Love in the Storm {Zach Mitch...

By meganhaley2001

Dallen Grady is not your ordinary girl. She is far from that actually. She is the sister of the famous and we... More

A/N
{Chapter 2 - Training}
{Character Info}
{Chapter 3 - Babysitting}
{Chapter 4 - Tours pt.1}
A/N
{Chapter 5 - Tour pt. 2
Continue?
Continuing
Sorry

{Chapter 1 - Imprinting}

13.9K 256 10
By meganhaley2001

~Before~
Dallen's POV

Sighing to myself I get up from my seat in the monorail at the famous Jurassic World and walk out only to be greeted by a big hug from my brother, that I had told I would be coming to the island to help train any dinosaur of my choice.

A few weeks before this important day of my life I received a letter from InGen stating that my knowledge of dinosaurs exceeds to a point where I qualify training one myself. It said that a position is open for my taking and it came to realization that my brother also worked here so I came without hesitation.

As I hugged all my brother with all my might I heard him whisper in my ear that he missed me so much a wanted to catch up a seeing that we've never seen each other in many years, as I agreed with him.

Letting go from a long hug I looked to see beautiful greenery from the thriving island inhabiting dinosaurs of all types, while murmuring to myself 'wow'.

"It's amazing isn't it?" Owen asked when he saw my expression.

"It's beautiful" I said in amazement still looking around.

"I said the same when I first came here too" Owen added.

We broke from our conversation when we heard someone clearing their throat and we turned to our heads to see the world famous Claire Dearing.

"Hi, I'm Dallen. You must be Claire Dearing" I said to her with my hand out to her.

"That would be me, I suppose that you and Mr. Grady-" she started and shaked my hand only to be interrupted by Owen.

"Owen" saying his first name correcting her

"Owen" she corrected with annoyance "Will be staying together?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am" I replied shyly and gave a small smile.

"Okay then, so tomorrow you will be going to the lab to choose which dinosaur you would like to train, so you and your choice will imprint on each other to make things easier while training." she replied with a small smile " just like your brother and his raptors" she added.

"That sounds great!" I replied happily "oh and thank you for choosing me to be a trainer, you don't know how much this means to me."

"You're welcome Dallen. I wish you the best of luck" she replied and giving me a genuine smile before walking away.

"Who knew you could be such a kiss in the ass?" Owen turned to me.

"I'm actually really grateful for her doing this. It brought us together again right?" I said

"It's just that Claire never really smiles often"

"Well people are not as they seem dude" I said hitting his chest playfully.

"Well! Let's go to my humble abode to drop off your stuff and I can give you the tour of the place, knowing you would get lost" he said "and we can catch up then"

"That would be great" I said excitedly while jumping up and down

"Okay, let's go kiddo" he said before grabbing one of my back packs and walking over to a motorcycle.

"What about the rest of my bags?" I asked

"It's ready at my place I took it there earlier" he replied to my question.

"Great lets get going!" I said getting on the bike and holding on to Owen's torso.

"Chill girly we have time" he chuckled making me snicker at his comment.

*SKIP RIDE*

As we got to his bungalow I went to my room that he gave me to stay in and unpacked all my belongings that I've brought with me.

"Dallen! Want to see my raptors and take the tour?"

"Sure!" I replied

*SKIP TOUR AND ONTO RAPTORS (cause I'm lazy lol sorry)

"Now that you've got the tour we are here at my raptors" Owen said gesturing to his raptors while going on the cat walk.

"Can I see them close up?" I asked

"Yeah sure

"Wow" I said while getting up to the gate separating me from them.

One with a blue tint and golden eyes looked to me and gave me a look of curiosity and gave me a small chirp indicating that I'm no threat.

"That ones Blue" Owen said "she's the Beta of the pack"

"Who's the Alpha? And where are the others?"

"I'm the alpha, and the others are hidden" he replied grabbing a clicker and clicked it call the others.

"Their names are Delta, Echo, and Charlie" he said pointing to each dinosaur and leaving to get a bucket of something.

They all had the same expressions and reaction looking at me as Blue. I stuck my hand out to Delta's head and she pressed her head to my hand and saying you're allowed to touch me.

"Do you like them they seem pretty cool right?" Owen rambled on still not realizing what I'm doing.

"They're amazing" I say in astonishment.

"Yeah.... Dallen what are you doing?!" Now realizing I'm touching Delta

"Touching Delta?" I said looking at him while taking my hand if of Delta.

"Wow I've never seen someone touching my raptors other than me and Barry" Owen said more to himself than me.

"Can I try something bro?" I asked.

"Sure"

"Okay" I said turning the Dino's slowly "Blue sshhhh I won't hurt ya" I said trying to comfort her so I can touch her

Blue chirped at me still not sure, but I kept repeating those words to her and slowly made my way to her head so I can touch her. A minute later Blue placed her head on my hand giving me the same response as Delta did.

"Your a good girl aren't you?" I complemented her "okay, go" and she ran off as well as the others behind her.

"Wow. Never in all my years that I've been here seen them behave so well to someone new" he said while side hugging me.

"You just got to make them trust you by complementing them or how you won't hurt them" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Let's get ya home and I'll cook us some dinner. You have a big day tomorrow little lady, and we can't have ya all tired and late" knowing that I hated being that way

*BACK AT THE HOUSE*

Owen cooked spaghetti for dinner and let's just say he can cook with out a book. It reminded me of my moms cooking and made me sad knowing I won't be seeing her any time soon. But soon got over the sadness and looked to the bright side of the situation and got ready for bed.

"Good night Owen" I said getting up from his couch after watching tv for a while.

"Night sis" he replied.

*MORNING*

I got up from my bed and did my morning routine and got dressed (The picture in the side) and pulled my long brown hair into a side braid. When I was finished getting ready I looked for my dinosaur necklace from my backpack pocket I got from my mom before I left to the island, and grabbed a hat and sunglasses so it won't get too hot.

After I was finished with my whole outfit I walked out to see Owen at the table drinking coffee and reading the news paper like a typical dad would do but he's like my dad now since I don't have one within reach.

"Good morning" I said to him.

"Morning. Today is your big day. Do you have a dinosaur in mind that you would like to train?" He asked me.

"Yeah actually I do" I said.

He looked at me to see if I would tell him my choice but I didn't start a word and went to get s cup of coffee.

"Well...?"

"Oh! I'm not telling it's a surprise" I said sheepishly with a smirk playing on my lips.

"Wow. You can tell me I won't tell anyone else" he begged.

"Nope, let get going I don't want to be late" I clapped my hands together

"Yeah. Yeah I don't want to be late either" he said rather disappointed I wouldn't tell him.

*SKIP RIDE TO THE LAB*

"Okay. Thanks for the ride bro I'll see you later?" I said

"Yeah. See ya sis have a good day" he responded.

I turned from his motorcycle to the lab and walked inside the building in amazement only to be stopped by a security guard who asked for my identification but I told him I was the new trainer but he didn't believe me and I told him to just ask Claire and after he called Claire he let me in.

"Oh there you are Dallen! Welcome to Jurassic World! Would you like to see the eggs?" the person I'm assuming is Dr. Henry Wu.

"Sure lets get started!" I said excitedly

Dr. Wu just chuckled at my response and walked over to many incubators.

So those are triceratops, Tyrannosaurus rex, barosaurus, stegosaurus, etc. so which one would you like to take?" He asked

"The.... Tyrannosaurus Rex" I finally chose.

"Are you sure?" He asked

"Yes. 100% sure" I grinned

"Well it looks like it's starting to hatch I'll leave so you're the first person she sees and you can call me when your finished." he explained

"Okay. Thank you so much for you're help Dr. Wu"

"Please. Call me Henry" he gave me a sweet smile and left.

I looked back to the egg and saw it was making its way out of its shell with its little claws. When it's head popped out it cried out to its mother only for me to pick it up with a baby blanket so it can stay warm.

I held the baby T- Rex in my arms and hugged it to my chest and cradled it in my arms "I swear on my life I'll love you like your my own Thalia" I whispered in her ear and named her.

Little did I know that life couldn't get more better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 15.8K 79
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
227K 5.5K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
105K 2.1K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
285K 12.9K 59
A Boy who is born with one blue eyes.His one eye is Blue & another one is dark brown.His life wasn't easy ,he was in dark ,this world made him heartl...