Broken Beads

By Abha3006

Mistakes are a part of human growth, but some are unforgivable and life changing. Riya Varun met when dreams... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 16

320 55 3
By Abha3006

After the show the, the band attended the after party with the organizers and sponsors , who had made tons of money. Nirali squeezed Amisha's shoulder, ''You should tell them its you.''

Amisha shook her head, ''No, not required.''

''Where is Riya?'' Nirali asked

''She was there a minute back....'' Amisha's words were cut in middle when Naman reached out, ''Riya's number is not reachable.''

''She must be around.'' Nirali tried dissuading the fear that clutched her heart. Naman shook his head. ''No, she has been unreachable for 30 mins.''

''Should we check the security footage?''

''We are likely not to get anything. There are too many blind spots.'' Naman replied worried

''Varun knows?''

Nama paled, ''he is now.''

''We should inform the Police.''

''And say what?'' Amisha asked

Nirali thought for a moment. ''I have parents address, we can use a little power and have them under watch even before they try a thing.''

Naman nodded, ''Give me then and I will take care of that.'' Nirali messaged Naman the details and Amisha made her way where Varun sat all lost, dialling her number repeatedly his body shivering in fear. Amisha's fingers curled. ''She wasn't going to let the love die so easily, not for them. Stepping out, she dialled a number. ''Ami! Congrats, your show is a success.''

''I need your help. My friend is missing and we have doubt it's her family. They will harm her, pls help.''

There was a silence. ''Ami, do these people mean so much to you?''

''Yes, they are family.''

The silence on the other side defined the hurt that person felt. ''And I am not?''

''Can't one have a big family? And can we discussed his later, I need your help the more time you waste the more danger grows.''

''Fine, I will handle them and may be help in finding your friend.'' AMisha knew, this would help

Along with Nirali and Riya, they had started gathering the proofs required to safeguard Riya from her honour stricken family. Their school dean being the first, then her aunt and finally Shaan. Nirali pulled out the file that Shaan had given her, it had the details of her mental and physical state when they got married. Riya was a broken child with a body full of bruises. He had clicked these pictures with an intention to file a case but Riya had been so scared that he dropped the idea to calm her . He had the doctors reports and other details.

''Varun had an anxiety attack.'' Arun informed. Lakshay decided to take him to the hospital but Nirali stood blocking the path. ''Varun, she needs you. She fought to get you your mother and now, its your turn. You need to let this weakness go. Fight Varun! Tell us when you saw her last and with whom?''

Varun still had difficulty in breathing but Riya was his life and Nirali was right. ''She was with my mother. Then she took me to meet my mother and post that she excused herself to use ladies room.''

The officer who heard this directed his team towards the ladies room. After few minutes he came back and confirmed what they feared, ''We got the signs of struggle, a broken phone and sim missing. Her bag was also found near the bin.'' 

The group was disgusted with people who would go this limit for their false pride. Amisha kept checking her phone, she was waiting for a sign and it just came in. ''I have her family and her younger brother in my captivity. we had send out a message to them. Atleast, he wouldn't dare to harm her.''

''We will block all exits of the city. They won't be able to leave.'' The officer assured them that they will find Riya soon. Varun stood up, ''I can' sit  and wait for them to find her, I will go and find my Riya.''

Lakshay rubbed his face and Nirali pushed him to join Varun. ''I will as well figure out what else I can get.''

As Lakshay drove around the city, Varun sat next to him recalling all the moments with her. He closed his eyes and she opened hers behind his, smiling, laughing ,playing and throwing kisses at him.

''If they touch a hair on her head, I will end his bloodline and then myself.''  Lakshay decided to stay mum. 

Nirali got connected with Shaan and then to Riya's aunt who gave them some clues about the properties Riya's father held in the city.

***

Riya woke up with a splitting headache, she recalled what happened when she stepped into the washroom. Riya looked around to get some familiarity with the place but she was unable to recall. Riya worried for Varun, she knew he would be fretting over her and if something goes wrong with her, he wouldn't survive. She let out a sob , after so long she had finally was happy but luck seemed to hate her happiness. She moved to the door and  tried peeping through the key hole.  But all she saw was darkness. Riya huffed disappointed, she looked around and then realised the door had a latch from inside. She quickly latched the door and  started pushing all available stuff in the room against the door. This might not save her but it would delay them.

''Think Riya!'' She pushed herself. They had kidnapped her with an intention to kill her . They wouldn't keep her in a busy or a residential space. The place has to be in out skirts. She then thought again, if this place was being used for criminal activities in the past, chances were that the place had a escape door for criminals to escape. She decided to search and not give up.   

***

Varun went about asking random people about Riya and Lakshay accompanied him . Arun and Naman had decided to use their resources to track her down as soon as possible. It had been fours hours and streets have started looking deserted when Arun's phone rang. ''Okay, we will be there.''

''What?''

''That was the inspector. A passer by had noticed two middle aged me carrying someone unconscious out of a car. We should reach before is late.''

Naman took directions and drove like a man on mission while Arun updated Lakshay. ''I will kill her family.''

''I will help you in that.'' Arun echoed.

****

''What are you saying? Why is police there?'' Riya uncle grumbled worried as his wife informed that their house has been raided by police and they were digging every corner. They had proofs of family being involved in trafficking .

Before he could answer her someone took the phone, the voice on the other side sounded dangerous. ''You wouldn't want us to find the body of your cousin whom has been missing for 15 yrs. Trust me I know you guys killed her just like you are planning to do with Riya.''

''Who are you?''

''Drop Riya home...Safely and we will talk. Or, your old parents , your wives and sister in law will be paraded like a criminal to the police station.''

''I will find and kill you.''

There was a laughter. ''I am Amit Randhawa. You wouldn't be able to even if you wanted.'' The name send shivers down the spine of Riya's uncle and father and line went dead.

''What do we do?''

''Leave her here and lets escape. If no one finds, she anyways dies.'' As men decided to elope the main door went down with a crash and police made the entry. 

As they were being handcuffed, the inspector called a number. ''Thank You Mr Randhawa for helping in tracking their location.''

The men realized they made a mistake of picking the call and talking to the man. As police searched the place, they found Riya frantically searching for an exit. She collapsed as soon as she realized she was safe. Varun followed in and hugged her tight. ''I thought I lost you again..''

''You will never lose me, I will tear all the walls down Varun.'' Though she was scared and shocked she still kept a brave face for him. Riya's eyes went to the other three men and she realized she had a wonderful family.

''Miss Riya, you will have to come along to file a report.''

''I will and I will also give proofs of their past deeds.'' 

***

Lakshay took the couple home with him. ''You guys are staying with us tonight. We all need each other so pls don't argue.''

While the group took a breather . AMisha knew she had to full fill her side of bargain. ''Where are you going so late? We have enough room for all.''

Amihsa huffed, she hugged Nirali really tight. ''I am leaving...forever.'' There was a silence 

Amisha understood the questions on the faces, ''I am AMisha Randhawa, sister of Amit Randhawa. And its time for me to go home.''

''You bargained your freedom for us.''

Amisha smiled . ''For people I call family. Pls don't ask me more questions. Don't make this hard. If life wishes, we will meet again.'' Amisha's eyes got locked with that of Naman and something unsaid passed between them. They words which were never said stayed unsaid as Amisha walked out of the apartment and then the building. Nirali watched her friend getting into a luxury car as few men bowed to her.

Amisha never spoke of her family and she would never know what her friend hid in the deep cage of her heart.

***

Amisha got in as a body guard closed the door behind her. ''Mam, sir on call.''

''Welcome home Ami! We will be waiting for you.''

Amisha said nothing, she closed her eyes and allowed sleep to take over her. Family... she was leaving the true one behind.

****

Nirali had started looking big and that made Lakshay more anxious. Riya caressed her tummy, just 2 months more.

''Yes and then I will fit in my clothes.''

''Anything from Amihsa.''

''She is a Randhawa, they are Royalty in this country. We will never be able to get close to her.'' Nirali replied broken.

''But we should try.''

''She doesn't want us to. Had she wanted, she would have tried once to reach out of answered my calls and mails.''

''May be its no longer her number and her mails are being monitored. We should not give up.'' Riya encouraged. Nirali agreed and just then her baby kicked, ''he as well agrees.''

''How do you know its he?''

''I don't know. But I want a son and all of you to have daughters so that my son can have choices.'' Nirali's reply made Riya slap her friend lightly on head.

''When are you and Varun making it official?''

''After junior Lakshay is in the world. His mother wants to make it a grand affair and me as well. I want to celebrate this day.''

''You should.'' The friends went back in discussing the wedding preparations. When Naman walked in holding a small puppy.

''Where did you get that?'' Nirali asked

''A gift came in.'' And he hugged the small dog walking away leaving the group of 5 behind him.

__________________________________________________________________________

baby Lakshay and the Wedding

Arun story - Super Star's sweet heart

Naman and Amisha- Wooing the Princess 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 18 10
This is my story of falling in love, dealing with a roller coaster of emotions while caring for my husband through his illness, his passing, and livi...
197 53 28
Two hearts that beat as one Two souls became one Two smiles, in tune as one Two hearts, split in halves Two pieces, jagged and broken Without words s...
172 8 1
They were lovers, until the very end. CONTAINS: *VIOLENCE *BLOOD *CHARACTER DEATH *ANGST ANGST ANGST WORK IS MINE! DON'T COPY OFF IT AND IF YOU WA...
119K 3.7K 30
this started one day when you got added by a mistake on a wrong conversation with people you don't know. But who would think than you will find love...