Deceitful Wedding

By d_buttercup

"Dekhiye ham log ek nakli dulhan ko mandap mein baitha denge aur shaadi ke thodi se beech mein tau ji aap ya... More

Author's Note
Characters
Prologue
2: The wedding
3: The actual wedding

1: It begins

48 5 0
By d_buttercup

It is harshu's haldi ceremony tomorrow. I am very excited for her wedding. It is the first wedding of the family. Everybody is excited I hope everything goes well.

"Dolly Dolly where are you?" Harshita's voice reached me before her making my attention to focus towards her. She is angry? No sad? No annoyed? What happened to her.

I looked at her waiting for her to continue with her rant. "My dress for tomorrow it is not fitting me... What size did you give to the tailor It is not at all of my size" she said while making a sad face.

I was confused how is that possible I myself gave birju uncle Harshu's size.
As I did not say anything she continued " It is your size Dolly not mine" I was shocked how is that possible I took the dress from her hands and looked at it carefully and I honestly can't make a difference.

"We are almost the same size Harshu what is the big deal? Wear it as it is" I told her looking unbothered but mentally making a note to tell Birju uncle to correct the measurements for her wedding dress.

"No we are not!!! You are flat and I have curves" she said with sarcasm I rolled my eyes towards her as I could see her smiling face "Acha I am flat? And you have curves?" I asked repeating her words to which she replied with a nod and with that I started running behind her while she ran ahead of me to save herself from the monster she has awaken.

"Maa Maa see na Dolly is hitting me" she said as she hid behind Taiji and peeped through her shoulders. Taiji who is constantly in bad mood glared at both of us and with that we left that room. Not wanting the bride to be to get scolded as she leaves the house and settles a new one.

It has been decided that I will wear the dress of Harshu which was for her Haldi and I agreed to do so because one it fits me perfectly and two it is not that extravagant. It is a very normal and simple dress.

I do not understand today's generation where they say that we should not wear similar colour to bride in her special day and outshone her. Like are they for real? How can you outshine the bride in an Indian wedding that is not possible. I find this concept bullshit and so does Harshu. We even heard mimi and tai ji talking about wearing their shaadi ka joda on Harshu's wedding.

Dolly's Haldi Outfit 👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

Everything is ready for Harshu's haldi. Both the families have booked a villa in which all the ceremonies will take place but at different places and at different times. Haldi will be first put to the groom and the same haldi would be brought by the bhabhi of the groom for the bride.

"Dolly go and check whether the ceremony on their side is done or not and ask priyamvada to bring haldi for Harshu" mimi said as she saw me coming towards her so I instantly changed direction and went towards the other side of the villa where ceremony for groom's side in taking place.

On my way to that side of the villa I saw Reyansh(son of Prihav) . He was kneeling to the ground and maybe hiding something or crying? Concern for him took over me and I instantly scooted over him only to hear giggles from him as he put something on my cheek and ran away.

I also chuckled along him and stood up until then he was gone. So, I took the corner of my dupatta and started dabbing it on my face where it felt a little wet. While looking upon my dupatta I saw it was haldi. Wait the haldi that was supposed to be put to Harshu??? Oh my god what is this happening??? First the dress and now this. Shut up Dolly what are you thinking and stop watching those serials they are messing with your head I scolded my conscious and started finding priyam didi again.

The haldi ceremony took place without any casualty. Everybody looked so happy. Now we are preparing for the mehendi ceremony of the couple as the elders have decided to keep haldi and mehendi ceremony on the same day with Sangeet being tomorrow and wedding being day after tomorrow.

And thankfully Harshu's mehendi dress was not stitched by Birju uncle otherwise God knows what blunder it would have created. As I was getting ready for the mehendi ceremony in my and Harshu's room I heard somebody entering the room as I turned I saw Harshu in her PJs munching on some chips. " HARSHU YOUR MEHENDI STARTS IN AN HOUR AN LOOK AT YOU SITTING HERE AND EATING CHIPS GO GET READY FAST" I practically screamed at her and she just eyed me from head to toe and in my defence I kept my hands on my chest.

She jumped from the sofa and came towards me as I was standing there looking at her. She pulled my dupatta and put it over my head and hid my face behind the veil. "You attend this mehendi function in place of me na I am very tired I want to sleep" she said making a pout. I slapped her on the shoulder while putting my dupatta back on my shoulder

" How can you even say that Harshu? It is your special day no your special week how can you ask me to take your place just because you are tired?" I questioned her while selecting the jewellery for her which would go perfectly with her dress.

She just shrugged and said " you know this marriage is not at all important for me. I am doing this only for papa nothing else" I heard her say

"But you have met jiju quite a few times. You at least know whether you will be able to live with him for the rest of your life or not?" I asked a little concerned about her. As she was going to answer mimi entered the room and scolded us for not being ready.

She said I looked more presentable and excited than the bride herself. We laughed it off but is it? Do I look more excited than Harshu? I don't want to ruin her special week. I won't be able to forgive myself ever.

Dolly's Mehendi look 👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

I was sitting along with Harshu while didi applied henna on my hand. Harshu's Mehendi was done and she was enjoying the royal treatment.

"Didi kese ka naam likhna hai?" Didi asked innocently. I smiled at her and shook my head but I heard somebody from my behind say "Haan didi likho na V.S.S. " the voice said. I know who it is Neha my best friend I gave her a side eye but she ignored me.

I could see V.S.S. roaming around here and there. "Searching for jiju?" Neha teased me. I again gave her side eye and this time voiced my opinion"He is not your jiju Neha I am not marrying Vihaan. He was a girlfriend who he loves to eternity all this arrange marriage bullshit has made our friendship awkward. Please don't you ever dare say that again." I said in annoyance.

She looked at my face and said "hooo sotan" and ran away. I wanted to ran behind her and teach her a lesson but mehendi wale didi's hardwork will go to waste. So, I just continued my chatting session with Harshu.

What seemed like an eternity the mehendi was done and now it was turn to dry it. Ufff the most hated part.

"Dolly go and ask priyamvada beta whether the function of Sangeet will take place on their side or our side" mimi said and I started walking towards the other side of the villa.

As I was searching for Priyam didi I saw Harshu talking to somebody the person was hiding behind the pillar and I could not quite figure out who she was talking to. I went a little closer and scruntized my eyes a little only to find out it was none other than Jiju.

Wait isn't it forbidden for them to meet until the day of the wedding. I went behind Harshu and Jiju was facing the other side so he could not see me. I went close to her ear and said "Harshu 2 din ka wait nhi ho rha tere se hmm?" making her flinch from the sudden voice. She looked at me horrified while I laughed my ass out.

Through this we grabbed Jiju's attention and I looked at them and said "You guys can't meet eachother until the day of wedding" and started dragging Harshu with me.

I have asked Priyam didi about the Sangeet function she said that as our side of the villa has more open space the function will take place on our side.

It is the next day and we have started the preparation for Sangeet. Everybody is busy in learning the dance steps for their performance today. I have already learnt mine just need to rehearse with everybody.

I saw Harshu talking to somebody on phone she looked concerned? scared? I ran to her and sat next to her bumping a little into her.she got scared and ended the call didn't even let me see who she was talking to. Strange.

"What happened Harshu? You look scared. Is something wrong? Did something happen between you and Jiju? I saw yesterday as well you both looked a bit tensed. Tell me if he did or said something I will break his jaw" I said concern for my dear sister taking over me.

She gave me a faint smile and said nothing was wrong. She just feels tired and it was her makeup artist over the call trying to sell her some last minute glow facial or something.

She is lying. She looked tensed and at night as well she was tossing and turning the entire night. Something is definitely off between these two. But I should give them space they will sort out whatever it is as it is them who have to stay with each other for the rest of their lives and not me. I should get back to practicing the steps.

Dolly's Sangeet look 👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

I was carrying a basket of flowers to the hall when I bumped into somebody and the basket fell from my hand. The flowers did not shower upon us as shown in the serials rather they just managed to get out of the basket increasing my work. Moreover, neither did I trip and fall and the person in front of me saved me. Huh nothing like that happened that means whoever is in front of me and bumped into me is not the one.

I looked up and saw a concerned Vihaan looking at me. Shit. We have been ignoring each other since the day we got to know what our parents were thinking I gave him a faint smile with a nod when he asked whether I was alright or not. As I was gathering the wonderful flowers that were all over the floor. He bent down and started helping me. Why??? Can't he just leave?

"I want to tell you something Dolly came with me " he said as soon as we were done picking up the flowers. I looked at him and he looked disturbed? Tensed? I don't know nor do I wish to know. I was blankly looking at him when he started dragging me and my basket full of flowers with him.

We reached a secluded alley and he looked around as if making sure nobody is present here. Once he was sure he started speaking. I mean he was about to when his brother aka the groom made an appearance and took him away. Strange.

Anyway I returned back to the chores I was dealing with and soon after it was time for the ceremony to begin. Other than Harshu and Jiju everybody had performances prepared which they did turn by turn.

Everybody was having dinner when Reyansh by mistake spilled cold drink over Vihaan and earned a scolding from priyam didi. Everybody laughed and Vihaan excused himself. As he was leaving maa said " Dolly beta go with Vihaan. He might need something, take him to your room" Me who was happily munching on my naan stopped and looked at her in confusion. Before I could say something I saw somebody speaking.

" He is not a kid. He can clean it by himself" it was Jiju. Oh yeh bolte bhi hai? And then I saw Neeru aunty Jiju's mother say " What is your problem? Khud ka Ghar toh basa liya kese aur ka bhi bas Jane de" and laughed along with her all the elderly laughed except for Jiju, Vihaan and me.

I looked at my father and he motioned me with his eyes to go with Vihaan and I compiled. But I will not take him to my room he can use the restroom present here. This villa actually has good restrooms.

We walked in silence till the restroom. Awkward silence. As we reached there I handed him some tissues that I grabbed from one of the waiter on our way here. He thanked me and went inside. I sat on the balcony wall which gave a breathtaking view and started humming something even I am not aware of.

God knows after how long he came out of the restroom looking presentable although the stain was still there. And smiled in my direction as I motioned him to move in the direction where everybody else was.

On our way, I remembered he wanted to tell me something earlier so I asked him "Vihaan you said you wanted to tell me something earlier remember? And then Jiju took you away. What you wanted to tell me?"

He looked in my direction with his hand on the back of his neck." I.... Voh.. mhm... I forgot" he said. Hein? Then he smiled weirdly and said we should hurry up they might be waiting for us.

Why is he so weird. I am never marrying a guy like him

•••••••••••

Hello people ✨
That was the first chapter. I hope you liked it
Do tellme your views guys please please please it's a request.

Also shaadi agle chapter mein hai. Yayyy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 28.1K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
40.7K 757 73
Random stories I make up about RIIZE Also Y/N is gender neutral in these stories. ‼️Requests are OPEN (you can now request with OCs as well!)‼️
1.8M 114K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...