The Elemental Enerithian (Ben...

By Shaniqua_The_One

Join Aria, Ben, Gwen and Kevin on an adventure. More

Character Info
Mastery and Downsides
Ben 10 Returns (1)
Ben 10 Returns (2)
Everybody Talks About The Weather
Kevin's Big Score
All That Glitters
Max Out
Pier Pressure
What Are Little Girls Made Of?
The Gauntlet
Paradox
Be-Knighted
Plumbers' Helpers
X=Ben+2
Season 2
Darkstar Rising
Alone Together
Good Copy, Bad Copy
Save the Last Dance
Undercover
Pet Project
Grounded
Voided
Inside Man
The Date
Birds of a Feather
Unearthed
War of the Worlds (1)
War of Worlds (2)
Season 3
The Vengeance of Vilgax (1)
The Vengeance of Vilgax (2)
Inferno
Fool's Gold
Simple
Don't Fear the Repo
Singlehanded
If All Else Fails
Trade Off
Busy Box

In Charm's Way

140 8 0
By Shaniqua_The_One

The group was at a beach, and Kevin was sitting on the sand looking miserable when a ball hit him on the head. "Hey, can we have our ball back?" The young boy asks. "Sure, kid." Kevin says, popping the ball. "Here you go." He hands them the deflated ball. The boy walks away and the girl sticks out her tongue before leaving as well. "Nice Kevin." Ben tells him, sarcastically, sitting up beside Aria, who is lying on a beach towel wearing a red bikini, soaking in the sun. "What next? Kicking puppies?" Ben asks. "This little outing was your idea. So just lay there and work on your Ben tan." Kevin tells him. "Okay, I'll tan and you lighten up." Ben suggests. "No one's the boss of me, Tennyson. Remember that." Kevin tells him. "Please lighten up, Kevin." Gwen tells him, looking up from the book she was reading. 

"Okay, Gwen." Kevin's personality does a complete 180, making Aria and Ben snort. "What? What are you thinking?" Kevin asks. "We're not thinking anything." Aria says. "I can vouch for that. Hey, anybody wanna get me a bottle of water?" Gwen asks. "Not me." Aria mumbles, lying back down. "Rock, paper, sisscors?" Ben asks, turning to Kevin. They play the game, and Kevin loses. The teens hear screaming and look at the beachgoers, who are fleeing from the water and a rock monster emerging. "Oh dear." Aria sighs and sits up.

The rock monster growls and the teens stare at it in shock. "Rock." Gwen says. The rock monster walks onto the beach, growling. Gwen puts up a shield to block it, but it walks right through. "That's new." Gwen says, throwing mana blasts at it. The rock monster deflects one, and it flies at Kevin, knocking the mask off his face. "Great." He says. "Sorry." Gwen apologizes. Ben transforms into Goop, much to his dismay. "Goop? I wanted Way Big." He says. Kevin's arm hand turns into a hammer, and the stone one turns into a rock, and he charges at the rock monster. He punches it twice before it grabs him and slams him into the ground. Goop flies at it and lands on it, using his acid to melt it, making it stumble back. "Whoa! Check it out! Acid rock!" Goop says. "Ben, move now!" Aria tells him, seeing a portal open behind him. "Come on, Ari, you worry too much!" Goop tells her. "Or just enough." He says, seeing the portal. Goop flies off it, and the rock monster gets sucked into the portal.

"Magic vortex? Nice work, Gwen." Ben compliments his cousin. "Actually, it wasn't Gwen." Aria corrects him, walking up to Kevin. A child walks up to him, and he glares at the child. "What are you looking at?" Kevin asks. "It's okay, I totally get why you busted my beach ball. You're a superhero who's really a monster. Guys like you are always mean." The kid tells him. "I'm giving you five seconds to run, now." Aria threatens, cracking her fingers, and the child runs away. "It's okay." Gwen tells her. "No, it's not." Kevin tells her. "I don't know how to help you." Gwen confesses. "Why is that a surprise? You don't know how to do much of anything." Kevin tells her. "What did you say?" Gwen asks, glaring at him. "I didn't ask you for any help!" Kevin argues and walks past them. "I'm gonna go fix my ID mask." He says.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

It was now nighttime, and the Tennysons and Aria sat outside Gwen's house. "This is ridiculous. I should never have listened to you. I should be helping Kevin cope with what's happened to him." Gwen says. "You took advice from Ben?" Aria points at the boy, who was drinking a smoothie. "Huh, figures." She nods. "Hey, I can give good advice!" Ben defends himself. "Sure." Aria looks unimpressed. "Besides, at least he's got no limits on going hero." Ben says. "I have to depend on the Omnitrix, which does what I want maybe half the time. Plus it keeps timing out. Kevin should stop whining about how tough he has it." Ben says, and Aria stares at him, unamused. "He's not whining, Ben. He just has a lot on his mind." Gwen tells him. "And you of all people won't understand." Aria mumbles, looking up at the sky. "Trust me, Gwen. Give him some time on his own, and he'll feel better." Ben tells his cousin. 

"Don't do that." Aria shoves Ben away. "Talk to him, try to understand him. Don't leave him to deal with things alone." Aria advises. "No, my advice is better." Ben tells his cousin. "I'll think about it. Good night." Gwen tells them. "Come on, it's early." Ben whines. "I have to hit the books every night." Gwen tells him. "Does it have to be, every, every night?" Ben asks, just as Kevin pulls up. "Have you fixed the ID mask?" Gwen asks. "I don't need it." Kevin says in a monotone voice. "There you go, that's the right idea." Ben says. "Gwen, you should come with me." Kevin turns to the redhead. "What? Why?" Gwen asks. "We could go out to the planetarium." Kevin suggests. "I don't like racing." Gwen tells him. "I do! Can I ride shotgun for a change?" Ben asks, throwing his smoothie away. "Man, I bet can be a race driver." Ben says and imitates driving a race car, making Aria facepalm. "Have a good time." Gwen tells them and goes to enter the house with Aria following when Kevin grabs Gwen's wrist. "Whoa there, buddy." Aria tells him.

 "I meant to say we should go on patrol. You and me." Kevin suggests. "Since when do we--" "Awesome, we can drive around and look for crimes and stuff. Bank robberies, train robberies. Robberies!" Ben cuts Gwen off, fascinated by the idea. "We should totally go on patrol!" Ben agrees. "Seriously?" Aria asks. "Kevin, let go of my arm." Gwen tells him. "You need to come with me now." Kevin tells her. "We're going to the planetarium." Kevin pulls her to the car, and Aria follows. "What's wrong with you?" Gwen wonders. "The planetarium? I love the planetarium!" Ben says, stopping in front of them. "Laser shows! Rock music like our grandparents listened to. Let's go!" Ben says, only for Kevin to grab him by the collar and throw him away, making him knock down the bins. He then grabs Gwen and puts her over his shoulder. "What's up with you?" Aria asks, walking up to him, but Kevin knocks her away. "We're going to the planetarium. Have to be there by midnight." Kevin says and walks to the car with a struggling Gwen.

 "Kevin! I don't wanna hurt you!" Gwen tells him. "That makes one of us!" Ben says, activating his watch. "Time for Humungousaur!" He transforms into... Diamondhead. "Whatever!" Aria says and stomps her foot, making part of the ground in front of Kevin rise, blocking his path. Kevin lets go of Gwen and turns to the two, his iron hand turning into a blade and the other into a rock. Diamondhead makes a shield with his crystals. Gwen puts up a shield, but Kevin runs straight through it. "Huh? Now he's running through my shields? What's going on?" Gwen wonders. Kevin tries attacking Diamondhead, who blocks his attack, and Aria throws an energy ball at him, making him stumble back. Kevin regains his composure and tries attacking them again, but Diamondhead grabs his blade hand and lifts him, so Kevin punches him with his rock hand. "That all you got?" Diamondhead asks.

Diamondhead gets knocked back a few feet by Kevin, who turns to Aria right after. "What's gotten into you tonight?" She asks, stomping her foot, and a part of the road rises, knocking him down. Diamondhead tries tackling him, but Kevin rolls out of the way. He grabs Diamondhead and goes to attack him, but Aria summons vines and wraps them around him. and Gwen walks over. The amulet around Kevin's neck glows, and he breaks free from the vines. "Plenty more where--" Diamondhead detransforms. "Oh, can't you give a guy a little warning?" Ben asks his watch. Kevin grabs him by his collar and pulls him closer. "Ben, get that charm he's wearing around his neck." Gwen tells her cousin. Ben rips it off Kevin and runs away from him. Gwen wraps mana around Kevin and slams him through the road and into a tree. "Um, someone wanna fill me in on why I'm pinned to a tree?" Kevin asks, now normal.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

The gang stood beside Kevin's car as he explained everything that happened before. "Her name was Caroline?" Ben asks. "Yes. Silver-haired girl, had magical powers." Kevin shares, and Aria gasps. "It's Charmcaster!" She says, happily and the others stare at her. "What? She likes me, so I like her. Not my fault she's your enemy." Aria shrugs. "She's obviously looking for some payback." Ben looks away. "Is she cute?" He asks Kevin. "See, I would be mad, but I also wanna know." Aria agrees with her boyfriend. "Ben! Aria!" Gwen says. "More than cute. Hot." Kevin tells them. "Kevin!" Gwen glares at him. "I remember we were talking." Kevin says. "About what?" Gwen asks. "Stuff, you know. It's all kind of blurry after she kissed me." Kevin shares. "She kissed you?" Gwen asks, jealous. "I would've kept that part out." Aria tells Kevin. "Yeah." Kevin agrees. "Really." Gwen mumbles, walking to the other side of the car. "That was a dumb thing to say." Ben tells him. "Can't argue with you there." Kevin agrees. "She wanted me at the planetarium at midnight." Gwen says. "Yeah? So?" Kevin asks. "So let's be there." Gwen replies. "It's gotta be a trap." Ben points out. "Bring it on." Gwen says.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

"It's not like I was kissing her, much. It was like 80% her kissing me." Kevin clarifies as he drives to the planetarium. "You really need to be quiet now." Gwen tells him, and they get out of the car. Two rock monsters burst through the door, and one roars. Gwen threw mana discs at them, but they were unfazed. "I don't think mana hurts them." Aria comments, floating above them. "You're a magic being, she's a magic user, so she's prepared for you." She explains. A rock monster tries hitting them, but they split up. Kevin punches one, and another walks up to Ben, whose watch is still timed out. It tries hitting him, but Aria grabs him and pulls him to her, stumbling back a bit with neither of them noticing Gwen, running into the planetarium. "You think they're immune to energy?" Aria asks. "Don't know." Ben replies, looking down at his watch. "Jee, thanks for the help." Aria mumbles, throwing an energy ball at the rock monster and knocking it back. "Hey, it isn't." She says with a smile. 

Kevin gets pinned down by the other rock monster and makes a hammer with his metal hand. He hits the monster in the face a couple of times, knocking it back, but it grabs his hand and punches him in the stomach, sending him skidding back. "Need help, Kevin?" Aria asks, shooting ice shards at the rock monster. "No, I'm fine." Kevin replies. "If you say so!" Aria says, making an ice disc and throwing it at the golem, slicing its head off. "That doesn't look good." Ben says, looking at the pink light inside the planetarium. "Thanks for saving my butt back there, Ari." Aria says, mimicking Ben. "Look out!" Ben tells Aria, seeing the golem reattach its head. "What?" Aria questions, and Ben grabs her hand, pulling her away. Chamrcaster appears in front of the planetarium. "Leave them, you useless piles of rock." She tells the golems.

 "Hi, Charmcaster." Aria waves at her with a smile. "Ari, sad to see you with these fools." Charmcaster tells the girl. "Where's Gwen?" Kevin asks, interrupting the girls' conversation. "She's all yours. You're perfect for each other. All of you powerless to stop me." Charmcaster laughs. "Besides you, Ari." She says before disappearing. Aria giggles but stops when she finds the boys staring at her. "Let's go check on Gwen." She suggests, running into the planetarium with them following.

Once inside, they found Gwen getting up. "Are you okay?" Ben asks. "She stole all my power. How do you think I am?" Gwen asks, pissed. "Weak." Aria comments, earning a glare from Gwen. "I deserve this. I was too angry." Gwen sighs. "I could see how she could make you--" "I was angry with you!" Gwen yells at Kevin. "Wait, me?" Kevin asks. "No! O-okay, yes a little. I mean, why were you even hanging out with her?" Gwen stutters. "Because I thought she liked me." Kevin says, and Aria summons a bucket of popcorn. "And I don't?" Gwen asks. "If you liked me so much, how come you haven't bothered to find a way to change me back?" Kevin asks her. "Dude." Ben comments. "After all, as long as I'm a monster, no other girl would want me, right?" Kevin accuses. Gwen looks shocked before turning away and putting a hand on her face. "We are not having this conversation." Gwen says, clenching her fists at her sides. "We're going after Charmcaster. I have a plan." She leaves. "Hold up. How do we know--" "Come on, Kevin." Aria cuts him off, following the cousins. "I don't think so. Not this time." Kevin says, leaving the other way.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

Ben, Gwen, and Aria are at Mr. Smoothy. Ben lets out a loud burp and Aria stares at him in disgust. "How can you keep all those Mr. Smoothy's down?" Gwen asks. "Yeah, I'm curious as well." Aria agrees. "Years of practice." Ben replies and a pink light glows beside him. "Enjoy it, Ben. It's your last." Charmcaster says, appearing with her rock monsters and Kevin. Charmcaster's eyes glow pink and the civilians flee the area. "Wait, she doesn't have any power left." Charmcaster glares at Kevin. "Oh yeah. I was lying." Kevin shrugs. "Well, I'm telling the truth, I'm going to destroy you all!" Charmcaster says. "Oktoom!" She shoots magic at a car, and it turns on and heads towards Kevin. The boy tries to stop it and gets pushed back by it. "Kevin!" Ben calls. "And that's not all. Oktoom eracdico!" She shoots magic at the Mr. Smoothy sign, and the mascot comes to life. The teens stare at it, shocked, and Ben smirks. "Please, for once." He says, transforming. "Upchuck. I called it." He says and runs to Mr. Smoothy. The golems charge at the girls, and they flip out of the way. "Seriously?" Aria asks Charmcaster, who shrugs, and Aria sighs.

The golems continue to attack the girls who dodge it. They try to grab Gwen, but Aria grabs the girl and flies away from them, making them fall and Charmcaster stares at them disappointed. "Oh, you two are useless!" She says. "You're the one who's useless, Charmcaster. Can't even take on one powerless girl." Gwen tells her. "Hey, I can absorb her mana and give it to you." Aria whispers to Gwen. "No, hand to hand. No power, just us!" Gwen declines the offer. "All right." Aria sighs. "Or are you afraid?" Gwen taunts. "Oh right, and now I get all angry and slug it out with you just so you knock me cold with your karate. So how about, instead I just shut you up! Forever!" Charmcaster shoots magic at Gwen. "Reverto maeus opsmihi!" Gwen chants a spell and her magic overtakes Charmcasters and she absorbs her mana. "I still have your old spellbook." Gwen smirks. "No, you can't take the power back. It's impossible! I crushed you!" Charmcaster claims. "Your problem is that magic is the only thing you're about, but for me? Magic is only one aspect of who I am." Gwen tells her.

"Get her you useless piles of rock." Charmcaster tells her rock monsters. The rock monsters charge at Gwen but she opens up a vortex. "You're also not the only one who can conjure up an interdimensional vortex." Gwen tells her. One of the rock monsters gets sucked in, and the other grabs onto a pole, Charmcaster also gets sucked in, but she grabs the golem's leg. "Help me! Help me you useless fool! Don't let go you useless lump!" Charmcaster screams at the rock monster, who glares at her and intentionally lets go. "You did that on purpose!" She yells, getting sucked in along with it, and Gwen closes the vortex. "You thought you were weak? I feel useless, I didn't do anything." Aria whines. "Good timing that truck was really giving me problems. It's kind of humiliating." Kevin butts in, and the girls glare at him. Mr.Smoothy spits smoothie on him and Gwen looks amused. "Obviously gets a warm up for this humiliation." Kevin says, looking at Upchuck, who drank up all of Mr. Smoothy's smoothie. He detransforms, and Ben burps. "Sorry." He apologizes. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 339 9
Sixteen year old Kendra Tennyson, moves from her home town too Kouh along with her cousin Gwen and her grandfather Max. One night on her way home, sh...
4K 185 49
When Ben Tennyson, his grandfather Max, his cousin Gwen and his best friend Paige Swan go on a trip for the summer, they never expect anything unusua...
33.3K 1K 22
Nova is an alien, a hybrid to be precise. She always knew of her alien heritage. who knew after meeting Ben would there be countless adventures, batt...
80.3K 2.2K 45
Invited to join a summer vacation with Max, Gwen, and your childhood friend Ben, you expect a normal, relaxing trip. That is until a meteor falls fro...