|| Bhanupriyaa : The Rule of...

Av Nakshatra012m

Book Ӡ in PandavaNandini Trilogy " Our love would remain forever, eternally going beyond the elixir of heave... Mer

Preface
Dedication
Prologue
1 | A Night of Ghosts
2 | The Labyrinth of Despair
3 | Celestial whispers
4 | Remains of Hastinapura
5 | Shattered Reflections
6 | Dead End
7 | Embers of Revelation
8 | Flames Turn Cold
9 | Scars of the Past
10 | When Virtue Ascends
11 | The Power of Belonging
12 | Moments that Matter
13 | United Hearts
14 | Heartfelt Connections
15 | The Throne's Call
16 | Stardust Gatherings
17 | Before the Mahotsavam
18 | Maharaja Patta-Abhisheka
19 | Whispered Goodbyes
20 | Miles of Love
21 | Societal Chessboard
22 | Duality's Canvas
23 | Velvet Dreams
24 | Stars Aligned
25 | In the Shadow's Wake
26 | Timeless Beginnings
27 | The Golden Hour
28 | Vivaha Utsavam
29 | Kalyana Vaibhavam
30 | In the Heart's Embrace
31 | Within Lotus Heartbeats
32 | Inside Their Hearts
34 | Glow of Krishna's Plumes
35 | Progression with Reforms
36 | Moonlit Melodies
37 | Lands of Vrindavan
38 | The Immortal Bond
39 | Poisoned Roots
40 | Scattered Ashes
41 | Our Divine Eternity

33 | Heartstrings Attached

304 67 67
Av Nakshatra012m

-|| Heartstrings Attached ||-

" Where love weaves melodies that echo across generations " . 

◊◊◊

" How convenient is it to be late yet garner everyone's love , DharmaAtmaja? ".

Suthanu's eyes turned towards the voice , quite startled. It turned the youngsters attention as the elders had already departed after the Pooja.

" Lakshmanaa? ".

" Does the rules of justice always function separately for you , Suthanu? " , Lakshmanaa voiced masking her hurt. She had resisted from speaking anywhere but restraint was always broken at a point and she didn't realize she had broken it today

" Manaa " , Suthanu was soft as she came towards Lakshmanaa trying to place her palm on the latter's shoulder as she raised her palm stopping Suthanu.

" What are you saying? " , Suthanu questioned softly, her eyes clouding with worry seeing the deep hurt within Lakshmanaa' eyes rather than being hurt herself.

" Don't act naive , Maharani Suthanu " , Lakshmanaa spoke bitterly yet her eyes were filling up with tears , " I stood against my father when he was wrong and when Kakashree Bhima had broken the war rules to kill my father - none spoke a word? Even you didn't, Maharani? ".

" Listen to me , Lakshmanaa " , Suthanu hurried towards Lakshmanaa who turned to leave.

" That's enough " , Lakshmanaa looked at Suthanu fiercely, " You never cared for me , for justice ! Maybe my father was right about one thing - your father does have a false notion of Dharma. The Dharmaraja didn't question his brother for breaking war rules? At the end of the day , he is the gambler my father spoke about ".

Lakshmanaa herself silenced as she realised she had broken her limits and told something that she didn't believe at heart. Yudhishthira was her fatherly figure too , it weighed down upon her own heart. But she didn't let it show on her face.

Suthanu stilled as her eyes filled up with tears , Rukmavati held Suthanu by her shoulders quite stunned herself.

" That's enough Lakshmanaa " , Samba's loud tone startled Lakshmanaa as he caught her hand before speaking to Suthanu , " I am sorry Bhabhi ". He led Lakshmanaa with him , quite furious about the turn of events.

Pradyumna shared a concerned look with Bhanu whose eyes were fixed over Suthanu.

Pradyumna moved towards Suthanu placing his palm on her head. His eyes reflecting the worry in his heart.

" Bhrata, was Lakshmanaa carrying so much bitterness in her heart? " , Suthanu found her voice, " How did this happen in the first place? Does she know that I can never approve of such a break of rules in the war? I couldn't bring myself to speak to Pitashri Bhima for months. Her agony pushed to accuse my Pita of his justice? Is this why you all never let us meet ? ".

" No Thanu , we ourselves were unaware about Lakshmanaa's reason of agony. We did know she wasn't fine with a lot of things but we could never imagine that her hurt ran this deep that it has taken a form of rage now " , Pradyumna spoke when his eyes lifted to see Bhanu who turned to leave.

" Lal? " , Pradyumna called out to Bhanu.

" I have wronged Lakshmanaa Bhrata ! We blessed her to stand by her side as her brothers and I failed to see her agony in my own grief and later happiness. She has lost the men of her family Bhrata , her father - the man closest to a daughter's heart. Have we ever tried to see that side ? " , Bhanu's words made Suthanu look at him.

Suthanu moved towards Bhanu who looked at her trying to decipher her emotions.

" You must go meet Manaa , Natha and I am genuinely happy about your decision" , Suthanu whispered with a smile as Bhanu broke into a smile. His Suthanu had not let him down. Pradyumna nodded at Bhanu as he came to stand by Suthanu's side. A silent understanding passed between the brothers as Pradyumna blinked his eyes in assurance.

Rukmavati came beside Suthanu as Bhanu left the place.

" Thanu , you .."

" He is right Bhabhi. Lakshmanaa has always been the bait for being on the wrong side , be it during the dice game or after the Kurukshetra. Almost everyone were on my side but who was there for her? " , Suthanu's words made Rukmavati smile softly. 

" We will be there for her " , Pradyumna declared placing his palm on Suthanu's head affectionately, " Yet now , we are there for you Ladli. We will always be there ".

Suthanu smiled with slight tears at Rukmavati and Pradyumna even as the younger daughters of Krishna rushed to her side to give her a hug.

Bhanu stepped in to the meeting chambers within Lakshmanaa's room after seeking her permission.

" What brings you here , Bhrata? To belittle for me for accusing your wife? " , Lakshmanaa's voice was sharp. She was facing her back to him.

" I wish I could say I came here as your Bhrata ,Lakshmanaa " , Bhanu spoke softly , " But having failed to keep up my responsibilities towards you , it gives me no right ".

Lakshmanaa turned to face him , whispering - " Bhrata? ".

" I am sorry " , Bhanu held his ears sincerely as Lakshmanaa rushed to his side , shaking her head.

" I am sorry , I misunderstood your intention for your arrival " , Lakshmanaa apologized , " Please sit Bhrata ".

Bhanu gestured her to take a seat as he took his place.

" Why were you crying , Lakshmanaa? " , Bhanu questioned softly as Lakshmanaa looked startled , " Don't look at me in surprise. It is seen all over your face ".

" I didn't mean to say that about Tathsree Yudhishthira, Bhrata. I don't know , what  made me insane to say that. Believe me or not , I regret it from the depths of my heart" , Lakshmanaa was soft.

" How can I not believe you , Lakshmanaa? " , Bhanu was gentle.

" Aren't you angry with me for speaking such to Thanu? " , Lakshmanaa looked at Bhanu.

" Lakshmanaa , it is between two sisters and I have no right to comment about it " , Bhanu spoke , " But my duty towards you pushes me to share your agony. At the same time , it is my duty to show you the right way if you ever fall in darkness. I would have done the same if it was any of my sisters in your place. I am not implying you are right or wrong , it is for you to make that decision but to show you the mirror of truth is my responsibility ".

Lakshmanaa was speechless to make a word. At this point , she couldn't trust anyone yet Bhanu's words were ringing in her mind.

" Lakshmanaa" , Bhanu was soft , " Never feel this is not your home if that is one of the things that has disturbed you ".

Lakshmanaa looked up startled almost her eyes brimming up.

" It was for your sake majorly that Pita gave away his Narayana Sena to Kaka Duryodhana. Despite being cousins , you know it was your alliance that was the basis behind as was Pita Arjuna's because Mata Subhadra was a child of this own house. Also , he stood by you to meet kaka Duryodhana in the battlefield and all our mother's were by your side I confirm when I saw you in the battlefield at the first place. Wasn't it? " , Bhanu spoke softly as Lakshmanaa nodded.

Her mother-in-laws stood by her in her agony and it was them who pursuaded her to meet Duryodhana during the Kurukshetra.

" Samba? I don't even have to say about him because you know his truth better than me ", Bhanu smiled as Lakshmanaa sat silent. The cloud of thoughts in her mind slowly coming to clearing indeed she didn't realise that the family had never left her hand.

" In my agony was I foolish in not noticing things that I should have , Bhrata? " , Lakshmanaa voiced it as a question to an answer she knew. But more than pondering over her mistake at the moment; the truth - relieved her heart , she felt belonged. She felt loved , a one that she had lost to the sands of Kurukshetra before months back.

" It's not in mortal's hand completely to notice and analyze everything surrounding one , Lakshmanaa. There is always more to what sees and hears " , Bhanu voiced as he stood up seeing the twinkle of a dead storm in Lakshmanaa's eyes.

Lakshmanaa rose from her place as Bhanu smiled at her.

" Bhrata , is this an indirect way of asking me to rethink about incidents? " , Lakshmanaa looked at Bhanu.

" No Lakshmanaa, it's a direct way. As I said to show you the right way is my duty but to make a decision is yours " , Bhanu smiled causing Lakshmanaa came to walk by his side as he turned to leave. Bhanu looked at Lakshmanaa who seemed confused and lost in thoughts , he moved his palm hesitantly though he smiled putting his hand on her head in blessing. Lakshmanaa looked up at him.

" You will have me always standing by your side , Lakshmanaa. It's my duty as a brother and you always have the rights of my sister " , Bhanu smiled affectionately causing Lakshmanaa to break into a smile.

Lakshmanaa wanted to say , a lot of words in gratitude and affection but it was too overwhelming that she chose silence hoping it would convey her emotions. Lakshmanaa simply nodded her head.

" I will take your leave now " , Bhanu turned to leave but stopped by the door hearing Lakshmanaa's call.

" Bhrata indeed there is no one quite like you " , Lakshmanaa's words caused Bhanu to smile.

" And there is no one quite like you too Lakshmanaa. Your forbearance and resilience is something I deeply respect and I will always be proud of my sister " , Bhanu smiled and left the place.

" Bhrata "

Suthanu walked into the meeting chambers of her room as she got the message of Samba's request to see her.

" Samba , Bhabhi " , Samba kept his gaze lowered wanting to be addressed such.

" Samba " , Suthanu smiled , " Now that I fulfilled your tiny wish , please take a seat ".

" No Bhabhi " , Samba looked up at Suthanu , " I am sorry for what happened this dawn. It's your first day in our home and it was unfortunate that I let it happen ".

" Samba , take your seat "

" Bhabhi "

" Samba " , Suthanu's stern voice made Samba take a place.

Suthanu smiled at her brother-in-law who felt deeply responsible for something that he wasn't at fault.

" Samba , I and Manaa are sisters. She has few disappointments with me and there are things that she understood differently to arrive at her conclusion. Conflicts happen between siblings , isnt? " , Suthanu continued , " It's just one of those little feuds , Samba. She has all rights to voice what she feels to me. You had no hand in it to feel sorry about ".

" I understand that it is between two sisters, Bhabhi. But there is a way to say it and Lakshmanaa was driven into emotions of anger at that point " , Samba was cut off by Suthanu.

" Much like you , isn't - the anger part? ", Suthanu teased , " The Vara Prasada of Mahadev afterall you are ".

" Bhabhi " , Samba pouted , " Is that all you see , my anger? ".

" No Samba " , Suthanu now was serious , " Like Shiva Shambhu , you are extremely caring towards your loved ones , innocent in places and above all , devoted to your family as Shiva is to welfare of the world ".

" If that was true , I wouldn't have made you face such a situation Bhabhi " , Samba's eyes was remorseful.

" What situation , are you talking about Samba ? " , Suthanu smiled , " Is it about now when I realize I have got such a sweet brother-in-law ? ". 

" Bhabhi " , Samba was cut by Suthanu. 

" Samba " , Suthanu turned serious , " Will you now be my sweet devar and give me a smile? I will smile only then". 

" Bhabhi " 

" As I said ". 

Samba took a moment looking at Suthanu who didn't seem to budge. He ended up smiling much to Suthanu's joy. 

"  I can't keep my Bhabhi sad , here you go Bhabhi " , Samba smiled more as Suthanu broke into a smile. 

" That's like my sweet Devar " , Suthanu spoke. As Samba stood up to leave , Suthanu rose from her place as she voiced , " Wait Samba ". 

Samba turned to Suthanu who approached him with a golden bowl. " I won't let you go empty handed when it is the first time you have come to meet me " , Suthanu forwarded the sweets. 

" Thank you Bhabhi " , Samba smiled before picking up one. 

" Will one do? " , Suthanu teased , " I heard you love them ".  " Bhrata embarasses me " , Samba shook his head in embarassment. 

" He doesn't spare me either , a big mischief monger isn't it ? " , Suthanu and Samba broke into laughter. 

" I will take your leave now Bhabhi " , Samba went by the door as he halted turning to face Suthanu. 

" Bhabhi , you are the spring of joy just like Bhrata says ! ". 

Suthanu's eyes widened before she broke into a smile. 

" What else has your Bhrata said about me , Samba? " , Suthanu poked as Samba's smile widened.

" A lot Bhabhi and I will tell you all slowly  afterall I don't want my beloved Bhrata getting knocked down by his wife at the first day" , Samba's eyes twinkled.

" Samba ! " , Suthanu's eyes were amused.

" Sorry Bhabhi " , Samba giggled running away as Suthanu shook her head.

" Adi , you came " , Suthanu was arranging the Pooja things to be taken to the Somnatha temple , " How is Lakshmanaa? Is she feeling better? ".

" Hopefully better Thanu " , Bhanu's voice was low. He felt guilt-ridden to have walked off at that point when he knew Suthanu was hurt too and her lack of displeasure seemed to have increase his feeling.

" I know Natha , you would have made her feel better " , Suthanu was still wrapping all things , " I can't tell you how happy as a wife I was at that moment when you understood Manaa's sentiments without getting carried away with the way she reacted when none could even have thought that way. You lighted up my way too. You call me your Jeevan Darshini?  But you are my own light Adi ".

Suthanu halted as she felt Bhanu's palm on her shoulder. She turned to face him whose gaze was remorseful.

" I don't deserve this Thanu " , Bhanu voiced in a soft tone making Suthanu's brows curved.

" What happened Adi? " , Suthanu's palm went to cup his cheek feeling worried.

" Aaru " , Bhanu was soft , " Don't you feel I should have stayed with you at that moment?".

" Is that all? You made me worried " , Suthanu shook her head before resuming her work , " Adi , it's not about being there but being in the right way. I am your Sahadharmini Adi. If I wont stand by your responsibility and understand your duty , who will? ".

Suthanu turned to look at Bhanu as she continued , " You went to fulfill our duty , Adi. Lakshmanaa is my cousin and thus her wellbeing is my duty. When I was not in a position to do my duty , you stood up for it as my Ardhanga. In this case , how did you ever leave me then? ".

" People wonder why I love my wife the way I do " , Bhanu whispered as he cupped Suthanu's cheeks , " Thanu , I don't want your understanding and love to be ever overriden by myself as my expectations from you".

" How dare you speak such about my Ardhanga? " , Suthanu pushed away his hand with mock anger , " Do you even know , how much he loves me? ".

" You are all of my life , Thanu" , Bhanu broke into a smile.

" I wasn't talking about you , it was about my Natha " , Suthanu played on though she felt goosebumps cover her skin at his tone.

" Your Natha and me are one and the same , Bhanupriyaa " , Bhanu finally smiled his usual smile before pecking quickly on Suthanu's cheeks.

" You " , Suthanu broke out of the shock after a moment before she playfully hit his arm , " We have to go to the temple ".

" Come , let's go then Bhanupriyaa " , Bhanu smiled as he took a few Pooja items as did Suthanu with a shake of her head.

As they turned to leave , Bhanu held her palm in his palm making Suthanu smile. Suthanu gently curled her fingers around his palm , interwining their hands causing Bhanu to smile.

Hand in hand with smile , they left for the Abode of Shiva Shankara - the sheer epitome of the one who defined love in a way that remained eternal !

Bhanu and Suthanu almost were giggling  , bantering together as they dismounted the chariot. Their visit to the Somnatha temple had been pleasant and the rituals went in a flow like the sacred waters of Ganga.

Though Bhanu filing her hair partition was a moment that they seemed lost in each other. His gentle touch with a smile that she loved as he wiped off the sindoor that fell on her nose. The priest's voice like a zenith behind echoing , " It is considered as a sign that the husband deeply loves his wife ".

After the Pooja , they had instantly left to the palace considering the royal duties.

Dhruv stood at the palace entrance as Suthanu and Bhanu walked in. He smiled at the couple , a one with teasing to his friend.

" I hope the stars witnessed a beautiful tale last night " , he commented as Bhanu's eyes widened. He glared at Dhruv , hitting his arm playfully as Suthanu stood as a typical newly wed shy bride.

" I am sorry Thanu " , Dhruv laughed , " I didn't want to embarrass you but opportunity for pulling my friend's leg has come after eons".

" If you are standing here , I expected it to be an important work Senadhipati " , Bhanu cleared his throat.

" What Bangaram? " , Dhruv groaned looking at his friend , " Your choice was marrying this man? ".

" Dhruv "

" Bhanu "

Dhruv and Bhanu stood head-on though in friendly way as Suthanu stood amused.

" I think it will be best for me to leave from here , you both continue" , Suthanu voiced as Bhanu turned to look at her.

" Your brother couldn't afford a day leave to me otherwise I would have happily joined you Thanu " , Bhanu mock glared at Dhruv who opened his mouth in shock as Suthanu giggled.

" Bhrata , he is joking ! We know Adi can forget his happiness but not his work " , Suthanu shook her head , " You take him with you , it should be important if you wait for him at the entrance ".

" It's the usual things Bangaram. I just wanted to see you together " , Dhruv eyed Bhanu , " Actually wanted to know if my sister is being loved the way she deserved to be ".

Suthanu chuckled as Bhanu smiled taking her and Dhruv by surprise who were anticipating his irritation.

" What ? Don't look at me like that you , two " , Bhanu voiced with a smile , " It is a matter of happiness that my wife is loved and protected that even my own friend can stand against me if a situation demands ".

Suthanu and Dhruv looked at each other.  Dhruv hugged his friend immediately mirroring Suthanu's own emotions at the moment which she couldn't do out of shyness but that didn't stop her from looking at him lovingly , " You are one unique man ,  Bhanu ".

' My man ' , Suthanu wanted to whisper with a smile.

" Bhanu "

Bhanu turned to look at Satyabhama as Suthanu too turned towards the latter. Dhruv bowed his head in respect as Satyabhama smiled.

" Maa " , Bhanu and Suthanu went together to touch her feet , rising as Satyabhama placed her palm on their head.

" How was the Somnatha Mandir Pooja? " , Satyabhama placed her palm on Suthanu's cheek affectionately.

" Went well Maa " , Suthanu answered with a smile.

" Maa , I will take your leave. Dhruv is waiting for me " , Bhanu voiced as Satyabhama nodded. Bhanu turned to leave with Dhruv and so did Suthanu leave in the other way proceeding to go meet the elders.

" Bhanu , I shall ask to shift back your things " , Satyabhama said as Bhanu turned with a grateful nod , leaving the place along Dhruv.

Though Suthanu who had only moved few steps from the place heard it and it drew her attention.

As Satyabhama turned to leave , Suthanu approached the former.

" Maa , shift Natha's things? "

" Bhanu shifted to the guest room post he returned to Dwarka after the Rajya Abhisheka, Thanu " , Satyabhama was soft , " Even if he didn't tell me directly , it was written in his eyes that he wanted you to be there. But now that you are back , I guess it's time for him to move back into his own room ". 

Suthanu stood moved as she silently nodded at Satybhama who squeezed her shoulder in silent support , " Maa , can I move the things myself? ". 

" It's a tedious work , Thanu " , Satyabhama pressed looking in concern. 

" He lived as a guest in his own house just for my sake , Maa " , Suthanu blinked back her tears , " Let me do it , Maa ". 

Satyabhama simply nodded , caressing her cheek before leaving the place. She knew nothing would alter Suthanu's decision. 

As Suthanu walked down the aisles , she couldn't help but ponder about the man - her husband was. Even after knowing him for years , being his best friend for a few years and now , being his wife still he seemed so much more to her understanding.  But in every page of their story , she knew he had written his love for her through his soul like it was the most natural thing to do without even trying to make an effort. Was this love in the truest sense? A phase beyond once presence to love. Can any man love anyone to such an extent? Did she love him the way he deserved to be loved ?How did she get so fortunate? 

On the other side as Bhanu walked , he couldn't help but be reminded of the morning incident. Typically , any girl would have been hurt, hurled her anger or expressed her disappointments. But here , his wife - his Thanu was someone who understood the inner beat of his heart - his duties and his responsibilities. He defined the source of her life , she dreamt the smallest of things with him. True , when she had said she was his Sahadharmini and it couldn't be anyone else than her who would share it the way she does. To walk by his side even in path of Agni was something only his Suthanu could do. She had once said and she lived by it , " Adi , in this path of life ; in every moment and in every step - you will find me standing by your side ! ".  Bhanu smiled reflecting that ever he could love her to the extent she deserves to be loved? How did he get so fortunate? 

Just like that Suthanu and Bhanu found themselves on the path of wanting to be a better person for the other not realizing that it was that form of love in it's highest glory , a one that made the most hardest thing to reform oneself by themselves turn easy! 

To be continued...

A/N : I am trying to make chapters shorter , I hope it does help to the readers ! Also , do you feel the story is progressing a little slowly? 

Please let me know your views on the storyline. 

Also next chapter is again , a SuBhanu centered one along with additional family scenes as well and I am already mid way through it. 

Please do leave your votes and comments. 

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

265K 17.6K 152
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...
33K 1.9K 20
"A F T E R A S T O R M C O M E S A C A L M" In the age of Dvapar..... "Bishwas" - trust "Prem" - pure love "Aahuti" - sacrifice "Sangharsh"...
228K 17.7K 80
❎Do Not Read before reading the 1st book of the series.❎ Drisana has started her journey to Indraprasth. After finding her place finally in Dwapar yu...
37.9K 1.7K 19
Historical fiction [Mahabharat] Book on eternal lovers !! Pandav brothers and their beloved Krishnaa... Focused on different parts from their whole l...