Incandescent

By JustAWeirdGirl01

"That... that can't be. I've never known you. I've always lived here since... since.... I can't remember." My... More

Incandescent
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 5

4 0 0
By JustAWeirdGirl01

Another Chapter.... Been working hard.....

*sigh 

Noone is reading my book...

I'MSUCH A FREAKING AMATEUR... :'( I should have believed my friends: Starting out as an author when you're only *2 years old ~I hid one of the numbers but I think you know how old I am... It's pretty obvious~ is going to be a rough road.

Here is my awful excuse for a chapter

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

“Why are all of you here? Who authorized you to do this? Miss Ivory?” She asks us, angrily, while going down the stairs. “Missus Naysmith, we can explain…” I look at Huck for help but he is mouthing names “Caroline and Beatrice.” I checked on who led her here. Caroline! You traitor! I knew something was weird about that Beatrice. “Missus Naysmith, please sit down. Uhm…”

BAM! The sound made me jump then I see Missus Naysmith falling down. Then I saw who hit her, Grandis. “Huck, Christin, Katri, Hold her.” He shows us a chip, small enough to hide. “Do you remember this Huck?” Huck nods and he gave a sly smile “Your father gave that to you?” “He gave it to me before they went to Kentro. Go get the pain reliever and I’ll try to connect this to Missus Naysmith’s brain.” It’s a mind controlling chip! I think, if we get to control Missus Naysmith, she’ll allow us to do this. But the real question is; will I still trust Caroline and Beatrice? I shouldn’t have trust them but we need more members. I must find out what made them do this. “Do you know what you’re doing?” I ask then both of them laughed. “My father and I made this; someone requested this to be made before they were executed.”  Then he starts connecting the chip to her brain. “…and I’m done. Wake her up and give her the pain reliever.” When Missus Naysmith woke up the first thing she said is; “Be careful with all your decisions, one wrong decision and you’ll regret it. Let’s go eat dinner.” then she leaves the basement as if she has already given us permission to gather here and plan something illegal. “Let’s go eat, children.” We made the other members go home and after that we go to the Dining Hall and eat our dinner. I notice the difference in Missus Naysmith actions; “Grandis, I thought the only thing the chip was going to do is to make her give us permission to meet and plan with the others but she is nicer than usual.”

“The chip’s job is to satisfy the main leader, which is you.”

“Only me?” I ask

“Only you.” He answers

“Well, I guess there is no going back since you connected that chip to her brain.” I say with a serious expression. “I guess so.” Then Ginger started coughing; “You better drink your water, we need you healthy and strong. Okay?” she nods. “Tomorrow we start our training then the next day we’ll go to the lake. You’re just a kid; you’re not supposed to be stressed like me.” Grandis’ suggestion made me nervous, I’m not sure I can swim. “I agree with Grandis, you should not be worried like us. You better enjoy your life while you still have it.” After dinner, we went back to the basement. We were startled when we saw the traitors; Caroline and Beatrice. “What are you doing here?” asks Christin with a very enraged tone. “We’d like to say sorry, you see we really wanted to join you but she made us do It.” says Beatrice. “Who made you do it?” I ask and their reply made me angry; “This is only for Huck, Grandis and Christin.” It’s like they’re being like this because they think I’m different; “Pardon?” “You better relax and stay calm. It’s maybe better if you don’t know what we’re talking about, now go and sleep.” Christin made me furious that I slammed the door when I got out. Then I saw my Storge identification card that made me wonder; is this who I really am? Am I really from here? They know more about me, I don’t know who I am. I started sobbing while the accident plays in my mind. Then I fainted.

I wake up in the afternoon and then I take a shower. After I got dressed up and after I’ve eaten, I see her staring at me, Missus Naysmith, while she is drinking a cup of coffee. “So I heard you were having a training session but I think you won’t have enough space. This is the key to the attic; it is big enough for half of your members while the other half is in the basement. Trust me.” I nod and I proceed to the attic. I open the door then I see the many weapons used during the war before this place became some sort of orphanage. There are dummies, weapons and armors more than enough for all       incandescence, enough to protect them when the government of the two countries decides to attack us. When I got out, I was surprised to see Grandis sitting right outside the door.

“Grandis, what are you doing here?” I ask “What are you doing here?” he asks suspiciously “I have the key for the attic, now answer my question.” “I came here because Huck and I fought, again.” “Come look what’s inside the attic.” We enter the attic and he immediately run towards the sword, after that he attacked the dummies. “I miss doing this.” “Where did you learn about this?” “The duty of a parent in Epulo is to teach their child how to shoot an arrow or how to wield a sword.” and then I grab sword and I spar with him. CLANK! I was amazed because he disarmed me while at school I was the undefeated fencing champion. “That was very impressive, Mister Whishart.” “You too, Miss Ivory. Let’s go tell Huck and Christin that we have found everything we need for training.”

We go to the basement and we announce that we found a new training area and that the group will be divided into two. At the end of training a sparring battle will be conducted; each sparring battle consists of two rounds, if there’s a tie, a third round will be made. After ten minutes of dividing them into two, group one is escorted to the attic. I and Huck will be the leaders for group one while Christin and Grandis will be the leaders for group two and the battles will be held in the attic.  The best trainees will be the one who battles the other group, for the first sparring battle, leaders are the only contestants. After we’ve distributed the weapons and moved half of the dummies into the basement, we’ve started training. Classifying them according to their skills, making them choose their weapons. I took charge of the knife throwing class; Ginger is in charge of the archery class, while Huck is in charge of the spears. We all teach them how to wield a sword as one class, making beginners spar beginners. At the end of the day, the sparring battle starts and I and Grandis spar. CHINK! goes the swords as they hit each other for about ten minutes. CLANK! I’ve disarmed Grandis and I hit him on the armor. “You’ve improved.” “You’re a very challenging opponent.” We hug and we watch the second sparring begin between Christin and Huck. Gasps of amazement escape from the other’s mouths; it took about seven minutes and then CLANK! Huck hits Christin’s armor with such a huge impact that made her fall. “The winner for the first sparring battle is group one.” Leoporis declares.

It’s time for dismissal and dinner, we’ve sent all members home and I and Huck are still rejoicing about our victory. “You were so great Katri, but it doesn’t surprise me because you are the school’s undefeated fencing champion. You want to fight later?” “Sure.” We ate and we told each other stories like the time I won a competition. After our meal, we go to the attic and we started sparring. I defeated Huck and he tells me; “Tomorrow, we are going to the lake. You are coming with us, right?” “I am coming with you guys, why not?” “Good, chocolate ice cream, my treat.” He hugged me. I sleep for about two hours because I heard this loud thud in the kitchen. I go to the kitchen to investigate only to find Grandis making milk. “You can’t sleep?” “It’s hard, I dreamt about the girl I love. She has a little sister and she throws knives as weapons but her uncle made his dad go here to form a treaty for peace.” “Where is she now?” “She’s here in Storge but I don’t think she’ll remember me. I’m sorry I woke you up.” “No, it’s fine. Sleep tight.” “You too”

I sleep again only to wake up in 9:00 in the morning. I took a shower and I decided to wear the necklace I was wearing when I got here in Zone 10. The pendant is a golden half- heart and the right side was missing, because I was having a hard time trying to put it on, Ginger helped me wear it. “You look great big sis” she exclaims “You too my cute, little sis.” I say. We go to the kitchen to fix our picnic basket, but suddenly we saw Missus Naysmith crying. “Why are you crying?” asks Ginger; “My husband, he… he… was arrested for stealing in the pharmacy. He needed them for his mom and we’re all out of medicine.” “Why didn’t you just buy one?” Ginger asks; “We’re broke.” Then she starts crying loudly. “Now my husband is on a trial, if we lose, he will be beheaded.” We hug her then someone summons her; “Missus Naysmith, you are needed in Kentro.” They left, and we continue to fix the picnic basket. Leoporis arrives happily and says “Christin invited me to come with you. Is it okay if I come?” “It’s okay, trust me. You do know how to swim right?” “I do.” I decide to I go to their room but no one was there. I go to the attic but they weren’t practicing. I go to the basement then I see them reporting to someone again. The man is still the one they are reporting to. “We’re sorry we had no time to report to you. They are safe and we promise we’ll take care of them.” says Huck. “They better be, if not I will take them from all of you and you’ll never see them again. What happened to your revolution thing?” the man asks; “Well, so far we’ve gained trust from other zones, recruited members and taught them how to use weapons.” says Grandis. “Good luck and be careful. I don’t want my nieces to be wounded or sick.” Is he my uncle? I’ve never been so confused in my life. They really know more about me than me! I back to the kitchen and I tell Ginger everything I heard. “Forget about your problems, just for today. I promise the more relax you are, the more relaxed I’ll be.” she says.

“Let’s go Katri and Ginger. We don’t have all day for packing.” Grandis says. We go to the lake far from the school and in a much hidden place. I prepare the picnic when suddenly Ginger called for me. “Ginger, come here! Look at Grandis’ bracelet, it looks like your pendant but the left side is missing. I’ll try to connect it.” When she finally did, it was a perfect fit. I look at him and he smiled. “Grandis, Ginger, why don’t you go swimming?” I exclaim; “You’re not coming with us?” he asks. “I forgot how to swim but I am wearing my swimsuit” I say, embarrassed. “Oh well. I’ll keep her safe.” he promises. They both run towards the lake and I continue preparing the picnic. After preparing it, I sit down on the floor when suddenly Huck appears, “Why aren’t you swimming?” he asks; “I forgot how. Why aren’t you swimming?” “I don’t want to swim. Do you want the chocolate ice cream now or later?” He asks. “Later, before we go home.” He lied down on the picnic mat with his head resting on my legs. When I see Grandis looking at us, jealously, for so long that he didn’t notice the drowning little boy. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 226 34
I ran. I ran as fast as I could. I couldn't do this. "Mate!" My wolf, Odette, screamed in my head. Her tail wagging, jumping around in pure excitemen...
2.1K 630 51
Jospeh Capurso has always dreamt of a fresh start ever since immigrating from Italy to the United Stated when he was a young boy. It's difficult to s...
La Principessa By jh

General Fiction

437K 4.3K 8
"You are our sister, Ana! Our little girl and our world. You may not be ours by blood but you are ours by heart and choice, baby. We love you." ...
18.5K 946 65
A lonely girl from a small town in Oklahoma finds herself in the middle of Seattle, Washington. What she didn't know was fate was about to deal her a...