{Chapter 1 - Imprinting}

~Before~
Dallen's POV

Sighing to myself I get up from my seat in the monorail at the famous Jurassic World and walk out only to be greeted by a big hug from my brother, that I had told I would be coming to the island to help train any dinosaur of my choice.

A few weeks before this important day of my life I received a letter from InGen stating that my knowledge of dinosaurs exceeds to a point where I qualify training one myself. It said that a position is open for my taking and it came to realization that my brother also worked here so I came without hesitation.

As I hugged all my brother with all my might I heard him whisper in my ear that he missed me so much a wanted to catch up a seeing that we've never seen each other in many years, as I agreed with him.

Letting go from a long hug I looked to see beautiful greenery from the thriving island inhabiting dinosaurs of all types, while murmuring to myself 'wow'.

"It's amazing isn't it?" Owen asked when he saw my expression.

"It's beautiful" I said in amazement still looking around.

"I said the same when I first came here too" Owen added.

We broke from our conversation when we heard someone clearing their throat and we turned to our heads to see the world famous Claire Dearing.

"Hi, I'm Dallen. You must be Claire Dearing" I said to her with my hand out to her.

"That would be me, I suppose that you and Mr. Grady-" she started and shaked my hand only to be interrupted by Owen.

"Owen" saying his first name correcting her

"Owen" she corrected with annoyance "Will be staying together?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am" I replied shyly and gave a small smile.

"Okay then, so tomorrow you will be going to the lab to choose which dinosaur you would like to train, so you and your choice will imprint on each other to make things easier while training." she replied with a small smile " just like your brother and his raptors" she added.

"That sounds great!" I replied happily "oh and thank you for choosing me to be a trainer, you don't know how much this means to me."

"You're welcome Dallen. I wish you the best of luck" she replied and giving me a genuine smile before walking away.

"Who knew you could be such a kiss in the ass?" Owen turned to me.

"I'm actually really grateful for her doing this. It brought us together again right?" I said

"It's just that Claire never really smiles often"

"Well people are not as they seem dude" I said hitting his chest playfully.

"Well! Let's go to my humble abode to drop off your stuff and I can give you the tour of the place, knowing you would get lost" he said "and we can catch up then"

"That would be great" I said excitedly while jumping up and down

"Okay, let's go kiddo" he said before grabbing one of my back packs and walking over to a motorcycle.

"What about the rest of my bags?" I asked

"It's ready at my place I took it there earlier" he replied to my question.

"Great lets get going!" I said getting on the bike and holding on to Owen's torso.

"Chill girly we have time" he chuckled making me snicker at his comment.