3: The actual wedding

I think I should start speaking

I think I should start speaking. Okay here goes nothing.
"Dekhiye ham log ek nakli dulhan ko mandap mein baitha denge aur shaadi ke thodi se beech mein tau ji aap ya uncle ji aap behosh ho jana" I said looking towards my tau ji and amritesh uncle (Jiju's father)

They were staring at me blankly along with rest of the family members present in the room. So I continued "if the father of groom or bride will faint then the wedding will have to stop because he should be taken to hospital na" there was a bit of frustration in end because I don't want to marry him and all this talking and convincing in making me angry.

I could sense it through the faces of people that they are thinking I am mad. Let them think I don't care. I will not marry this man. And I looked at Jiju HE.WAS.SMILING.
Why the hell is he smiling his bride just ran away.
"Okay I think this is a great idea we will do this and tum banoge nakli dulhan" Amritesh uncle said. I could sense some tension between papa and tauji but I cannot afford to lose this chance and I agreed.

Although I should have made them sign some kind of agreement or something.

I looked at mimi she was smiling at me while she put the veil over my head. "Mera na sapna tha tujhe dulhan ke tarah saja hua dekhna" she smiled and kissed me on my head. I looked blankly towards her " Maa I am fake bride. This is not my wedding. I am not marrying Vardhaan ji at any cost" I could see her smile disappear. But for her temporary happiness I cannot put my entire life on stake.

Soon I was called at the mandap and to avoid any kind of gossips the veil was covering my entire face and it was supposed to cover my entire face until and unless somebody faints.

I sat beside Vardhaan ji. He is not very muscular but has a good body shape like the kind where you take care of your body but not like the steroids , diet, protein shake type care.

And his body shape is nice which is none of my business so, I should concentrate on the wedding which is again not my business but the only option to focus on. I have not revised my polity lessons today. Now is the good time. I shall revise it all. I guess I have at least 15 -
20 minutes.

It has been so long why nobody is fainting. Wait have I been played with? Did they just scam a Future Civil Servant. Huh. How brave?!?! I looked at my mother through the veil and she had tears in her eyes while Aakriti tried to console her. Then I looked at papa, tauji and Vardhaan Ji's father. They did not show any sign of fainting.

No no no this cannot be happening no I am not marrying Vardhaan ji at any cost. I stood up abruptly from my place and along with me stood up Vardhaan ji. I was about to speak when Kavya came towards me and the groom and tied the pink cloth between us. It was time for the pheras?!?!? I looked at papa and he nodded his head motioning me to take the pheras then I looked at mimi she was just crying what else can she do? Is this my fate? Do I have to marry him and become a house wife??? No way I will not fall for this.

As I was taking the pheras my mind was blank. How can my own family do this to me. Wow these people are bad. The wedding was done I was rightfully the wife of Vardhaan Singh Shekhawat. Eww doesn't even sound good.

It was time for the vidaai. Huh. Rona ? My foot. They basically disowned me for their reputation in the world. Didn't even once thought about my dreams. I hugged my mother. She was crying hysterically. "Kesa laga apne khud ke beti ko dhoka deke?" I asked with anger and hate dripping from my voice. To which she cried even more. Then I went towards my father. How could he do this to me? He looked at me their were no tears he was happy and just patted my head and hugged me. He hugged me?!?? He haven't ever hugged me. But it is not the time to think emotionally.

I looked at him and said "Itna bada dhoka toh apne mere sath kar Diya hai abh agar thode se bhi sharam baaki ho aap mein toh ek ache se divorce lawyer ka number mujhe message kar dena" and I left. Then I hugged my Nani and that is where I broke. I started crying. She knows everything about me. She knows I will not be able to handle it all.

She looked at me and with a faint smile said "My Dolly is a big girl now. She got married. Bache I know the circumstances you got married in. But marriage is marriage. And it is your Krishnu who chose Vardhaan for you." And wiped tears while I looked at Vardhaan ji who was patiently standing beside the car talking to Vihaan about something.

"Bache I have nothing to give you right now as your wedding gift but I am giving you this Masala Dani. In that house you will find people of different characters some would be thike like mirch powder and some would be garam dimaag wale like Garam masala but always remember jese en sab masalo se ek achi sabzi banti hai vese he har tarah ke vyavar wale logo se family bante hai. Toh bache aapko sabko sath rakhna hai aur khud bhi unmein mil jana hai" Nani continued and hugged me tightly.

Then I proceeded towards the car because I do not wish to meet anybody else here. They are all fake.