Shadowhunters/Malec One Shots

By piadreamer

One shots of my favourite otp, Malec. May also contain other pairings but mostly Malec. Contains fluff, angst... More

A giggly morning.
What are you?
My immortal boyfriend
We always seem to find a way back to each other.
I will carry you.
Perfect Criminal
Perfect Criminal •Part 2•
Perfect Criminal •Part 3•
Perfect Criminal •Part 4•
Drunken mistake
My boyfriend's a cat-fox.
I'll always protect you.
Thunderstorms and cuddles.
Relationships... they take effort.
Relationships... they take efforts. •Part 2•
You might be gold but I love Silver.
The story of Madeline Lightwood Bane.
Dimensional Issues
My Sleeping Prince
War of hearts
Beautiful Evening
My innocent Fiancé.
First date
Heartbreak and misery
Lost willpower
Lost willpower •Part 2•
Lost willpower •Part 3•
I'll love you for a thousand more.
Together, always and forever.
Play day.
Play day •Part 2•
Portal Mishap.
Portal Mishap •Part 2•
Melodious escape
Melodious Escape ~ 2
Melodious Escape ~ 3
Melodious Escape ~ 4
Melodious Escape ~ 5
Deal with the Devil
Love that never fades
The Return - Chapter 1
The Return - Chapter 3
The Return - Chapter 4
The Return - Chapter 5
The Return - Chapter 6
The Return - Chapter 7
The Return - Chapter 8
The Return - Chapter 9

The Return - Chapter 2

47 5 0
By piadreamer

Warning - Use of strong language

***************

*New York Airport*

The morning breeze of New York City carried a familiar scent Alec had gotten used to, reminding him of all the memories created there. The pink sky was slowly turning into sky blue and orange, a small orb visible somewhere in the distance. He was back in this city after almost a year, yet, it felt like he never left at that moment.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" Magnus' voice caught his attention, who was rubbing his arms and shooting daggers at someone who was going inside.

"What happened, babe? Are you okay?" Alec asked, moving closer to his husband.

"I'm fine. That stupid man just bumped into me so hard! Some people I swe-"

"Babe!" Alec whispered, pointing towards black fabric or material in his pocket, which wasn't there a moment ago.

As Magnus' eyes landed where he was pointing, he quickly took out the stuff which was the weapons bag, and a grin split across his face. Turning towards where the man rushed, they noticed a man who was looking at them and when their gaze met, he gave a thumbs up and left towards the elevator.

"Jem, you bastard! My arm hurts!" He said into the recorder of his phone and sent a voice note to someone, probably that Jem. "See, Alexander, I told you." He grinned, and Alec kept staring between Magnus and the space where the man was standing moments ago.

"Let's not be proud of this." He said in a serious tone. "I understand you have this because of your gut feeling, but I'd really prefer if things won't go in that direction again."

Taking a deep breath, Magnus nodded and hid the pouch in the secret compartment of his handbag. "Let's go before your family starts hijacking our phones."

.........

*Lightwood Farmhouse*

"What in the world is going on here?" Alec said as he and Magnus walked towards the main living area that was attached to the kitchen, and dining tables were placed right beside the large entrance of the open kitchen.

After they reached the Lightwood farmhouse where everyone had been living together for the past few months to prepare and plan for Jace and Clary's wedding, they freshened up and slept for a while until Jocelyn and their mom came to wake them up for breakfast.

In no way it looked like they were planning for the wedding. Half of the people present there were for some reason salty and disappointed while others seemed tense. There were cutouts, newspapers, journals, and files spread across the dining table where Jace, Izzy, Jia, and Luke were sitting and discussing something.

Jocelyn, Maryse, Robert, Clary, Simon, and Aline were in the kitchen, some making breakfast while others were doing the dishes. Others were sitting on the couch, searching for something on the internet but like others, they seemed disappointed too.

"Alec, Magnus! My boys!" Maryse greeted them. "Come, have breakfast. You both look so tired. You can rest after that again. It's not like the groom cares anyway." She said the last part in a sweet voice that felt like it was dipped with venom making Alec frown.

"Oh, you're so right, Maryse," Clary said from the kitchen. "Do you think this wedding is a good idea? I'm thinking of returning the ring. Maybe I should rethink about this entire relationship." Clary fumed, glaring at Jace, making Alec's jaw drop.

"Woah! Clary! It's not that big of a deal, and you know this is important. I can't just sit and enjoy my wedding!" Jace interjected, turning his attention towards Clary, but his hand still held some file that Luke took and started reading. "Why are you making a fuss outta nothing!?"

"Nothing!? Jace-"

"What in the world is going on here?" Alec asked sternly. This was supposed to be a happy get-together, a fun family time, but it was far from that.

"We are faced with an important case, big brother." Izzy said, she and Jace were promoted to being agents in the FBI after he left, and he couldn't be any prouder yet also scared. "And we have got the orders to solve it as soon as possible. We can't waste any second, and that had become a problem with... their wedding. We all are constantly rushing to be at the headquarters, Jace.... he's barely here. We should've already finalized the venue, but... we haven't even decided the theme yet. We're lagging and... that had pissed everyone."

"Lagging is an understatement!" Clary shouted. "My fiance literally forgot I was with him when he decided to go on a rash chase! Then forgot me at the mall after getting a fucking lead and ran towards his new home! Why should I even consider marrying him anymore!?"

"The actual fuck!?" Magnus said.

Alec glanced at his brother whose face was tomato red, but his eyes were still focused on the file kept in front of him. "Dude! Seriously!? You should be glad you're still alive, you know. And Luke, Jia, you both really had to involve the groom himself?"

"Honestly kiddo, I'm in the same position as Jace and so are Jia and Izzy. This is important, and after you left, they both filled the void of being the best. No one can be like you, but they both together are close to being that, so I really needed both of them in this."

Alec gulped, remembering his time at the FBI and what made him leave. He tried to reach out to Magnus who gently held his hand and rubbed the back with his thumb, making him relax under his husband's touch.

"What in the world is this case that's on the brink of ruining your relationship, Jace? We came here to see my brother being the happiest man in the world, not to ruin everything by his own stupidity."

The four of them exchanged looks as if it was something related to him. He frowned, scanning all of their faces. "What?"

Slowly, Luke picked up a newspaper cutting and handed it to him. "Read it."

Exchanging a look with Magnus, he took the paper which was a cutting of a news report.

The sadistic serial killer who was supposed to be dead five years ago is back and with more vengeance in him. We have no idea how he is alive, but he's striking again, and this time it's not just one victim but the families of the people whom he had killed five years ago. By far, Oliver Swift's family and Malcolm Fade's family have been found dead in the very same way. A perfect slit on the neck and a mark on the private part, this time, even 'women's'. There were thirteen more people he had murdered five years ago, so is he going to attack the families of those thirteen people too? Has the serial killer 'The Perfectionist' really returned? If so, then how?

Alec's heartbeat rang in his ears as he looked at his husband, who had paled but was trying to keep his composure. How the heck was that possible? Who was this person, and why was he targeting the families of those rapists who had nothing to do with their crimes?

"What the actual fuck!?" He kept the paper back on the table and noticed that now everyone had gathered around the dining area.

"We're wondering the same thing, Alec," Jia said. "I shot that bastard with my own hands. He was dead. Then how the heck is he alive? That's impossible."

"You aren't implying it's the same person, are you? It's clearly an impersonator. That guy died five years ago." He said, holding onto Magnus' hand tightly. His husband's gut feeling was right. Someone was trying to copy his way and if this thing comes out.... no, he'll do everything to protect the love of his life.

"That's the whole point, kiddo." Luke said, "We're debating if it's an impersonator or not. If that's an impersonator, then how that slit and marking are exactly the same? How it's exactly the same as it was for those fifteen murders. If it's an impersonator, there had to be a slight difference, but there isn't."

"Impersonator or not, Luke, we need to find this person as soon as possible." Jace snapped. "He's killing the family of those people this time, more innocents. And if you don't remember, then let me remind you all, Valentine Morgenstern and Gabriel Lightwood were his victims too. That... that means... Jocelyn and Clary's lives are in danger, all of your life is in danger. I don't care if my wedding gets delayed, if we won't catch this monster soon, then there might not even be a...." Jace choked on his words and a tear fell on his face.

"Jace," Clary walked forward and gently wiped away the tears. "Nothing will happen to me or anyone else, you hear me. I know you'll catch whoever is behind all this." She said, cupped his face, and kissed him softly. "And we are NOT postponing our wedding."

"Cla-"

"No. That day means something to both of us, and we're getting married on that exact day, no matter what. As for this monster, you might not have any deadline from Luke or someone above him, but you have now. We're getting married in ten days, so you have a week to catch that bastard. If you fail, you'll lose me, too. Forever."

"Clary...." Jace scanned his fiancee's face and his body shivered, noticing the determined look in her green eyes.

"I'm certain you don't want that, kiddo, so let's get back to work," Luke said as he rubbed Jace's back. "And, since..." Luke's eyes landed on Alec's face and he gulped. "Since you were the one handling this case five years ago Alec, and were our best, would you like to be a part of it? Unofficially?"

"No," Alec said sharply, and everyone frowned, certainly by his tone. Reaching out to Magnus' hand, he held it and felt his husband's thumb rubbing the back of it. "No. I'm sorry Luke, but I left that life behind, for good. Even if it'll be unofficially, I don't want it. And Clary is right, by the way, you people need to get this over with sooner than later. We're here to enjoy our time and wedding, not be a part of an FBI investigation."

"You too big brother," Izzy said with a tired sigh. "You were the best you know."

"I'm flattered but no, nothing's gonna change my mind. Now stop pestering me."

"I think it's settled now." Maryse said, "You four can work your ass off, but the rest of us are going to prepare for the wedding. Let's start with deciding the theme."

.....

"Are you okay, darling?" Magnus asked as they entered their room, making sure to lock the door behind them.

"I should be asking you that, babe," Alec said, holding onto Magnus' hand as they sat on the bed. "

"Honestly, I know the dark past always comes back to haunt us, so I shouldn't be surprised. What I'm shocked about is how can anyone be that accurate that they believe it's not an impersonator."

"I'm wondering the same." Alec said, "But no matter what, I'm not letting anything happen to you. I don't know what I'll do if they find the truth and try to take you away from me. I can't lose you, Magnus!"

"Since when did my dear husband become an obsessive lover?" Magnus said with a chuckle.

"Call it whatever may, but I love you so much, babe."

"I know darling," Magnus said, leaned in, and locked their lips in a soft and short kiss. "I know. I love you too, but we have a dark past, and it's gonna bite our asses at some point in life."

Alec took a deep breath, holding onto Magnus' hand tightly. "And we're gonna make sure it doesn't."

"Dar-"

"No Magnus. No matter what, we're gonna fight to keep the life we have. Johan sacrificed so that you get to live this life, we faked your, the killer's death. We're married and are happy. I want to grow old with you and have a family with you. And if by any chance we get caught, I'd rather die with you and be in the afterlife than rot in prison because I know how cruel that place can get. I've seen it."

"What have I done to deserve you, Alexander," Magnus said in a choked voice, eyes glistening with tears.

"I should be saying that, babe. Your actions might be wrong, but your intention wasn't. I didn't see that when I got the case, didn't understand, but I do now, and I'm not gonna let you get arrested. You don't deserve that."

Wiping the tears that fell on Magnus' face, he scooted closer and Magnus rested his head on his shoulder. "I'm speechless, darling. But what are we gonna do? I see now why I felt that way but having those weapons... I still don't get that part. Plus, how are we even gonna find out who's trying to impersonate and why?"

"We need to start with the beginning then. The beginning being your childhood. I know it'll be tough for you, but we have to. You know this particular way of doing it from somewhere, right?"

"Yes, you're right," Magnus said as he lifted his head, looking deep into his eyes. "You're right. I've studied vascular biology and physiology in school. I had a big interest in becoming a scientist. The human body always intrigued me, but being bisexual somehow became a big obstacle. And I ended up choosing fashion."

Alec frowned, scanning his husband's face. "Umm, what does it have to do with... the murders?"

"Darling, Vascular biology means the study of human veins, nerves, and everything related to that. The... the perfect cut." He bit his lip and realization dawned upon him.

"Oh. So... anyone with that knowledge can...."

"Not anyone. Only the people who had actually practiced on real living humans, which is illegal. The school I studied in did all kinds of illegal surgeries and practices. I don't know if it's still running or got shut down."

"So, only people who studied in your school. It won't be that tough then."

"Actually, there are thousands of schools like those in Indonesia. I left my village when I was small, but I was still in Indonesia. It might or might not be someone from the same school I went to."

"Doesn't matter, we're already ahead of my FBI family. We need to find that person before they do and end it for good. You're in this with me, right?"

"Of course. I just want this to end and celebrate Biscuit's wedding." Magnus said.

"Alright, so we should start listing all the schools in Indonesia that still practice that kind of stuff."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 1K 25
This story takes place after the Malec wedding. 5 years have went by and it's soon going to be their 6th year of togetherness, but something starts t...
139K 4.4K 102
Its a fanfiction. It is based on the Malec couple from the Shadowhunters show. I love them . The work would include short one chapter stories about...
1.2K 89 12
⚠️ Warning, I wrote these in middle school so they're really old 😭 ⚠️ Just what the title says. Malec short stories. Some are funny, some are sad...
24K 1K 55
Hey, this is my first fan fiction about Malec. I don't own any of the characters. English is not my first language, so I may have mistakes, I would a...