Falling in Love with a Ghost

By darksolace

Kylie Livingston is your average, teenage girl. She has a past with ghosts so she can feel them or see them... More

Falling in Love with a Ghost:Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's Note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 19

1.6K 75 12
By darksolace

Thanks for the story cover, SoleilBaisse!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kylie's POV

Kylie, don't panic. Do. Not. Panic. Calm your crazy heart down.

I could not smell any alcohol from this guy behind me, so I guess it is safe to say that he's not drunk.

But what if he has drugs and want to sell them to me? And based on my personality, I would not buy drugs from this unauthorized person, and that would likely push him to shoot me or kill me or kidnap me or...

Stop, Kylie!

He must be some kind of person who needed help, and coincidentally, he saw me walking down the street, and decided to ask help from me since there was no one around.

But I heard the news earlier that there was a serial killer roaming around, and was attracting his victims by asking for help and leading them to his car. And when they are finally alone, then and there, he will-

"Miss?" I blinked a few times and jumped back when I saw the guy from behind me was now in front of me.

How could I not notice him move?

'Because you were busy thinking about the serial killer,' my subconscious replied.

Shut up!

I looked at him carefully. He has this brown eyes that seemed so curious. I think he's a year younger than me. He looks decent and innocent to be a serial killer, but who knows? Maybe the serial killer was this innocent-looking.

"Sorry. I must've scared you," he smiled apologetically.

"No shit, sherlock," I muttered.

Thankfully, he didn't seem to have heard that.

"I was wondering if you know where this is. I have been searching for this place since this afternoon. I think I'm lost," he handed me a crumpled paper that has an address on it.

There's this thing called GPS, dude.

I wanted to say that, but decided against it. Maybe he didn't have enough money to buy a phone for himself. Poor him.

I just happened to know the place, so I gave him directions how to get there.

"Thank you! Ah, finally!" He grinned widely. I wanted to ask why he didn't ask other people for directions earlier, but since it was not my business, I didn't.

I just gave him a small smile. I want to go home right now.

I glanced at the sky. It was pretty dark now. How much time did I waste to this shit? No, Kylie. Mom said that you should help people who needed our help no matter what.

I threw him an irritated look surreptitiously. If it wasn't for Mom's advice, I could've left him here, but who knows? Maybe he'll kill me when I refused to give him directions.

Yeah, I still think that he might be the serial killer.

"Thank you so much, Miss...." He trailed off. It took me a minute to realize that he was asking for my name.

"Oh, it's Mia," I lied. He looked like he didn't believe me at all, but he seemed to just shrug it off.

"Okay, Mia. I'm Josh, and I would like to ask you one more thing. Do you know some coffee shop near here?" He asked.

I pursed my lips while thinking if there was any coffee shop near here. After a few seconds, I remembered one.

"Ah, yeah. It's that way," I pointed to the direction ahead of me.

"Would you like to go with me? I would like to buy you a drink to repay your kindness," He offered with a smile.

I debated with myself whether to go with him or not. Well, the coffee shop is in the same direction of my house, so I could go with him if I wanted to.

But he might have something in store for me when we're alone.

But right now, we're alone, and yet he didn't try anything or do something bad to me.

Maybe he's really a good person, and I just happened to be paranoid to have suspicions towards an innocent person.

"I'll just walk you there since it is the same direction to where I was headed to," he looked disappointed. "Oh, wait. Will you use your car?"

"Um, no. I'll just leave my car here. I will walk with you. That way, we will have more time to talk. You're single, right?" He grinned. I blinked a few times.

Is he...is he flirting with me or what?

I just let out a nervous laugh before we started walking. After awhile, his phone rang.

Wait. He has a phone. So why didn't he use the GPS? Maybe his phone doesn't have one.

"Oh, wait. I have to answer this," he fished out his phone from his pocket. I was shocked to see an iPhone.

What?? He has an iPhone, and I'm sure as hell that an iPhone has GPS, so why didn't he use it?!

My question was answered when I saw him frowning at his phone. It looked like he really needed to answer it, but he didn't know how.

"Um, here. You just have to press the green button." I instructed. Accidentally, I saw the name of the caller. Actually, it was not a name. The caller was called Boss.

He looked embarrassed because I saw a small tinge of pink on his cheeks. He nodded timidly and answered the call.

I stepped away from him to give him some privacy. I'm not one to eavesdrop. Well, except earlier with Crystal and her dogs. I was forced to eavesdrop.

After a few minutes, he walked towards me with an unreadable expression.

"So, you're headed home?" He asked, putting his hands inside his jeans' pocket.

I nodded, and we started walking again. After a few steps, I could already see the coffee shop.

"There it-" I was cut off by his hug. My eyes widened at this gesture.

He's hugging me!!!

I was about to push him away, but after I heard what he said, I froze.

"I'm sorry," he whispered in my ear. With that, he pushed me towards the dark alley. I stumbled backwards and was about to hit the ground, but a pair of arms caught me.

The smell of smoke and alcohol immediately hit my nose. I stiffened in fear. The person who caught me took a deep breath, inhaling my scent.

That was when I regained my control. I elbowed his face, and that loosened his grip on me. I took that as an opportunity, and ran.

But someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him/her. Unfortunately, that person turned out to be a him, and he was disgusting. He reeked of alcohol. I struggled to free my hands, but this dude really had enough strength to put me in place.

"Let me go, you disgusting prick!" I yelled.

"Ooh, feisty. Just the way I like it." The old man (not really. Maybe he's in his late thirties) who was restraining me licked his lips disgustingly.

What do I do? I can't win against these two disgusting bulky men.

"You elbowed me pretty hard young lady, and because of that, we will punish you," the other guy advanced towards me.

"No!" Before he could even touch me, I kicked him where the sun doesn't shine. He doubled over and groaned in pain.

I looked at Josh who was just standing there at the side. He couldn't look in my direction. He had a pained expression on his face.

Yeah, that's right. Be killed by your guilt!

"Oh come on, Larry! Get your ass up! We don't have all night!" The guy who was holding me said.

"Actually, we have, Tom," the guy I just kicked whose name is Larry said.

Larry approached me once again, but this time, he had a knife. A freaking knife!

I started to panic, but I didn't show it.

"If you kick me again, I won't hesitate to plunge this thing in your chest," he said, waving the freaking knife in the air.

"What are you going to do?!" I glared at Larry.

"Relax. We will just have fun," Larry said with a hoarse voice.

That didn't make me relax, at all. That just increased my fear even more. And his voice! Oh, my God! It sounds disgusting!

"Let go! Let go of me!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, hoping someone could hear it, and help me.

"The lady said to let go of her, didn't she?" Somebody asked. I sighed in relief even though I didn't know if the person was good or bad.

Before we could even turn our heads, the guy already landed a super punch on Larry's jaw. I even heard a crack.

My eyes widened at the blood splattered on the floor. I stared at Larry's motionless body on the ground.

"What the hell?! Who the fuck are you?!" Tom asked angrily. I didn't even realize that I was now staring at the guy who just punched Larry.

And the guy just happened to be Kris! But I must admit, he looked kinda hot looking like a bad boy. He had this glint in his eyes, and he's emitting this dangerous aura. *fangirl mode activated* And oh, my God! The way he punched the daylight out of Larry was very hot!! *squeal*

*cough* I can't believe I just gave that idiot a compliment.

(Author: Not just compliment though. It even has a squeal.)

Wait. If he's Kris, how the hell are they able to see him?! Don't tell me he can turn into a human!

I didn't realize that Tom was already pressing the freaking knife against my neck. My eyes widened in panic.

"Don't come any closer or else I'll slit her throat!" Tom threatened.

Kris just narrowed his eyes dangerously. His jaw was clenched, and his hands were balled into fists.

Why isn't he using his powers?! He could just choke this man to death or make him faint! Don't tell me he couldn't use it.

The way he glared at Tom gave the answer away. The only thing that he could do right now is glare at Tom and nothing else.

Even though I was in this kind of situation, I had this tiny little bit of calmness inside me. And it was caused by Kris.

"Josh, hold her. Do not let her get away, you understand? I'll just take care of this kid," Tom said without breaking his staring contest with Kris.

I snorted quietly. Yeah, Kris is a freaking kid. And this kid will take you on, old man.

And that was the time I realized that Josh was still standing there like a deer caught in the headlights.

Josh trudged towards me, and held me firmly. Well, I didn't attempt to leave since Kris was here. I won't leave Kris. Even though he bullied me, he still saved my ass earlier.

Tom slowly approached Kris as if Kris would suddenly go all Hulk on him. Kris just looked down at him since he was a few inches taller than Tom.

Then, we heard a distant sound of sirens. I looked in the direction of the sound, and saw blue and red lights far ahead.

I noticed that Tom also turned his head, and Kris took that chance to swiftly grab Tom by his collar and push him against the wall, making Tom drop the freaking knife.

"You coward! You called the police!" Tom shouted and attempted to remove Kris' hands, but Kris had a death grip on him.

"I am not dumb not to know that you guys are the serial killer who's roaming around. People thought there's only one, but actually, there's the two of you," he paused and tilted his head, "I'm quite surprised you didn't kill her yet. I mean, you're a killer, and you're used to all that shit. Did you hesitate to kill her or what?"

Wait, what?! They're the serial killer?!

I frowned at the last question of Kris.

Yeah, if he wanted to kill me, he could've done it earlier.

Tom just laughed. Kris tightened his grip on Tom's neck that he started to turn blue.

I just stared at them with Josh behind me. I know that Kris wouldn't stoop down to their level. He won't kill him.

Tom struggled to say words, but failed. Kris loosened his grip a little bit where Tom could breathe again.

"We intended to..." Tom paused then looked at me with his eyes slowly turning dark.

Kris seemed to get what Tom was about to say because I heard a low, ferocious growl from him.

And unexpectedly, he turned into a werewolf!

.

.

.

Hahaha! Just joking!

I gasped as Kris slammed Tom against the wall and shouted, "You bastard!"

Tom groaned in pain.

Kris slammed Tom against the wall again, but harder this time. I could even see a small crack on the wall.

My mouth fell open when I saw that. Just how much strength did Kris use when he slammed Tom against that wall?!

I looked at Tom who was barely conscious.

"Wait! I have to ask him something," Josh said. We turned to look at him. Kris narrowed his eyes, indicating Josh to continue.

"Where did you hide my parents?" Josh asked, glaring at Tom. I looked at Josh confusedly.

Why is he- Did they blackmail him? Just as I thought. I mean, how could an innocent kid like Josh do something bad like this?

Tom just kept quiet. We could tell then that the police cars were near us because the sound of their sirens were louder.

Kris seemed to grow impatient because he let out a low growl, "Answer the kid, goddamn it!

"They're in the basement of our hideout," he breathed out. His eyes were half-closed already.

"No more questions, kid?" Kris asked. Josh shook his head.

After that, Kris punched Tom, making Tom lose his consciousness.

I noticed Kris was breathing heavily. It's like he was restraining himself from destroying the faces of those bastards which are already destroyed.

I jumped a little when Kris turned to me, and narrowed his eyes dangerously. I thought he would also punch me, but he just walked away.

Josh and I just looked at each other.

"Go find your parents," I smiled at him. He looked taken aback. It's like he's expecting me to lunge at him. Nonetheless, he still nodded, and ran away while I followed Kris.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, guys! I'm back! So, what do you think about Kris' new side? And what about Josh? Hehe..

Anyway, thanks for reading, and sorry for the grammatical errors in this chapter. Bye~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 12K 41
"Where are you?!" Kylie shouted into the darkness. "I know you're there! Show yourself!" ---- Do you know the feeling of being followed? Being follow...
293 16 31
My name is Claire Rose and I'm clairvoyant. I help ghosts cross over to the other side. Relax, it's nothing as dramatic as Jennifer Love Hewitt in G...
1.1K 127 34
{ BOOK 1 } Five strangers. Five different backgrounds. Three demigods. One goddess One huge adventure. /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Flam...
606K 23.5K 32
"I'm not the one who can see ghosts" "I'm not the one who is a ghost" "That was actually really hurtful" "Aww I'm sorry, wait I don...