Deceitful Wedding

By d_buttercup

"Dekhiye ham log ek nakli dulhan ko mandap mein baitha denge aur shaadi ke thodi se beech mein tau ji aap ya... More

Author's Note
Characters
Prologue
1: It begins
3: The actual wedding

2: The wedding

28 2 0
By d_buttercup

Finally it's the day of the wedding. I have never seen a proper wedding before like from the very start to the very end. And today I will see one. I am very excited.

I looked beside me and found a sleeping Harshu beside me. She and her beauty sleep I thought sighing. I jerked her a little to wake her up but it did not work. So, I decided to throw a glass full of water on her face. I mean today is the last day we can be this close to each other after today she will have her own family to manage.

"Uth ja kumbhkaran ke chati aulaad... Tere shaadi hai Aaj dekh 10 baj rhe hai" I lied it was only 5 in the morning hehehe... She abruptly woke up and without looking at the clock took her phone with her to the washroom while bumping with table on the way and lingering her way to the washroom

Strange

I walked outside the room to look upon the wedding preparations. Shekhawat's have left the villa yesterday they will be bringing the Bharat from their home to the villa. And also because the ladies of the groom side do not attend the wedding. So, they all decided to leave and bring Bharat from their respective house as per the ritual.

I went ahead and took a bath after that I went to the kitchen of the villa and boiled some milk for my krishnu and kept it to cool. Then I got busy in some chores and totally forgot to wake krishnu up. Aghhh. I quickly picked his dress and jewellery as they were predecided. And got some lukewarm water for him as soon as I reached him a feeling of calmness ran through me. As I woke him a smile crept on my face just by looking at him. He is my everything.

I woke him up and got him ready for the day. The love of my life. My krishnu. We are matching today by the way.

Dolly's krishnu's and her outfit 👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

It didn't feel like hours it was like seconds. The day went by in seconds and the time for rituals to begin was already there. I haven't seen Harshu since morning. Not because she is busy no she is enjoying her smoothie in her room I am the one working like a labour here. Trying to make everything look perfect. Afterall it is only once that Harshu will get married. Her reels should be 'aesthetically pleasing' as quoted by her.

"Choriii ke kar rhe hai tu??? Yun baithe mat na rahe Kai kaam karele" my father literally shouted at me in frustration. Why is he so frustrated? Harshu is not even his daughter nor does he like Harshu.

Anyway I got busy in my chores and after completing everything and checking everything is on point I made my way towards mine and Harshu's room.

As I and Harshu are very close. I haven't got an anytime to talk to her since morning because I know her very well and vice versa so I have to personally take care of the entire wedding because we promised that I would be her wedding planner and she would be mine. Because on our own weddings we won't be able to give much of our opinions.

"Baraat aa gye arre suno baraat aa gye" tai ji shouted on top of her lungs. Everybody rushed towards the main gate as the rasm of ribbon cutting will take place now. I am also supposed to be there.
As I and Harshu are only a month apart so I am the oldest in the family after her my being at the ribbon cutting ceremony is very important. But I have not checked on Harshu since morning.
"Chalo chalo Dida Jijosa aa gye kaamaye bhi toh karne hai" Aakriti squealed in excitement. I looked at her in shock. No no we cannot ask for money from Jijosa for entry. I know this is a rasm but papa doesn't like all this at all.

"Akriti ruk ruk akriti tu esa kuch nhi karege akriti ruk ja kaha bhaage ja rhe hai" I ran behind Akriti as she ran towards the main gate. Maa and taiji were putting ribbon on the door while we went past it. Now we both were running behind each other in the middle of dancing people. Baraat!!! We were a part of the baraat now lmao.

Alright concentrate Dolly concentrate where is akriti? As I was running and trying to find her. I bumped into something not something somebody. And thanks to my heels I was about to fall I had accepted my fate. I knew I would fall and sprain my ankle. But somebody caught me from beside me. This person was standing beside me that means I did not bump into him. Wait what am I even doing? First of all let me see whom I bumped into.

I saw a horse standing in front of me. Okay a horse I bumped into a horse. A horse !?!!!!!!??!?! For real krishnu? A horse? Then I looked at the person who saved me. I shouldn't have. Jiju. I lowered my eyes immediately and murmured a sorry while running back in the villa.

Why the hell was this so awkward. Anyway I got the thal for ribbon cutting and we started with the rituals. Taiji tried to pull Jiju's nose and he easily got it pulled by her because of which one side of the ribbon was houting while the other was booing. The sound of laughter was constant. Such a nice family my Harshu is getting married into.
We gave them entry inside the villa without asking for the money but they said that it is mandatory and they have to give it. So, they gave me and Akriti 51000-51000 individually. She was dancing and singing until mumma took away the money from her and kept it with her promising to give it to her later.

She said "Mummy tumhara baad mein kabhi nhi ata. Didi ke bhi lo mere mere kyu?" And stomped away not even waiting for her reply. Everyone present there had a good laugh as we proceeded for the Varmala.

I was asked by a scared Taiji to attend the baraatis and entertain them. As there was some problem with Harshu's makeup. I know she can create a scene for the smallest thing so I agreed.
Although we weren't supposed to perform today but what better than engaging them in some dance. I, akriti and Shrija performed a welcome dance for all the baraatis. They thoroughly enjoyed and even joined us in the end. But papa and tauji were looking very tensed.

What happened? What is the matter. I made my way towards our room. For some reason I was scared. Is something wrong? Oh my God I hope Harshu is alright. I came into the room and saw taiji crying hysterically while maa tried to console her and tauji was standing at a distance from them with his head in hand. While papa was outside trying to attend the guests with Pranav. But where is Harshu. I got scared and looked at mimi. I panicked and asked her grabbing everybody's attention. "Mimi where is Harshu? Where is she? It is her wedding jaldi bulao vane. Jijosa wait kare rhe hai. Jaldi karo" she looked at me and cried even more. I was confused why is she crying she can do this after the vidaai why now?

"Vo bhag Gaye beta Harshu bhag gye" tauji said crying. "Kya? Nhi Tauji Harshu esa nhi kar skte voh yhi hoge aap logo ne garden mein dekha? Voh na es room mein network nhi aate isliye voh udhar gye hoge main na usko leke aate hoon 1 min rukiye aap" I said while running towards the garden not hearing with what they have to say. Please krishnu take anything from me but let Harshu be there. I reached the garden and say not even a single soul over there.

" HARSHUU HARSHUU HARSHITAAAA " I shouted on top of my lungs. I was running in the entire garden shouting Harshu's name but she did not respond. She was not there to respond. She left. She left me alone to deal with her mess. How am I going to do this. What answer an I going to give everybody. I will be equally blamed for her deeds.

I crumbled on the floor into a ball. I cannot take this. No I cannot. I fainted.

As I woke up I was in a room full of people. I could barely recognise anybody but I could see my mimi sitting beside me and taiji sitting on the other side crying. While all the men including papa, tauji, Jiju, Vihaan , Raghav , Amritesh Uncle and Rajendra Uncle were standing surrounding my bed. Awkward. I woke up and looked at everyone. They were all concerned. For whom? I don't know. Me or Harshu? " Where is harshita? Dolly beta" Amritesh uncle asked me. I looked at mimi dumbfoundedly. They haven't told them about her yet? As I was about to say something. Taiji said " Yes Dolly where is Harshita? We send you to bring her from the garden but on the contrary Vardhaan found you unconscious in the garden." Did they all just turned it into me?

I looked at everybody present there. O such good actors. Please somebody cast my family into a drama or something. I looked at Vardhaan then at Vihaan and then my gaze was fix on Amritesh Uncle as I said "uncle harshu is not here. She ran away"

I looked away and I could hear them gasp while I saw a figure falling on the chair where Harshu was supposed to get ready. Poor Vardhaan ji his bride ran away.

Anger fuming in his voice Amritesh Uncle said "what is this Devendar? Where is your daughter? Weren't you the one who wanted to get your daughter married to our Vardhaan? Now what happened? Where is your daughter? "

Taiji started crying even more loudly and shook me from my shoulder and asked " where is Harshu ? Dolly please tell us where she is. I know you know where she went. She was the closest to you Dolly please tell us where she is? We will not hurt any of you. If she doesn't want to get married to Vardhaan then it's fine. We will get her married to whomever she wants. But tell me where is my daughter" she was saying in between her cries which were the only thing audible in the entire room.

" Abh kya? Papaji Saare guests bhar wait kar rhe hai ham unhe kya bolenge? Ke dulhan bhaag Gaye?" Raghav bhaiya said who has been quite all along. I looked at everybody's face and then at my father's and Tauji's they were in a state of horror. After all they are the fathers of daughter in such a society. Their was pin drop silence in the room nobody willing to answer Raghav bhaiya's question.

Dadaji walked up to papa and said " Amrender aaj phir mujhe tere zaroorat hai ithias apne aap ko dhura Raha hai... Hame Aaj phir se tere zaroorat hai apne naak bachane ke liye" while sobbing in his arms.

"Papaji I will do anything for our family's reputation. You just say it" my father said and why am I not liking the sound of it.

Dadaji walked towards Amritesh Uncle and joined his hands in front of him to which he gently put off. Saying it is disrespectful and he would be ashamed of he let dadaji stand infront of him like this.

" Amritesh beta hame pata hai hamse galti Hui hai. Agar ho sake toh hame maaf kar Dena" Dadu said looking down. I hate it when his head is bend of shame. My tears were on verge watching my dadu cry. His self respect is his everything and he is putting it on stake for Harshu. What have you done Harshu? Why did you do this?

" Dono parivaaro ke izzat ka sawal hai Amritesh. Ham hamare parivaar ke izzat yun mitti mein nhi Mila skte. Isliye ham Vardhaan aur Dolly ke shaadi karaenge Aaj he. Abhi" he said to which Amritesh Uncle nodded.

He nodded!!! And what did Dadaji say me and Vardhaan ji NOOOO. I looked at papa he was looking at Amritesh Uncle with a smile on his face while tauji was sitting on the couch and mimi was as shocked as me.

"Nahi Aaj esa nhi kar sakte. Main Vardhaan ji se shaadi nahi karounge bilkul nhi karounge." I stood up adamantly and spoke with firm voice. Although I was very scared to speak.

Dadaji looked at papa and said something in his eyes which was then conveyed to my mother who took me to other room and is now explaining how family reputation is important.

"Mimi nahi bilkul nahi. Main Vardhaan ji se shaadi nhi kar rhe. Aap log soch bhi kese sakte hai esa kuch. Mummy pichle 2 mahine se main unhe jiju jiju kar rhe hoon aur Aaj all of a sudden out of the blue unhe pati bana lo? " I said in one breath and out of all people how can she even think of trying to convince me for this bullshit.

"Dolly remember dadaji said papa that history is repeating itself. Do you know why he said that" she asked me softly and I denied because I don't know and neither do I wish to know.

"Because your father and I got married like this. I was supposed to marry your tauji. But after our marriage was fixed he ran away and did court marriage with your taiji. That time your father was only 22 and studying still he agreed to marry me for family's reputation and look today we are so happy. " I cut her in between with a she is not happy but she gave me a side eye and I knew I should shut up. She continued

" Bache family ke liye kafi cheezein hame ese karne paste hai Jo hamare rules ke khilaaf hote hai par hamesha galat nhi hoti. Aur bache Vardhaan ji ka rishta pehle tere liye he aya tha. Aur Reyansh ka tere gaal par haldi lagana, Vihaan ji ke girlfriend hona, Vardhaan ji ke mehendi se tereko mehendi lagna. Sab es cheez ke aur sanket kar rha hai bacha. Please apne dada ke baat man aur haan karde shaadi ke liye" maa took a deep breath and was about to start again but I hugged her.

"Mimi par I am not ready. How can I marry him? mujhe toh kuch ata bhi nhi hai maa main toh abhi financially independent bhi nhi hoon. Main apne career mein stable nhi hoon. Mimi main kuch nhi hoon mujhe toh khana banana bhi nhi ata. Apne hamesha bola hai shaadi se pehle independent Bano tabhi shaadi karo. Maa mujhe aapke jese life nhi chahiye. Aap ne pata nhi kese jhel liya main nhi kar paounge" I finished and took a deep breath.

She smiled. What is it with these smiles today. " Aur independent hone ka faida he kya jab tum apne pariwar ke izzat ko na bacha sako. Tum bhi Harshu ke tarah apne pariwar ko kyun chod doge ya unka sath doge" why is she emotional blackmailing me.

I ran out of that room while she came running behind me and asking me to stop. I went to the room where everybody else was present.

As I opened the door I saw everybody was very stressed and Vihaan was I guess trying to console Vardhaan ji. Poor thing.

I went inside and decided to narrate my plan in front of everybody.

••••••••

Thank you so much for reading this chapter lovely people.

Please guys try to tell me your views through commenting. I would really appreciate it.

Would do you think of Dolly's bond with her Mimi aka her mother.

Where did Harshu go? Did she go willingly or unwillingly???

Any expectations for next chapter???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 193K 89
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
3.5M 145K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...