Parker Stevens, I Can Hold a...

By smilingthroughitall

(Unedited and started in 2010, beware of plot holes, terrible grammar and other misfortunes) Grace Tailor sho... More

Parker Stevens, I Can Hold a Grudge.
Parker Stevens; Chapter One
Parker Stevens; Chapter Two
Parker Stevens; Chapter three
Parker Stevens; Chapter Four
Parker Stevens; Chapter Five
Parker Stevens; Chapter Six
Parker Stevens; Chapter Eight
Parker Stevens; Chapter Nine
Parker Stevens; Chapter Ten
Parker Stevens; Chapter Eleven
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twelve
Parker Stevens; Chapter Thirteen
Parker Stevens; Chapter Fourteen
Parker Stevens; Chapter Fifteen
Parker Stevens; Chapter Sixteen
Parker Stevens; Chapter Seventeen
Parker Stevens; Chapter Eighteen
Parker Stevens; Chapter Nineteen
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-One
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Two
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Three
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Four
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Five
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Six
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Seven
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Eight
Parker Stevens; Chapter Twenty-Nine *****FINAL CHAPTER*****

Parker Stevens; Chapter Seven

2.5K 50 7
By smilingthroughitall

where did all you readers come from!? it was like *poof* readers! whatever, not complaining!

61 fans. hey guys(:

I wish I could just ramble like every other author but my life is pretty damn boring so...

leave a comment? leave a vote? leave the story being a fan?XD

-natalie♥

ps, I LOVE YOU GUYS. hope that wasn't too awkward?

pps, ms. cook is actually based on one of my teacher's at school. and yes. she is that evil.

enjoy!

_________________________________________

 “Do they live together?” I asked Bri as she typed away on the library computer.

            “Yeah, Parker’s dad passed away two years ago and he’s been living with his other aunt until now. I couldn’t find any info on why he moved here, but he is staying with Teagan’s mom.” She said while typing away. I looked back down at my nails, trying not to feel sympathetic for him.

            “Okay, I found it.” She said proudly. I got up and looked over her shoulder. I felt my lips pull into a triumphant smile.

            “This is perfect!” I cried then quickly covered my mouth, earning a shush from the librarian and a glare from the student trying to study by the computers.

            “We should go now. Do you want to?” She asked quickly as she logged off the computer and stood up. She grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder, looking at me questioningly.

            I shrugged, “Sure.”

            Five hours, and one google mapping/getting lost experience later, we sat in Bri’s car in our all black apparel, waiting for all the lights to go off in their house.

            We both were sitting on the floor in the backseat eating gummy bears and laughing evilly every so often.

            It was 12 o’clock on a Sunday night, technically it was Monday now, my parents had let me stay over at Bri’s place unknowing that we were going to camp out till 12, then get revenge on two guys. Bri’s parents were away on vacation, thinking her older brother was going to watch over her. He went to a college party, like every night.

            “It smells like fertilizer.” I mumbled through a mouth-full of gummy bears.

             Bri snorted at me. She then sat up, eyes peering over the windowsill.

            “Are the lights off?” I asked quietly. She nodded gleefully before opening the car door and stepping out. I crouched down, practically rolling out of the car. Bri rolled her eyes at me and popped the trunk with her keychain. It swung open and we scurried over to it, grabbing our supplies.

            “Ready?” I asked Bri. She smiled as she pulled out the jug of glue.

            “Oh yeah.”

            School the next day may have been the best day of my life. I walked in with Bri 15 minutes early so we could see Teagan and Parker pull into the lot. I jumped from foot to foot as we stood outside in the lot, freezing in the February air. 

            “Grace! Stop fidgeting!” Bri scolded me. I glared her way and gripped my scarf tighter around my nose.

            “So! Cold!” I shivered unpleasantly. Bri smacked me lightly on the back of the head.

            “Then wait inside. Something tells me they aren’t taking their cars today.” She mumbled before grabbing my arm and bringing me inside. I glanced over my shoulder one last time before bursting out laughing.

            “Bri! Wait! They came!” I pulled her arm that was gripping mine, grinning widely.

            The car was covered in boy’s briefs and extra large girl’s underwear. We had glued it all to the roof. The first happened to be Parker’s car. I threw my gloved hand over my mouth while watching the car pull into the parking spot nearby. He jumped out with his head ducked down and a small redness radiating from his cheeks. Trying to conceal my laughter was hard.

            I felt like I was in a movie. The moment was literally perfect. It was almost slow-motion greatness. The car had left a trail behind it of a few pairs of undies that flew of the car. Bri was in hysterics beside me, not trying to hide it at all.

            He speed walked passed me, ignoring me. In movies, the character would immediately know who pulled the prank, and then pull one right back. But Parker didn’t know. At least I hope he didn’t know. I would hate to see what he pulled back on me.

            “Oh and here comes Teagan!” Bri exclaimed between laughs.

            The car’s roof was covered in feathers and also left a trail behind it. I snickered quietly to myself, enjoying this thoroughly. Revenge; I am so glad that we met. Bri’s hand met mine in a small high five as Teagan pretended it was normal that his car was covered in feathers, but you could see the slight blush on his cheeks. His eyes caught mine and narrowed slightly.

            ‘You.’ He mouthed suspiciously. I shrugged, but let the evil little smirk pounce onto my face. His eyes narrowed a little bit more before moving on and laughing with some of his friends about his car. Inside though I knew he was furious. All guys were over protective over their cars. It was just a well known fact. Bri began tugging on my arm, while still laughing like a maniac, and pulled me inside. She wiped a few tears that had streamed down her face away then turned to me.

            She put her hands on my shoulders.

            “Thank you. That just made my life that much better.” She smiled evilly at me before walking off to her locker. I walked slowly over to mine, feeling as light as air. When I reached my locker, I began humming happily to myself. It was like the whole world had become three shades lighter. The sun shined through the windows at the end of the hall and the birds sung happily in my head. There were not really that many birds in winter so I had to make do with the little images of them in my head. I opened my locker and dropped my bag on the ground in front of me.

            Suddenly, my locker door slammed shut in front of my eyes. I jumped and put a hand to my heart trying to calm it down. My eyes followed the hand that was on my locker up to the shoulder, and straight into Parker’s eyes. Furious, murdering eyes. I held in a laugh.

            “Grace, I’m going to give you one minute to grovel an apology at my knees, otherwise-” He started but I cut him off.

            “Otherwise what Parker? You already destroyed my reputation as a good person and made me seem like a slut. What else are you going to pull? There is nothing you could do to make-” I was cut off my Parker counting down.

            “Ten,” He stared down at the watch on his arm. Did people even wear watches anymore? “Nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two...one. I’ll see you Grace. Better watch your back.” He smirked and turned around, waving a hand over his shoulder.

            And with that, my revenge didn’t seem so sweet anymore.

            I stood still for a moment. My eye was twitching. I could feel it. Where was Parker’s face when I needed to punch it in? My fists clenched with the thought and I heard the bell ring.

            “Parker!” I screeched angrily. I threw my hands up and slammed them against my locker.

            He was making me crazy! I was going absolutely insane!

            People were staring now so I hurriedly grabbed my books and changed my boots into my converse. I sighed, much better.

            Now, how was I going to get Parker back before he could even do anything to me? I had no idea.

            I made my way to class feeling too paranoid for my own good. He couldn’t even get back at me until he made a good plan! At least not until tomorrow...right?

            Glancing over my shoulder once more, I sighed. I really needed to get to class and try to forget about the nagging feeling in the back of my brain.

            Ms. Cook on a Monday morning was the worst thing to experience. She was extra psycho on Monday’s and decided today was the day she wanted to pick on me.

            “Grace, what did you get for the answer of question number six?” She eyed me with those beady evil eyes. Her blue eye-shadow was blinding me today. It’s like I knew the whole world was going to hate on me today.

            “Uh...” I glanced down on my paper to see it empty. Great. Well, I knew Macbeth enough to just guess the answer.

            But before I could answer she began waddling over to my desk with a sharp look in her vicious eyes. She stopped over me and looked down at my empty paper.

            “But you couldn’t do that for me because you haven’t done your homework, have you?” She asked me with one eyebrow raised.

            “Uhhh.... No.” I mumbled looking down at my paper while the class snickered at my embarrassment. The was no way you ever wanted to cross Ms. Cook. She was the most evil teacher. Maybe Parker was related to her.

            “Mm,” She said before clacking her stumpy legs back to her desk. “Detention at lunch, Grace.” She said casually. My mouth dropped open. I had never gotten a detention in my life!

            “But Ms-” I stared to protest but stopped when her cold eyes caught onto mine.

            “Detention. Lunch.” She said harshly. I winced at her tone but simply nodded.

            This was all Parker’s fault! If I hadn’t been too busy trying to get revenge on him, this would have never happened. I looked over at Bri who gave me a sympathetic look. Sighing, I doodled on my paper for the rest of the period, not even wanting to know what my perfect record was going to look like with this detention spoiling it.

            But at least it would be better than facing Parker at lunch.

            “Grace, you better be paying attention!” Ms. Cook sang in her taunting shrill voice.

            I take that back. I would rather face Parker.

            Lunch rolled around too quickly. I didn’t even have time to chat to Bri or Joseph before I had to go serve detention. Cue the scary movie piano music.

            I walked down the hall, feeling my doom come closer with each tiny step I took. The door to the classroom was right at the end of the hall and seemed to look more menacing as I came closer.

            I was right in front of the door. How did I get right in front of the door!? I was just down the hall two seconds ago.

            “Great.” I whispered to myself before putting my hand on the cool knob. I turned it and walked into the room.

            My jaw dropped when I saw who was already there playing with his iPod under the desk. He looked up at me and smirked as though he knew I had detention.

            “Glad you could make it, Grace. Parker here will be joining you in cleaning the chalkboards while I go out to lunch. Ms. Jolene will be in here every ten minutes to check to see if you’re doing what you were told to do.” Ms. Cook said from her desk while she picked up her bag. She gave me a cold glare before walking out of the classroom.

            “The cleaning supplies are at the back of the classroom!” She said over her shoulder before she shut the door behind her. I spun around and tugged on the door knob and-

            “It’s locked.” Parker said from behind me. I could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

            “Shut up.” I said before dropping my bag on a desk behind me. I made my way over to the back of the classroom and picked up the bucket of water and two sponges. I chucked one over in Parker’s direction before I headed over to the front of the classroom.

            I dipped the sponge in the soapy water before I began wiping it across the board. I heard Parker come up beside me and dip his sponge in as well but ignored him completely.

            We silently washed the boards for a few minutes. Once I began nearing the top I had to jump to try and reach it. The disadvantages of being short. I jumped a few more times, not wanting to ask for help, before Parker stopped me.

            “Grace, let me do the top, jeez. Don’t hurt yourself.” He said from beside me. I glanced over just as he took a step closer to me with his arm outstretched above his head. He wiped the top of the chalkboard with ease. I stared at him.

            He looked down at me and furrowed his eyebrows.

            “What?” He asked.

            “You just did something nice.” I said quietly. He shrugged then moved away, going back over to where he was before and continuing to wash his side of the chalkboard.

            “I’m not as bad as a person as you think I am.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 243 31
Charlie doesn't want anything to do with love, while Julian gets a taste of it for the first time. How can two impossibly stuborn people even begin t...
1.3M 27K 25
Elizabeth Kane's life is pretty normal. School, parents, annoying siblings, you name it. But after a life changing accident that her older brother, G...
330K 7K 68
[COMPLETE] 18+ (but if you're not 18, I won't tell on you) --- It had been a mistake. It had all happened so fast. The look on her parents' faces whe...
1.7K 52 15
What would you do when you wake up on your birthday to find your parents gone? Midnight didn't know how to react. Men came for her and she listened t...