, I look into her teary eyes and ask, "Laiba, tum theek ho?"

"Mujhe kuch nahi chahiye" she says in a feeble voice. "Mujhe sirf aapka waqt chahiye Fahaad"

I hug her again, holding her tightly. My chest tightens feeling a deep sense of hurt. I made her cry. I am the reason for her tears. I'm such an asshole. I'm supposed to keep her happy.

"I'm so sorry"  I continue hugging her and kiss her forehead. We stay there for a while as I comfort her.

She breaks the silence after a pause.

"Fahaad.."

I respond with a "hmm?"

"Mujhe bhook lagi hai"

I look at her giving me a cute pout. Sometimes she is just like a child. I caress her hair and ask her, "batao, kya khaogi?"

[KITCHEN]
I stir the karahi kept on the stove and reach to the bowl kept aside.

"Isme anda bhi daaldo" Ammi instructs me. Right now i'm making shami kabab. Ammi helped me with making the rest of the dishes. Im not a pro at cooking but I guess I did a pretty good job.

"Maa aap idhar aaye, aaj woh khud sab karenge"  Laiba says walking into the kitchen.

Ammi gives her a glass of juice and smiles playfully. Laiba sits on the countertop.

"Waise mujhe lag raha hai hume khaana order kar lena chahiye" Ammi says to Laiba.

"Iske cooking ka koi bharosa nahi hai"

"Ammi yaar!" I groan. "Aap kiski side hai?"

"Main toh hamesha se hi Laiba ki side hu " She says hugging Laiba.

I couldn't help but smile as I look at the two most important woman in my life having a talk while I cook for them. You know these are the kind of moments that truly matter.

A pang of longing tugged my heart. I miss Jiya. She moved to London a few months back for her studies.

"Beta tumhe bhook lagi hai toh main fruits kaat ke du?"

"Nahi maa, aap araam kare, iski zarurat nahi hai" Laiba replies.

"Accha theek hai, Fahad agar kuch chahiye ho toh mujhe bula lena"

I nod in response as she leaves and my attention shifts towards Laiba. She is sitting on the kitchen counter wearing a loose salwar, her hair tied up in a messy bun. There's this difference in her appearance ever since she's pregnant. She's glowing, like there's a radiant aura around her making her more beautiful than before.

"Jaldi jaldi banaye iftari ka time ho raha hai" she orders playfully placing the glass of juice on the counter. I give her a look.

"Chef Fahad ke special shami kebab" I say extending my hand with the plate. She chuckles and opens her mouth, allowing me to feed her a small bite.

"Hmm"  I wait for her judgement.
"acchi bani hai"

"Aakhir banayi kisne?" I reply feeling a sense of pride.

She wraps her arms around me pulling me closer, smiling. I look at her remembering the earlier incident in the room and how upset she was.

"Abhi bhi naraz ho?" I ask.

"Yahin toh masla hai" she replies. "Aapse zyada der naraz nahi reh sakti"

A smile spreads across my face as I look at her. I know all she wants is for me to spend time with her.

"Fahaad" she calls out. I love the way she says my name.

I raise my eyebrows in response, her arms still around my neck.

She points towards the stove and I realise—

I panic and quickly rushed to the stove to take the kababs out before they burn.

I hear Laiba's laughter and turn to look at her enjoying my situation.

**********

LAIBA
Fahad and I walk through the streets, buzzing with energy, adorned with lights and decorated stalls. One of the things I love most about Chand Raat. Taking in the sounds and sights of everyone around shopping with their special ones, the happiness of the festivities, the colours, everything about it brings me joy.

I stop at a particular stall filled with an array of dazzling earrings. I look at each one of it not knowing which one to choose. Ughh, they're all just so beautiful. I select two of them and turn to Fahad to ask his opinion.

"Fahad" I call him, but he is busy on a call. He has been working from home for the past few days, so he can be with me. Initially I thought it would be great to have him around more, but now he's constantly occupied with phone calls.

He turns his attention towards me and the earrings I hold in my hand. I show it to him and he nods, but he doesn't even properly look at them.

I feel a tinge of annoyance and shoot him a glare.
He realises it and quickly ends the call.

"Apne kaam se fursat mil jaye toh zara biwi ko bhi dekh lein" I say rolling my eyes.

"Tumhe hi dekh raha hu, kab se" he replies picking the two earrings in my hand and keenly observing it.

"Inn dono mein se ek chuno" I say.

"Ek kyu chun na hai? Agar dono pasand aaye hai toh dono le lo"

I sigh. "Ab agar saare pasand aaye toh sab kuch le lu?"

"Haan, bilkul. Tum kaho toh pura bazaar kharid du?" he replies leaning closer.

"Fahaaddd" I groan smiling and asking him to be serious.

He looks through the dozens of earrings in the stall and helps me pick out a few.

I hang my purse on Fahad's hand. It's convenient to have him hold onto it while I browse through the items.

We continue our shopping make our way to the next stall.

8:37 pm

Fahad carries me in his arms as we walk inside the house. With my hands wrapped tightly around his neck, I make sure to be extra careful that my mehendi doesn't accidentally touch him.

My feet hurt terribly from walking so much today. I look at Fahad from this close proximity and smile. He's surely strong. I mean, I'm five months pregnant and he's able to carry the two of us so easily.

"Gira toh nahi doge?" I tease him and out of nowhere feel a slight shift. He pretends to make me fall and I let out a loud scream.

"Fahad!!"  He laughs.

I hit him. "Utaaro!"

We reach our room and he gently places me on our bed. Fahad grabs a pillow and positions it behind my back.

"Mere pair bohot dard kar rahe hai!" I complain in pain.

"Isliye kaha tha maine itna mat chalo, lekin nahi tumhe kab meri baat sunni hoti hai!"
Of course. He always has to prove he is right, even when I'm in pain.

"Laiba yaar, kabhi toh meri baat maan liya karo" He sits beside me on the bed.

I groan. My feet were throbbing and it felt like I was carrying the weight of the world on them.

I feel his hands on my feet and immediately pull back, asking, "Yeh kya kar rahe ho!?"

"Please, let me", he pleads in a soothing tone and begins to massage my feet with tenderness. Relief washes over my entire body.

I feel a pang of guilt. First he carried me and now this man is massaging my feet.

"Bohot tang karti hu na mein tumhe?" I ask.

He shakes his head with a soft smile.

"Tumhare nakhre uthana accha lagta hai mujhe"

God. He is unreal. What have I done to deserve him? I press my lips into a smile.

"Accha ab, khaana bahar se order kar dein
bohot bhook lag rahi hai" 
Pregnancy cravings are real. I need to keep eating every 2 hours.

"Waha toh mujhe golgappey khaane bhi nahi diya" I complain.

"Laiba.."

"Haan haan pata hai. Street food unhygienic hota hai and all." I imitate him.

"You know market ke paas hi ek bohot accha restaurant tha maine socha tha hum waha jaayenge—"

I cut him off "Toh pehle batana tha naa!"

"Lekin tumhe uss mehendi stall se jaane ki itni jaldi thi, mujhe laga tum thak gayi hogi, aur tumhare pair bhi toh dard kar rahe the"

"Woh toh—" I pause.

"Isliye kyunki..woh stall wali ladki tumhe dekh rahi thi kab se"

"What?" He replies clueless and I give him a look.

"Shayad woh hum dono ko dekh rahi ho" he replies.

"Fahad, main ladki hu. Aur main bohot acchi tarah jaanti hu woh tumhe hi dekh rahi thi" 

He sighs. "Ab.. itna handsome shohar hai tumhara toh kya hi kar sakte hai—"

I glare at him. "Accha.." he hesitates, "..yeh sab chodo, batao kya khana hai, main kya order karu"  he asks trying to divert the topic.

Well, he's not wrong. But only I have the right to look at him like that.

[NEXT DAY]
FAHAD
I button my white kurta jacket, my iPad kept on the table as I talk to Jiya on the video call.

"Kam az kam aaj ke din toh aa sakti thi tum" I say expressing my disappointment.

Laiba walks into the room calling out my name.
She notices the ongoing call and picks the IPad to talk to Jiya.
"Eid Mubarak Jiya!"

"Main aap sab ko bohot miss kar rahi hu"  Jiya says on the call.

"Hum sab bhi tumhe bohot miss kar rahe hai"
Laiba replies and then shows the camera to both of us.

"Bhai naraz hai mujh se, please unhe samjhao.. agar possible hota toh main zarur aati"

She looks at me and then towards the call.
"Woh tumse naraz nahi hai, don't worry. Tum apna khayal rakhna"

"You too!" she says excitedly. "Main koshish karungi tumhari delivery ke time pe aane ki"
Laiba smiles.

"Take care" I say to Jiya. She may think I am angry at her. But I really miss her. It's not Eid without her. She is always so excited about everything, running around the house telling everyone to do things. But this time we had to celebrate without her.

"I love you bhai. I love you Laiba" Jiya replies.

"Meri classes hai toh mein aapko baadme call karungi"

"Okay, Allah Hafiz" Laiba says ending the call.

She keeps the iPad on the table and turns to face me. She is wearing a gorgeous white chiffon suit with golden details, paired with diamond earrings. She looks heavenly. She always does.

"Eid mubarak" I wish her.

She extends her hand towards me.

"Eidi"

"Mil jayegi pehle idhar toh aaye begum" I say pulling her towards me.

I wrap my arms around her waist. We stand in front of the mirror, our eyes locked and our smiles reflecting back at us. I kiss her cheek, making her giggle.

"Main tumhe neeche bulane aayi thi, mere gharwale aaye hai aur tum—"

My grips tightens and I kiss her again.

Laiba holds my hand and moves it to her growing bump. We both smile, looking at each other in the mirror knowing our love was growing and a beautiful chapter is beginning in our life.

"Tumhe pata hai, Amma keh rahi thi chehre pe glow nazar aa raha hai, toh ladka hi hoga." 

She waits for my reply and then asks again, "Tumhe kya lagta hai?"

"Ladka ho ya ladki, honge toh woh meri tarah, zaheen aur haseen" I reply and she turns towards me surprised.

"Tumhari tarah matlab kya? Mein nahi hu?"
I chuckle and kiss her forehead cupping her face.

"Waise main chahta hu ke hamari beti ho" 

I caress her hair and move a strand behind her ear, "aur uski aankhein bilkul tumhari tarah pyaari ho" I complete and look at her eyes.

She smiles.

"You're looking gorgeous by the way"

"You too, my handsome husband"
I blush. This woman has so much effect on me that she says one thing and I am down bad.

She makes her way towards the closet and comes back with her suitcase. My smile fades.

"Laiba.."

"Fahaad. We talked about this"
She will be going to her parents' house after Eid and I'm not ready to let her go. I want us to be together during this special time. I want to take care of her and our baby at every step of the way.

"Lekin agle hafte humari-"

"I know" she cuts me off.

It's our second wedding anniversary.

"Main uss din aa jaungi"

I understand why she wants to go to her parents' house. Her mother wants her to stay there for a few weeks. But the thought of her being away from me makes me feel anxious.

We walk closer and she wraps her arms around my neck. I place my hands on her waist.
"Tumhare baghair mera guzara kaise hoga?"

"Ab tum aese karoge toh mera bhi jaane ka mann nahi hoga"
Then don't go. I say to myself but I know she has to. I look at her feeling conflicted.

Her lips fall on mine for a second and she pulls back. Every time she kisses me, she gets on her toes because of her height. I find it very cute.

I don't respond to the kiss because I'm still upset about her leaving. She kisses me again, and again, then again and I finally give in. I'm gonna miss her kisses, her presence, her scoldings.

"Chale? Sab humara intezaar kar rahe hai"

I walk behind her. Her dupatta touches the ground as she walks so I gently lift it up and follow her lead.

₊˚⋆⋆⁺☾⋆⁺₊˚⋆

Eid Mubarak everyone 🤍

Here's eidi for y'all from my side 🤭

Let me know in the comments how this chapter was. (You know author is comments ki bhooki)
ps: there's still some editing left to do.

The last bonus chapter will be posted in May. (Probably may 15th or 22nd) It's going to be the best one, I can't wait for you guys to read it. 🥺

Stay tuned.

Much love,
Saysha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.4K 2.9K 47
"I hate you. I can never ever love you. I married you because it was my mother's wish. Otherwise, I don't even look at people like you. Have you seen...
421K 28.5K 33
NOOR SHEIKH "He always loved her and he still love her, I was never his priority" MUHAMMAD DAIYAN MALIK "You are nothing but a replacement of my firs...
4.7K 256 18
A spinoff of Her Replaced Husband #Ideally to be read after HRH 🔴Not a Standalone Mastoorah The nice, upright, and assertive girl who always finds...
404K 27.3K 53
"Say it." He whispered, stepping closer to me. "I love you too." I finally admitted, my cheeks flushing dark in embarrassment. I couldn't believe I j...