How to forgive a cheater

By Jadiinvine

A young woman who battles deep-rooted insecurities, faces the ultimate test of love and friendship when she d... More

Tip 1: be ready to head the truth
Tip 2: keep calm and stop playing dumb
Tip 3: your baby still has to eat
Tip 4: take a first step
Tip 5: we all need a bit of drama
Tip 6: consider things from another perspective
Tip 7: look for the spice life prepared for you
Tip 8: an extra hand is always welcome
Tip 9: do what you like
Tip 10: deep down, you know
Tip 11: forgive does not mean forget

Bonus: you will be fine very soon

3.5K 105 48
By Jadiinvine

Six months later

"And that's it for today, good job guys!" Karen clapped her hands and everyone followed her.

I was completely drenched in sweat, but I felt extremely good. I've been taking these dance classes for a few months, and even though I would probably never reach a competition level, I felt my skills highly improved.

I grabbed my bag on the ground and emptied a bottle of water in one go. My phone vibrated through the bag, I grabbed it and read a message from Mrs Kwashie in the general announcement channel, reminding people of the quarterly town hall in two days.

Mrs Kwashie, contrary to what I thought, was a kind and sweet woman. She was affectionately called the office mother. She told me on my first day that she had to be a little harsh, to see how I would react. Most of the managers in the company were quite harsh, and she had to make sure I could keep up with them and not freak out at any mean remark.

Another message popped out. It was Samuel informing me that he'd just picked up Clara at my mother's place. It was Friday evening, he was having Clara for the weekend. He would bring her back to my parents place on Monday morning.

When I informed my mother about our divorce, she threw a tantrum. I thought she would take it better after my stand-up, but she was certain I was just angry at the moment and I would 'come back to my sense'. She tried all she could to make me change my mind. She even threatened to disown me. But my father intervened for the first time.

"I will be the one to disown you if you don't get that damn divorce, Missa!"

Even today, she still tells me I did a big mistake, but I didn't care that much. We all make mistakes, if that was a mistake. But no matter what she thought of the situation, she still agreed to take care of Clara. At least Clara had all her love.

I put the phone back in the bag and walked out of the building. I was going to walk home. I got myself an apartment in the neighbourhood to get closer to work, and since the dance school was around, it was all perfect.

"Missa?"

I turned around to see who was calling me, but saw no one in the street who seemed to be paying attention to me. I was leaving when a hand landed on my shoulder, making me jump out of fear.

"Sorry, sorry!" A deep voice said. I lifted my eyes and met a bright smile and two light honey pupils.

"Wilson!" I almost shouted. It was our second encounter, and my reaction was still the same.

"It's been a while! How have you been?"

We didn't meet after last time, and I never called or texted. To tell the truth, it completely slipped off my mind.

"Pretty good, I must say! And you?"

"Fine, fine! Could you sort things out with your husband last time?"

"Oh... Yeah! We kind of sorted things out." I said with an awkward laugh.

"That's nice, I'm relieved," he sighed and ran his hand over his face. "I've been worried thinking I caused you some trouble, but I couldn't reach out to you because I didn't have your number, and you never texted me, so..."

"I'm so sorry! My life was a bit messy, and I completely forgot to call you back..."

"That's fine, I understand. I'm happy to know that things worked fine for your couple."

"Well... We eventually divorced, though..."

"What... Why?" he seemed concerned. "Was that because of me?"

"No! Absolutely not! Things were already messy before, so it has nothing to do with you, don't worry."

"Ah... I'm sorry for you." Maybe it was all in my mind, but for less than a second, I caught a glimpse of joy in his beautiful eyes.

"It's fine. I'm fine now."

The first weeks were hard. I felt bad, I felt like a selfish monster. Samuel came to me three times, completely drunk, and begging me to reconsider my decision. Clara sensed something was wrong, she spent a week barely eating, not playing and laying on the ground while crying. And at that time I had to start work. There was a time I considered it was a bad idea.

But I received support from unexpected persons. Akua told me Clara would get better as long as I was happy. Mrs Kwashie, even though I never told her what happened, said that mothers too were allowed to be a little selfish sometimes. Karen never said much, she simply was there to make me forget, even for an hour, the mess my life had turned to.

It's said there is no wounds time cannot help healing. Things still feel out of place sometimes, like the fact that I have a whole room just for me. Or the fact that I always go to bed alone. But we are all getting used to our new life. Samuel and I are still awkward, but we manage to have civilized conversations when we meet. And we try our best to spend one or two meals in a month together with Clara. Clara is back to her old self, chewing and beheading Barbie dolls with utmost devotion. And we get more of these small laughing moments.

I took a visit card out of my purse and gave it to Wilson.

"Here, now you have my number too!"

"Yeah, thanks!"

"It was nice seeing you! Let's grab a drink one day. See you!" I waved him goodbye and walked away, but he soon called after me.

"Missa wait!" he caught up with me in a few strides and gently grabbed my hand. He breathed out heavily, and dived his honey eyes into mine, his thumb gently rubbing the back of my hand. "Are you free tomorrow night? Would you agree to have dinner with me?"

Hello dear wattpadians! And thank you for reading this Novella, I hope you enjoyed. Thank you for trusting me and sticking with Missa and I till the end!🤗🤗🤗

Here comes the end to our little 'guide'. I originally planned the story to be longer, but while writing the lasts chapters, I felt it was the right moment to put an end to it (in fact I went in the opposite direction of my plans while writing 😂😂😂, but I wanted to let Missa tell me her story, not impose her mine). It is the end of a part of Missa's life, but also the beginning of another adventure for her. I'm wondering what her answer to Wilson's invite will be... But anyway, please let's root for her!🫂

I believe the answer to the question in the title is up to anyone. Because we're all different, our circumstances are different, our ways of thinking are different. How to forgive a cheater is up to anyone. You may also decide not to forgive, if they don't deserve it.

Some of you are maybe disappointed by Missa's decision. Others may agree. But in the end, what's important is being happy and at peace with yourself.

If some of you went through or are going through similar situations, I hope you are fine now, and if not, then I hope you'll be fine soon.
Cheer up!

Maybe one day (if I have enough inspiration), I'll write a sequel to this story. And whether it is the sequel to this story or a brand new one, I hope to meet you again in one of my next stories. In the meantime, I'll be shaping my skills to make the next story a better one for you to enjoy. Until then, take care of yourself, and always do things that make you happy!
🤎🤎🤎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 37.4K 22
How far would you go to protect the ones you love? A successful architect with a promising career in London, Brian's world spins out of control when...
197K 8.6K 52
A bet. A tape. A betrayal. Two years ago everything crumbled in Nova Jensen's perfect world after trusting her heart to the wrong person only to find...
11.3K 398 29
In the depths of foster care, Caroline Lewis never imagined a life beyond loneliness. But fate has a different plan in store for her. When she finall...
Alone By caslovessleeping

Mystery / Thriller

46.5K 2.7K 54
"I didn't know how much I needed you until I didn't have you. Every second was hell without you. Whenever I'm with you, I feel like I'm in heaven. I...