Troublesome Girl || Shikanoin...

By fhilven

"You're a terrible liar, you know that?" A boy with charming green eyes and crimson hair said, playfully smir... More

Chapter 1 - (Y/N)
Chapter 2 - Heizou
Chapter 3 - (Y/N)
Chapter 4 - Heizou
Chapter 5 - (Y/N)
Chapter 6 - Heizou
Chapter 7 - (Y/N)
Chapter 9 - (Y/N)
Chapter 10 - Heizou
Chapter 11 - (Y/N)
Chapter 12 - Heizou
(A/N)

Chapter 8 - Heizou

14 0 0
By fhilven

"May I take your order, sir?" The waitress asks Heizou as he sips on his glass of water, turning his attention away from the case files and onto the waiter.

"Uhm, yes — Would I be able to just order udon noodles, or does it come with sides?" Heizou neatly places the case files back into the folder while scanning through the restaurant's menu.

"Nope, your all good. No sides included for this dish." The waitress happily replies, writing down Heizou's order on a small notepad. "Would you like to order anything else?"

"No, that's all. Thank you." Heizou says, giving the waitress a friendly smile while handing the menu to him.

The waitress walks away, scurrying towards the kitchen. Heizou sighs, zoning out while frantically playing with the straw in his glass of water.

Ever since Heizou met (c/n), he had been thinking nonstop about that encounter with her. He was trying to figure out what her intentions where at that night, where she went after he lost her in the woods, and moreover, what she did with the stolen mora pouch.

He knows that (c/n) probably doesn't have anything to do with his current case because she seemed like nothing but a simple thief. But as Heizou knows, looks can deceive one's eyes.

Even Hikaru said that the infamous (c/n) has done quite a lot of bad things, but Heizou doubts that for now; but still keeping the thought at the back of his head just in case.

Heizou clears his thoughts, placing his hand on his cheek and resting his head on it while looking around the restaurant and sipping on his water. Amongst the crowds, Heizou spots a familiar face.

It was the girl whom he met during the day before the festival started. She and her friend were following a waitress who seemed to be heading towards Heizou's table (Heizou sat at one of those big high counter tables in the middle of the restaurant; they're meant for smaller parties.)

"Here you are, miss." The waitress smiles at the girl, pointing towards the two empty chairs next to Heizou, handing the the girl two menus as the two girls sit down. "Would you ladies like anything to drink?" The waitress asks.

"One water, and one apple juice please." The girl's friend answers. "Alright, I'll be back soon." The waitress says, then walks off towards the kitchen.

The girl's friend looks through the menu, while the girl with (h/c) hair observes the crimson haired boy next to them.

(A/n)
Also mb I don't think I rlly mentioned this in the other chapter but ur wearing a disguise in this chapter. So Heizou doesn't recognize u as (c/n) in this chapter.

Heizou glances at the girl staring at him, then smirks. "Fallen for my charms already, I see." He turns his head to fully face the girl as she narrows her eyes narrows in slight distraught.

"Quite the coincidence to meet you again." The girl says, shooting Heizou a half smile as the (h/c) haired girl's friend curiously turned her attention to who her companion was talking to.

"Hmm, 'coincidence' is a nice word, but unfortunately, as a detective myself, I don't believe in coincidences." Heizou states as the girl softly chuckles. "Wow, you never told me that you were a detective or doushin or whatever when we met — Why don't you believe in coincidences?"

"Using the word 'coincidence' makes things sound like they were meant to be. The two of us meeting each other is really the culmination of every choice and move we've made up to this point." Heizou explains. "So what I'm trying to say is... our destiny is something we choose."

"Ah, I see what you're saying." The girl responds as her waitress came back with two glasses of water. "Thank you, kind sir." Her friend says, grabbing both drinks from the waitress and passing the glass of water to the (h/c) haired girl.

"So, you haven't told me your name yet." The girl suggests. "Shikanoin Heizou," He says, as the girl's eye slightly twitched. "Heard of me before, I presume?"

"Oh, not at all — my first time hearing the name." Her eyes widen, filled with fake innocence. Well, that's a lie, judging by her body language. "That's alright. And you and your friend?"

The girl turns around, (seemingly forgetting that her friend was there,) meeting her friends curious gaze. "Right, this is—" The girl began, but was interrupted by her friend. "Koboyashi Kanna, nice to meet you." She greets Heizou with a friendly smile resting on her face.

"Koboyashi..." Heizou mumbles. "Do you happen to have a brother?"

"Yes, his name is Hikaru. Why do you ask?"

"Well I believe I've met him during the festival."

"Oh, I remember. He had a yap session about how cool you were when he got home that night. It was really annoying."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

Heizou looks at the (h/c) haired girl, signaling for her turn. "Uhm. Well, the name is (l/n) (y/n). Nice to meet you — again." She says, as Heizou grins. "Well, (l/n), mind if I call you (y/n) instead?"

"I don't really give two shits. Do whatever makes you happy, I guess." (Y/n) monotonously says. "Here you go sir," The waitress says while approaching Heizou's table and placing his steaming hot udon noodles in front of him. "Enjoy!"

Heizou lightly smiles at the waitress, picking up his chopsticks and mixing his noodles around as the waitress walks over to (y/n) and Kanna. "May I take you ladies' orders?" She asks. "Oh my gosh, yes please! I'm literally dying of starvation here." Kanna whines.

Heizou ignores their conversation while the two girls ordered their food and picks up the case files. He hasn't looked at them fully yet, so he had hope that is was a big case full of a lot of mysteries. Heizou swiftly scans through brief summary of the case.

Like Madam Kujou said, it was just a case about stole medicine from various medical buildings. It seemed like who ever was behind this rotated between 3 medical buildings, and only stole one rare type of medicine. There wasn't much information or big leads to start off with; apparently no one knows who's stealing medicine, nor when they're stealing it.

Hmm, seems like a fun case to solve. Heizou smirks at the thrill of the thought. "Is that the case you're working on?" (Y/n) asks with slight excitement in her voice while peeking over Heizou's shoulder to see. "Yeah, but no one can really look at the files, they're kind of private." (Y/n) frowns disappointedly. "Oh..."

"But I'll let you take a small peek, I won't be able to resist not seeing a smile on your face." Heizou quickly says, handing over to the case files to (y/n) and casually slurping on his noodles.

She slowly examines it, carefully reading though the brief paragraph and all the details. Her brows slightly furrowed, paired along with narrowed eyes.

"Huh, seems pretty interesting." (Y/n) smiles, passing Heizou the files. "Maybe I can tag along with you to help out."

"That'd be nice, having a fun case to solve and a dreamy girl to help me with it. Hmm, I wouldn't mind the help." Heizou states, smirking at (y/n). "But my superior might not let you help out. She's... quite the serious person."

A brief moment of silence occurs as Heizou thinks of a comprise to let (y/n) tag along with him. "How about you tag along with me for just today, and then tomorrow we can ask my superior if you can help out!" Heizou exclaims.

"Sure, I think I'm free tomorrow." (Y/n) replies as another waitress come back with (y/n)'s And Kanna's food.

~>>>>>>>>>>~<<<<<<<<<<~

"Man, that was a good meal." Kanna says, satisfied with her full stomach as the three of them all walked around the streets of Inazuma city. "Yeah, they have pretty good food there." (Y/n) agrees. Heizou stays quiet, still ponder about his assigned case.

"Well I've got to go now, (y/n)."

"Oh okay, bye Kanna!" (Y/n) side hugs Kanna before waving goodbye as Kanna starts to head towards the crowds of the streets.

"Bye Kanna," Heizou calls out to her.

"Bye (y/n), bye Shikanoin!" Kanna waves goodbye, and disappears into the crowds.

"So, are you still up for investigating the case, (y/n)?" Heizou asks. "Of course! I dont't think I haven't anything else to do today anyways." She replies with excitement. "Alright then, let's go!" Heizou grins, gently grasping (y/n)'s hand, and softly pulling her along the pathway towards one of the medical building locations.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 394 11
In a world called Teyvat a traveller was just doing his everyday routine when suddenly he felt something was wrong. Suddenly in the beach on mondstad...
33.3K 915 36
"Heyyy! Pay attention to me!" The purple haired troublemaker exclaimed, tugging your arm away from the taller boy next to you. "Don't go hogging (Y/N...
16.9K 306 14
Kazuha was hired to ordered to "Take out" the prince by getting close to him and murdering him in secret and Than to dissapear entirely But.... W...
571 8 2
It was an appaling sight, Zhongli thought. Instead of two brilliantly deep cerulean blue, staring back at him was only one half of the pair, left in...