Upshift - Danielle of newjean...

By Andrethelegend27

Y/n Yu never believed in love at first sight, in his mind, he was more likely to run to the barriers of a rac... More

Upshift
Wiki page: Y/N Yu
Chapter 1 - The Invite
Chapter 2 - Homecoming
Chapter 3 - Driving By
Chapter 4 - Are U Ready?
Chapter 6 - Only for a Moment
Chapter 7 - Talking Stage
Chapter 8 - Situtationship
Chapter 9 - Perhaps Love
Intermission 1: Korean GP 24

Chapter 5 - Shot Through the Heart

338 18 2
By Andrethelegend27

regular: Korean

Italics: English

~~~

~~~

Danielle's first impression of a Formula 1 race was that it was loud.

Compared to the music shows, festivals, and concerts that she had been to before, this was on a different scale.

"It's so loud here!" Danielle said, trying to make herself heard over the throng of the fans from the stands, the people touring the paddocks, and the press that were taking pictures.

"I know right?" Hanni partially yelled back at her.

The cheers of the fans coming from the stands, and the amount of work going on in the paddocks that she heard, as she and Hanni made their way toward the McLaren pits were deafening. Whilst passing through the crew, press, and visitors, the two idols greeted fans who recognized them. Having arrived early, Hanni had already introduced Danielle to her best friend from Australia: Oscar Piastri, who was a driver at McLaren.

As the three were chatting, another person came by, who introduced himself (in a thick British accent) as Lando Norris, the other McLaren driver. The quartet were engaged in conversation, when the loud voice of another person cut through the relative calm of the McLaren pits.

"Greetings people of the McLaren crew! I come in peace!" Y/N playfully proclaimed as he made his way into the McLaren pits, high-fiving a few of the mechanics, and towards the 2 McLaren drivers and their guests.

"The Korean Formula One Prince has come amongst us!" Oscar made his way to Y/N, giving him a high-five and a one-armed hug, "what brings you behind enemy lines?"

"Can't a person drop by and visit the team that gave him his starting chance in Formula One? We are friends, are we not?"

Hearing the playful banter between the mysterious driver and Oscar made Danielle let out a playful laugh. It was then that Y/N noticed the presence of the two girls there.

"Friends of yours, Oscar?" Y/N asked, indicating toward the two girls.

"Ah yes, let me introduce you to them! This here is Hanni Pham! My best friend from back in Australia! And this here is her best friend from Korea, Danielle Marsh!"

"Pleasure to meet you two! My name is Y/N Yu, I'm a driver for the Aston Martin team!"

The young driver first shook hands with Hanni, who was basically hyperventilating from meeting the first Korean Formula One Driver.

As the young driver extended his hand to shake hers, Danielle's brown eyes met those of Y/N's.

He was clearly taller than her, with medium-length black hair that he pushed to the left side of his face, his jawline was defined and angular, making him look slim yet strong. His facial complexion in perfect harmony with his Green racing suit. To Danielle, he looked more like a professional model rather than a driver. It was the first time that she laid her eyes on the Formula One Prince of Korea, but she already felt like her heart was shot by Cupid's arrow, rendering her speechless.

"ni...Nice to meet you Y/N!"

Now Y/N wasn't a person who believed in love at first sight, he was the type who believed that he had to develop a friendship with someone before deciding if he wanted to pursue a relationship. But at that moment, he was questioning everything that he believed in.

The girl in front of him was... there was no other word for it, simply beautiful. Her curly auburn hair cascaded in waves, and her eyes sparkled under the lights like they were the stars.

Luckily, before Y/N could say anything stupid, a loud voice cut through the moment.

"Hey Y/N! We gotta go! The race starts in 15 minutes, and Mike wants a word with us before the race begins!"

Moving his gaze in the direction of the voice of his teammate, Y/N was glad he called for him, as he was fairly certain that his face was redder than an apple.

"I'll be right there Lance! Sorry guys, I guess duty calls!" Y/N said as he nodded briefly to the McLaren drivers. "Okay boys, may the best driver win!"

And as he left, he heard a voice call out to him.

"Good luck Y/N!"

Turning around, he saw the owner of the voice. And his heart somersaulted. 

He started to lightly jog towards Lance, who was standing at the entrance to the McLaren Garage.

"Bro! Why is your face so red right now?" Lance asked, clapping a hand on Y/N's back.

"Lance...I can feel it here..." Y/N pointed to the right side of his chest, "I'm in love..."

"Don't you mean the left side of your chest? I don't know, where your heart is?"

"Shut up, Lance."

Back with Danielle and Hanni, the two of them were making their way to the observation balcony, when Danielle finally spoke up.

"Hanni... I think I'm in love..."

Hanni almost tripped on the stairs.

"WITH WHO?!" Hanni whisper-yelled, "Please don't say it's Oscat..."

"No...it's that Korean driver... the one who wears green..."

"OMG...Oscat is going to have a field day..."

~~~~~

~~~~~

~~~~~

A/N: TADA!!! I HOPE U GUYS LIKE IT!!!

Also introducing a few more F1 drivers!

A like, and a comment would be very appreciated! I want to hear what you guys think about this story so far!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.3K 41
"Raise a glass to the story of us" All Kang Dan-bi wanted to do ever since she was younger was to help people and influence them. So whats better tha...
90.7K 3.9K 34
The story of three brothers. Their life friendship, love and everything. Above all it's about the bond that they share. I may take inspiration from m...
21.5K 998 40
The Ghost King is a supervillain, and he's searching for something. Nico di Angelo is a villain to the whole city; the media is on his back daily, an...
856 85 25
A girl, Wang Emma, a Chinese exchange student decides to choose to mix with the infamous Mafia girl group, Twice. Leading to her mixing with some of...