Shoot The Jerk

By TheStupefying

This is the one where the principal gets his jollies by recruiting two stubborn violent know-it-alls for an a... More

Shoot The Jerk
Chapter 1: Walking Pink Fairytale Disaster in That Fab Tux.
Chapter 2: You Think She Glitters?
Chapter 3: Hyperventilating While Trying To Push My Shirt Up.
Chapter 4: Elevated To the Status of Pretty Girl.
Chapter 5: Everybody's Soles Are Dirty.
Chapter 6: Spray Painted Buffoon with a Horribly Hard Chest!
Chapter 8: A Foetus in Your Mother's Uterus.
Chapter 9: Courtney Was a Leech in Her Previous Birth.
Chapter 10: Second Door On the Right, Dear.
Chapter 11: She Wanted Me To Marry You Yesterday.
Chapter 12: Hoes Before Ex-Hoes.
Chapter 13: Bernard Was Actually Megamind.
Chapter 14: She Didn't End Up Pregnant That Day.
Chapter 15: The Amazing Girl Who Puked On Kayla.
Chapter 16: Two Words. Kayla. Jackson.
Chapter 17: ONTJ
Chapter 18: Finally.
Chapter 19: A Pool of Frustrated Green Slime.
Chapter 20: The Biker Chick Is Wearing A Sundress.
Chapter 21: This Is Going To Get Awk-mmmphf!
Epilogue: Part 1
Epilogue: Part 2
Epilogue: Part 3

Chapter 7: Passionless Swapping Of Spit. Disgusting, I Know.

18.2K 899 230
By TheStupefying

Passionless Swapping Of Spit. Disgusting, I Know.

CHAPTER  7

Kayla

“Yeah man I know how you want him, but he’s so mean! He’ll never let you go, why won’t he let you go?”

Silence. Matt, you have a horrible sense of harmony. Scratch that, you don’t have ANY sense of harmony.

“What, even my awesome Matchbox Twenty parody didn’t make you talk?”

Silence. That was the worst parody ever. You only just replaced a pronoun, genius.

“What was his name?”

Silence. Blithering idiot, that’s what his name was.

“Jake, wasn’t it?”

Silence. I wish I was asleep like Aaron there. Aaron was the ultimate party guy. He seriously slept in all the classes. I mean, even I slept in classes but it was kind of like a half-awake state where I just drifted through everything that was being taught. Also, I didn’t sleep because I’d been drinking half the night away, like Aaron.

“Hey Martha, wasn’t that the same guy who broke my nose when I asked Kayla to marry me?”

“That was in third grade!” I said, and bit my tongue.

“Ah! Mona Lisa finally talks.”

Silence.

“C’mon, don’t be like that Kay, you're breaking my heart.”

“Like I did when I dumped you?” I smiled evilly.

“Hey, you didn’t dump me okay, it was a mutual decision.”

I scoffed. “Yeah, right.”

“Has the fact that I’m over you got your panties in a twist?”

“You’re over me? Funny, I don’t see any girlfriends around.”

“The things I do to get you to talk. Fine, you win! I hereby lay aside my manly ego for two seconds, so that you may bask in the glory of these false assumptions.”

“Thank you! My ever-so-gracious liege! Darling Matt! I don’t know why I ever broke up with you!” I said with a hand on my chest and the other one wiping away an invisible tear.

“Well, that’s easy. Every time you wonder just remember the kisses.”

“Ewww.”

As I mentioned earlier, the spark had died, and the lovely kisses had disintegrated into a passionless swapping of spit. Disgusting, I know.

“See my point?”

“Yes. They just got so booorrringgg!!”

“Exactly.”

“Totally.”

“Stop insulting me and my kissing skills!” Matt exclaimed, highly offended.

“You insulted me FIRST!”

“Will you two lovebirds stop tearing at each others throats for a while? I’m trying to study here.” Martha said, annoyed. I think she likes Matt. She gets annoyed every time Matt and I refer to our past relationship. Just kidding. None of that drama going on here.

“Tsk. Tsk. Martha, who studies during recess?” I tried to get her to talk.

“Apparently, I do.” She deadpanned. She was good at that. One moment she could be all goody-two shoes, and the next she wore a ridiculously funky costume and told you to stop judging. Bipolar, I tell you.

“Ha Ha.”

“Ha Ha back.”

This was childishly pointless. I turned back to Matt, who was looking at Martha, amused.

“No seriously Matt, I totally wish I was attracted to you. That would make things so much easier.” I said, dramatically.

“How so?”

“At least I wouldn’t be attracted to other random people who don’t deserve the light of the day.”

How I delighted in being evil. Now I won’t tell him.

“I sense a story here.”

“Your senses are failing you.”

“Seriously, Kay, how can you just let something like that trip and not let me know?”

“Who’s the random guy that doesn’t deserve the light of the day?” That was Martha.

“I thought you were studying?”

“Who studies during recess?”

Arghhhh! I swear one of these days I’m going to have to kill you and--”

“Stop changing the subject.” Matt interrupted, winking at Martha. Evil geniuses.

I glared at him.

“Who’s he?” Matt probed.

Poke. Silence.

Poke. Silence.

Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke.

“Guys who annoy girls are secretly in love with them a little bit.” I said smugly.

“Who says anything about secretly? I’m totally and un-secretly in love with you!”

“Un-secretly is not a word.”

“But you said it.”

“Said what?”

“Un-secretly.”

“So?”

Thankfully, he didn’t have an answer for that. My saying it makes it a valid word? What did I miss, my own personal dictionary?

“You made up poop head.” He pouted.

“Nope. You’ll find it in the slang dictionary.”

“And where’s--”

Martha slammed her book shut.

Shut up! You two make my head spin. Why do I even put up with you?”

“Because you love us.” Both of us said together.

And then all of us burst out laughing. And as usual, half the cafeteria stared at us because they had nothing better to do.

Actually, Matt, Martha and I made the weirdest group possible. Martha’s like, good grades, sweet looks, but also crazy. Matt would have to be a popular jock and playboy and secretly intelligent. And, Aaron, well, you already know about Aaron. But he’s an amazing painter, although I haven't yet forgiven him for that cartoon he made of me.

Sometimes I wondered where I fit in.

Amazing at photography and writing/ editing, participating in every other thing but studies (which is the only reason my grades are average, by the way), lovely legs and obsession with everything that runs on motors, meet The Great Kayla Jackson!

I could hear the applause. Almost. I liked to think I was smart, in the non-academic street-smart way, of course. And I liked to think that I had the perfect balance between popularity and normalcy. Which is why I hated this sudden hatred spouting up between you-know-who and me.

And yes, now it’s two-sided. He threw my watch. Chicken headed piece of manure.

“Matt?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m taking revenge now. I see that chicken headed piece of manure right there at the next table.”

“What are you going to do? I’m a little apprehensive about the diabolical gleam in your eyes.”

“Watch and learn, baby.”

I got up slowly and picked up my backpack from the seat.

Kincaid, this is just going to be a leeeetle payback for the pounding you caused in my skull the other day. Hee hee.

I’m walking in the cafeteria,

Tra la la la la,

Swinging my bag like I’m going to hit someone,

Tra la la la la,

I don’t see you sitting there,

Tra la la la la,

And I hit you on the head, Oops.

Tra la la la la.

WHAM!!!

Ohhhh, it was a GOOD hit! He smacked his head on the table too!

“Oww! What the hell, man?! …YOU!”

“Oops. Not sorry.”

I slung my bag over my shoulder and dashed out of the cafeteria. From the corner of my eye I could see Aaron wake up and grin as he took in the situation. Well, glad I made someone happy.

Time to get out of here,

Tra la la la la.

The girl’s restroom was not the most comfortable place on earth but it would have to do. Especially when there's a madman on your trail. The look on his face had been priceless. Even his friends had been stunned. Ha! He SO totally lost his dignity.

His friends? His friends!

Oh hell. Eric.

I forgot about him. How could I? He saw me acting like a possessed barbarian. How the hell am I ever going to face him again? I jumped up and began to pace.

Calm down. Calm down. It’s not like I talk to him on a daily basis. I didn’t even know him! I’m not even obsessed with him.

Okay, the last part was a lie. He was sexy. Like, super sexy. But I don’t stalk him or anything. The last thing I want him to think is that I am another one of those creepy weirdo girls with a collage of his pictures in my locker.

I mean, how transparent can you get?

But seriously, he was perfection in disguise,

Made me forget all other guys…

Ugh. Remind me to not write romantic poetry. Like, ever.

Slowly I peeked below the door of the restroom for the third time. There was a clear line of light unblocked by his shoes, which had been there for the past fifteen minutes.

Really, if he had stayed outside for another fifteen minutes, we both would have been accused of skipping class. Thank god he used some of his mostly non-existent common sense and left me alone. I did not want to clean the graffiti again.  

I opened the door a crack. Nothing happened. Nobody came barging in.

Phew.

-mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsapoiuytrewq-

So, Matty's cho cute :O

RandomFactAboutMe #7: I adore Pride and Prejudice. Don't you dare trash it. I'm dead serious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 29.3K 24
[Completed] Taylor Daniels. Average name, average face, average girl. What about her life? Well, that's a bit complicated. Finding out her werewolf...
197K 2.7K 44
Hate; feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone or something) Carter Shay is a seventeen year old girl who's grown up with everything handed to...
2.4K 49 36
A 16 year old girl named Janiya life turns upside down, when she finds out she has to leave her best friends Leland, Kayla, Malcolm, and Vincent behi...
14.1K 703 35
AJ Harrison had always been a believer in the phrase, "sisters before misters." That didn't change when April Porter, AJ's best-friend-since-kinderga...