The Desire Variable | Rewrite

By DarlaCassic

MATURE CONTENT, +18 ONLY When Andy starts a complex and steamy love affair with her new boss, she discovers t... More

⸻ ONE ⸻
⸻ TWO ⸻
⸻ THREE ⸻
⸻ FOUR ⸻
⸻ FIVE ⸻
⸻ SIX ⸻
⸻ SEVEN ⸻
⸻ EIGHT ⸻
⸻ NINE ⸻
⸻ TEN ⸻
⸻ ELEVEN ⸻
⸻ TWELVE ⸻
⸻ THIRTEEN ⸻
⸻ FOURTEEN ⸻
⸻ FIFTEEN ⸻
⸻ SIXTEEN ⸻
⸻ SEVENTEEN ⸻
⸻ EIGHTEEN ⸻
⸻ NINETEEN ⸻
⸻ TWENTY ⸻
⸻ TWENTY-ONE ⸻
⸻ TWENTY-TWO ⸻
⸻ TWENTY-THREE ⸻
⸻ TWENTY-FOUR ⸻
⸻ TWENTY-FIVE ⸻
⸻ TWENTY-SIX ⸻
⸻ TWENTY-SEVEN ⸻
⸻ TWENTY-EIGHT ⸻
⸻ TWENTY-NINE ⸻
⸻ THIRTY ⸻
⸻ THIRTY-ONE ⸻
⸻ THIRTY-TWO ⸻
⸻ THIRTY-THREE ⸻
⸻ THIRTY-FOUR ⸻
⸻ THIRTY-SIX ⸻
⸻ THIRTY-SEVEN ⸻
⸻ THIRTY-EIGHT ⸻
⸻ THIRTY-NINE ⸻
⸻ FOURTY ⸻

⸻ THIRTY-FIVE ⸻

6.4K 97 8
By DarlaCassic

Lex and I are a little more organized this time. The first thing we do is meet up in the parking lot to leave my stuff in his car. Then, we both work late, so the building is almost empty by the time we leave.

Once we're at his place, I'm delighted to be greeted by Mary again. So much so that I turn around to show Lex my appreciation with a generous but short kiss.

"I need to put my bag in your room and then stop by your bathroom," I tell him, moving away from his lips.

"Of course. I have a bottle of French wine for tonight. Unless you'd rather have a beer?"

"Wine sounds great. Be right back." After one last peck, I retreat to his room.

At a record-breaking speed, I freshen up and slip on my underwear, twisting to look at my backside in the mirror. If I can appreciate how amazing my ass looks in it, then Lex will lose his mind. Adding to that, I have the little black dress I wore when we celebrated the sale of my app and first kissed. A bra is out of the question, but Lex won't mind, given that the alternative is no bra.

I still can't believe we have an entire weekend together. Forty-eight hours of uninterrupted fun, just him, me, and his incredible bed.

Horror hits me as an unexpected truth dawns on me. It's physically impossible that I won't need to go number two. And he'll be around. How do people handle it? How did I manage with the guys I dated? I'll have to make sure he doesn't come into the bathroom right after.

I whimper and adjust my dress before looking at myself from every angle I can, hoping Lex will appreciate the gesture. Once my makeup looks good, I decide to dismiss the heels I brought. The floors are immaculate anyway, and I want to be comfortable.

As I return to Lex, I fluff my hair and adjust my bangs. "Mary, can you put a sexy chill playlist on, please?" I ask. The sweet, languid, and amazing intro of Redbone slowly fills the ambient air.

Lex is sitting on the couch when I arrive, pouring wine into a glass. One's already filled, and he laid out plates with appetizing finger foods. He sees me arrive in the corner of his eye, and his sharp gaze locks on my dress. The way his jaw clenches uncontrollably tells me he remembers the garment all too well.

"I hope this one's mine," I joke, pointing at the now very well-filled glass. He abruptly returns his attention to his task and straightens the bottle up.

His hasty gesture makes a bit of a mess, so he dries his hand and the table with a napkin. "Sorry, I was having the most intense déjà vu."

Feigning innocence, I sit beside him, tucking a leg under me. I even out the glasses to make them more manageable, and hand him one with a smile. A drop of wine is rolling down mine, so I mindlessly lick it up before it gets too low. When I meet Lex's intense stare, I understand my mindless gesture wasn't that innocent.

"To a productive week," I offer as a toast, tapping my glass to his.

"And to an even more productive weekend."

An irresistible grin bends my mouth as I sip on my wine. Dear Lord, it's delicious. "I didn't even ask you how your sister's visit in town went," I say, bending to take a pig in a blanket.

"It was all right. Lucy can be very bossy and doesn't seem to have realized yet that I'm a grown man." His annoyance amuses me because it hits way too close to home. Tyler often forgets I'm an adult woman, too.

"Lucy is the eldest, right? Why was she here?"

"She is, yes. And she was in Seattle for a seminar. She's the head of her pediatric department, and because she's excellent at her job, she gets invited as a speaker nationwide. She rarely goes, but since I live here, she accepted."

"Where does she live?"

"She moved back to Denver when she finished her doctorate."

"Moved back? Are you Colemans originally from Colorado?" I ask, genuinely surprised.

"I was born there, yes. But then we moved to Seattle when I was around five. I'm the only one still living here. Emila moved to New York, and Juliet followed Lucy to Denver a couple of years after she left. My parents are always moving around, my father especially. Miriam is mostly in Denver but comes to Seattle a few months per year."

"Miriam?"

"My mother."

"You call your mom by her name?"

"She doesn't have a maternal bone in her body, so I stopped calling her 'mom' long ago."

His tone is detached, but I can sense the pain and resentment behind his words. I love my mom with all my heart, and she's exceptionally maternal. I can't imagine what it must be like to grow up with an emotionally indifferent woman. Is it why Lex is so cold and distant at first glance? It took a while for me to see everything underneath his facade, and cold or distant aren't among them.

I don't want to press him about his parents since the topic is clearly sensitive, so I ask, "Why did you guys move here?"

"My father needed to get closer to Alaska for work, and my mother refused to live there. Seattle was the best compromise they found. It was that or a divorce. In hindsight, my sisters and I realized a divorce would have been a preferable outcome."

"They didn't get along?"

"Worse. They ignored each other. They lived separate lives together and didn't even try to keep up with appearances. My father had his mistresses, and my mother had her occupations. The more he'd indulge in extramarital affairs, the more she'd spend on charities. The Colemans are renowned for their generosity when it comes to donations. Truly it's just Miriam getting back at her husband by hitting him where it hurts the most—money."

There's a moment of silence as Lex takes a pensive sip of his wine. I still remember how he told me he doesn't do relationships, and now I understand why. His primary reference regarding life partners is a disastrous one.

"Now, before my fucked up family history completely ruins the mood, let's switch to a much more interesting subject," he suggests, angling himself to face me better. "How did you become such a dork?"

An incredulous snort bursts out of me. "I'm not a dork!"

"Oh, please. I saw how you schooled Dakota when she thought Darth Vader and Kylo Ren were the same character."

"It doesn't make me a dork, but rather passionate."

"A passionate dork, then."

He's teasing me, his eyes lighting up with humor. Like him, I'm enjoying this little banter immensely, loving how comfortable we are. Nothing in Lex's attitude leads me to believe that being a dork is bad in his mind.

I sit more comfortably, tucking my other leg under me.

"Well, just like programming, it came from my dad. He was an absolute geek before geeks even existed. Hardcore Star Trek fan, had a computer as soon as he could afford one, loved video games... He's the one who passed it all to me. Tyler always preferred books over movies because he feels he's missing part of the experience. So, when my dad realized I was receptive to his passion, he bathed me in all that geek culture early on," I explain.

"He used to take me to this old-school arcade place whenever I came home with good grades—so nearly every week. He'd buy us twenty dollars' worth of tokens, and we'd stay there until we ran out of coins. I was crushed when they closed the place ten years ago. He also gave me my fondness for movies. Our tastes are very similar, except I love watching those terrible Hallmark Christmas movies with my mom and abuela. He also set me up with a state-of-the-art gaming computer when I was around nine and introduced me to the world of video games. When I was twelve, he opened the gates of online gaming. I got very good at Call of Duty."

"You don't play much anymore. What happened?"

"Well, it was taking up too much of my time; it left no room for anything else. And sometimes in middle school, I began having other preoccupations. I was gradually becoming a woman, and all my interests were boy stuff, which became a complex for me. I drifted away from my dad a bit during that period and tried to deny my true nature. But then, I overcame my insecurities in my junior year of high school and embraced my affection for nerdy stuff."

While recalling all this, I'm distractedly looking at my wine, a slight melancholia taking over me. Driving down to Portland to spend some time with my folks is overdue. When I meet Lex's eyes, he's staring at me with a strange expression. Fuck, I'm rambling.

I'm about to apologize for getting carried away when Lex says, "Your father seems like a great person." Ah, damn... I'd had the best dad ever, and although I'm not sure about Lex's father, something tells me their relationship wasn't anywhere near this good.

"He really is—always so loving and affectionate. I love my mom with everything I have, but I've always been closer to my dad. He made me into the person I am now, and I can never thank him enough. I think you're going to—"

The words die as soon as I understand the implications of what I'm about to say. I think you're going to really get along.

Okay, I need to slow my horses the fuck down.

"He must be proud of you," Lex says.

"He is. He originally hoped I'd work for a big firm like Avoss." I grimace as I remember the existence of Hugh. "But when he learned I was applying for Kelex, he was ecstatic. We all knew your company thanks to Tyler, who uses several of your apps."

We talk for a while, drinking over half the bottle and eating. We naturally move closer to one another, my knees over Lex's thigh, and his arm is on the couch's backrest behind me, his fingers drawing mindless patterns on my shoulder. This moment of casual chatter and comfortable proximity is everything.

I learn a few more things about Lex, like how he has known Kevin since middle school and they have been inseparable ever since. I tell him about my mom and her teaching job, and he tells me about his sisters, who all have incredible careers. Emilia and Juliet work for the Coleman empire, one in the New York branch and the other in the Denver headquarters.

Somehow, we end up talking about nerdy things again, and I get a little too passionate about it. "I can't believe you tried to pretend you aren't a dork," Lex says with amusement.

"Well, I don't want you to see me that way."

"Why?"

"I don't know, because... I want to be sexy or cute in your eyes. Not a nerdy and geeky dork."

A sensuous smile stretches Lex's lips, and I brace myself for whatever this means. He puts his glass on the table before reaching for my hip to rest his hand there. Bending forward, he kisses the side of my neck with sensuality. An energizing shiver runs through me, and I close my eyes to savor his gesture.

"I can assure you that I find you very sexy and cute," he says, his hot breath caressing the sensitive skin of my throat. "But as attractive and gorgeous as I find you, the image wouldn't be complete if you weren't a nerdy and geeky dork."

His libertine mouth lazily explores my exposed skin, making me shiver every time his wet tongue darts out to taste the skin. His hand on my hip is adamantly pulling me closer, so I do. I moan when he takes the lobe of my ear between his lips and gently sucks on it.

"I wouldn't have guessed you were into nerds," I breathe out.

"I didn't know it myself. As it turns out, I'm into everything you are. I'm an Andreaphile."

My heart is about to explode, its rhythm ridiculously fast. He's into me. He likes all of me.

My head is slightly spinning from the wine as much as the sensual atmosphere. My chest aches with a swelling sensation that's becoming familiar. I'm still holding my nearly empty glass, so Lex takes it away to settle it on the table before returning to his task.

With a precise gesture, he tugs at the tie on the back of my neck to reveal my bare chest. After a lustful glance at my hardened tips, he lowers his hungry mouth onto one of them, gently nipping on the soft flesh around it, rolling his skilled tongue on the puckered surface.

Tonight, I'm in the mood to take, not to give. I will let him cherish and adore me. It always wrecks me when he makes love to me, and tonight, I want him to give me everything and imprint his mark on my soul forever. Regardless of how this may evolve, Alexander Coleman is part of my history now. A part of me.

His hand on my hip finds its way under the hem of my dress, and I moan when his knuckles graze the lace covering my mound. He presses a little harder, right on my clit, and I shiver. He tenses against me when he finds out how soaked I already am. His low groan reverberates on my sensitive nipple, and he lets go of it to look up at my flushed face.

"You drive me insane," he reveals. My underwear gets pushed to the side, and his fingers slide up my swollen folds. "Sometimes, my mind drifts to you, and I often get hard at the thought of your wet and tight pussy." He slowly pushes two fingers inside of me, making me release a soft plaint. "I want you all the time. I want to be with you, around you, inside of you. I want to hear you laugh, talk, moan, and scream my name. I'm always longing to see you, how you furrow your brows when you're confused, how you bite your lip when you're trying not to laugh, how you fidget when you're embarrassed..."

The pleasure of his fingers' thrusts is almost as great as the one his words bring. This isn't just me. We have a connection, a strong bond tying us together, and he can sense it too. It goes beyond lust and desire.

"I don't know what you're doing to me, Andrea. It's like both hell and heaven when I'm with you. I finally get to touch you, to kiss you, to hold you, but I know I'll never get enough of you, and the thought is slowly killing me."

"Lex, I'm not going anywhere." His frustration, his torment, his desires... Those are things I can understand all too well.

He pulls his hand away from my core and easily handles me so I'm straddling him, my face inches from his. The longing and the need in his eyes wreck me. I frame his adored face with tender hands, gorging on the sight of this incredible man.

"Say that again," he demands. "Say you're mine."

My heart is seconds away from exploding, my emotions so overwhelming I can barely breathe. I can't imagine anyone else making me feel the way he does. It's impossible. Lex is everything. He means the world.

"Say it, Andrea."

I'm his. I have been for a while now, whether or not I admit it. It's a dangerous thing to belong to someone, but I don't care. Nothing else but the truth matters.

"I'm yours, Alexander," I whisper, claiming his lips tenderly. He groans his approval, kissing me back with maddening intensity. His hold on me tightens, and then I'm airbound as he takes me to his room.

I'm undoubtedly, absolutely, and utterly his. My body, soul, and heart belong to this man.

The man I so desperately love.

While Lex carries me through his apartment, I cover his handsome face with ardent smooches, determined to show him how much I'm his. In this moment of abandoned passion, all my doubts are gone.

I'm in love with him.

I love Lex with everything I have, everything I am. I love his brain, his personality, his face, his spirit... I need him as I never needed anyone or anything.

Given his own state of devoted fervor, it seems I'm not the only one prone to some meaningful revelation. Something's happening between us. I can feel it in the air that surrounds us, heavy and electric, almost as if a storm looms over us, about to wreck us with its intensity. Our relationship reached a turning point. None of it is light and breezy anymore. It isn't even near casual.

It's become pointless to try to preserve my heart since he can already break it into a million pieces.

I'm so engrossed in showing him how much I love him that I don't even notice when we enter his room. It's only when he bends to sit me on the edge of his bed that I do.

I sit up, bewitched, as he impatiently removes his shirt. At the sight of his muscular torso, my clit offers a happy little pulse. With two fingers into his waistband, I pull him closer to me, desperate to taste him. My lips press themselves on the hollow crest between his abs, just above his navel. I then lay a myriad of pecks on the skin I can access while I unbuckle his belt. When I finally open his slacks, I push them down just enough to reveal more of the deep V at his hips. Impatiently, I lick one up, enjoying the smoothness of his skin under my tongue, pure lust and need coursing through my veins.

With a groan, he fists a handful of my hair at the back of my head to angle my face up. Our tongues meet and battle in a feverish attempt to get more. Then he rips himself away from me to finish what I started. His pants come down quickly, exposing his impressive erection to my sight.

As eager as he is, I unzip the side of my dress' skirt. Lex observes me with a heated gaze while I remove it and expose the fine lingerie to his sight.

Ah, dammit... He won't get to see how nice it looks from behind. Because it would be a shame, I turn around and innocently make my way to the middle of the bed on all fours.

"Fucking hell," he mumbles.

Before I can rejoice on a well-accomplished mission, his hand catches my ankle and drags me back toward him. My protest comes in the form of a giggle-ish squeal as he flips me around with impatient moves. He graces me with a desperate kiss before feverishly pecking his way down my stomach and practically ripping my underwear off.

Like a starving man, he kneels before the bed and passes his broad shoulders between my legs. My hips buck at the electric-like touch of his tongue on my clit. I let out a desperate whimper, tangling my finger in his silky dark hair.

His mouth is merciless, flicking intensely, his lips sucking on the swollen bud. He doesn't want to make it last, nor is he seeking to drive me crazy. The goal here is to make me come. He wants to be inside of me but still needs me to orgasm before that.

Desperate to hold on to him, I let go of his hair and seek his hands. While his skillful ministrations never stop, he releases my thighs, and we interlace our fingers together as if we had done it hundreds of times before. It anchors me to reality, to him, and I bask in the bond we share.

Our hands locked together, I hold onto him, looking down to meet his eyes as he feasts on my throbbing intimacy. My grip is tight, but he doesn't seem to mind. He grows more intense with each moan, cry, or jolt from me.

Utterly silent and unmoving for a few seconds, I plunge into ecstasy, the pleasure so great I can't do anything but endure it. Still keeping our hands intertwined, he secures my hips between his forearms to contain my jolts. He draws out my orgasm, and when I try to wriggle away or free my hands, he prevents it, tightening his hold on me. I'm as powerless as he's inflexible.

Then, when the last shiver has run its course, he frees me, wipes his lower face on the bedding, and helps me up the mattress. In seconds, he's taking his position over me, hooking one of my legs over his arm while I lift the other one high on his side. When he demands it, I kiss him back fervently, aroused by my taste on his tongue.

He's so hard that he doesn't need his hand to press his swollen head onto my sleek opening. One vigorous thrust later, he's deeply planted into me, my walls protesting the sudden intrusion.

"You're mine, Andrea," he grunts, adjusting his hips to reach even deeper.

"Yes... I'm yours."

He backs up until only the tip is in me and then rams in, wrecking me with how good it is. In this position, he dives deeper than ever before, his head meeting my cervix. It's almost painful, but I don't mind. I want all of it, so I urge him closer with a hand while the other pulls him in for a needy kiss.

With our bodies angled like this, I can easily peek at the spot where we join. I suddenly crave to see him possessing me and the source of our lovemaking, so I rip my lips away from his and stare down. Lex does the same, and with our foreheads pressed together, we watch as he pumps in and out of me. The vision is mesmerizing. His thick and long shaft is coated with my wetness, and it appears and disappears between us. I feel deliciously full whenever his trimmed hair meets my dampened curls.

Lex changes his movements and gifts me with very long, very slow thrusts, allowing me to peek at his full length before plunging it entirely into my tightness again. Shit, how is it even possible for me to take all that? It almost looks like a magic trick.

"You feel so good, Andrea," he rasps, rolling his hips in a way that has my walls spasm around him. "I've never—It's never been—" He stumbles on the words, apparently not finding one strong enough to describe his feelings.

But I understand him because I know exactly what he means.

Instead of expressing it with words, he decides to show it. He lets go of my leg and firmly holds my hips before straightening up to sit on the bed with me straddling him.

He adjusts his legs under me, spreading his knees to allow me to sink lower onto him, and I move mine to rest on each side of him. Our faces are almost aligned in this position, and I hook my arms over his neck to draw him in for a kiss. With his large hands clasping my behind, he encourages me to undulate.

I follow his guidance and use his support to rock my hips back and forth into him. This position is incredible. The whole front of my intimacy rubs over the base of him when I take him whole, marvelously stimulating my sensitive bud. Like this, I can control our union's depth, angle, and intensity, which is insanely good. With each oscillation of my hips, my nipples graze the light hair on his chest, adding to all the other stimulations.

Once I get the hang of it and can handle it alone, Lex caresses my back, igniting shivers of delight under the skin.

When I look at him again, he's staring at me with mixed emotions that shatter me. He seems almost lost, dismayed by what's happening. His eyebrows are slightly frowned, his eyes gliding over my features intensely. I can almost think he loves me when he looks at me like that, with so much longing and passion. Right now, it's effortless to believe his feelings echo mine, that he wants me with unyielding devotion.

I keep my languid momentum up, our crotches meeting over and over, and lay tender kisses on his face, giving him every ounce of the love he deserves. He lets out a hoarse moan when I kiss the side of his throat, and his hold around me tightens.

Gradually, I swing my hips faster, and he helps me with the tiring effort, clasping my ass. Pleasure is quick to build up, our sweaty fronts gliding together, our lips meeting and separating, our arms clutching each other intently.

My soft cries meet each of his moans, the tension between my legs so powerful my thighs tremble. I'm shamelessly grinding on his lap, impaling myself on his length, rubbing the sensitive front of my femininity on the stiff muscles of his lower abdomen, seeking my release with palpable despair.

With the intense way he stares back, I can see many things pass through his mind. His emotions are undergoing the same turmoil as mine, too strong to fight and too staggering to ignore.

Fuck, how I love him...

I have to tell him. He needs to know.

"Lex, I—"

But the words aren't coming. I'm lost too far into passion, too devastated by it to form sentences. I whimper with annoyance, keeping up with the harsh cadence of my undulation.

"I know," he answers, seeking my lips for a second. "Me too."

Me too...

His declaration, whatever it means, breaks the dam. I cry out his name, holding onto him with all my strength, wanting to be as close as possible to him. I shudder in his arms, ravaged by my orgasm, while he keeps lifting me up and down on his erection, chasing his own deliverance. It adds to my climax and makes my eyes water from the overwhelming sensations. Within seconds, he muffles a roar on the skin of my shoulder, keeping me down on him with a bruising hold as he comes deep inside me.

We remain like this for a moment, holding onto each other with our intertwined limbs, our ragged breathing gradually calming down. I could stay in his embrace forever, his shaft softening in me, his warm breath caressing my chest, the faint, masculine smell of his sweat filling my nostrils... But my legs eventually grow numb, so I have to move, dislodging his lax shaft from within me. Before withdrawing from him, I give him a light kiss, enjoying how bewildered he seems.

I move just enough to drop on the soft duvet of his bed, entirely spent. Lex joins me, lying against my side, seemingly as drained as I am.

"That was..." I start, not sure how to even voice it. The connection I felt to him was so intense, so perfect...

"Yes, it was."

His profile offers a lovely view as I admire the straight line of his nose, the grain of his stubble, and the thick arch of his eyebrows. He then twists his face toward me, giving me a genuine and cheerful smirk.

"You're a very gifted dork."

"A passionate one."

When the air on my sweaty skin makes me shiver, I crawl my way under the duvet. Lex follows me there and then rolls to get on top of me. Oh, sweet baby Jesus, have mercy on me...

But he grabs his phone on the nightstand instead, opens the drawer, and digs out a pair of glasses from it. "I'll need more than finger food if I want to keep up with you, Walker," he explains.

My jaw drops slightly when he puts his glasses on. Those are very different from the ones he usually wears—rounder and thicker. He looks way nerdier with those. Fuck... How can someone look so insanely hot and adorably cute at the same time?

Lex notices my bewilderment. "What?"

"I like your glasses."

"They are old prescriptions that still work."

"I always wondered what you need them for."

"Hypermetropia. It's not too bad, but it can become straining, especially since I stare at screens all day. That's also why there's a blue-block filter on them."

"Ah, finally... A physical flaw," I tease, giving his broad chest a tender graze to compensate for the jab. "But you look very, very sexy with glasses on, so definitely not a loss."

He shakes his head with a grin and returns his attention to his phone. For the next ten minutes, we scroll through UberEATS to find what we'll order. I'm craving Thai, but he wants Greek, so we compromise and get Thai.

Once done, he rolls over me again to settle his phone back on the nightstand. His glasses remain on, though, and I know exactly why. That cunning little...

When he doesn't get back next to me, I understand what he plans on doing until the food gets here in twenty-five minutes.

"There isn't enough time," I argue with a charmed grin. He drops on the mattress with a groan, resigned.

There isn't time for sex, but we have other options. I'm suddenly too famished to wait, but thankfully, my first course is right here. A sensual sigh comes from him as I trail my tongue and lips down his half-raised shaft, grabbing it gently. My mouth is already salivating, and I can't wait to make him come like this.

When he gestures to remove his glasses, I shake my head. "Keep them on," I order right before I kiss the swollen head of his cock.

Can this weekend just last forever?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.6K 2.4K 42
*Book 1 of CEO series* "Am I a villain?" Mr. Martinez probed, pinning me with his intense gaze. "Yes!" He chuckled and instantly he took two large s...
3.4M 147K 91
When Andy starts a complex and steamy love affair with her new boss, she discovers there's more to his arrogant facade than she originally thought. •...
277K 3.3K 7
"You have no idea how many times I've imagined this." She whispered as her lips crashed down on his. Hearing her say those words nearly made him cum...
166K 12.6K 42
Enemies to lovers- Boss/employee- Bickering and Bantering- Billionaire romance Second chance romance HEA romance novel If it weren't for bad luck, I'...